Fave album by The Saturdays?

Pick up the board and post on it, spam up the place if you want it.

Select one

Chasing Lights
24%
Wordshaker
5%
Headlines
24%
On Your Radar
48%

Total votes: 21
schizophonic_spice

Fave album by The Saturdays?

Postby schizophonic_spice » 29 Feb 2012, 20:37

I listened to all their albums last night in order and enjoy them all, I still look on Wordshaker & Headlines as more or less the same era though.

My fave is currently "On Your Radar" its such a strong album that deserved more success.
TheDoctor

Re: Fave album by The Saturdays?

Postby TheDoctor » 29 Feb 2012, 21:10

Headlines for me! It's just pure pop - and that's why I love it. I like all the other albums, but Chasing Lights seems a bit underproduced in my opinion, On Your Radar they seemed to jump on any trend possible (Dance, Dubstep...) and I really enjoy Wordshaker despite the hate it gets but I just prefer Headlines! The original Headlines had an overall feel to it and was a cohevise piece of work as well, whereas Wordshaker and On Your Radar jump all over the place with their styles.
SpiceFan2008
Custom Title: I JUST WANNA DANCE

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 29 Feb 2012, 21:27

I've voted for On Your Radar, although, all the albums hold a place in my memories for different reasons.

Chasing Lights: Obviously the introduction to the band, and at first, I wasn't overly impressed by the album from what I can remember. It wasn't like the Tangled Up album which I literally played to death from the week of release and had it on my stereo for about 4 months solid. But over time, ut's got some right gems, like Fall, Work and If This Is Love. Also, If This Is Love reminds me of when I was on work experience at school, and I went to France during the promotion of the single, before it's release, and it was the soundtrack to my summer of that year.

Wordshaker: I remember buying this album on the day of release from my local Tesco's and putting it on in the car and just loving it. It's actually quite an underrated album Denial is one of my faves off the album and one of my all time favourites. Also, this was the time when I really, heavily started getting into the band, and just beginning to lover everything they do, and I buying all their releases etc. The only other time was Girls Aloud. I saw a copy of the album in my local HMV yesterday and was so happy, and told my brother how rare it is to see it in a shop.

Headlines!: This is when my 'obsession for the band grew to a new extreme. Currently, I have 6 copies of the album, and 3 copies of Higher, and this was the album that made me into a mega Sats fan. I was serisouly obsessed with the album, and playing it every day and not growing tired of it. Although a smaller album, the new songs are rather good indeed, back to the 'Chasing Lights' Saturdays. It was also the album that I saw The Saturdays tour for the first time, as I didn't go to the Work Tour, and seeing the songs performed live in Southend just made me love it even more. That weekend of seeing them was one of the best weekends of my life. The Headlines! Tour was the first tour that I follow religiously I went to see, and I nearly cried during the intro and Higher. Puppet and Higher stand out as amazing.

On Your Radar: My favourite Saturdays album. Maybe because it is the newest, but I feel that as a body of work, it's sensational. I have seriously played it every day since the day of the release. I have not got sick of the album yet. Get Ready, Get Set, Last Call, all 3 singles are the highlights, but all of the songs could be ranked the best Saturdays songs as well. I think because they spent over a year on it made it even more special. Here is where my obsession becuase increasingly crazed. I have 8 copies of the album, including 2 boxsets. I also went to the All Fired Up Live! Tour in Nottingham, and that seriously was THE BEST DAY of my life. I had VIP passes, so I got to meet my idols. They were so lovely and amazing, and I was front row, and seeing the album virtually played in front of me was amazing. When they came dwon from the lift, I couldn't believe it, and I didn't want the show to end. The album and the tour actually proved, just to me how much they raised their performances and they have put effort into the show and the album, and it definately didn't deserve the #23 position it achieved on release at all.

#Waffling, but I just wanted to show how much I love The Saturdays.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 29 Feb 2012, 21:29

SpiceFan2008 wrote:I've voted for On Your Radar, although, all the albums hold a place in my memories for different reasons.

