Take That

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
TheBiatches

Re: Take That 'taking two-year break from music'

Postby TheBiatches » 28 Aug 2011, 16:17

^ Yeah, and I also love all the hate Robbie gets from people who love Geri, it's ironic considering most people always thought they were made for each other and that Robbie was an almost male version of Geri.
Thom
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 28 Aug 2011, 16:21

^ yes and even with the new bicker rumours in ROTSG tour people were like "fuck all tabloids. lies. lies."
when at some point things weren't looking all that lovey dovey
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
NCLS

Postby NCLS » 28 Aug 2011, 16:45

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( :'( :death: :x :puke: :cry: :Oops: :hmm: :sad:

I am suicidal right now. I can't live without their lyrics who depict my feelings so accurately :Oops:

Hope this is just rumours (:
Rafael
Previous username(s): Xerrife
Custom Title: Disney Addicted

Postby Rafael » 28 Aug 2011, 16:54

Thom wrote:why would this be true?

if it was about the SG you'd all be "yeah right. stupid tabloidrumours"

people love this fights inside bands

exactly.

But I can't say I wouldn't enjoy if he leaves the band again. I like the 4 piece TT better.

But I hope they won't give up, they are too good to do that, we need their music!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 28 Aug 2011, 19:18

TheBiatches wrote:^ Yeah, and I also love all the hate Robbie gets from people who love Geri, it's ironic considering most people always thought they were made for each other and that Robbie was an almost male version of Geri.

I really hate when people group fans of an artist all together as one.

Rafael wrote: I like the 4 piece TT better.

So do I
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 28 Aug 2011, 20:06

schizophonic_spice wrote:
TheBiatches wrote:^ Yeah, and I also love all the hate Robbie gets from people who love Geri, it's ironic considering most people always thought they were made for each other and that Robbie was an almost male version of Geri.

I really hate when people group fans of an artist all together as one.

What do you mean?! I was just saying that a Geri fan hating on Robbie always seemed ironic to me, as they are basically the same as each other. The only differences being that Robbie has a dick, makes (in my humble opinion) much better music than Geri and can hold a note or two. Not very well, but he can. Not that I would REALLY care as I adored the Spice Girls and still do, and love Madonna.
Queenie

Postby Queenie » 28 Aug 2011, 20:20

I thought Rob was only going to be with them for one album and one tour?
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 28 Aug 2011, 21:29

I think it's bullshit. But at the same time I also think Robbie won't be back for the next album/tour. He already said that he was back just for one album. And it's true that the 4-piece TT worked quite better. Their music is nearly the same, but somehow they're better without Robbie. Same as Robbie is better on his own.

Unlike the Spice Girls, the 4-piece band blends and works better. The SG 4-piece did ok, but once they reformed there's no way they can be 4 again. TT can be 4 again with no problem because the 4-piece band achieved huge success and even has its own fanbase.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 28 Aug 2011, 22:20

I'd be disappointed if this was true, I love TT - 4-piece TT more than (new) 5-piece TT, but still. Either way they still make amazing music.

But, if they do take a break, I hope that would mean more solo Robbie music :music:.
Rafael

Postby Rafael » 29 Aug 2011, 00:24

Robbie said on his blog that he had so much fun touring with the boys that he think it could be cool to do that again. So, let's see how it goes. I just hope the band never ends (specially that this was the year I fell in love with them :) ).
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 29 Aug 2011, 09:40

TheBiatches wrote:
What do you mean?! I was just saying that a Geri fan hating on Robbie always seemed ironic to me, as they are basically the same as each other. The only differences being that Robbie has a dick, makes (in my humble opinion) much better music than Geri and can hold a note or two. Not very well, but he can. Not that I would REALLY care as I adored the Spice Girls and still do, and love Madonna.

I see your point. And I agree they should be in the same category. But I've always disliked Robbie from the start, even when I was a TT fan back in the early '90's. He and Geri do have much in common, yet for some reason Geri is very likeable in my eyes. And him I can't stand.

I don't dislike the stereotype they both fit in. I just dislike him as a person, he comes across as arrogant. And doesn't appreciate his talent.

And Geri has done A LOT with the little talent she has. And she appreciates the position she is in. And she's always nice to people (in public at least).

I do agree both have big issues that they'll probably never solve. I've always said none of these two will ever be able to have a proper relationship/family. I can't imagine them staying long with anyone.

I know it'd make more sense to either like or dislike them both. But it's not how I feel. I can't back it up with words, it's how it is :D
Rafael

Re: Take That

Postby Rafael » 27 Jun 2012, 21:26

Gary said in some interview about releasing a new album next year, and a tour as well! Can't wait! (And hopefully, it will be TT4 :p )
Aurelien
Custom Title: Viva Life

Postby Aurelien » 27 Jun 2012, 21:42

Nice the last 3 albums have been amazing.
LISTEN TO MY ALBUM
iTunes - Spotify - Deezer - Youtube
NCLS

Postby NCLS » 27 Jun 2012, 22:27

Aurelien wrote:Nice the last 3 albums have been amazing.

YEAH!
forever_spice_boy01
Custom Title: i like boys

Postby forever_spice_boy01 » 04 Feb 2013, 08:44

i just had a question, i'm not a huge fan of them but i do know some of thier bigger hits. do they actually sing? apart from gary and mark? i just feel like the other 2 are just there to fill up space.
cyyong29
Custom Title: Dreams That Glitter

Postby cyyong29 » 04 Feb 2013, 16:02

forever_spice_boy01 wrote:i just had a question, i'm not a huge fan of them but i do know some of thier bigger hits. do they actually sing? apart from gary and mark? i just feel like the other 2 are just there to fill up space.

I think all four of them write songs, while Mark and Gary are the lead singers.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 10 May 2014, 22:07

Oooh look who's been tax dodging.....

Gary Barlow and Take That Stars Face £20m Tax Bill

Pop star and former X Factor judge Gary Barlow and two other Take That members must pay back millions of pound in tax after a court ruling.

Tax judge Colin Bishopp ruled that the former boy band members were part of a huge tax avoidance scheme.

Barlow and Take That bandmates Howard Donald and Mark Owen paid £66 million into two partnerships that appeared to be music industry investment schemes but were artificial tax shelters for the rich.

The scheme allowed the musicians to avoid tax on around £63m from world tours and CD sales.

Judge Bishopp rejected the explanation that more than 50 partnerships, set up by a company called Icebreaker Management, had been set up for commercial purposes.

"Icebreaker is, and was known and understood by all concerned to be, a tax avoidance scheme," he said.

"The aim was to secure [tax] relief for members, and to inflate the scale of the relief by unnecessary borrowing."

The business affairs of Barlow, Donald and Owen have been called into question before. In 2012 it was reported that they sheltered about £6.5m in a "highly aggressive" Jersey-based tax scheme called Liberty.

The three band members have not commented since the latest ruling. In 2012 their lawyers said the stars paid significant tax and did not believe they were investing in avoidance schemes.

The former X Factor judge is worth £60m, according to the Sunday Times Rich List 2013.

As the chief songwriter for the original Take That, Barlow received a higher proportion of the band's income than the other members.

Take That had eight No 1 singles and sold over 15 million albums worldwide between 1992 and 1996, earning £80m.

A six-time Ivor Novello Award recipient, Gary Barlow has sold over 45 million records worldwide with Take That.

Barlow received an OBE in 2012 for services to music and charity.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 10 May 2014, 22:15

schizophonic_spice wrote:Oooh look who's been tax dodging.....

yes, but:

Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen - along with manager Jonathan Wild - were among about 1,000 people who put money into schemes purportedly supporting the music industry.

SOURCE

scapegoats much ? Image poor sods x
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 10 May 2014, 22:16

Vomiting Porpoise wrote:
schizophonic_spice wrote:Oooh look who's been tax dodging.....

yes, but:

Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen - along with manager Jonathan Wild - were among about 1,000 people who put money into schemes purportedly supporting the music industry.

SOURCE

scapegoats much ? Image poor sods x

They were still involved though that is the point.

Gary's "National treasure" status may have just taken a battering.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 11 May 2014, 09:38

yes they were involved, but that doesn,t make them any more guilty than 997 othar people why aren,t they being named and shamed in the press? That,s right, celebrity sells so we,ll character assassinate them :rolleyes: x
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 24 Sep 2014, 23:27

Jason Orange has quit Take That, and they'll be returning as a 3 piece. Not sure how to feel about that. :( I liked them as a 4.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 24 Sep 2014, 23:32

Are they really going to go on as a three piece? oh dear.

Gary Barlow should just continue as a solo artist and not make Take That a laughing stock.
Norm
Previous username(s): Norman
the norm
ShakespearsMister
Custom Title: KILLER QUEEN

Postby Norm » 25 Sep 2014, 09:14

schizophonic_spice wrote:Are they really going to go on as a three piece? oh dear.

Gary Barlow should just continue as a solo artist and not make Take That a laughing stock.

Well the three tax-dodgers need to pay off their bill don't they? A tour next year should do the trick. Will they attract the same crowds as before though?
*Babyboy*
Previous username(s): babymen

Postby *Babyboy* » 25 Sep 2014, 11:41

I'm not happy with a 3 members band but they will produce another big record anyway.
Masterpiece
Custom Title: Immune

Postby Masterpiece » 25 Sep 2014, 12:16

So, all the sexyness is now gone.

Return to “Music”