Eurovision 2014

Temporary forum to discuss this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Moscow in great detail ;)
User avatar
Mikerecords
Posts: 8801
Joined: 28 Jul 2007, 18:14
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): -Mike-
Custom Title: The 004
Country: Netherlands

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby Mikerecords » 10 May 2014, 00:30

The song from The Netherlands is sooo good and different from the others...
Image
THE sequel to GEM's "Song For Her..."
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeKNs7v1ONA
The 'Song For Me' release date is scheduled for May 16.
The single will be released on online channels including Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, Beatport and more.

http://www.instagram.com/the004official
User avatar
Unwritten10
Posts: 449
Joined: 26 Sep 2007, 01:09
Custom Title: On Your Radar
Location: New York, US

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby Unwritten10 » 10 May 2014, 01:11

I can't believe Austria and Poland went through while Ireland and Israel didn't. ughhh
Image
Kamcio
Posts: 216
Joined: 05 Aug 2012, 17:15
Gender: Male

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby Kamcio » 10 May 2014, 11:03

Polish entry is amazing, If you cant appreciate boobs then dont comment.
User avatar
Melbourne Clique
Posts: 1337
Joined: 02 Feb 2009, 16:37
Gender: Female
Custom Title: + ACE +
Country: Sweden
Location: 28 Francis Street

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby Melbourne Clique » 10 May 2014, 13:01

1. Sweden
2. Spain
3. Greece
4. Armenia
5. Ukraine

Australia had the best song though :D (even if she sounded nervous)
Image
User avatar
Joanhs
Posts: 6153
Joined: 06 Dec 2007, 18:42
Gender: Female
Country: Denmark

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby Joanhs » 10 May 2014, 14:19

Can't wait for tonight, just figuring out what I'm gonna eat.. I'm sitting alone on the couch watching, while my boyfriend wants to watch netflix instead in the bedroom.
Image
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 32899
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby Javi » 10 May 2014, 14:25

Unwritten10 wrote:I can't believe Austria and Poland went through while Ireland and Israel didn't. ughhh

Austria's song is fantastic, although it wouldn't be getting that much attention if it weren't for the "bearded woman".

I can't believe Spain could potentially win (although it won't) for the first time in like... forever. I'll be more than pleased with a Top5.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
User avatar
Joanhs
Posts: 6153
Joined: 06 Dec 2007, 18:42
Gender: Female
Country: Denmark

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby Joanhs » 10 May 2014, 20:39

Will ferrel is in the building.. He walked a small line of the "blue Carpet" but didn't want photos taken, and wasn't very polite to some fans.. People are kinda mad, he is acting like that just because he got a free ticket. I don't know why he is there anyway, besides his wife being swedish, so maybe she is there for a reason
Image
mohamedvbs
Posts: 2485
Joined: 11 Aug 2004, 23:26
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): mohamed
Custom Title: having Spice Mania
Country: Iraq
Location: Iraq
Contact:

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby mohamedvbs » 11 May 2014, 00:41

Austria entry has just won!
Image
*Rick*
Posts: 1415
Joined: 15 Jul 2004, 14:13
Gender: Male
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby *Rick* » 11 May 2014, 00:57

My top 3 honestly was
1. Spain (Very emotional... yeah she was shouting but I like the way she did :P )
2. Austria (Despite I don't think the song is that great I really enjoyed the performance)
3. The Netherlands (For sure the best production music wise but a bit boring in the end, no edges)

I'm happy anyway Conchita won
Image
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 32899
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby Javi » 11 May 2014, 01:24

Oh, at least we managed a Top10 (tied with #9) after last years' fiasco.

It's really sad how the UK flopped so badly. It deserved to be way higher.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
spicefreak
Posts: 10525
Joined: 05 Oct 2005, 17:23
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Enjoy the show
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Leeds

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby spicefreak » 11 May 2014, 01:45

I thought Austria's song was pure crap cannot believe it won!!

The Netherlands entry was fantastic, but not the right type of song for Eurovision, its actual a credible song lol.