Chasing Lights: Obviously the introduction to the band, and at first, I wasn't overly impressed by the album from what I can remember. It wasn't like the Tangled Up album which I literally played to death from the week of release and had it on my stereo for about 4 months solid. But over time, ut's got some right gems, like Fall, Work and If This Is Love. Also, If This Is Love reminds me of when I was on work experience at school, and I went to France during the promotion of the single, before it's release, and it was the soundtrack to my summer of that year.

Wordshaker: I remember buying this album on the day of release from my local Tesco's and putting it on in the car and just loving it. It's actually quite an underrated album Denial is one of my faves off the album and one of my all time favourites. Also, this was the time when I really, heavily started getting into the band, and just beginning to lover everything they do, and I buying all their releases etc. The only other time was Girls Aloud. I saw a copy of the album in my local HMV yesterday and was so happy, and told my brother how rare it is to see it in a shop.

Headlines!: This is when my 'obsession for the band grew to a new extreme. Currently, I have 6 copies of the album, and 3 copies of Higher, and this was the album that made me into a mega Sats fan. I was serisouly obsessed with the album, and playing it every day and not growing tired of it. Although a smaller album, the new songs are rather good indeed, back to the 'Chasing Lights' Saturdays. It was also the album that I saw The Saturdays tour for the first time, as I didn't go to the Work Tour, and seeing the songs performed live in Southend just made me love it even more. That weekend of seeing them was one of the best weekends of my life. The Headlines! Tour was the first tour that I follow religiously I went to see, and I nearly cried during the intro and Higher. Puppet and Higher stand out as amazing.

On Your Radar: My favourite Saturdays album. Maybe because it is the newest, but I feel that as a body of work, it's sensational. I have seriously played it every day since the day of the release. I have not got sick of the album yet. Get Ready, Get Set, Last Call, all 3 singles are the highlights, but all of the songs could be ranked the best Saturdays songs as well. I think because they spent over a year on it made it even more special. Here is where my obsession becuase increasingly crazed. I have 8 copies of the album, including 2 boxsets. I also went to the All Fired Up Live! Tour in Nottingham, and that seriously was THE BEST DAY of my life. I had VIP passes, so I got to meet my idols. They were so lovely and amazing, and I was front row, and seeing the album virtually played in front of me was amazing. When they came dwon from the lift, I couldn't believe it, and I didn't want the show to end. The album and the tour actually proved, just to me how much they raised their performances and they have put effort into the show and the album, and it definately didn't deserve the #23 position it achieved on release at all.

#Waffling, but I just wanted to show how much I love The Saturdays.

Good read haha

I love them all too
Brett
Custom Title: Fucking Love SGs

Postby Brett » 29 Feb 2012, 22:07

On Your Radar, hands down...
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Postby mysterious » 01 Mar 2012, 00:54

I blend Wordshaker with Headlines! so... Wordlines! for me :P
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 01 Mar 2012, 04:22

This is an extremely difficult choice for me to make as I love all of their albums but I also feel there are pros and cons to each of them.

Chasing Lights-I feel that this is one of the best debut albums I have heard in a long time from any artist, it is a really solid pop album and there are plenty of Pop Gems on it. I do think the best songs were released as singles and I feel some of the album tracks don't measure up as well next to the singles for me personally, but I still enjoy several of the album tracks (Set Me Off, Chasing Lights & Lies) still the singles off this album is what got me interested in the Saturdays in the first place. But I would still rate this as my least favorite album from the Saturdays.

Wordshaker-Now this I feel is definitely their most underrated album that they have out. When this album came out I played the hell out of it! Even though I know a lot of people weren't too fond of it Forever Is Over was my favorite Saturdays track at the time it was released. This album is what turned me from a casual listener into a fan of the group. This album for me was an improvement over ''Chasing Lights'' though it still had some moments that overtime I quickly grew tired of and hardly listen to now (No One, Open Up, Not Good Enough). But on the flip side the album was where one of the Best Pop songs (in my opinion) in recent years "Ego" came from and there are many highlights from this album for me besides the two singles (Here Standing, One Shot, Wordshaker, Denial, Lose Control & Deeper). So I would rank this above their debut album but below the other albums.

