Is Gaga starting to flop?

Let's have some fun, this board is sick
sawil22

Is Gaga starting to flop?

Postby sawil22 » 22 Jun 2011, 02:14

...just asking!

I've heard whispers on other websites with the words "Lady Gaga" and "flop" in the same sentence.
It just got me thinking, cos BTW (album) is nowhere near as amazing as The Fame/The Fame Monster for me. And with her most recent music video for Edge of Glory being at best as "bland"... are Gaga's days numbered? Are people starting to move on?

Sarah xx
TheBiatches

Re: Is Gaga starting to flop?

Postby TheBiatches » 22 Jun 2011, 02:37

Well, she's obviously not as MASSIVE as she was around the 'Telephone' period which in my opinion was her peak, but saying she's flopping is just ridiculous. The album has sold around 3 millions worldwide (or so I've read) in 1 month. Who would call that a flop?! It's true that her singles haven't been as big as the ones from The Fame and The Fame Monster, but at the same time, those two albums didn't sell so much and as quickly as this one has. I doubt Born This Way will get to sell as much as those two albums (eventhough it's still very early to say so), but saying she's flopping is extremely over the top. She's still the biggest act out there. Yes, Adele is selling more, but is there anyone that is as everywhere as Lady Gaga? No. She's selling shitloads and still gets a lot of attention.

It's true that many people seem to be getting sick of her and I can understand why, but she still has millions of fans, so I wouldn't worry about her doing bad or flopping for a long while still.
pcdfan1
Banned
Custom Title: Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 22 Jun 2011, 02:50

No she's not flopping. BUT when she takes away all the glitz and fashion. And wears somthing "normal", people arent as interested in her. But NO she is no flopping yet. (Your correct about the BTW CD though. Is not as great as hr first two but that will happen sometimes... what can ya do? Its life.) but its not a flop.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 23 Jun 2011, 05:49

what were the single chart positions with this album? :D
Joanhs

Postby Joanhs » 23 Jun 2011, 10:00

almost 5 mio. copies is NOT flopping! It's actually pretty normal, she has just been lucky with the other cd's and it's completely natural for a 3rd cd to not do that well, but it has in fact done pretty fucking well. I gotta give that to her, even though I only like her music and not her person.
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 23 Jun 2011, 15:30

I wouldn't say flop at all but maybe backlash would be a bit more appropriate. It would seem like people are starting to grow tired of her outlandish outfits which have gone from 'different' to 'desperate'.

I personally think this started to happen from Alejandro onwards when people were saying the video was wierd for the sake of being wierd. Then again this is only reflected on media outlook of her outfits/performances/interviews instead of single/albums sales which are still amazing. 5 million albums sales in a month? WOW! BTW number 1 in US for 6 weeks (thats right isn't it?) Amazing!
peruspice

Postby peruspice » 23 Jun 2011, 19:42

Saying she has sold 5 million copies in a month sounds deluded to be honest. She has so far sold almost 3 millions, which is still great. However, I can see lots of people getting tired of her. Besides, her lastest singles haven't been that good.
pcdfan1
Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 23 Jun 2011, 19:43

peruspice wrote:However, I can see lots of people getting tired of her. Besides, her lastest singles haven't been that good.

I agree with these two points.
Katie Spice
Custom Title: FAME HOOKER

Postby Katie Spice » 23 Jun 2011, 21:09

peruspice wrote:Saying she has sold 5 million copies in a month sounds deluded to be honest.

Or it's true... :think:
peruspice

Postby peruspice » 23 Jun 2011, 21:33

She has fairly sold 1.5M The USA. Where has she sold the other 3.5? ¬¬
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 24 Jun 2011, 02:20

^^
yeah im wondering where the other 3.5 million is from as well.

She's not flopping, might not be doing as well as she previously had but she's still one of the best selling artists out there.
NCLS

Postby NCLS » 24 Jun 2011, 06:05

Madonna's third album sold over 22 millions (:

So, it is not a rule that third albums have to sell less than the previous 2 x
Official Spiceworld
Custom Title: Spice Girls Net

Postby Official Spiceworld » 24 Jun 2011, 17:26

peruspice wrote:She has fairly sold 1.5M The USA. Where has she sold the other 3.5? ¬¬

Um.....

UK
Australia
Brazil
Japan
Mexico
Russia

I could go on.....
peruspice

Postby peruspice » 24 Jun 2011, 19:20

If you add all the "official" sales, more than 1M can be found. It's like Mexico or Brazil are markets where lots of copies can be sold.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 24 Jun 2011, 23:11

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very, very brightly".
Thom
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 24 Jun 2011, 23:14

the thing with Gaga is that there is a point where she can't overdo herself anymore, she has done nearly everything. she doesn't surprise anymore.
people get tired of surprises too.
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
Ziggy

Postby Ziggy » 25 Jun 2011, 05:58

This era just started really with the album release, and a little with the single release. It hasn't kicked off really until May.
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 25 Jun 2011, 11:47

I think her era of of topping the charts is ending, as did Madonna's. She'll be around, just not necessarily top ten. However, I don't think that rush-releasing TWO singles in a row helped anything. Judas was released early because someone was going to leak it, and was purchasable starting in the second half of the chart week, so position was based on only a half a week of sales. Edge of Glory wasn't planned as a single, so it's promo was thrown together as well.

EDIT: people started moving on a long time ago, actually. She's fortunate to have so many fans!
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 25 Jun 2011, 14:18

I think her new style is just something tht hasn't really caught on yet. Its a bit darker and rockier. Other than Hair, not really enjoying the album.
peruspice

Postby peruspice » 25 Jun 2011, 21:39

The problem was she said this would be the album of the decade. There was so much buzz, but in the end, the album is like a long song: all the aongs sound the same.
pcdfan1
Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 25 Jun 2011, 22:29

peruspice wrote:The problem was she said this would be the album of the decade. There was so much buzz, but in the end, the album is like a long song: all the aongs sound the same.

Yup I agree with all this above and also I think she took too long to release the 1st single..
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 26 Jun 2011, 08:22

peruspice wrote:The problem was she said this would be the album of the decade. There was so much buzz, but in the end, the album is like a long song: all the aongs sound the same.

When did she actually say that? Because after listneing to the album several times, she must've been taking something to believe that its the album of the decade :S
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 26 Jun 2011, 08:43

Joanhs

Postby Joanhs » 26 Jun 2011, 11:11

addicted2you wrote:

When did she actually say that? Because after listneing to the album several times, she must've been taking something to believe that its the album of the decade :S

Her manager or something also told it would be bigger than thriller.
[Dan]

Postby [Dan] » 26 Jun 2011, 14:54

peruspice wrote:all the aongs sound the same.

:think: They really, really don't. Maybe you just haven't listened enough...

Return to “Lady Gaga”