Sailor Moon Crystal (Season 4 Officially Confirmed)

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
Gregory.B.
Custom Title: DIVA POWER MAKE-UP

Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Thread [New Dubbed Cast Announced]

Postby Gregory.B. » 28 Aug 2014, 21:30

BootyliciousJosh wrote:Soo it appears to be revealed that SMC will be both the Dark Kingdom AND Black Moon arcs!!
Excerpt from Kobayashi’s interview in the visual book translated by shitty me

(Did this in a rush and will double-check later, again and again and again…)
Q: From the script’s standpoint, what will be different from the previous anime?

K: “We know how it is going to end.” I’m borrowing the words from Producer Umezawa here. The previous anime was produced almost simultaneously with the manga and even the staff working on it didn’t know for sure which direction it was going to head towards.

This time the original work is already completed. We already know about all the settings, the ending and the revelation. We are given an advantage because we knowing for sure that (the story) ” will turn out like this in the end” and start from the opposite direction.

For example we are able to write everything with a feel of “destiny”, adding memory fragments of the Silver Millenium in the first scene of Act 1, Usagi and Mamoru feeling something during their first encounter. And just like showing at the end of Act 1 that Ami will appear in Act 2, we added scenes that led to the next episode in the end of each one. Takeuchi-sensei has also done so in her work, it’s also integrated in episodes where there was a cliffhanger. What kind of relationship this leads to, what will happen next…we were able to plant in hints like those because we already know the answer.

Also, it was decided that the current anime will be based on the manga. The number of episodes will also follow the original work, making it a “dense” story. On the flip side, we are already having our hand’s full by depicting the main story. The previous anime aired weekly and did not have the original story in stock. Fillers were added between each chapter, which featured more about each characters and stories about their daily lives..The five went out together and had many experiences…However, we don’t have that kind of space to add in episodes that end within one act. Instead, we are seeking to strengthen the characters that are featured in each episode by fleshing out their connections and dialogues. When reading the original work in manga format, the reader can decide and adjust their own pace. For example, if there is a scene where a new character appears, or a part where the characters were interaction it’s very easy (for a reader) to slow down, or go back, but the viewer can’t control the flow of time in animation, which is an audiovisual medium. Even if we are to follow the manga exactly as it is there will be circumstances that will not leave any impressions. If we want to have the viewer’s focus on a specific character or emotion, a certain amount of exaggerations are a must. Therefore, we are paying specific amount of attention towards the connections between each character this time and strengthened the way they encountered or their dialogues in their respective episodes.

Moreover, we have made vast changes in how the Shitennou are treated this time. You know, in the manga they were quickly defeated after they made their debut. Many big fans of the manga or the musicals may already know, the four were deeply involved with the 4 Senshi in their past lives. From the standpoint of already knowing the end, this can’t be separated from the story’s “worldview” (general setting). If they are just wiped out in split seconds, it would be difficult to make the Guardians except for usagi to stand out (in the story). If there was enough space regarding the number of episodes, I wanted to write the episodes of the interactions between each other in their past lives. But I tried to do what I could to flesh out (this concept) here and there so please look forward to it in future acts. By the way, the Shitennou were named after minerals and gemstones, which have their meanings just like flower languages. Each type of gemstone has many symbolisms attached to them, some are referenced in the portrayals of the Shitennou in their past lives. I would be happy if people would notice.

Isn't that a lot to get in? I'm guessing if this is true then the Dark Kingdom arc will be 13 eps and same for Black Moon arc.
All T All Shade!
BootyliciousJosh

Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Thread [Black Moon Arc Confirmed?]

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 29 Aug 2014, 04:12

^ It is a lot, but they've been doing a great job thus far (imo). I had a feeling they might do this. Hence "Crystal" in the title...the only significance of the Silver Crystal are when they are trying to find it and when they actually NEED it in order to save the future Crystal Tokyo.
Gregory.B.

Postby Gregory.B. » 30 Aug 2014, 21:51

I wonder if they'll make another season if they will do the same like "S & SuperS" together. god I hope not, I've been dying to see the manga of SuperS come to life and do Stars right too.
All T All Shade!
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 01 Sep 2014, 01:43

Gregory.B. wrote:I wonder if they'll make another season if they will do the same like "S & SuperS" together. god I hope not, I've been dying to see the manga of SuperS come to life and do Stars right too.

I think SuperS and Stars could be combined like the Dark Kingdom and Black Moon arcs. They mesh well together anyways. The Infinity arc (S) will probably be it's own season since it's the longest arc in the manga.
Gregory.B.

Postby Gregory.B. » 03 Sep 2014, 01:43

BootyliciousJosh wrote:
Gregory.B. wrote:I wonder if they'll make another season if they will do the same like "S & SuperS" together. god I hope not, I've been dying to see the manga of SuperS come to life and do Stars right too.

