Eurovision 2008

Temporary forum to discuss this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow in great detail ;)
Flutey
Mod
Custom Title: DDs Headnurse

Re: The Official Eurovision 2008 Topic

Postby Flutey » 25 May 2008, 22:01

I vote for Portugal... It was, in fact, my favourite song, followed by Ukraine, Norway, Iceland and Armenia
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 25 May 2008, 22:02

Kawai wrote:
*KIRILL* wrote:someone here is really jealous, everytime i see the same situation, how political this contest is, but don't forget not only Russian neighbours voted for Bilan, absolutely the same situation is with other europian countries, - every country supported their neighbours. And yes if someone say that we won cuz of our neighbours, so why we weren't #1 everytime - it's really ridiculous!

Russia will always be in the highest spots, you can't deny it. Because yes, all of the ex-USSR countries will vote for Russia. And it means a lot. But it doesn't really matter anyway, who cares about that contest today ?
As far as I'm concerned, Belgium never gives points to France, UK or something. So no, the "neighbours rule" isn't true at all.

France said a couple of years ago that it's their intention to send crappy candidates because they certainly don't want to do this contest the year after. It's a lot of work and money. Plus, it doesn't bring anything to France because nobody watches it.

I think the meaning of that contest is really different for each country. It seems important to Eastern countries (maybe they're proud to win something over the Western countries ?) but it's seen as a complete joke here. Especially because we actually can't win today.

What's the point of watching a competition if your team can't have a chance to win ?

But I hate jealous people, so good job Russia! Your song was bloody awful but I loved the guy, so I guess I'm happy :D

Always going to be high? Are you kidding me? Bilan saved us from flopping all over again in 2006, because in 2005 and 2004 we weren't even in top 10. Get your facts straight before talking bullshit. In 2003 there was t.A.T.u. And in 2002 - flop. 2001 - not even top 10. In 2000 Alsou became second and only God knows why.
Kawai
Custom Title: Girls Aloud Lover

Postby Kawai » 25 May 2008, 22:02

You really enjoyed the Portugal song ? I can't believe you, it was horrid ! The woman screaming was everything but pleasant lol.
Kawai

Postby Kawai » 25 May 2008, 22:03

Stas wrote:Always going to be high? Are you kidding me? Bilan saved us from flopping all over again in 2006, because in 2005 and 2004 we weren't even in top 10. Get your facts straight before talking bullshit. In 2003 there was t.A.T.u. And in 2002 - flop. 2001 - not even top 10. In 2000 Alsou became second and only God knows why.

The fact that you can actually take part in the competition every year is a victory lol.

And jee relax, we're talking about the Eurovision. I don't get why you're being so serious.

PS : Here are Russian positions :

Yes my dear, you are often high.

You've been top 10 seven times in 12 years. Considering there are 24 countries that take part in the competition, I think Russia really did a good job.
Last edited by Kawai on 25 May 2008, 22:22, edited 6 times in total.
Flutey
Mod
Custom Title: DDs Headnurse

Postby Flutey » 25 May 2008, 22:06

Kawai wrote:You really enjoyed the Portugal song ? I can't believe you, it was horrid ! The woman screaming was everything but pleasant lol.

That's because you obviously know nothing about the Portuguese Tradition in terms of music... Her song was inspired by Fado, a melancholic and sad kind of music. It was about losing her love in the sea, again a very common theme amongst the portuguese traditional music and literature. It is a song that reminds me and represents my country very well and made me very proud. Screaming? That was music! and it only proved that she is in fact, a great singer... She got every musical note right! Absolutelly perfect! :)
Tanya
Custom Title: ...Jensenated...

Postby Tanya » 25 May 2008, 22:07

Flute Player wrote:It's no surprise that Portugal gives 12 points to Ukraine (I think it's the third year in a row) LOL

Even if Ukrainian's song is not very good, we're sure that we'll get 12 points from Portugal. I love it. lol
Kawai

Postby Kawai » 25 May 2008, 22:10

Flute Player wrote:
Kawai wrote:You really enjoyed the Portugal song ? I can't believe you, it was horrid ! The woman screaming was everything but pleasant lol.

