Behaviour on the forums - The roots of DenDen

Need help with the forums? Get it here!
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 24 Sep 2012, 01:28

I surely don`t WANT to get you.

Why don`t you "foe" the threads about artists you dislike instead?
Would save us a lot of drama, hate and anger.
Fenrik

Re: Behaviour on the forums - The roots of DenDen

Postby Fenrik » 24 Sep 2012, 01:29

Jamie wrote:He who has no sin may cast the first stone.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 24 Sep 2012, 01:30

Fenrik wrote:

Seriously. You two are complaining about me hating on people when you are both equally as guilty as I am. You can't act like you both have never said anything bad about people. You, Fenrik, even did it tonight regarding Adele.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 24 Sep 2012, 01:36

Jamie wrote:
Fenrik wrote:

Seriously. You two are complaining about me hating on people when you are both equally as guilty as I am. You can't act like you both have never said anything bad about people. You, Fenrik, even did it tonight regarding Adele.

I was only doing that to get a reaction. Since you`re obviously allowed to post shit like that then why shouldn`t I?
I haven`t even watched the video! :D

And yes, I do post a lot of shit about people I dislike. But not in their "official" threads. Come on, by doing that you`re showing that you have no respect for the one`s who like them. I used to be a "troll" earlier in the days, yes. I loved it! But you know what? I grew up. It`s just not funny anymore :shrug:
RainbowNerdette
Custom Title: Spice Cadet

Postby RainbowNerdette » 24 Sep 2012, 01:37

Guys, GUYS!!! I'm out of popcorn so cut it out until I get myself a new bucket.
. .
They say: "What don’t kill me will make me strong" and I’m not dead.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 24 Sep 2012, 01:42

Fenrik wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Fenrik wrote:

I was only doing that to get a reaction. Since you`re obviously allowed to post shit like that then why shouldn`t I?
I haven`t even watched the video! :D

And yes, I do post a lot of shit about people I dislike. But not in their "official" threads. Come on, by doing that you`re showing that you have no respect for the one`s who like them. I used to be a "troll" earlier in the days, yes. I loved it! But you know what? I grew up!

Doing something to get a reaction but you've grown up now? Doesn't sound like it ;)
Maybe I "haven't grown up" yet? How can you judge if you did the same thing? Maybe I saw you trolling back in the day and I was influenced. If you were allowed to post shit like that, then why shouldn't I?

See - things like this are unneeded. I don't want to be spending my time fighting over shit like this. I just wish people would see my posts and perhaps read it sarcastically or in the tone I intend them to be in? This is the problem with forums - the written word is easy to be misinterpreted. I've taken offence in the past over things that were jokes and people take offence to things that I post when they're not serious too.

I'm not gonna fight anymore. I apologise if I've offended anyone, but I'm not gonna change if noone else is going to change. I'll try not to have contrasting opinions anymore and I'll be a sheep from now on. Baa baa baa - that means sorry in sheep language.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 24 Sep 2012, 01:44

Thank you!

Glad we could come to an agreement :angel:
mats

Postby mats » 27 Sep 2012, 14:29

Jamie wrote: I just wish people would see my posts and perhaps read it sarcastically or in the tone I intend them to be in? This is the problem with forums - the written word is easy to be misinterpreted.

That's what smileys are made for.
Using them properly avoids a lot of misunderstandings in my opinion.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 27 Sep 2012, 18:26

mats wrote:
Jamie wrote: I just wish people would see my posts and perhaps read it sarcastically or in the tone I intend them to be in? This is the problem with forums - the written word is easy to be misinterpreted.

That's what smileys are made for.
Using them properly avoids a lot of misunderstandings in my opinion.

I even used smileys in a recent post and got slaughtered. I just can't win. Maybe I should just leave for good.
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 27 Sep 2012, 21:51

It's not your opinions, it's the way you say it and especially the frequency. The last thing people want in a fan forum/thread is someone who never has anything pleasant to say constantly raining on their parade. It's not a matter of being a sheep, it's a matter of having respect for others and knowing how to share your thoughts with other people in a community. A couple of days ago I commented negatively on a Mel C thread and, while some agreed and others disagreed, nobody jumped on my throat because it wasn't a negative for negative's sake comment. Can you honestly see no difference between that and what you do constantly on the Gaga/Cheryl threads? You're allowed to have an opinion but just have some common sense!
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 27 Sep 2012, 22:07

Even my negative comments like yours above get jumped on - so what do I do?
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 28 Sep 2012, 06:34

Fenrik wrote:
mats wrote:
Benji_V wrote:So if I don't post "Zomg she's so amazing!11" now, I'm not behaving in a way appropriate for the board? 

On the other hand What about trolls that post that kind of answer in every other thread then?
The fact they're 'positive' comment doesn't make it less annoying and borderline spam in my opinion.

We do have a troll that keeps crawling itself into the Cheryl thread :despise:

Instead of provoking him, would you please just add Jamie to your foe list so we don't have to keep seeing you and him bitching back and forth at each other? Your rivalry is getting really tiring. The same goes for anyone who has a problem with Jamie's posts.
RainbowNerdette
Custom Title: Spice Cadet

Postby RainbowNerdette » 28 Sep 2012, 09:38

Foe-ing is annoying because it also hides the posts you might want to read... And worse: you get to read the stink it kicked up, but the post that caused it is hidden, which is confusing.

Found that out when I foed LBV
. .
They say: "What don’t kill me will make me strong" and I’m not dead.
lance
Custom Title: Patsy Fucking Stone

Postby lance » 28 Sep 2012, 13:36

If it helps matters at all Jamie is my fave. Like officially. It's pretty much set in stone at this point.

No?

Soz. :( sadface
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 28 Sep 2012, 14:21

:)
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 28 Sep 2012, 18:40

RainbowNerdette wrote:Foe-ing is annoying because it also hides the posts you might want to read...

Considering Jamie doesn't post a word that Fenrik hasn't had a problem with in the last week, I don't think that should be a problem. Jamie could add Fenrik to his Foe list, but that wouldn't solve the problem.
Fenrik

Postby Fenrik » 28 Sep 2012, 18:42

Well, he`s eased down in the Cheryl thread so I`m all good...for now :p
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 30 Sep 2012, 20:37

The foe list is retarded. All it does is say that this post is hidden because this person is on your foe list blah blah. But you're thrown off because you don't know what you missed, and you automatically think about that person that you put on the list, anyway. So it's just stupid and pointless.

Return to “Support & Suggestions”