I think SuperS and Stars could be combined like the Dark Kingdom and Black Moon arcs. They mesh well together anyways. The Infinity arc (S) will probably be it's own season since it's the longest arc in the manga.

I like S arc but I LOVE Stars and have always believed they could do a full season on that one, Plus it always bugged me the outers with written out of the Anime of SuperS. Like WTF has any reason ever been give for that?
All T All Shade!
Gregory.B.

Postby Gregory.B. » 03 Sep 2014, 02:08

a Preview of the Blu-ray :inlove: :love: :inlove: :love:

Sailor Moon Crystal will be released in 13 two-episode volumes shipping monthly, with the limited editions starting in October and the standard DVD and Blu-ray starting in November. In addition to special packaging and booklets, the limited editions include special strap charms, and a complete set is housed in a music box that plays “Moon Pride,” arranged by Akiko Kosaka. Jacket art for the first has now been revealed.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/09/02-1/sailor-moon-crystal-limited-edition-blu-ray-previewed
All T All Shade!
Gregory.B.

Postby Gregory.B. » 03 Sep 2014, 02:10

Gregory.B. wrote:a Preview of the Blu-ray :inlove: :love: :inlove: :love:

Sailor Moon Crystal will be released in 13 two-episode volumes shipping monthly, with the limited editions starting in October and the standard DVD and Blu-ray starting in November. In addition to special packaging and booklets, the limited editions include special strap charms, and a complete set is housed in a music box that plays “Moon Pride,” arranged by Akiko Kosaka. Jacket art for the first has now been revealed.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/09/02-1/sailor-moon-crystal-limited-edition-blu-ray-previewed

I also feel like this confirms the idea of the 2 arms being 13 eps each. But who knows.
All T All Shade!
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 03 Sep 2014, 04:25

That dvd cover is so beautiful! I nearly lost my shit when I saw it, ha.
Gregory.B.

Postby Gregory.B. » 05 Sep 2014, 21:33

Dying to see a dubbed version of the new Sailor Moon? This Hulu and Neon Alley event has you covered!

For the past few months, we’ve been enjoying Viz Media’s re-release of Sailor Moon with its shiny new subtitles and the occasional sneak peek at the sub via brief clips released by Viz. But now, fans will finally get a chance to see full episodes of the brand spankin’ new Sailor Moon dub, starting this very Friday with a special “Moonlight Party: A Celebration of Sailor Moon reborn!”

Episodes 1-4 of the dub will premiere on both Hulu and Neon Alley at 8:00 pm (PST) this Friday, September 5th. Viewers can simultaneously watch the episodes on Hulu and join the Viz Media staff on its YouTube channel for an otaku-tastic evening of live commentary and inside info from the company headquarters in San Francisco.

Fans may submit their Sailor Moon questions via YouTube in the comments sections of the livestream, on the official VIZ Media Facebook page, or on Twitter by using the special hashtag #MoonlightParty for a real-time Q&A with VIZ Media staff that will run throughout the event. In addition, a trivia contest also will take place, with special prizes available for those who can prove their moonie cred.

Sailor Moon fans nationwide are also encouraged to share pictures from their own Moonlight Parties by using the hashtag #MoonlightParty on their favorite social media platforms.

And if all this didn’t already seem an embarrassment of riches, check out Viz’s schedule for this upcoming week:

FRIDAY, 9/5/14 – 8:00 pm PST: Sailor Moon Dub, Episodes 1-4

SATURDAY, 9/6/14 – 3:00 am PST: Sailor Moon Crystal Sub, Episode 5, featuring the debut of the shockingly awesome Sailor Jupiter!

SUNDAY, 9/7/14 – 12:00 am PST: Sailor Moon dub, Episodes 5-23

MONDAY, 9/8/14 – 12:00 am PST: Sailor Moon sub, Episodes 35-36, feauting the fully assembled Sailor Team as well as the revelation of the Moon Princess.

I think it’s safe to say that anyone with a case of the September blues will have plenty to take their mind off it. Now, if you’ll all excuse me, I gotta go stock up on Pop Secret and Dr. Pepper and warn my roommates not to even attempt to speak to me between Friday afternoon and…next Friday afternoon.

Volume 1 of the Sailor Moon re-release, featuring both the sub and dub versions of Episodes 1-23 are scheduled for release on Blu-Ray and DVD on November 11th, 2014, and is currently available for pre-order.

All T All Shade!
Gregory.B.

Postby Gregory.B. » 06 Sep 2014, 01:18

Does anyone know how well SMC is doing?

Like is it doing well enough to have a second season? Or as that never the plan?
All T All Shade!
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 09 Sep 2014, 00:37

^ I'm pretty sure they'll do another.

