Who Hasn't Started Yet? And Why? Maybe We Can Help

Over 80 DenDeners from all over the world joined in to give Melanie C a gift. (Read only)
michellec

Re: Who Hasn't Started Yet? And Why? Maybe We Can Help

Postby michellec » 22 Mar 2008, 03:55

mine is going to be so plain and... uncreative?... compared to all of these great ones!
michellec

Postby michellec » 22 Mar 2008, 04:09

actually i do have a question... i am planning on using one of those paper punchers to punch out stars from colored paper and make the american flag out of blue stars (obviously) and red and white stars as the stripes. does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should use to best glue them all on? glue stick? glue gun? rubber cement? i'm not sure what the easiest or best looking way would be.
Beckah

Postby Beckah » 22 Mar 2008, 05:47

I'll admit I haven't started. But I've just been so busy with school and stuff! Thankfully I'm on spring break now, and I should be getting it done relatively soon!!
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 22 Mar 2008, 05:48

michellec wrote:actually i do have a question... i am planning on using one of those paper punchers to punch out stars from colored paper and make the american flag out of blue stars (obviously) and red and white stars as the stripes. does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should use to best glue them all on? glue stick? glue gun? rubber cement? i'm not sure what the easiest or best looking way would be.

glue stick doesn't stick much. Rubber cement, you have to put 2 coat to make sure it stays, it's a bit long with all those stars. Have you tought about the withe glue?
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
Snapple Spice

Postby Snapple Spice » 22 Mar 2008, 05:55

I havent started yet, been busy with school. Im hoping to do it tommorow.
~I Love Melanie C :)~
-SportySpice+
Custom Title: Little Lamb

Postby -SportySpice+ » 22 Mar 2008, 08:07

FiaSpice wrote:
michellec wrote:actually i do have a question... i am planning on using one of those paper punchers to punch out stars from colored paper and make the american flag out of blue stars (obviously) and red and white stars as the stripes. does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should use to best glue them all on? glue stick? glue gun? rubber cement? i'm not sure what the easiest or best looking way would be.

glue stick doesn't stick much. Rubber cement, you have to put 2 coat to make sure it stays, it's a bit long with all those stars. Have you tought about the withe glue?

use a glue gun!! it worked wonders for me
krtkkarphillmuk

Postby krtkkarphillmuk » 22 Mar 2008, 09:55

Glue guns are awesome for fabric work!!! Never used it on anything else really.... but if you don't have a glue gun, I think rubber cement would work just fine. (Paper to plastic).

Glue sticks work great with paper to paper (scrapbooking large pages etc.) but probably won't be strong enough for paper to plastic.

I used this industrial strength glue ("E6000" adhesive), dries clear and used for my glass to plastic bonding. It's waterproof, flexible, non-flammable and paintable! But the vapors are harmful and warn that the product has a chemical that is known to cause cancer... grrrrrrrreat the things I do for Melanie C.!!!! LOL but the industrial strength glue might be too much for what you wanna do :)

But should you ever want to look into industrial strength adhesives, I'd recommend the E6000 :)
Jessy
Custom Title: Emily

Postby Jessy » 22 Mar 2008, 10:41

i simply didnt find the time yet... and i also dont know what to do. but i didnt think of anything yet since i didnt find the time so far... if im gonna get stuck on ideas ill come back here ;)
Michelle_
Previous username(s): Michelle_
PattyVNumber1Fan

Postby Michelle_ » 22 Mar 2008, 20:50

I'm about to start on the CD, I just need to go to the dollar store and get glitter glue or something :think:
I want to make it shiny or something, I know that much haha. I just don't know what else to put.. pictures of her from the concert I took, I guess, but that seems so uncreative compared to everyone elses :(
help me out, hahaha.
Judes

Postby Judes » 22 Mar 2008, 20:53

welllll your cd is supposed to have your flag on it. So that's a start...
No one has just done a plain old straight up flag on theirs yet! That IS an option. Pictures or her and stuff can be part of ur extras.?
Michelle_
PattyVNumber1Fan

