What is going on in Sugababes world? :(

Seven hours since you posted away, eleven coffees, Sugababes on play...
TheDoctor

What is going on in Sugababes world? :(

Postby TheDoctor » 04 Jan 2012, 21:27

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s101/dan ... it-up.html

In the link I think Heidi is trying to say that they're not breaking up but they're not releasing new music either..So what does this mean?! A hiatus? A break? Just what is going on ?! These girls must be the only group to not let their dwindling fanbase know about anything or keep them informed about stuff and it really annoys me! I love the Sugababes so I just want to know what is going on as they're becoming a waste of energy as they never seem to do anything or have any plans any more.

And Keisha's annoyed me too. 'My fans will know by the end of the year' about something she was working on. That was four days ago Keish :@

Nothing ever goes smoothly is Sugaworld!
icecream

Re: What is going on in Sugababes world? :(

Postby icecream » 04 Jan 2012, 22:00

It goes to show something is terribly wrong, and the label are just not interested in them. They are not busy? The label dont believe in their new project.....
Dom

Postby Dom » 04 Jan 2012, 22:22

What label? They're not signed.

I find it funny that only back in September they'd "nearly finished" the album, but now it looks like album 8 is non-existent.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 04 Jan 2012, 23:43

Hmm she does seem very cagey in that interview like she doesn't want to talk about the band at all. I hope she does really well on DOI and Amelle's solo project does well so they win back some fans for the hopefully eventual 8th album.
icecream

Postby icecream » 05 Jan 2012, 00:06

Dom wrote:What label? They're not signed.

I find it funny that only back in September they'd "nearly finished" the album, but now it looks like album 8 is non-existent.

Are you saying they are dropped by Sony?

Also maybe so, as i dont ever see Heidi going solo so thats why she doing this. I think the Brand name SUGABABES is the only thing Heidi can hold on to. Why dont she just hand it back to keisha, if 4.0 team had any sense then they would of hand the name back.
Dom

Postby Dom » 05 Jan 2012, 00:17

Technically, they haven't been dropped. Sony only signed them for one single, and that was Freedom.
ohmarkayam

Postby ohmarkayam » 05 Jan 2012, 00:37

Guys, this is the end...problems within the band destroy the band itself....
"blame" if u wanna call it like that...to Heidi, Amelle & Keisha
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 05 Jan 2012, 00:53

Bah! I was really hoping for at least one more album that H+A+J could give me.
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Postby mysterious » 05 Jan 2012, 07:05

I think they're gonna play it just like the Spice Girls in 2001, they'll just fade away. the tone of her voice, the facial expressions and the fact they're concentrating on solo things say it all.
Benji_V
Custom Title: Miss World

Postby Benji_V » 05 Jan 2012, 10:12

Dom wrote:Technically, they haven't been dropped. Sony only signed them for one single, and that was Freedom.

Where did you even get this? Sony signed them for a three album deal.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/ ... -sony.html

Also, quotes that go; "we haven't split up, we're just doing our own thing at the moment" reminds me of two other British girlbands that feature on DenDen prominently. Just saying.
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 05 Jan 2012, 10:27

I think she's saying that the Girls are fine and are not splitting up but are without a record label. So maybe they are hoping for another one to sign them up. They haven't given up. Most people in their situation would just split up. But looks like they hope for a miracle :shrug:
Dom

Postby Dom » 05 Jan 2012, 13:24

Benji_V wrote:
Dom wrote:Technically, they haven't been dropped. Sony only signed them for one single, and that was Freedom.

Also, quotes that go; "we haven't split up, we're just doing our own thing at the moment" reminds me of two other British girlbands that feature on DenDen prominently. Just saying.

There are some rumours going around that the fourth incarnation of the Sugababes may have been dropped by Sony. (The Prophet Blog) Mind you those rumours originally came from the Popjustice forum so who knows, right? Also, from what we heard (and a couple of people have confirmed this in the last twelve hours or so) they were only signed for one single, so rather than having been dropped it looks like RCA maybe just didn't pick up the option. It might all just be bollocks. Oh who fucking cares.

http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?opt ... Itemid=206

I'm more inclined to believe Peter than, er, Digital Spy.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 05 Jan 2012, 22:22

Keisha's just tweeted about being in the studio with two talented girls...so not Heidi and Amelle. LOL
Patrick
Custom Title: My name is Patrick

Postby Patrick » 06 Jan 2012, 00:09

They were not busy? You were recording an album and almost finished it, how could she not be busy. :dizzy:
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 06 Jan 2012, 04:40

As much as I would love an album from Heidi, Amelle and Jade; I would be equally happy to see them put out solo efforts and do their own thing (whatever makes em happy really) but I could see Heidi going the Emma route and being a television personality while Amelle and Jade may continue on with solo music?

