Who wants to be a moderator?

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Re: Who wants to be a moderator?

Postby Stas » 30 Jan 2017, 01:42

JimmyLo wrote:
Stas wrote:I am totally fine with FiaSpice or JimmyLo, but please not the other drama queens. They will destroy forums by banning everyone who has a negative opinion about anything/anyone they like. :death: They all seem to prove desperately that if you are over 30, you need to be wiser and more down to earth, but all they seem to do is act like drama queens and trying to prove that they are right at whatever they do.

Well I'm totally flattered. Originally I didn't think I could run because of my work, but on second consideration I do think it's something I could do if there was a team to help keep things going in the summer months (I'm a summer camp director, which is full time and then some through the summer months). The rest of the year I make my own schedule and can be available daily.

If members of the community would like me as a mod then I feel that owe them at least to try. I would absolutely love to work with Fia, so so soooo happy she's considering a return to the job!

I am seriously fine with anyone who doesn't take things too personally and doesn't cause any drama. I really love these forums, I love to discuss things and anything SG related, but why has it turned into such a vile place recently?! There were a few racists and trolls before but all the recent activity just tops all of it. Neutral mods is the best option to give these boards a new life.
~niki~

Postby ~niki~ » 30 Jan 2017, 02:49

I don't post very often, but I'm on the forum every day. I think I'd like to have a go at moderating, if you're still looking.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 30 Jan 2017, 06:05

I'd be open to the idea of being a mod again.
JimmyLo

Postby JimmyLo » 30 Jan 2017, 09:47

BootyliciousJosh wrote:I'd be open to the idea of being a mod again.

Yes! You were also a fantastic mod!
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 31 Jan 2017, 00:49

Thanks to everyone that had nice words for me.

This forum needs people who are not into drama and are not in it just to ban people they don't like. I see some interesting nominations.
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 31 Jan 2017, 06:27

FiaSpice wrote:Thanks to everyone that had nice words for me.

This forum needs people who are not into drama and are not in it just to ban people they don't like. I see some interesting nominations.

Totally agreed.

You were a fantastic mod.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 31 Jan 2017, 10:49

While there was few bans, when I decided to take a hiatus from this place years ago, it was mainly due to the mods at the time ruling according to their own opinions. People were not allowed to have a debate that went against their opinion - mods would swoop in and tell people they didn't agree with they were out of place when no rules had been broken (even remotely).

From what I've seen Jay and Adam has been of the very few who manages to see thigs from an objective point of view (which became especially clear during the recent Spice-leaks) and treat people accordingly. Which is what this place needs.

In fact, I think Jay should be promoted to Admin.
Maurice
Custom Title: Dutch Music Freak

Postby Maurice » 31 Jan 2017, 20:07

I agree with what Andreas said about Jay :) .
I'm also up to be moderator.I'm a member for like 15 years, i see myself neutral and as moderator i would love to bring back the lovely open place this once was instead of the nasty posts we have seen for a while now. i'm also experienced as moderator on a other music forum.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 08 Feb 2017, 03:18

Thanks for the nice comments guys! I'm on the fence when it comes to continuing being a mod, just need to think carefully about it.

Is anyone else interested in putting themselves forward?
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 08 Feb 2017, 16:16

Does the forum really need a mod beyond someone who just deletes spam or multiple accounts?

Jimmylo would be awful the guy took issue with me because I don't like his remixes.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 08 Feb 2017, 20:02

^ alright Donald Trump calm down. He probably took issue with that because no doubt you were insulting rather than using constructive criticism, cited it as '(my) opinyun!!!!!!11!!!' and started getting personal.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 08 Feb 2017, 20:08

I have no idea who he is but if you put your 'work' on a forum expect it to be judged.

The forum is pretty dead any way and banning anyone would be stupid when it isn't exactly overrun with active members.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 08 Feb 2017, 20:10

There's a way to do it though. There's a difference between "I wasn't a fan of that, this is how you can improve" and "It's shit, you're shit, you're a terrible person, I know best about everything" like how you come across on here. Maybe you don't mean to come across as the second way but you do. Maybe no-one's ever said that to you. Maybe now you know, you'll actively try not to do that anymore.
JimmyLo

Postby JimmyLo » 08 Feb 2017, 20:19

Plus it was like a hundred years ago, and I've learned to not care what people think. Sammy is right, you put yourself out there you're gonna get judged.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 08 Feb 2017, 20:32

There's still better ways to 'judge' though.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 08 Feb 2017, 21:09

It's a real shame if you decide to leave, Jay, but you have done more than your share of the effort in this place and I completely understand you. Secretly I do hope you'll continue though, one of the best mods this place ever had!

I also think a new moderator, if it's in addition to Jay or a replacement, should not be chosen by popular vote but by Jay himself. Jay has proven more than once he's completely unbiased in the way he treats people and I trust him more to find a suitable person for the job than I trust popular vote.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 08 Feb 2017, 21:31

Pick me, Jay!
FiaSpice

Postby FiaSpice » 08 Feb 2017, 21:41

I'm not sold on the idea of a popular vote only. Maybe part voted & part picked by the modmins. I feel like we really need some fresh air soon. It often feels like every thread comes down to "dirty laundry washing" or bickering. No wonder why a lot of people have stopped visiting.
Samuel-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 09 Feb 2017, 05:37

Exactly. Thats why there aren't many active members. Cuz idiots on this forum have done exactly what they set out to do and driven people away. People still visit but don't post anymore cuz they're instantly told they're wrong, their opinion counts for nothing, they haven't been here long enough to have an opinion. If you say you like something then usually the same certain members come after you picking an argument. This place is vile lately. I'm not surprised people have stopped using it. It's such a shame though that after all these years people feel the need to just ruin it.
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 09 Feb 2017, 22:05

I remember when we had a moderator for each forum and I was in charge of the movies section. A lot of action in there... :laugh:

Anyway, ban everyone! :p
FiaSpice

Postby FiaSpice » 09 Feb 2017, 22:50

Narrator wrote:I remember when we had a moderator for each forum and I was in charge of the movies section. A lot of action in there... :laugh:

Anyway, ban everyone! :p

I only remember the special mods for the language forum. That was in the early years I guess, but again I was mainly in the SG, Melanie C or French forum back then.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 10 Feb 2017, 01:19

People don't post here anymore cus what is there to post about? Unless you are interested in fashion, a mel c album every 4 years or follow one of the girls religiously what is there to post about.

Most of us that do still post probably just do so out of habit.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 10 Feb 2017, 20:57

^ Or to put everyone down and tell them their opinion is wrong, in your case.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 11 Feb 2017, 01:08

Jamie wrote:^ Or to put everyone down and tell them their opinion is wrong, in your case.

Funny how all you have done is that same thing in this thread.
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 11 Feb 2017, 01:26

Well that escalated quickly.

Return to “Small Talk”