That's because you obviously know nothing about the Portuguese Tradition in terms of music... Her song was inspired by Fado, a melancholic and sad kind of music. It was about losing her love in the sea, again a very common theme amongst the portuguese traditional music and literature. It is a song that reminds me and represents my country very well and made me very proud. Screaming? That was music! and it only proved that she is in fact, a great singer... She got every musical note right! Absolutelly perfect! :)

Well...I didn't really enjoy it but glad you did, because it's your country after all :)
Tapsi

Postby Tapsi » 25 May 2008, 22:19

UK should split up to atleast 4 countries, so they can get 4 entries, just like Yugoslavia or smthn, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia & Montenegro etc.

,,not that it would help
BrandyLyrics

Postby BrandyLyrics » 26 May 2008, 00:18

Russia was pretty good.
Ringleader

Postby Ringleader » 26 May 2008, 00:59

Flute Player wrote:That's because you obviously know nothing about the Portuguese Tradition in terms of music... Her song was inspired by Fado, a melancholic and sad kind of music. It was about losing her love in the sea, again a very common theme amongst the portuguese traditional music and literature. It is a song that reminds me and represents my country very well and made me very proud. Screaming? That was music! and it only proved that she is in fact, a great singer... She got every musical note right! Absolutelly perfect! :)

Yup Yup!Agrees 100%
london_2012

Postby london_2012 » 26 May 2008, 01:14

Tapsi wrote:UK should split up to atleast 4 countries, so they can get 4 entries, just like Yugoslavia or smthn, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia & Montenegro etc.

,,not that it would help

Well they vote for each other, not because they love each other, but let's see how Crotia would vote, such as the Serbs that live in Croatia vote like mad for the Serbian entry and then Serbia ends up getting 12 points from Crotia, same happens in Bosnia. It is the Serbian community voting for them! Not the Crotians voting for them. :D You see how funny it is!

Same with Turkey, how you seen how Germany gives 12 points 2 Turkey? Not becasue the Germans vote for them, but the Turkish community vote like mad and so on!! :D :D

Same with UK giving high points to Greece. It is the Greek community voting for them. :D

So in-order for UK to win, we need British people living around Europe. :D :hunny:
Tapsi

Postby Tapsi » 26 May 2008, 02:42

london_2012 wrote:
Tapsi wrote:UK should split up to atleast 4 countries, so they can get 4 entries, just like Yugoslavia or smthn, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia & Montenegro etc.

,,not that it would help

Well they vote for each other, not because they love each other, but let's see how Crotia would vote, such as the Serbs that live in Croatia vote like mad for the Serbian entry and then Serbia ends up getting 12 points from Crotia, same happens in Bosnia. It is the Serbian community voting for them! Not the Crotians voting for them. :D You see how funny it is!

Same with Turkey, how you seen how Germany gives 12 points 2 Turkey? Not becasue the Germans vote for them, but the Turkish community vote like mad and so on!! :D :D

Same with UK giving high points to Greece. It is the Greek community voting for them. :D

So in-order for UK to win, we need British people living around Europe. :D :hunny:

Should start shiping criminals overseas, if no one volunteers. Like, an island, ship everyone on an island, an island that participates in ESC. Malta?
Vitalina
Custom Title: Yes I CAN

Postby Vitalina » 26 May 2008, 09:51

I actually enjoyed this show a lot!! my vote would go like this: Russia; Israel; Armenia; Norway; Ukraine, etc.
I don't know why everyone loved Greece, I don't think she has done anything that outstanding to deserve a high spot.
Lee

Postby Lee » 26 May 2008, 11:08

Russia was awful. I only watched the results but from the clips I liked Sweden, Greece and Ukraine.
Sarahfan
Previous username(s): SARAHFAN
Custom Title: Sexy As Hell