Headlines-Now this was the album that completely changed the ball game for me and how I viewed The Saturdays in general. This album turned the group into my favorite active music artist since it's release. The 5 new songs that we got on this album were all great though I'd rank "Died In Your Eyes" below the other 4 tracks. The other 4 new songs have been my most played songs on my Itunes and both my Ipods since I first listened to them and I have not gotten sick of any of the tracks. I also like that they included ''Forever Is Over" & "Ego" on it as for me those were both highlights of the previous album and they compliment the other songs as well. This album gave them one of their best singles "Higher" and my personal favorite Saturdays track "Puppet". The only con that I can see with "Headlines" is that it was an EP and not a full length new album, I think that if we had gotten a full new album with songs of the same quality as the ones we got it could've probably been their best album and my favorite, but I just rank it slighty under OYR.

On Your Radar-Now even though this album is still relatively new I have played it religiously since it came out. I think that it is a solid body of work and a very strong album. The 3 singles that we have gotten from this album were all amazing tracks, "Notorious" is still so addictive and I love that it was very different from anything the group had done before. The songs they made with Xenomania "All Fired Up" & "Get Ready, Get Set" were AMAZING and I personally think "GRGS" has replaced "One Shot" as the biggest mistake the group has made for not making a song a single. I was really hoping for an uptempo album from them and I'm glad that it is what we received. There were many highlights for me on the album besides the singles (Promise Me, For Myself, Faster, Last Call, White Lies, Move On U, I Say Ok) and even though there are some songs I don't listen to very much compared to others (Wish I Didn't Know, Do What You Want With Me, The Way You Watch Me) I still enjoy each and every song on this album. So I would rank this album as my favorite by the group because this was the album where I have enjoyed and loved most of the material on it. If I did a rank of my favorite 20 Saturdays songs the majority would be from On Your Radar

So for me each album they have given us has been better or more enjoyable for me than the last, though if Headlines had been a full album with more tracks as good as the songs on it, I may have ranked that number 1.

1-On Your Radar
2-Headlines (so close to joint number 1)
3-Wordshaker
4-Chasing Lights
Stewie
Previous username(s): CharlesEt
Custom Title: Griffin

Postby Stewie » 01 Mar 2012, 11:41

I'd say On Your Radar, since it has so many potential hits.

But talking about sound, I'm torn between Headlines and On Your Radar.
Mikerecords
Previous username(s): -Mike-
Custom Title: The 004

Postby Mikerecords » 01 Mar 2012, 11:48

Chasing Lights, so much memories from summer 2008... It reminds me of the lovely weather
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 01 Mar 2012, 12:13

I couldn't decide off the top off my head so had to do it this way:

Chasing Lights
Great Songs: 5 (Up, Issues, Lies, Work, Fall)
Good Songs: 3 (If This Is Love, Just Can't Get Enough, Chasing Lights)
Filler: 4 (Why Me Why Now, Set Me Off)

Wordshaker
Great Songs: 3 (One Shot, Here Standing, Ego)
Good Songs: 3 (Forever Is Over, Lose Control, Wordshaker)
Filler: 6 (No One, Denial, Open Up, Not Good Enough, Deeper, 2AM)

Headlines
Great Songs: 4 (Higher, Ego, Puppet, One Shot)
Good Songs: 4 (Missing You, Forever Is Over, Karma, Died In Your Eyes)
Filler: 0

On Your Radar
Great Songs: 5 (All Fired Up, Notorious, Get Ready Get Set, Wish I Didn't Know, White Lies)
Good Songs: 5 (Faster, My Heart Takes Over, Last Call, I Say Ok, Move On U)
Filler: 4 (The Way You Want Me, For Myself, Do What You Want With Me, Promise Me)

