Lady Gaga

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
My Prerogative
Previous username(s): Love Machine
Custom Title: -ALLIE-

Lady Gaga

Postby My Prerogative » 21 Aug 2008, 07:14

Discuss her royal fierceness here. :love:

The Fame

Canada and Australia track listing: August 19 Release

1 "Just Dance"
2 "Love Game"
3 "Paparazzi"
4 "Beautiful Dirty Rich"
5 "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)"
6 "Poker Face"
7 "The Fame"
8 "Money Honey"
9 "Again Again"
10 "Boys Boys Boys"
11 "Brown Eyes"
12 "Summerboy"

European track listing: August 29 Release

1 "Just Dance"
2 "Love Game"
3 "Paparazzi"
4 "Beautiful Dirty Rich"
5 "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)"
6 "Poker Face"
7 "The Fame"
8 "Vanity"
9 "Again Again"
10 "Boys Boys Boys"
11 "Brown Eyes"
12 "Summerboy"
13 "I Like It Rough"

US track listing: October 7 Release

1 "Just Dance"
2 "Love Game"
3 "Paparazzi"
4 "Beautiful Dirty Rich"
5 "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)"
6 "Poker Face"
7 "The Fame"
8 "Starstruck"
9 "Again Again"
10 "Boys Boys Boys"
11 "Brown Eyes"
12 "Summerboy"
13 "I Like It Rough"
My Prerogative

Re: Lady GaGa - Official Thread

Postby My Prerogative » 21 Aug 2008, 07:16

Lady GaGa, an up-and-coming pop artist hailing from New York's East Side, is a woman who is not afraid to use forceful language when defending her favourite artists.

"Gwen is fucking brilliant. Anyone who says Gwen isn't brilliant is a dumbass," said the 22-year-old pop culture enthusiast, referring, of course, to onetime No Doubt frontwoman Gwen Stefani.

Lady GaGa (who got her name from the Queen song "Radio GaGa") has been involved in the music scene and pop culture since her early teen days. She was playing New York night clubs at 14 and penning songs for the likes of the Pussycat Dolls and New Kids on the Block by her early 20s.

Through relentless self-promotion, Lady GaGa was eventually signed as an artist to Interscope Records. She landed on the top 40 charts this summer with her song "Just Dance" and collaborated with Akon for her upcoming album "The Fame," due in stores on Sept. 16.

Lady GaGa said that working her way up though the music industry helped her to grow as an artist, and she believes that hard is the key to making music a profession.

"I don't really feel like reality TV gives you a career," Lady GaGa told andPOP, referring to shows like American Idol that set out to launch the career of unknowns. "I did it the way I believe you have to."

Aside from her electro-pop, dance-pop, and rock infused music, Lady GaGa is also known for her racy live shows, which have been described as a form of shock art. Here's an example: during performances, Lady GaGa will strip down to a pair of her personally-designed and manufactured hot pants and bikini top, light cans of hairspray on fire, and strike a pose below a disco ball to the orchestral sounds of "A Clockwork Orange" – bearing no resemblance to a typical pop-tart concert.

"I've always done my shows this way, I never changed it," said Lady GaGa. "I like to be provocative. I want my live shows to be important because it's different."

Her energetic live show caught the attention of celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, who invited Lady GaGa to perform at his Four of July Spectacular party in Las Vegas. The artist agreed to play the show after a dinner with Perez.

"I am such a celebrity-obsessed person, so in some ways Perez and I are very similar," said Lady GaGa.

Not only is Lady GaGa obsessed with pop culture, she defends pop music and major labels in a way that many other artists avoid.

"I think for whatever reason, society views the big label as evil, or a big factory. People don't learn about how the label is nothing except for artist that work for it. Artists like Timberland – they are totally brilliant, crazy, and artistic. The whole myth that pop albums do no make good albums is totally neglected by the impact that they have on the world."

"The Fame" will feature the electric music and theatrics that Lady GaGa is known for, but she also hopes show others what they can do with music.

"I hope to inspire some kind of change in music and to bring back pop. I want it to be important; I want people to be inspired," she said. "If not, then I did a shitty job."

http://www.andpop.com/article/12092
JubileeRoad
Custom Title: SUPERfan

Postby JubileeRoad » 21 Aug 2008, 19:49

OOOH have vanity or starstruck leaked? i WANT.
My Prerogative

Postby My Prerogative » 21 Aug 2008, 20:17

I don't think they have but I was thinking the saaame thing.
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 22 Aug 2008, 09:19

That's a singer? I always thought it's a DD user :dizzy:
My Prerogative

Postby My Prerogative » 23 Aug 2008, 18:03

Seeing her tonight in LA!

