Eurovision 2007

Temporary forum to discuss this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow in great detail ;)
felx

Postby felx » 13 May 2007, 01:02

felx wrote:
Mouse wrote:There's something i don't understand...
We have the United Kingdom, who gave us The Beatles, and some of the biggest acts in the world, the biggest musical country in the world with the USA...
We have Ireland, a very musical country too, which gave us U2, the Cranberries (dare i say Westlife :devil: ), liked for its Celtic sounds...
Then we have France, i'm a bit biaised cos that's my own culture, but it seems to me that it's an important country for European music...

=> All three in the last places of this year's Eurovision :D What's wrong? Some will say political votes, and they will be right, the results were a joke, i could predict every time which country would get the 12-point vote...But i also think that the Western countries can't be bothered to try and win Eurovision nowadays...Scooch, for goodness sake :despise: if they wanted to go that low, at least they could have got the real thing, Steps!! The French entry was a joke too, but believe me there was much worse when they had the national vote :despise: Whilst the Eastern countried always seem to put more effort into the Eurovision...

That was my take on the results, dunno whether i'm right or not but i feel we've definitely lost the Eurovision, it will never come back to the West :D :D

And Londonangel, i didn't recognize Fearne until Terry Wogan said her name, how much has she changed! She looks just like Cat Deeley and the rest now...

It is the musicindustry!!!! Their music is owerrated!!! Eyerything is around England and west (or can I say money??!! ) :x But there are many great voices in other countries!!!!!
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
sophie11
Custom Title: Tanc14

Postby sophie11 » 13 May 2007, 01:04

Congrats to Serbia I guess. Haven't seen the full show, just a picture a few minutes ago. Is the singer a male or a female? :dizzy:

Ohh btw, how come countries like Holland and Belgium can still vote when they weren't there?
felx

Postby felx » 13 May 2007, 01:06

sophie11 wrote:Congrats to Serbia I guess. Haven't seen the full show, just a picture a few minutes ago. Is the singer a male or a female? :dizzy:

Ohh btw, how come countries like Holland and Belgium can still vote when they weren't there?

female :)
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
Whitewashed
Custom Title: Nothing to see here

Postby Whitewashed » 13 May 2007, 01:08

sophie11 wrote:Congrats to Serbia I guess. Haven't seen the full show, just a picture a few minutes ago. Is the singer a male or a female? :dizzy:

All participating countries can vote, regardless if they didn´t make through the semi-finals.
SpiceStas

Postby SpiceStas » 13 May 2007, 01:11

Congratulations Ukraine & Russia , but not Serbia (((
JayA

Postby JayA » 13 May 2007, 01:13

Where can i watch the voting part?
Come To Life.
yadee

Postby yadee » 13 May 2007, 01:46

Congrats to Serbia! :D (well..that wasn't my fave song.. but better than Ukraine.. :) )

My favourite was absolutely Belarus :$ (beside Finland of course :angel: ) and also I like Greece and Turkey.. but Uk was such a joke :dizzy:
Aaron

Postby Aaron » 13 May 2007, 01:51

I loved Finland and Belarus. :)
http://twitter.com/AaronCorbin - FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
back-to-basics

Postby back-to-basics » 13 May 2007, 02:25

I'm so disapointed for the Russia they was better than the others ! :'(
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 13 May 2007, 05:20

I haven't seen the performances, I was sleeping so I missed the whole show. But after seeing the results, I'm quite happy. Gotta check the performances out to be sure I'm right. I'm dying to hear if Russia was good live.
Somewhere

Postby Somewhere » 13 May 2007, 08:08

Have two semis that way with an western semi and an eastern semi we are guaranteed to have more than just the big 4 as the western representitives.

As for UK we need to change big time. I say either try and get some who has had a career in Europe maybe Lisa Scott Lee or Vula Malinga or get some writing done with european writers. Also ALL acts inteerested should be allowed to enter with a public webvote in Jan/Feb to decided which 5 go to Making Your Mind Up.

Also the Big Four need to form some form of voting block with each other.
My Head Is Spinning Circles, Think I Need A Rescue, I Don't Know Why I Feel Like Chillin With You, Take Me Back To Your House

Anastasia

Postby Anastasia » 13 May 2007, 09:19

I actually enjoyed this Eurovision more than any other! Usually it's like a contest of one song, but this time there were quite a few individual artists who brought a pretty good perfermance. There were some that was pretty boring and forgetable, but there was more decent stuff this year than before.

