Scream: the TV Series

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Scream: the TV Series

Postby Fenrik » 25 Apr 2013, 23:24

At its upfront today, MTV is announcing a pilot order to a series adaptation of the hit horror film franchise Scream.

MTV is working on Scream with the films’ producer, the Weinsteins’ Dimension Films and former top MTV execs Tony DiSanto and Liz Gateley’s DiGa Vision, which is behind MTV’s Teen Wolf and new reality series Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life. The project originally landed at MTV almost a year ago, brought in by previous MTV programming head David Janollari. The pilot green light is suprising, given the fact that there is no specific concept or a writer for the adaptation yet. The network recently met with a number of potential writers but didn’t settle on an idea. Still, MTV has big plans for the project, announcing that the potential series already has been slated for a summer 2014 debut.

Dimension is in discussions with the films’ original director Wes Craven to direct the pilot.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/mtv-ann ... w-renewal/

Hm....I both LOVE and HATE this idea at the same time! Could be good but it could also fail SO SO bad! :confused:
I`d much rather have Scream 5 though :p
Last edited by Fenrik on 03 Sep 2015, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Re: MTV announces Scream pilot!

Postby Charmingspice5 » 26 Apr 2013, 12:11

Ehhh I was never really up for this idea and I LOVE Scream! The first one is my favorite movie, I would so rather have a Scream 5. I can see that doing better than this potential tv series
Madrigal
Custom Title: Sheerio

Postby Madrigal » 26 Apr 2013, 19:32

Not sure how I feel about this. :/
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 29 Apr 2013, 15:08

So would the tv series be the movies starting again?
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 28 Aug 2015, 01:28

So... Anybody watching besides me?

Season 1 is almost finished, one episode left. I'm surprised at how it doesn't suck as much as I expected and my expectations were really low. I love the music they use on the show, the cast is awful though, but I like it being so dramatic and at times even more horrifying than the original movies.

Spoiler: show
I think there are two killers. But can't really put my finger on who it could be...
Stas

Postby Stas » 28 Aug 2015, 01:30

By the way the show is also renewed for season 2 even though the ratings have been dropping harder than Justin Bieber's testicles.
Agent_Spice
Custom Title: Escrow Spice

Postby Agent_Spice » 28 Aug 2015, 02:26

Stas wrote:So... Anybody watching besides me?

Season 1 is almost finished, one episode left. I'm surprised at how it doesn't suck as much as I expected and my expectations were really low. I love the music they use on the show, the cast is awful though, but I like it being so dramatic and at times even more horrifying than the original movies.

I think there are two killers. But can't really put my finger on who it could be...

I'm watching. I was hooked on the pilot but my interest has been diminishing following each episode. This past episode brought it back up there and depending on how the finale is, I'll most likely tune in next season.

I completely agree with your theory - I don't know for sure, but my guess is that...

Piper (the True Crime Podcaster) is the daughter of Brandon James and Emma's mother and her accomplice is Noah (the virgin).
Stas

Postby Stas » 28 Aug 2015, 03:08

But why would her own mother do something like that?! That is just sick....
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 28 Aug 2015, 17:24

Stas wrote:
But why would her own mother do something like that?! That is just sick....

Well, Sidney`s own boyfriend, brother and cousin were all killers in the movies!

Scream world is supposed to be sick :p
Stas

Postby Stas » 28 Aug 2015, 18:06

Fenrik, what do you think of the show?
Charmingspice5

Postby Charmingspice5 » 28 Aug 2015, 18:12

I've been watching the show since it premiered as well! I've enjoyed it a lot and really wasn't expecting to because the movies are some of my favorites especially the first I was scared this would ruin the franchise, but to my surprise I've quite enjoyed the show.

Agent_Spice wrote:I completely agree with your theory - I don't know for sure, but my guess is that...

Piper (the True Crime Podcaster) is the daughter of Brandon James and Emma's mother and her accomplice is Noah (the virgin).

I agree that there are two killers completely and I also think that the main killer is Piper, but the accomplice I can't exactly guess. But at the moment I'm torn between Noah or Audrey. I think the accomplice is the one who will be unmasked next week and the main killer will take us through season 2. I doubt they'll reveal both next week. Queen Brooke better survive the finale, she is everything. I really didn't expect her to make it this far, but now that she has I want her to make it to the end, she's my favorite character. The 'Tatum' :love: of the show.
Stas

Postby Stas » 28 Aug 2015, 18:28

Yeah, I love Brooke too! Some people suggest that she's the killer. lol
Charmingspice5

Postby Charmingspice5 » 28 Aug 2015, 18:30

Stas wrote:
Yeah, I love Brooke too! Some people suggest that she's the killer. lol

I actually would prefer her to be one of the killers rather then her being one of the final victims tbh if her character does die LOL
Stas

Postby Stas » 29 Aug 2015, 04:18

Can't believe we have to wait for season 2 for the whole year. Ugh. They better not cancel it if the story doesn't come full circle. And the rumors are that it's going to leave us wondering about a lot of things.

More and more people predict it's Piper and Audrey. Well, we'll find out soon. :dee:
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 29 Aug 2015, 14:17

Stas wrote:Fenrik, what do you think of the show?