Paul!
Custom Title: 18...13...9..5..2.0

Postby Paul! » 23 Aug 2008, 19:47

I LOVE her album! Its an ace and for me one of the best ones in a long time.
Chris_Sydney

Postby Chris_Sydney » 24 Aug 2008, 05:46

I'm not sold yet. I think it's frustrating that America has jumped on the Lady GaGa bandwagon and I've seen so, so much press for her online applauding her as a savior of pop, the female artist finally invested in aesthetic and performance as well as the music itself... blah blah blah. Robyn and Roisin have been doing it for at least a year longer, but because they're European there's not that level of excitement or exposure afforded to them.

Time will tell. I like 'Just Dance', but a lot of the songs on the album seem pretty similar.

x
My Prerogative

Postby My Prerogative » 24 Aug 2008, 13:25

MET HER TONIGHT!! :love: She was BEYOND FIERCE. Performed Love Game, Beautiful Dirty Rich, and Just Dance. Then I met her in VIP. :$

Dom

Postby Dom » 03 Sep 2008, 00:43

She is amazing! Just Dance is SUCH a good debut single! :love:
Jessi-Kate

Postby Jessi-Kate » 04 Sep 2008, 13:38

I like her album!

So cool you got to meet her, Allie! :)
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 26 Sep 2008, 20:19

She's good. I like her album and her fetish style. She's a mix beetwen Jem and the holograms and a mistress.
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
let your head g0
Previous username(s): murder! on the dancefloor
into the grooveee

Postby let your head g0 » 29 Sep 2008, 00:07

I love Lady GaGa :]
RichieRich

Postby RichieRich » 02 Oct 2008, 00:48

Chris_Sydney wrote:I'm not sold yet. I think it's frustrating that America has jumped on the Lady GaGa bandwagon and I've seen so, so much press for her online applauding her as a savior of pop, the female artist finally invested in aesthetic and performance as well as the music itself... blah blah blah. Robyn and Roisin have been doing it for at least a year longer, but because they're European there's not that level of excitement or exposure afforded to them.

Time will tell. I like 'Just Dance', but a lot of the songs on the album seem pretty similar.

x

Agreed. I think Roisin Murphy deserves some attention in the U.S. She is fantastic! :love:
My Prerogative

Postby My Prerogative » 23 Oct 2008, 08:15

Paper Gangsta and Starstruck have leaked! :love: Genius as usual.
Starbucks
Custom Title: Dancing In The Dark

Postby Starbucks » 18 Nov 2008, 20:04

Love Machine wrote:MET HER TONIGHT!! :love: She was BEYOND FIERCE. Performed Love Game, Beautiful Dirty Rich, and Just Dance. Then I met her in VIP. :$

Oh God! She is amazing isn't she? I hope to meet her someday. :D I love her style
xElizabethx
Custom Title: Elixabef

Postby xElizabethx » 20 Nov 2008, 23:54

"Just Dance" has finally cracked the top 10 on U.S. iTunes (it's at #9 right now) after having been floating around the top 100 for weeks. I'm so glad she's finally starting to really catch on. :love:
My Prerogative

Postby My Prerogative » 22 Nov 2008, 01:50

xElizabethx wrote:"Just Dance" has finally cracked the top 10 on U.S. iTunes (it's at #9 right now) after having been floating around the top 100 for weeks. I'm so glad she's finally starting to really catch on. :love:

Number 2 now! :adam:
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 22 Nov 2008, 07:56

I just saw Lady Gaga open for the New Kids on Wednesday night. She was actually the reason I went, but her set was SO short. It was like 15 minutes long... MAYBE 20.

Even still, she was amazing! She basically did most of her songs in short form, but did Poker Face and Just Dance in full. If I remember correctly she did:

Beautiful Dirty Rich, Love Game, Paparazzi, Starstruck, Pokerface, Just Dance. I think.

I was upset she didn't do Money Honey, but I didn't realize that was a Canadian-exlcusive song. I Was also pissed that "Big Girl Now" wasn't part of the New Kids show.
Jer

Pop World Goin' GaGa

Postby Jer » 02 Dec 2008, 08:38

When Christina Aguilera copies your look, you must be doing something right.