I also liked Denmark thought they would do a lot better. Spain was ok too and UK's entry did a lot worse than I expected.
Image
User avatar
Toefje
Banned
Posts: 4623
Joined: 04 Jun 2011, 16:49
Gender: Male
Country: Antarctica
Location: Shanghai

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby Toefje » 11 May 2014, 03:40

So glad Netherlands didnt won. What a boring pile of shit. Go Austria. Breathtaking song
Image
User avatar
Joanhs
Posts: 6153
Joined: 06 Dec 2007, 18:42
Gender: Female
Country: Denmark

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby Joanhs » 11 May 2014, 11:13

Austrias song was a great message, but people mainly also voted because they wanted to make Wurst into a statement. Which is plain stupid, If he was a real she without the beard, she would have placed near Spain.. If he choose to be a man he would have been forgotten easily.
Image
User avatar
kittie
Posts: 2625
Joined: 17 Jul 2010, 13:49
Gender: Female

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby kittie » 11 May 2014, 11:40

^Probably but that is how the contest works - you need just something that keeps you in people's mind: either an amazing song or a great performance etc. And Austria had actually both - you can say what you want about her (him) but the voice is just amazing.

Also, Lordi would have never won without their outfits and Jedward would have never been that successful if it wasn't for the performance and their clothes, so we should not expect now, that the contest is totally serious etc.


About UK: the song is nice but you just need friends in Europe as well - not even the closest neighbour Ireland gave UK 12 points...Ouch.
spicefreak
Posts: 10525
Joined: 05 Oct 2005, 17:23
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Enjoy the show
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Leeds

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby spicefreak » 11 May 2014, 15:05

It's obvious that Austria only got 12 points from the UK because the jury gave them their full points... the public's opinion can be seen from the fact that The Common Linnets song is the only one in the iTunes top 10... :Dizzy:

I actually thought that this was the best year of Eurovision for quite some time, there were quite a few catchy melodic tracks:
The Netherlands
United Kingdom
Denmark
Russia
Spain
Slovenia

Normally its full of cheesy trashy crap :laugh:

I don't know how the hell Hungary charted so high they were horrendous! That song was possibly the worse song I have ever heard on Eurovision absolute utter shit :hmm:
Image
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 32899
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby Javi » 11 May 2014, 16:59

spicefreak wrote:It's obvious that Austria only got 12 points from the UK because the jury gave them their full points... the public's opinion can be seen from the fact that The Common Linnets song is the only one in the iTunes top 10... :Dizzy:

Actually Austria's entry was 3rd on both the UK televoting and Jury voting. But when the average was done, Austria was tied with Malta and got the 12 points because it was ranked higher by the public vote.

The Netherlands' song is Top10 on iTunes and Austria's is Top15. So it's not like the UK public hated the winner song and the Jury put it on the top.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
User avatar
kittie
Posts: 2625
Joined: 17 Jul 2010, 13:49
Gender: Female

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby kittie » 11 May 2014, 17:06

spicefreak wrote:I don't know how the hell Hungary charted so high they were horrendous! That song was possibly the worse song I have ever heard on Eurovision absolute utter shit :hmm:



Same for the song of Armenia...
spicefreak
Posts: 10525
Joined: 05 Oct 2005, 17:23
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Enjoy the show
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Leeds

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby spicefreak » 11 May 2014, 18:55

IER wrote:
spicefreak wrote:It's obvious that Austria only got 12 points from the UK because the jury gave them their full points... the public's opinion can be seen from the fact that The Common Linnets song is the only one in the iTunes top 10... :Dizzy:

Actually Austria's entry was 3rd on both the UK televoting and Jury voting. But when the average was done, Austria was tied with Malta and got the 12 points because it was ranked higher by the public vote.

The Netherlands' song is Top10 on iTunes and Austria's is Top15. So it's not like the UK public hated the winner song and the Jury put it on the top.



