Take That

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
artziboi
Custom Title: Who owns the throne

Re: Robbie re joins Take That full time

Postby artziboi » 17 Jul 2010, 01:55

I'd Wait for life is fantastic! I do understand people falling asleep in the middle but I liked it.
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 17 Jul 2010, 01:56

TheBiatches wrote:Also, I'd Wait For Live gives me shivers although I'm sure most people find it extremely boring.

YES! I already love you, but now I love you even more. :love:

The video is out of synch with the sound, but I don't care. It's perfection.
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 17 Jul 2010, 02:08

AcidBurn wrote:
TheBiatches wrote:Also, I'd Wait For Live gives me shivers although I'm sure most people find it extremely boring.

YES! I already love you, but now I love you even more. :love:

The video is out of synch with the sound, but I don't care. It's perfection.

LOL! There you go, just gave you another reason to love me! :$

I loved the performance, and I don't know why but I always get teary right before the "If I close my eyes..." part lol How 15-year old of me is that? What a shame mobiles are so popular nowadays though, the venue would have looked much cuter had it been lighters, but oh well :p
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 17 Jul 2010, 02:17

TheBiatches wrote:I loved the performance, and I don't know why but I always get teary right before the "If I close my eyes..." part lol How 15-year old of me is that?

Aw I just think that's cute. Just adds to your amazingness. ^^
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 17 Jul 2010, 02:22

AcidBurn wrote:
TheBiatches wrote:I loved the performance, and I don't know why but I always get teary right before the "If I close my eyes..." part lol How 15-year old of me is that?

Aw I just think that's cute. Just adds to your amazingness. ^^

Aw that is just too nice! You're adorable. :lovers: Let's stop it before they tell us to get a room. :p
Ringleader

Postby Ringleader » 17 Jul 2010, 02:26

[Nicolas] wrote:"Beautiful World" is a perfect album. But let's not forget some gems from the past. "Pray", "Do What U Like" and "Back For Good" are also fantastic. I swear I can never finish watching the "Back For Good" video because I always get too excited with the song+video combination. "The Circus" I loved, but "Beautiful World" is 10 times better.

AGREES 1000000%
Lewis
Custom Title: Dendens Flirt

Postby Lewis » 19 Jul 2010, 18:04

Oh no the Ego is returning. :puke:

I can`t stand the man. They are better without him. I could be wrong, but i heard there was a big backlash against it.
mr_forever
Custom Title: [stitched]

Postby mr_forever » 19 Jul 2010, 18:44

wat exactly happened between Rob and Gary?
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 19 Jul 2010, 20:58

I can't see it lasting for more than an album and a tour, it's not uncommon for big solo stars to return to their old groups and then go back to being solo artists again.

It's obviously a mutual agreement, after Robbie's relative downturn in popularity and Mark Owen's bed hopping scandals...They need to keep the machine strong.
Joanhs

Take That is cancelling tonights show in Copenhagen

Postby Joanhs » 16 Jul 2011, 18:34

From eb.dk and I've used google translate

Tonight Take That concert in the park at East of Copenhagen has just been canceled. The thousands of fans who have waited in the meter-long queues all day, has just received the sad message.

- A man stuck his head out the door and said the concentrate has been canceled, as Robbie has stomach problems, says Ekatrabladet Rikke Holm, who is among thousands of fans in front of the park.

- People crying and really sad. Some have been waiting all day, says Rikke Holm, who has talked with several fans who have stood in queues for hours.

Thought it was a joke
People come from near and far to experience Robbie, Mark, Gary, Howard and Jason, who is single after 15 year break. Take That did last night concert in the park, but the fans that tonight should have seen Take That's reunion tour, must go home with a very long nose.

Also read: Take That toppled Park

- We have taken all the way from Horsens, and we've had our tickets since November. We have enjoyed ourselves very much, says Louise Sandholdt to be a concert with three girlfriends.

- We've been going since 11 o'clock this morning and the doors were just about to be opened. We stood right up front. People will not go. We thought it was a joke. There are so many disappointed fans, and people stand and weep, says Pia from Køge to ekstrabladet.dk.

Poor excuse
In the past the reunion tour gone rumors that the mood among the five members of the popular boy band was top notch. When Take That example. yesterday left the Hotel Nimb, there was no time to talk or to give an autograph to the many attendees fans who had braved the rain and waiting since six o'clock in the morning to catch a glimpse of their big idols.

The bad feeling among the five eventually velvoksne men infected also by their bodyguards, who were extremely rude to the fans in attendance.

Read also: Divided Take That without profit

Front Park in Copenhagen believe the many thousands of disappointed fans did not indicate that the cancellation of tonight's concert because Robbie has stomach problems.

- People do not believe that the concert is canceled because of Robbie's stomach. They think it's about that there are problems in the band, says Ekatrabladet Rikke Holm.
schizophonic_spice

Re: Take That is cancelling tonights show in Copenhagen

Postby schizophonic_spice » 16 Jul 2011, 20:24

Ooooh will wee see youtube vids of fans from Copenhagen burning their CDs etc haha
Joanhs

Postby Joanhs » 16 Jul 2011, 20:49

Haha don't know. The concert yesterday in Copenhagen was fantastic and Robbie was at his best.. The newest update is he has been food poisoned.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 17 Jul 2011, 02:06

Lol, they must go home with a long nose.
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 17 Jul 2011, 06:29

well that really sucks for all the fans
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 17 Jul 2011, 14:32

Its not like the other 4 could go on without him.....
Joanhs

Postby Joanhs » 17 Jul 2011, 16:21

They siad in a statement it would be wrong to act like a 4 piece again, especially because some fans are there to only hear Robbie.. And Robbies part of the show is over a half hour long.
Joanhs

Postby Joanhs » 17 Jul 2011, 20:20

Roobie just posted a photo on his website http://www.robbiewilliams.com/news-blog ... s-and-love

Patrick
Custom Title: My name is Patrick

Postby Patrick » 19 Jul 2011, 17:11

Joanhs wrote:They siad in a statement it would be wrong to act like a 4 piece again, especially because some fans are there to only hear Robbie.. And Robbies part of the show is over a half hour long.

I hope they will reschedule then sometime for those fans there, because if I had a ticket I would rather see the 4-piece then see nothing :p
Lorraine
Custom Title: Old Hollywood Spice

Postby Lorraine » 19 Jul 2011, 19:56

I hope for the fans sake that they're rescheduling the show.
Joanhs

Postby Joanhs » 19 Jul 2011, 20:04

doesn't seem like it.. reason being it isn't just the 5 guys's schedule that doesn't have the time, it's the 250 people putting up the stage that's the problem.
Queenie

Postby Queenie » 22 Jul 2011, 12:34

went to see them Monday, thank god it was not cancelled and he was there. He was a bit emotional. In Holland we didn't know that they always come on as a 4 piece first, so when they came on stage as a four piece, everyone was like wtf, you could see people looking at each other like damn it, no Rob. Then when he came on the audience was so much louder haha loved the show btw.
Joanhs

Postby Joanhs » 22 Jul 2011, 21:53

Haha I'm not a take that fan and even I have looked up the setlist and seen a few youtube videos, and I knew they wanted to introduce Robbie a special way. I think it's such a cool concept, just like ROTSG
schizophonic_spice

Take That 'taking two-year break from music'

Postby schizophonic_spice » 28 Aug 2011, 15:33

Take That are reportedly planning to take a two-year break.

The band are exhausted after their sell-out 'Progress Live' tour and Howard Donald, Jason Orange and Mark Owen threatened to quit the group over tension with Robbie Williams, The Sunday Mirror reports.

Gary Barlow convinced them to stay and will discuss the band's future once he has finished his duties on The X Factor at Christmas. The band had previously denied claims of in-band fighting.

"At first it was a fairytale, having Robbie back and being a five-piece again, but a few arguments and their touring schedule made it hard going," a source said. "Howard, Jason and Mark all said they were shattered at the end of their tour, and are not sure they'll be able to go through it all again at their age.

"This could now mean the end of the band. They will be meeting up to discuss things after Christmas. They all love touring and recording music, and have been totally dedicated to Take That but nothing has been decided about what happens next."

Tensions in the band are said to have started at the Brit Awards in February after Williams, who is rumoured to be working on new solo material, demanded a more prominent position on stage during the performance.

"There were problems," the source added. "The guys knew working with Robbie would be different but they didn't realise how much of a change they'd have to make to accommodate him. Robbie can be over the top and most of the time is just joking around, but he should have been more aware and tried to fit in."

Williams allegedly embarrassed the band with his "erratic behaviour" and targeted Orange by making "childish digs" at him.

A Take That spokesman insisted: "The band are all on great terms. They are on a well deserved break at the moment, taking a post-tour holiday."

Donald previously claimed that Take That were planning to make their next tour even bigger.

Pity they allowed Robbie back in
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Re: Take That 'taking two-year break from music'

Postby Veli » 28 Aug 2011, 15:39

What did they expect? Robbie is a selfish person who only thinks of himself. Working with him would be hard of course.

They had a good thing going. They shouldn't have let him back in.
Thom
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice

Re: Take That 'taking two-year break from music'

Postby Thom » 28 Aug 2011, 16:06

why would this be true?

if it was about the SG you'd all be "yeah right. stupid tabloidrumours"

people love this fights inside bands
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk

Return to “Music”