Katy Perry

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Re: Katy Perry

Postby Stas » 03 Feb 2015, 11:45

It was obviously pre-recorded, at least first three songs, even Bruno Mars wrote something nasty (lip syncing) about her on Twitter. No wonder they would not give her a Grammy. Although she writes hit songs, but she's one of the worst singers out there at the moment and apparently she can't even dance. The show was very nice though.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 03 Feb 2015, 18:48

Everybody tends to mime at the Superbowl though.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 03 Feb 2015, 22:54

I've still not got around to seeing the show, but lol at the "Left shark" thing.

Image Image
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 03 Feb 2015, 23:07

I think criticizing her for not singing live is a bit harsh. I'm not a Katy Perry fan, so I can't speak for her live vocal abilities, but as much of a technical spectacle the halftime show is, I really don't think it's practical at all to sing live. I feel like there's just too much risk with so much going on and it wouldn't surprise me if the artists actually weren't allowed to go completely live.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 04 Feb 2015, 00:54

Is the shark dancing to La Macarena? :D
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 04 Feb 2015, 23:48

IER wrote:Is the shark dancing to La Macarena? :D

OMG it looks like it
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
forever_spice_boy01
Custom Title: i like boys

Postby forever_spice_boy01 » 04 Feb 2015, 23:56

Stas wrote:It was obviously pre-recorded, at least first three songs, even Bruno Mars wrote something nasty (lip syncing) about her on Twitter. No wonder they would not give her a Grammy. Although she writes hit songs, but she's one of the worst singers out there at the moment and apparently she can't even dance. The show was very nice though.

you don't have to sing to get a grammy lol
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 05 Feb 2015, 01:18

Yeah, just look at Britney :angel:

:p

I can see Katy winning a GRAMMY this year though, unless Taylor Swift is nominated in the same categories, I can see her winning them all :death:
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 05 Feb 2015, 03:43

I don't know why but for me it was a boring performance. I guess it is because I don't like any of the Katy's songs.
forever_spice_boy01
Custom Title: i like boys

Postby forever_spice_boy01 » 05 Feb 2015, 07:55

VodkaMouth wrote:Yeah, just look at Britney :angel:

:p

I can see Katy winning a GRAMMY this year though, unless Taylor Swift is nominated in the same categories, I can see her winning them all :death:

i just meant it as she'd get a grammy for her songwriting abilities because most grammy winners are not singers lol i'm kinda surprised she hasn't won one yet
Melancholie

Postby Melancholie » 05 Feb 2015, 10:59

If Taylor Swift got a Grammy, then Katy should as well. Both are terrible vocalists, both write their own lyrics.
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 06 Feb 2015, 02:03

^ I'm not a massive Katy fan, but I do really like many of her songs. Taylor Swift, on the other hand... :death:
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 06 Feb 2015, 13:51

... made the best album of 2014. :cool:
Javi

Postby Javi » 06 Feb 2015, 14:03

...if you only count pop records released by american blonde female artists. :devil:
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 06 Feb 2015, 14:13

I don't listen to music by anyone outside of that description! :adam: :p
Javi

Postby Javi » 06 Feb 2015, 14:57

The non-american ex-blonde from your avatar will be jealous. :D
2Old2Go

Postby 2Old2Go » 07 Feb 2015, 10:55

Taylor Swift is the worst thing to happen to music since... she's so bad I can't even come up with a good reference! She's awful!
Rebellion
Custom Title: Work bitch

Postby Rebellion » 09 Feb 2015, 14:39

2Old2Go wrote:Taylor Swift is the worst thing to happen to music since... she's so bad I can't even come up with a good reference! She's awful!

Amen!
Bitch get off my pole!
FiaSpice

Postby FiaSpice » 09 Feb 2015, 17:06

Is this a Katy Perry topic or a "bash Taylor Swift" topic. I like both, they are not top notch technical signer, but they both have enjoyable songs and they sign well.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 09 Feb 2015, 17:34

Katy's new single is good, but she sounds absolutely horrendous live. Why does she choose songs that don't fit in with her 'vocals'? Leave the ballads alone.
rusty_nail

Postby rusty_nail » 09 Feb 2015, 17:50

I thought it sounded pretty clear that Katy was singing live on top of her studio vocals at the Superbowl. The studio vocals may have been dominant...but I really think she was out there singing.

NOTHING in the Twitter age impresses people. I've thought all the Superbowl shows for the past few years have been fantastic...the very height of the spectacle. You can't beat the production quality of these things...and they're completely set up during *a commercial break*. I'm not a huge Katy Perry defender...I don't really consider myself a fan...but it's not just about HER. The entire production was amazing.

I do think it's tougher on current artists...just because there's literally no one out there who isn't hated as much as they're loved. Case in point...everyone's scrutinizing Katy for lip-syncing when she was actually singing live, while the nostalgia act, Missy Elliot, got a 100% free pass from everyone despite performing to her album tracks. That's not a knock on Missy. They did what was best for the production as a whole...and I *adore* her. But it's a true observation.
FiaSpice

Postby FiaSpice » 09 Feb 2015, 18:17

rusty_nail wrote:I thought it sounded pretty clear that Katy was singing live on top of her studio vocals at the Superbowl. The studio vocals may have been dominant...but I really think she was out there singing.

NOTHING in the Twitter age impresses people. I've thought all the Superbowl shows for the past few years have been fantastic...the very height of the spectacle. You can't beat the production quality of these things...and they're completely set up during *a commercial break*. I'm not a huge Katy Perry defender...I don't really consider myself a fan...but it's not just about HER. The entire production was amazing.

I do think it's tougher on current artists...just because there's literally no one out there who isn't hated as much as they're loved. Case in point...everyone's scrutinizing Katy for lip-syncing when she was actually singing live, while the nostalgia act, Missy Elliot, got a 100% free pass from everyone despite performing to her album tracks. That's not a knock on Missy. They did what was best for the production as a whole...and I *adore* her. But it's a true observation.

I was asthounded they set up that fast. When they came back from the break I tought there would be a chat about the players and stuff, no, Katy was on.

I saw her last summer for the Prismartic tour. I was close enough to the Catwalk to hear her "for real" (not trough the speakers) that she was really signing good.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 21 Feb 2015, 17:13

Kinda new to Katy Perry`s music/work...

Has any of her live tours been filmed and released/aired?
I`m watching the Part of Me movie now, but I want to watch a complete show without extra footage etc between songs.
Any tips? I am currently downloading a file called "Live @ U-Express" not sure what it is...

I`ve been asked to work at her Oslo show on March 20. Most probably behind the stage/scenes, but I`m pretty sure I`ll get to watch some of her show as well.
So I need to learn/see more of her so that I can enjoy the night! lol!
Dont get me wrong, I have always liked her persona and character cause I`ve seen a lot interviews with her, but just never really examined her work. ;)

So, what do I need to watch? (yes, I`ve seen her Super Bowl performance and it was AWESOME!!)
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 21 Feb 2015, 17:40

Katy Perry live at Radio 1's Big Weekend 2014 was enjoyable!
Dom

Postby Dom » 21 Feb 2015, 18:44

She performed an edited version of the California Dreams tour for Rock In Rio 2011, which was broadcast live. Full version is on YouTube.

Return to “Music”