The new episode was pretty cool! Mako-chan's voice matches her to a t! Her transformation was amazing.

And new figures are coming out!!
http://www.sailormooncollectibles.com/2 ... nd-studio/
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 09 Sep 2014, 10:35

Loved Sailor Jupiter's intro episode!
Her transformation was my favorite of the 4 so far!

I finally got my Jupiter figureart on Friday, so now I have the core 5. Every time I look over at them I'm just like :inlove:

and now new figures?! I'm going to be so poor!

And now the first 23 episodes of the new dub are up online, I may not wait for the Blu Ray and just watch them now and see how it is with the new voices
http://www.viz.com/anime/streaming/sailor-moon
Gregory.B.

Postby Gregory.B. » 12 Sep 2014, 01:13

More Sailor Moon Lingerie Than You Can Shake a Moon Stick At

http://kotaku.com/more-sailor-moon-lingerie-than-you-can-shake-a-moon-sti-1632867230
All T All Shade!
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 12 Sep 2014, 14:40

Gregory.B. wrote:More Sailor Moon Lingerie Than You Can Shake a Moon Stick At

http://kotaku.com/more-sailor-moon-lingerie-than-you-can-shake-a-moon-sti-1632867230

That's a little...special, but god know some are turned on by this. I've seen some Sailor Moon episodes that where not official and not PG13...
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 15 Sep 2014, 16:19

FiaSpice wrote:
Gregory.B. wrote:More Sailor Moon Lingerie Than You Can Shake a Moon Stick At

That's a little...special, but god know some are turned on by this. I've seen some Sailor Moon episodes that where not official and not PG13...

I am very much! :D
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 20 Sep 2014, 18:44

Just saw the new episode, LOVED IT! I was pretty stoked that they made slight changes to the opening too (different animation and finally made Queen Serenity's hair SILVER). And Sailor V made an appearance!!! Crystal is definitely stepping up. Imo, it's better than the original? And how bad ass was the Moon Healing Escalation! I have a feeling Zoisite might
Spoiler: show
remember his past on the prince's kingdom since he got hit by the moon healing.

And the newish attacks the senshi had were great! Mercury finally doesn't have some low rate attacks.

Charmingspice5

Postby Charmingspice5 » 20 Sep 2014, 21:51

I just finished watching the latest episode, it was so good!

I love that the Sailor Guardians are more evenly matched with the Four Kings of the Dark Kingdom,
than in the original anime where they weren't as evenly matched.

Loved Mercury, Mars & Jupiter's new attacks and especially that Mercury was the one to deal
Zoisite some damage which she never did early on in the original anime.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Indospice

Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Thread [Official Trailer Added]

Postby Indospice » 22 Sep 2014, 17:43

BootyliciousJosh wrote:SMC is now added on Hulu.com (http://www.hulu.com/sailor-moon-crystal). A subtitled version of the trailer is out. Had NO clue Luna is the one talking during the intro!

I'm sorry, where can I watch this new Sailor Moon Crystal? I can't open it on Hulu because I'm not in the US.

Thanks before :lovers:
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 06 Oct 2014, 00:37

^ Try Crunchyroll.com

This week's episode was so good! The animation was a bit wonky though. But as long as they continue to fix it for the blu rays then I'm all good (I'm good either way lol). As the show goes on, the more better it gets. I honestly think it's way better than the original. No waiting 26 episodes in to get all 5 soldiers.

And getting to see Sailor V use her attack at the end was :inlove: And c'mon, how fricking dramatic was her entrance!?

Preview for the next episode:
Charmingspice5

Postby Charmingspice5 » 06 Oct 2014, 03:46

I really enjoyed this episode too, I love how faithful to the manga it is.
Really loved Venus at the end and cannot wait for the next episode.
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 06 Oct 2014, 15:40

Can't wait to see that one. I watched episode 6 last night, I didn'Mt nottice there was #7. My internet was slow anyway, it did freeze a few time on Crunchy roll. I really love this version. I can't compare much since I never saw the episode in full order (damned YTV) and didn't see the begening with the sailor awakened.
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
Gregory.B.

Postby Gregory.B. » 20 Oct 2014, 01:26

Eps 8 was great! Weird to think this story arc will be over in 5 eps.
All T All Shade!
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 21 Oct 2014, 05:17

Gregory.B. wrote:Eps 8 was great! Weird to think this story arc will be over in 5 eps.

Right!

And the cover art for volume 2 of the blu ray has been revealed :inlove:
Charmingspice5

Postby Charmingspice5 » 02 Nov 2014, 11:25

That picture is amazing!

I really loved this episode too, I teared up at a few parts. Can't wait for the next one!
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 05 Nov 2014, 01:01

The last episode was AMAZING :love:

Return to “Small Talk”