Postby Michelle_ » 22 Mar 2008, 22:25

yeah, I think I'm just going to make a flag on it with glitter or something :think:
I'll think of something. it'll be finished this week though (:
if anyone has any ideas, hook a sister up haha.
Judes

Postby Judes » 22 Mar 2008, 22:26

^ wish i could! fact is I don't even know what I'M going to do! That can't be good. haha
Michelle_
PattyVNumber1Fan

Postby Michelle_ » 22 Mar 2008, 22:27

hahaha, all of this is easier said than done!!
xElizabethx
Custom Title: Elixabef

Postby xElizabethx » 24 Mar 2008, 01:18

I haven't started yet, but only because I'm in a foreign country and I don't know what stores to go and buy stuff in (and I don't have loads of time to wander around). Does anyone who lives in London (or is familiar with it) know a good store to buy artsy stuff at? I'm not looking for anything major, maybe just some stickers. I also don't know where to buy blank CDs (I'm guessing that Ryman's might have something like that?). Anybody know?
christa_spice

Postby christa_spice » 01 Apr 2008, 12:37

I am so glad I got a message today saying that it is only 2 weeks to go. I did not notice this subforum at all and already wondered when this whole project will start.

So... I did not start, because I did not know about it. I will do it today and send it out this week, so that it will get there in time.
Jessy
Custom Title: Emily

Postby Jessy » 01 Apr 2008, 13:46

haha christa, youre always so organized. youre honestly the last person id expect this to happen to :p
kimie
Custom Title: catching big fishes

Postby kimie » 01 Apr 2008, 16:25

christa_spice wrote:I am so glad I got a message today saying that it is only 2 weeks to go. I did not notice this subforum at all and already wondered when this whole project will start.

So... I did not start, because I did not know about it. I will do it today and send it out this week, so that it will get there in time.

i wonder how many people didn't know about the sub forum???
i'm glad you know about it now because Melanie will LOVE this gift :)
babyhanna
Custom Title: impossible.

Postby babyhanna » 02 Apr 2008, 01:25

ugh i still haven't even started, i just have no ideas for the cd.. yes, my flag i know, but i don't even have any material i could use for it. mhh, i'll try to get something done..
buster_munster

Postby buster_munster » 06 Apr 2008, 05:17

:S I just started again...
I was using tiny beads it worked well in my head but it became a glue gun mess ...
my obsessive perfectionist side is getting the best of me in this project and the deadlien is around the corner... mine will be sent using overnight delivery at this rate
Meanderingmind

Postby Meanderingmind » 13 Apr 2008, 23:24

christa_spice wrote:I am so glad I got a message today saying that it is only 2 weeks to go. I did not notice this subforum at all and already wondered when this whole project will start.

Ditto... I usually don't log in if just snooping around... I found an email about this yesterday, and I will finish it today. It's a wonderful project idea, so thanks to the Secret Agents for putting this all together. It will certainly be sent on Monday (the 14th) and I hope that I will still be able to participate (that it gets to you lot in time. Once I am done assembling (today) I will put in my official request for the mailing address. Everybodys' completed projects look awesome! This is going to be quite the book.

Aside: My CD is going to have both the Irish and Canadian flag. My wife is a fan, while I am the superfan. However, I think it will be nice to add another dot to the map at the back. :)
Besides, she convinced a promotor hanging posters to give her one, and then brought it to work with her. It's back was slathered in glue to stick to a wall, so she dilligently dried it in her office. So she has some 'compulsive fan' qualities!
Last edited by Meanderingmind on 28 Apr 2008, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
When the rabbit of chaos is pursued by the ferret of disorder through the fields of anarchy,
it is time to hang your pants on the line of darkness. Whether they are clean or not.
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 25 Apr 2008, 22:05

I simply can't do one. I'm so sorry everyone.

Return to “Here and Now - A gift from all around the world”