That's interesting, just Googled it. So we voted Netherlands in second place and Poland first :Dizzy:

The jury's are such a stupid thing to have it should be based purely on the public vote. I mean they put Netherlands at #7 and Poland at #25... they clearly don't have any idea of the public opinion which they are supposed to be representing.

The Netherlands song is actually top 5 at #4, 11 positions higher than Conchita...
Image
User avatar
wildhope
Posts: 4812
Joined: 03 Oct 2004, 18:57
Previous username(s): crashworld
Location: Real World

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby wildhope » 12 May 2014, 18:47

I thought this year's entries were pretty weak. I didn't follow the competition, only tried to watch clips of all performances for the final show on youtube.
And funnily enough, the only ones that left an impression were (not in any order):

(1) Belarus (With a cheesy song, I thought the vocals were impressive. Reminded me of Robin Thicke)
(2) Ukraine (Love this song to bits, thought it's a great follow-up to last year's entry)
(3) Hungary (The vocals were great, sounded like a typical song that an American R&B artist will do)
(4) San Marino (The vocals were definitely amazing, glad that she made it to the finals despite not doing for last year, which I thought it was a better song)
(5) France (Definitely one of the weakest in terms of vocals, but I love the fun and silliness of the song. French version of LMFAO)
(6) Denmark (Very good follow-up too, a happy love song. Reminded me abit like what Malta did last year. Sounded like a Bruno Mars/Pharrell song. Performance strikingly reminded me of Belarus's entry)
(7) Austria (though I am not sure if I am sure if this should be a winner, but the song itself sounded like a Bond movie theme song. The vocals were really good though)

Special Mentions:
(1) Sweden (Great entry, vocals were great, song is definitely good)
(2) Greece (The Rap artist is rubbish, but the performance definitely brought up the atmosphere)
(3) The Netherlands (The song sounded like what Lady Antebellum will do, good song)

And Emmelie de Forest's Only Teardrops/Rainmaker performance is total amazing. Love it when all the contestants join her on stage and the crowded chanting along the song at the end. And the postcards for each entry is definitely lush.
Image
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 32899
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Postby Javi » 12 May 2014, 19:00

spicefreak wrote:
IER wrote:
spicefreak wrote:It's obvious that Austria only got 12 points from the UK because the jury gave them their full points... the public's opinion can be seen from the fact that The Common Linnets song is the only one in the iTunes top 10... :Dizzy:

Actually Austria's entry was 3rd on both the UK televoting and Jury voting. But when the average was done, Austria was tied with Malta and got the 12 points because it was ranked higher by the public vote.

The Netherlands' song is Top10 on iTunes and Austria's is Top15. So it's not like the UK public hated the winner song and the Jury put it on the top.



That's interesting, just Googled it. So we voted Netherlands in second place and Poland first :Dizzy:

The jury's are such a stupid thing to have it should be based purely on the public vote. I mean they put Netherlands at #7 and Poland at #25... they clearly don't have any idea of the public opinion which they are supposed to be representing.

The Netherlands song is actually top 5 at #4, 11 positions higher than Conchita...


They included the Jurys vote to (try to) get rid of the Eastern countries dominating the top of the chart. Some countries vote for the songs they like (mainly the western countries, as UK, Ireland, France, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Germany and such don't vote among themselves anymore) but most of the East countries still vote among themselves mainly and then a few votes to a couple of big favorites songs.

Having a professional Jury makes that at least 50% of the vote goes to the songs they think are better, not to the songs of those countries that are closer.

If it hadn't been for the Jury's votes, Austria and the Netherlands would've been on top anyway, but the rest of the chart would've been real different. Spain for instance got to #9/10 (tied) thanks to the Jurys. If it had been for the public vote, we would've ended up out of the Top20 for sure... And the UK would've done even worse.

Anyway, what you say makes no sense when you see that he UK public voted for Poland as their winner, but that song is lower on iTunes than Netherlands and Austria. So your whole "the UK public wanted this song" theory just because of an iTunes chart doesn't work.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.

Return to “Eurovision 09”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest