The Saturdays

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Re: The Saturdays

Postby Javi » 09 Dec 2015, 21:20

forever_spice_boy01 wrote:

I totally missed this. I thin it sounds quite good. Very 90s and early 00s influenced. It bombed in the charts, right?
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 09 Dec 2015, 21:31

IER wrote:
forever_spice_boy01 wrote:

I totally missed this. I thin it sounds quite good. Very 90s and early 00s influenced. It bombed in the charts, right?

she,s nipping at adele,s heels x
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 10 Dec 2015, 00:58

Vomiting Porpoise wrote:any news on the girls getting back into the studio? come on we need some more flops to snigger at enjoy Image x

Island Records signed Mollie King is gearing up for the release of her hotly anticipated solo record in 2016.

The Sats return will just have to wait. ;)
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 10 Dec 2015, 01:00

they really helped to reignite Leona so no doubt they will push Mollie through the stratosphere with her albam Image x
Emme

Postby Emme » 01 Jan 2016, 19:19

Una Foden reveals plans to release solo album in 2016 - 'It's very personal to me and I wrote it from the heart'

http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish ... se-7102237
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 01 Jan 2016, 20:23

schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 01 Jan 2016, 21:05

Flop or not I can't wait. My fave Sats voice.
forever_spice_boy01
Custom Title: i like boys

Postby forever_spice_boy01 » 01 Jan 2016, 21:43

Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 02 Jan 2016, 01:51

Nothing solo will be as exciting for me as new group material, but I'll definitely give Una's music a listen. I love her voice!
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 04 Jan 2016, 06:24

I always assumed Rochelle would be the first to release a solo album. Una's will probably be folky pop á la "A Girl Like Me".
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 24 Jan 2016, 23:48

Frankie on the front of Fabulous magazine:

Interview and more pictures here: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fa ... -ever.html
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 24 Jan 2016, 23:49

I wouldn't have recognised her!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 24 Jan 2016, 23:58

What's definitely not on the cards any time soon is a Saturdays reunion. While all the girls remain great friends, each is happy doing her own thing, and Frankie says there are no plans to get back together.

"We haven't split up, but we are having a break," she says. "I will always miss performing, but I've been doing it since I was 12."

"As a band, we've always been really understanding of each other, and I just think whatever happens will happen naturally."

What's quite telling, though, is the fact that Frankie clearly sees her future away from music. She speaks at length about how a career in the industry simply isn't compatible with family life, which surely means it's curtains for The Saturdays.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 24 Jan 2016, 23:59

"You have to dedicate so much time to music, and that's just not my priority now that I've got children. I want to work - it's part of who I am - but I also want to be able to pick my kids up from school and watch them on sports day. I always wanted to be successful, but I never wanted to be a successful person without a family. If you'd have asked me five or six years ago, I'd be like: 'Yes, I want to try a solo career.' But now I've been at it for so long and I feel like I've achieved what I want to."

(For some reason recently, DenDen times out at random with certain posts of mine, and it won't let me post unless I cut down the length of the message. So I've had to spread this across two posts). :think:

Not very positive news for Sats fans!
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 25 Jan 2016, 00:05

Jay wrote:Not very positive news for Sats fans!

but a joyous revelation for the rest of us Image x
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 25 Jan 2016, 00:16

I guess they could do what Girls Aloud did and reform in the Summer of 2018 with a ten year reunion tour.

I don't think they are even signed anymore are they? so I can't imagine another studio album. Maybe a re issued greatest hits with new single? :think:
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 25 Jan 2016, 00:22

Girls Aloud took their hiatus at the peak of their success, so the Ten tour was a very much needed come back for their fans. The Saturdays "disbanded" after a string of flop albums, their biggest flops single, an abysmal Greatest Hits flop and a half-empty arenas tour. If they do a tour in 2018, not even their grannies will attend.

It's no surprise, but I think it's the end of The Saturdays.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 25 Jan 2016, 01:05

Jay wrote:Not very positive news for Sats fans!

Ten gays go and weep in a corner.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 25 Jan 2016, 01:53

I was such a big fan of the girls, but my reaction to "they're not getting back together anytime soon" is "eh, ok then". :oops:
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 25 Jan 2016, 02:14

I had such love for them at the beginning and it just tailed off so much towards the end. They showed quite a bit of promise to begin with and then...meh.
Brett
Custom Title: Fucking Love SGs

Postby Brett » 25 Jan 2016, 03:01

I like them. I was just watching some performances on youtube today. I will miss them because I liked a lot of their songs, but as a group they really were just kinda meh. In my opinion they peaked with All Fired Up.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 25 Jan 2016, 03:13

They did make some awful mistakes like making Forever is Over the lead single to the second album. Others I can think off are