I pretty much agree with how everything went. As for the UK and Ireland being low... maybe if they try a bit harder next time, they'll be higher? The British band was awful. It was absolutely terrible imo. I thought the Irish girl wouldn't make it to the end of the song too. It's not just about neighbours voting for neighbours (even though partially it is - it's always been that way). Most songs that are in Top 10 deserve that top 10, and most songs that are not deserve it too.
london_2012

Postby london_2012 » 13 May 2007, 09:27

That was so..... :hunny: :x

The only country from the East who gave a DECENT vote to the West was Albania which gave 12 points to Spain and Malta(good on you) gave 12 points to the UK. The rest of the voting was for each other, so funny seeing former Youglslav countries voting for each other, knowing they hated each other for years and fought, or is the Serbs that live in Crotia/Bosnia that were voting for Serbia like mad!

UK was good but no-one voted for us, not even France or Germany, it is good to be left alone, anyway who needs Europe, we might as well just leave Eurovision.
london_2012

Postby london_2012 » 13 May 2007, 09:31

Anastasia wrote: As for the UK and Ireland being low... maybe if they try a bit harder next time, they'll be higher? The British band was awful. It was absolutely terrible imo.

Not really British people can choose Mel C to present Eurovison and people from Eurovison will still vote for each other and act as if Mel is unkown.

It has been like that since 2000! And it sucks!

But Serbia was a good song.
felx

Postby felx » 13 May 2007, 09:59

london_2012 wrote:That was so..... :hunny: :x

The only country from the East who gave a DECENT vote to the West was Albania which gave 12 points to Spain and Malta(good on you) gave 12 points to the UK. The rest of the voting was for each other, so funny seeing former Youglslav countries voting for each other, knowing they hated each other for years and fought, or is the Serbs that live in Crotia/Bosnia that were voting for Serbia like mad!

UK was good but no-one voted for us, not even France or Germany, it is good to be left alone, anyway who needs Europe, we might as well just leave Eurovision.

Well... Ireland gave a vote to UK (12) :x :x :x (noone for Serbia from UK :devil: ) I still LOVE Melanie C :) :lovers:
Last edited by felx on 13 May 2007, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
felx

Postby felx » 13 May 2007, 10:04

SpiceStas wrote:Congratulations Ukraine & Russia , but not Serbia (((

You are sooo bad !!!! :(

When Ruslana was the winner two years ago Serbia was 2. place!!!
And be honest the Ukraine act is shit!!!! :x
Alec

Postby Alec » 13 May 2007, 10:07

I'm a little disappointed Georgia didn't make it to Top 10, otherwise fine :) Serbia was really the best last night.
Tim

Postby Tim » 13 May 2007, 10:42

Totally hooked on Bulgaria..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ytzgtLW1A
Kawai
Custom Title: Girls Aloud Lover

Postby Kawai » 13 May 2007, 10:47

felx wrote:

Well... Ireland gave a vote to UK (12) :x :x :x (noone for Serbia from UK :devil: ) I still LOVE Melanie C :) :lovers:

Ireland only gave 7 points to UK. So when you don't know, you shut up :lovers:

And right for the ex-Youglosavia, Croatians gave 12 point to Serbia and still hate serbs, this is ridiculous. :D
tinde
Previous username(s): spookie

Postby tinde » 13 May 2007, 10:47

MJ wrote:The festival's turned shite, "the more neighbours, the more votes" theory seems to be getting worse each year.

Agree with you, it's not about the songs but voting for you neighbour country. I do think that Serbia was great, but the competition should be changed to Eastern European song contest or something..
Autumn leaves under frozen souls
Alec

Postby Alec » 13 May 2007, 10:47

Tim wrote:Totally hooked on Bulgaria..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ytzgtLW1A

I'm starting to like it as well.
london_2012

Postby london_2012 » 13 May 2007, 10:51

felx wrote:

Not really, they gave 7 to the UK, but not 12!! :x
Sandi

Postby Sandi » 13 May 2007, 11:06

Happy for Serbia!...by the way is the singer a lesbian? ... the only fucked up is that most of the countrys vote just for their neighbours, even though the songs suck!
felx

Postby felx » 13 May 2007, 11:11

Sandi wrote:Happy for Serbia!...by the way is the singer a lesbian? ... the only fucked up is that most of the countrys vote just for their neighbours, even though the songs suck!

Nobody knows!! She didnt come out yet! :hunny:
porto
Custom Title: joe

Postby porto » 13 May 2007, 11:14

Alex! wrote:I'm a little disappointed Georgia didn't make it to Top 10, otherwise fine :) Serbia was really the best last night.

EXACTLY SHE WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN MOST FROM THE TOP 10

SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT LEAST IN TOP 3

GEORGIA DEFINITELY WAS THE BEST AND THEIR 12 TH PLACE IS THE MOST UNFAIR I THINK

Return to “Eurovision 09”