Lady GaGa, known simply as "GaGa" to friends, has become just as famous for her electro-pop musical output as she has for her gender-bending, futuristic fashion sense.

And the blogsphere exploded with chatter recently when Aguilera's appearance at the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards -- with her straight bangs, long blond hair and black outfit -- bore a strange resemblance to the new singer. Afterward, in an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Aguilera claimed she hadn't heard of her apparent muse, and went so far as to question the younger pop singer's gender.

Instead of being insulted, the 22-year-old performer took it as a compliment.

"I talk about Grace Jones and David Bowie all the time," Lady GaGa said. "And I love androgynous fashion, so she's just picking up on the Andy Warhol in me."

The past year, described by Lady GaGa as "life-changing", has seen the singer finally release her debut album, The Fame, after working as a songwriter for popular artists such as the Pussycat Dolls.

The New York Post called her "the future of pop", while others see her following in the sashaying footsteps of Madonna, Kylie Minogue and Gwen Stefani. Though her club-friendly singles such as Just Dance and Poker Face have been successful internationally -- both songs reached number one in Australia -- she keeps a special place in her heart for the Great White North.

"This is the first country that I really broke in," she said, citing a particular affinity for Canadian artists such as Toronto-area rapper -- and Konvict Muzik labelmate -- Kardinal Offishall.

"Kardinal's my buddy and my Canadian fans are wonderful."

APPEARANCE

Her appearance in Toronto included a benefit concert at Circa, with the proceeds going to support Virgin Mobile's charitable RE*Generation program. Before the show, she toured Eva's Phoenix, a youth shelter and RE*Generation partner.

"This is a really amazing, transitional place," she said of the shelter. "If I can be inspiring to them and be a part of it, that makes me feel more powerful than any of the stage drama or the flashing lights."

The Italian-American singer, born as Stefani Germanotta in Yonkers, N.Y., acquired her stage name -- a reference to the 1984 Queen hit Radio Ga Ga -- after a producer noticed her penchant for theatrics. She initially made her mark in New York's club scene, performing in a shock-art style that included lighting cans of hairspray on fire and donning a bikini top and hot pants on stage.

Since she designs most of her off-the-wall stage outfits herself, does she look this way -- with the detailed eyelashes, platinum blonde hair, and massive shoulder pads -- when she's just bumming around the house?

"I dress like this all the time," she confirms. "The way that I dress is who I am."

Despite the raunchy clothing and obvious lyrical metaphors such as "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick", the performer, apparently well-versed in modern music history, strives to present pop music as something more than just lowbrow fluff.

Much has been made about how she found fame the old-fashioned way -- not the American Idol way -- by bombing at open-mic nights as a teenager and spending years establishing her industry contacts.

Now, she's currently writing a new album and continuing her tour, which, following her appearances in Ottawa and Toronto, touches down in Mexico this week. And even if she gets dissed by the likes of Aguilera, Lady GaGa chooses to keep it cool.

"I was a really big fan of hers growing up, and I'm not offended by anything that she said," she adds. "I'm just a hard-working white girl from New York City."
desorden
Banned
Custom Title: desorden

Re: Pop World Goin' GaGa

Postby desorden » 13 Dec 2008, 17:06

amazing, she deserves the success she's been experiecing :)
Anja Aloud
Custom Title: R.I.P. MJ

Postby Anja Aloud » 13 Dec 2008, 20:32

I love Poker Face! :love: I used to love Just Dance, too, but I listened to it too much, LOLZ, and now I'm a bit sick of that song. :despise:
mohamedvbs
Previous username(s): mohamed
Custom Title: having Spice Mania

Postby mohamedvbs » 13 Dec 2008, 21:54

poker face simply amazing,wow she's really gaga'in my life lately lol
artziboi
Custom Title: Who owns the throne

Postby artziboi » 13 Dec 2008, 22:48

Poker Face got me bit crazy of her to be honest. :p I already have a Promo Disc of the song and Can't stop listening to it. She has some of the worst crap on her album BUT also guite a few real growers. :D
My Prerogative

Re: Pop World Goin' GaGa

Postby My Prerogative » 17 Dec 2008, 07:11

Nice article!

Return to “Music”