On Your Radar should have been released after All Fired Up

Living for the Weekend should have been released as soon as What About Us was number 1 (with a better album cover)

Gentleman shouldn't have been a single or certainly not the follow up to WAU

I think things could have been very different for them however they did last six years on the back of terrible album sales. Quite an achievement. Girl Thing would have loved to be in their shoes.
forever_spice_boy01
Custom Title: i like boys

Postby forever_spice_boy01 » 25 Jan 2016, 03:59

^ i agree with everything except the comment that FIO wasn't a strong enough lead single.

i think FIO was a strong enough single i mean it still got to #2 (i know sales were very low but sill) and wordshaker didn't really do as bad as they made it out to be. it sold almost 90k off of 2 singles and i'm certain if they didn't pretty much eliminate it from their discography and deny its existence it would have sold over 100k by now. i feel like they either should have waited to release it in the new year instead of rushing to released it in 2009 OR release another single off of it after seeing how well ego did instead of just abandoning it.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 27 Jan 2016, 01:28

FIO killed that campaign completely. It's a fourth single at best. They'd built themselves up being poppy and then got cocky and thought they could change it up and release an album off the back of it.

Wordshaker should have gone as so:

1. Ego
2. Here Standing (Christmas single)
- Wordshaker album-
3. One Shot
4. Forever Is Over
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 20 Feb 2016, 14:27

Hello Team Sats!!

We realize it's been a while since we've sent you all a mailer, so we thought we'd drop you a note to update you on all the exciting stuff that's going on at the minute, plus some of our plans for the rest of the year.

To start with, this week marks five years since our 'Headlines' tour in 2011. We can't believe how long ago that feels!! We had such a brilliant time on the road on that tour - some of you may remember it all being filmed for our 'What Goes On Tour' TV show that aired later in the year. Since the 'Headlines' tour, we've released another 3 albums, 11 singles and been on 2 arena tours - it's been an incredible rollercoaster, but we've loved every minute. Speaking of 'headlines' - despite what some of them might say, don't forget that even if we're taking some time out to try stuff out on our own, we will always be The Saturdays!!

That brings us to today's update...here's what we're each up to at the minute.

VANESSA

Vanessa White has been busy over the last couple of months, working with the likes of Snakehips, Nick Brewer, Wretch 32 and Shakka on her R&B-tinged solo sound. Vanessa says "I love the music we made with the Sat's but it's so exciting to experiment with the 90's R&B sound I grew up with on my solo project. Team Sats have been so supportive which has been amazing!" Today she launches her debut EP 'Chapter One' which includes Don't Wanna Be Your Lover, Relationship Goals, Nostalgia and Lipstick Kisses ft Wretch 32 available on iTunes and Spotify now. She also headlines at Cargo on March 16th with advance tickets at £7 available at Ticketweb/Ticketmaster.

UNA

Una is currently in the studio writing and recording and is looking forward to sharing her debut solo album later with you guys this year. The second season of The Voice Of Ireland recently kicked off on RTE1 with the battle rounds beginning this Sunday night. Make sure you tune in and vote for #TeamUna. Una's also recently been announced as the President of children's medical research charity Sparks and urges you to support their important work. For more info, visit the Sparks website.

FRANKIE

Before Christmas, Frankie filmed a special documentary with BBC2's The Victoria Derbyshire Show about cyber-trolling and internet bullying. The reaction to the film went down a storm & Frankie loved being a part of it! If you haven't seen the film, you can watch it here. December also saw Frankie jet off to the Australian Jungle, to be a part of ITV2's Im A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here Now! Show alongside David Morgan, Joe Swash & Laura Whitmore. 2016 has been non-stop so far for Frankie, as she made a return to the Strictly Come Dancing family on the Live UK Tour. Starting the year as she means to go on, watch this space for lots more exciting news!

MOLLIE

Mollie has recently announced that she has signed a record deal with Island Records, the home of Amy Winehouse, Florence & The Machine & Robbie Williams and is set to release her first single later this year. Mollie has spent the last few months writing and recording new material in studios not only in the UK, but throughout Europe and in the USA. Mollie continues her work as an ambassador for Maybelline whilst also championing a cause close to her heart, with the Born Free Foundation, of which she recently became an ambassador. You can find out what she got up to on her recent trip with the charity here.

ROCHELLE

After a really successful stint on the Xtra Factor, Rochelle has just finished presenting on the second series of Ninja Warrior UK, where the champion was crowned last weekend. Rochelle continues to design her ongoing fashion collection exclusive to Very.

With a number of other projects in the pipeline for 2016, its set to be another busy & exciting year!
Last edited by Vomiting Porpoise on 20 Feb 2016, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music”