Postby Sarahfan » 26 May 2008, 14:31

I think that "Molitva" is the best song that Eurovision ever had...
Sarahfan
Previous username(s): SARAHFAN
Custom Title: Sexy As Hell

Postby Sarahfan » 26 May 2008, 15:00

vmellybc wrote:I´m speechless :( I expeced a better place than the 23rd :oops: how embarassing ... I know it was bad but was it so bad? I don´t get it...I don´t know why Germany should take part next year. We should quit it...the same goes for the UK lol..it´s a shame I liked this song aswell... :(
I think russia deserved it to win. It´s a great song...and armenia was my second favorite..

we should picked her instead of no angels... :devil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afyGZxAwGmQ

As long as your country has diva like Sarah Connor, you may be sure that Germany has the best music in Europe. :D
artziboi
Custom Title: Who owns the throne

Postby artziboi » 26 May 2008, 15:54

Sarahfan wrote:I think that "Molitva" is the best song that Eurovision ever had...

:rolleyes:

I Know that it's your home-country but..
Romka
Custom Title: SweClockers

Postby Romka » 26 May 2008, 18:12

I agree with Kirill, Russia deserves this. Blatj, vse uzhe zaebali sdes.
However, they had a meaning with that song. Which I guess most of you dont know.
Vitalina
Custom Title: Yes I CAN

Postby Vitalina » 26 May 2008, 18:20

Romka wrote:I agree with Kirill, Russia deserves this. Blatj, vse uzhe zaebali sdes.
However, they had a meaning with that song. Which I guess most of you dont know.

lol! foul language is not allowed here :D :D
it always happens like this, Romka! dunno worry! no matter who wins, there will be some people who would say: this and this was awful.
I don't claim that Russia was LOVED by everyone and everywhere, but we did get steady voting from all across europe, and saying that Bilan was awful is rather far fetching. he is a good entertainer and has a very nice voice.
and actually, getting 12s from estonia and latvia is pretty an achievement, if you ask me. the relationship between our countries if more than tense, if you know, so that was nice from our neighbours :)
LPmaniac

Postby LPmaniac » 26 May 2008, 18:28

artziboi87 wrote:
Sarahfan wrote:I think that "Molitva" is the best song that Eurovision ever had...

:rolleyes:

I Know that it's your home-country but..

LOOOOL :D ... nuff said!!!
Romka

Postby Romka » 26 May 2008, 18:33

Vitalina wrote:lol! foul language is not allowed here :D :D
it always happens like this, Romka! dunno worry! no matter who wins, there will be some people who would say: this and this was awful.
I don't claim that Russia was LOVED by everyone and everywhere, but we did get steady voting from all across europe, and saying that Bilan was awful is rather far fetching. he is a good entertainer and has a very nice voice.
and actually, getting 12s from estonia and latvia is pretty an achievement, if you ask me. the relationship between our countries if more than tense, if you know, so that was nice from our neighbours :)

Well, I know. But I couldnt stand all the comments. I think that people who hated the Russian contribution highly liked the Spanish one. This is a forum, stupid people are everywhere. Even if I dont like some other contibution, I show respect. But it looks like some people didnt learned that yet.
Kawai

Postby Kawai » 26 May 2008, 19:01

So because someone didn't like the Russian song, he is stupid ?
Romka

Postby Romka » 26 May 2008, 19:05

I said "hate" and "stupid". If you cant interlock those, I cant help you.
Kawai

Postby Kawai » 26 May 2008, 19:08

"However, they had a meaning with that song. Which I guess most of you dont know."
You blame people that they don't know the meaning of the song, but you don't even explain it.

"I think that people who hated the Russian contribution highly liked the Spanish one. This is a forum, stupid people are everywhere."
Excuse me but what you're saying is that people who liked the Spanish were stupid.

You're so full of yourself, seriously.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 26 May 2008, 19:16

Oh my, everyone has the right to like and dislike any of the songs from the Eurovision song contest.

Return to “Eurovision 09”