So I guess the results go:
1. Headlines
2. On Your Radar
3. Chasing Lights
4. Wordshaker
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 01 Mar 2012, 13:20

Overall I think On Your Radar is their best most cohesive album. But Headlines includes Higher and Ego, which are (for be) their 2 best songs ever (+GRGS) so I voted for Headlines.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 01 Mar 2012, 16:35

Tiger wrote:Wordshaker

Do you really think Denial is filler? its my fave song on Wordshaker after Ego & One Shot

Was so happy it got performed live on the Headlines tour :love:
Tiger

Postby Tiger » 01 Mar 2012, 18:09

schizophonic_spice wrote:
Tiger wrote:Wordshaker

Do you really think Denial is filler? its my fave song on Wordshaker after Ego & One Shot

Was so happy it got performed live on the Headlines tour :love:

I think its really meh, as if it was a leftover from CL. Its better than other songs in the 'filler list' but I would be lying if I said I think it belongs in the other sections.

EDIT: I'm looking at my 'results' and wondering now why i put Headlines as first. I put it originally there becuase i'd marked it as no filler tracks but On Your Radar beats it in both great and good tracks ..... :shrug:
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 01 Mar 2012, 19:08

It's hard! For me it's a toss up between Chasing Lights & On Your Radar - two great albums, but in different ways. Chasing Lights has great personal memories attached to it for me & is a great pop debut, whereas On Your Radar is more cohesive / and the music is more to my tastes these days (a bit more dance flavoured).

I'll go for On Your Radar!
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 01 Mar 2012, 20:12

Chasing Lights.

On Your Radar is crap.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 01 Mar 2012, 20:13

Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 02 Mar 2012, 00:45

^ Lol.
nicola music fan

Postby nicola music fan » 04 Mar 2012, 02:43

Mines On your radar.
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 05 Mar 2012, 17:53

'Headlines' for me. Hold so many special memories from that period, plus 'Higher' and 'Missing You' might well be my fave singles from The Sats and I also went to the tour, so there you go.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 05 Mar 2012, 19:38

Headlines > Chasing Lights >>> Wordshaker >>>>> Javine >>>>>>>> Gibby On Your Raider.
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 14 Mar 2012, 02:12

Chasing Lights

but Headlines! is a really close second...
Karinspice

Postby Karinspice » 26 Mar 2012, 21:21

On Your Radar is the best! So strong and different.
Tiger

Postby Tiger » 27 Mar 2012, 11:55

Is it strange to anyone else that the clear favourite on this forum was the also the only album almost universally panned by critics?
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 27 Mar 2012, 17:00

Based on the scores listed on Wikipedia:

Chasing Lights: 29 out of 45. [+ 'Positive' no-rating review by BBC Music]
Wordshaker: 21 out of 30. [+ 'Positive' no-rating review by Daily Star]
Headlines: 21.25 out of 35. [+ 'Positive' no-rating review by Daily Star / 2 'Mixed' no-rating reviews by BBC Music & Daily Express]
On Your Radar: 20 out of 35. [+ 'Positive' no-rating review by Cosmopolitan / 'Mixed' no-rating review by BBC Music / 'Negative' no-rating review by The Independent]

The rating scores work out as:

Wordshaker = 70.0% [Based on 6 reviews]
Chasing Lights = 64.4% [Based on 9 reviews]
Headlines = 60.7% [Based on 7 reviews]
On Your Radar = 57.1% [Based on 7 reviews]

... so critics would have us believe that 'Wordshaker' is their best album, lol.
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Postby mysterious » 30 Mar 2012, 15:38

^and am I wrong if I agree with them? 'cause I do. a mix between Wordshaker and Headlines would be my favorite actually, but yeah, as things are, Wordshaker is their best album imo.

Return to “The Saturdays”