One thing with the 1.0 reunion though - what about Keisha's solo stuff? I want that too!

Also - I don't want the 1.0 reunion to take away from another Siobhan solo album. lol - Can I just have it all please?!?!
Benji_V
Custom Title: Miss World

Postby Benji_V » 06 Jan 2012, 07:50

Dom wrote:
Benji_V wrote:

There are some rumours going around that the fourth incarnation of the Sugababes may have been dropped by Sony. (The Prophet Blog) Mind you those rumours originally came from the Popjustice forum so who knows, right? Also, from what we heard (and a couple of people have confirmed this in the last twelve hours or so) they were only signed for one single, so rather than having been dropped it looks like RCA maybe just didn't pick up the option. It might all just be bollocks. Oh who fucking cares.

http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?opt ... Itemid=206

I'm more inclined to believe Peter than, er, Digital Spy.

Fair enough, I just linked to the first news article I could find, it was pretty widely reported that they got a 3 album deal. I hadn't heard anything about a 1-single deal, but thanks for linking.
Veli

Postby Veli » 06 Jan 2012, 08:57

Stitch wrote:Keisha's just tweeted about being in the studio with two talented girls...so not Heidi and Amelle. LOL

:D

Just the thought of Keisha, Mutya and Siobhan in the same room makes me excited. It's like a reunion I never thought I'd see. So if I see a new music video of them together I'd probably just die :D
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 06 Jan 2012, 14:31

breezyspice wrote:As much as I would love an album from Heidi, Amelle and Jade; I would be equally happy to see them put out solo efforts and do their own thing (whatever makes em happy really) but I could see Heidi going the Emma route and being a television personality while Amelle and Jade may continue on with solo music?

I hope not I want more 4.0 as Jade never got her chance to shine as a Sugababe imo the re-recorded Sweet 7 and Freedom were awesome with her vocal contributions.

I want Sugababes and the originals back this year, I dont see why they cant both release new music especially if the originals will have a new name.
Dom

Postby Dom » 06 Jan 2012, 15:10

4.0 cannot exist now 1.0 have reformed, and I think they know that too, hence the "quite period" they're currently in. It would be second hand embarrassment all round.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 06 Jan 2012, 15:48

Think it may need to be accepted that Jade will most likely never get a chance to shine. The chances have been there for 3 years. It's not happening. 'Freedom' was the opposite of things happening.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 06 Jan 2012, 16:01

Freedom wasn't given the chance it deserved though, I can think of several things wrong with that entire single project and the music wasn't it.

Oh well it all remains to be seen, I dont believe 4.0 need to end just because 1.0 are back though but thats my opinion.
Dom

Postby Dom » 06 Jan 2012, 16:17

There were two things wrong with the Freedom "campaign":

1. It wasn't strong enough for a lead single.
2. The general public do not care for 4.0.

The fact that Freedom was the strongest track to come out of two projects worth of material is baffling. And I think that in itself proves these girls have been given enough chances.
Veli

Postby Veli » 06 Jan 2012, 16:47

I bet Heidi is thinking "Damn, I should have picked Keisha" now :devil:

If she did that, we'd have had Keisha, Heidi and Mutya and everyone would have been happy. And people wouldn't have minded the change cause it's a change for the better - most people loved 2.0 the most anyway.
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Postby mysterious » 06 Jan 2012, 18:00

^it wouldn't be like that, Jade was the chosen one to substitute Amelle.
Veli

Postby Veli » 06 Jan 2012, 19:16

^ But when no-one knew what's going on (we just heard that Amelle is supposed to be replaced), Mutya was up for it. So I'm thinking they'd have asked Mutya first and keep Jade as a back-up only :shrug:

Return to “Sugababes & Solo”