I actually quite like it. Not as much as the movies of course. I still think they should have used the original mask.
And some of the cast could have been better. But it`s better than I thought it would be ;)
Stas

Postby Stas » 31 Aug 2015, 05:40

Wes Craven passed away last night. I didn't know he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. RIP. If there's another Scream sequel, it's not going to be the same, that's for sure....

Hopefully they won't cancel the Scream TV series, if his death could affect it somehow....
ForeverSpiceBoy
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 31 Aug 2015, 15:01

Hope they don't cancel the show now that Wes died, but of course it won't be the same without him :(

I agree that ...
Piper is one of the killers, and from the first episodes I thought that Kieran was the other killer, and still thought so until episode 9 where they are making him look guilty and it would be too obvious.
I don't think Seth has anything to do, the killer might have released him to make him look guilty.
Agent_Spice
Custom Title: Escrow Spice

Postby Agent_Spice » 02 Sep 2015, 05:29

The season finale just aired and they announced Season 2 in 2016. They also honored Wes before airing the episode and thanked him for the Screams.

I was half right - at least about Piper being the daughter of Brandon James and Emma's mother. I don't understand why Piper said she had one more surprise for Emma that she never saw coming. I think she was going to reveal that Audrey was her co-conspirator. But then Audrey shot Piper but as Audrey was working with Piper, why do that? Did Piper reach out to her because she knew Emma had dropped Audrey as a friend and if that's the case, why kill Audrey's girlfriend? I initially suspected Audrey when her girlfriend was murdered as it was Audrey's voice on the phone. When Audrey survived being stabbed, I knew she was the accomplice. I still think having Noah as the accomplice would have been a bigger surprise but at least they set up something that will definitely have me coming back for Season 2.
Stas

Postby Stas » 02 Sep 2015, 12:45

I really don't know what to think about Audrey. The ending confused me. She had a picture of Brandon under hers and Rachel's?! Why? She had some evidence and letters that she burned later?! I don't get it. Why not just kill Emma and her mother as well?! It doesn't make any sense. But she does look like a psycho killer though.

I guess she/they killed Rachel because she found out the truth about what Audrey and Piper have been up to.

They didn't find Piper's body. But she can't be alive if she was shot in the head unless it was all planned and it was just "fail shot". :p

I'm glad Brooke made it. She's my favorite.
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 03 Sep 2015, 01:05

I'm going to say it:

I PREFERRED THE TV SHOW TO THE MOVIES. Yes, I really did! I didn't start getting really into it until the 4th episode more or less, but I have been loving it more and more with every episode.

Glad to know I was right about Piper being Brandon's daughter and the killer! The end with Audrey confused the fuck out of me though.
Charmingspice5

Postby Charmingspice5 » 03 Sep 2015, 14:32

I thought the finale was the best episode of the series. I knew Piper was one of the killers so I wasn't shocked by that because it made sense. Audrey being the accomplice/helper and that being revealed to us surprised me because I didn't expect we would find that out this season. I think the reason she shot Piper was because Piper saw Audrey on the dock & was about to reveal their partnership to Emma as one final emotional blow "I have one more surprise for you before I open you up & you'll never see it coming." but she didn't expect a double cross from Audrey.

I'm thinking one of two scenarios either 1) Audrey was contacted by Piper to steal the Brandon James mask and police notes which would've made her an accessory before the fact & when the murders started she couldn't do anything about it, without turning herself in either. But she never participated in the killings and Piper had another partner acting as the second killer. Who is the question, if she did my guess would be Kieran or Jake.

Or 2) Audrey was initially down for the murders in the beginning of the show because she was angry for the video and being bullied and she wasn't friends with Emma at the time, but as the series progressed & she grew closer to Emma I think she started having a change of heart, probably even further motivated by her bonding with Brooke as well this last episode, I think Emma & Brooke redeemed themselves in her eyes so she didn't want to continue the murders. I wonder if maybe she is in love with Emma and that is why she decided to save her at the end.

I don't think Audrey will be the killer/one of the killers anymore (if she was one this season) going into Season 2 but I think we will find out why and to what degree was she helping Piper and maybe she will try and protect her friends before dying herself, I want to see everyone's reaction when they find out she was the one helping Piper. I think whoever is the killer next season will be aware of Audrey's involvement with Piper and gradually flesh that out to the others maybe? Curious to see how this goes.

Have to say I'm so relieved Queen Brooke survived the finale I was so nervous for her and thought she was a goner. Hope she makes it to the end of the show.
Stas

Re: Scream: the TV Series

Postby Stas » 05 Sep 2015, 01:35

I can't wait we have to wait for the whole year to find out more. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
ForeverSpiceBoy
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 15 Sep 2015, 17:07

As most of you, I also suspected about Piper, can't believe it was very obvious.
About Audrey, I don't think she's the other killer, it would be too obvious and wouldn't make sense to know it before season 2. She might have had contact with Piper and maybe that's why Piper killer Audrey's girlfriend, but don't think it was her.
Stas

Postby Stas » 16 Sep 2015, 01:18

What did you think of the soundtrack? I discovered some good acts such as MS MR and Fleurie. :love:
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 12 Oct 2015, 01:43

I'm so eager for season 2!! The finale was great!

Return to “Small Talk”