Sugababes

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Alberto!

Re: Sugababes

Postby Alberto! » 26 Dec 2016, 17:55

GZ10 wrote:How does one get approved on MM?

Yeah exactly. I can log in but then it says:

'Alberto!, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.'
-Raul-

Postby -Raul- » 26 Dec 2016, 19:34

I did this cover wayyyy back when they were a thing lol

icecream

Postby icecream » 26 Dec 2016, 21:29

See i can imagine the name Sugababes in the middle of the picture like the font TIMW cover. Maybe a white background or coloured background.

Im curious to know as MKS performs the songs live why didnt Polydor release the songs officially digitally example itunes/amazon they dont have nothing to lose and it would be nice to have the songs in HQ quality.

Unless Polydor may release in future when they make a comeback. As some labels do this they wait till artists are out and then release the music.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 27 Dec 2016, 00:53

^Some of them have been given to other artists, partially or in whole, apparently.

Labels usually holds on to them for future use. And as mentioned earlier most of the songs of MKS were still on demo-stage. I doubt the label would want to release unfinished material for a marginal profit if they can give it to other artists and make a better profit at a later stage.
SourSpice

Postby SourSpice » 27 Dec 2016, 01:36

Yeah, like 'Summer of 99' was allegedly offered to Little Mix - obviously we don't know how true that is but it's not entirely hard to believe.
Dom

Postby Dom » 27 Dec 2016, 02:09

We only know for sure that one of the tracks have been given away, which was the backing track for Too In Love (which is now James Arthur's Get Down). Get Down was released on his debut album in 2013.

I'm not a member of that Facebook group, but I'm reading more clips are leaking...?
icecream

Postby icecream » 27 Dec 2016, 02:20

Andreas wrote:^Some of them have been given to other artists, partially or in whole, apparently.

Labels usually holds on to them for future use. And as mentioned earlier most of the songs of MKS were still on demo-stage. I doubt the label would want to release unfinished material for a marginal profit if they can give it to other artists and make a better profit at a later stage.

I remember when they said the album is complete. So there must be full completed album atleast. That is not including the cover songs they did.

They must have atleast minimum 12 full finished tracks. As they beed recording since 2011. They may have recorded about 30 demos. But when it comes to finished studio tracks they should have around 12 minimum.
Dom

Postby Dom » 27 Dec 2016, 02:26

icecream wrote:
Andreas wrote:^Some of them have been given to other artists, partially or in whole, apparently.

I remember when they said the album is complete. So there must be full completed album atleast. That is not including the cover songs they did.

They must have atleast minimum 12 full finished tracks. As they beed recording since 2011. They may have recorded about 30 demos. But when it comes to finished studio tracks they should have around 12 minimum.

A tracklisting was never finalised, neither were any of the tracks apart from Flatline.

I mean, you can clearly tell these leaks are demos without someone confirming this.
Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 27 Dec 2016, 02:53

This is a really nice read:

Source: https://www.muumuse.com/2016/12/mks-sugababes-unreleased-album.html/

Call it women’s intuition or maybe telepathy — or the spiteful work of Heidi Range — but a large chunk of unreleased songs from the Mutya Keisha Siobhan vaults (AKA MKS, AKA Sugababes 1.0, AKA Origibabes…) came drifting down in front of our digital doors like a gleaming pile of freshly laid snow upon on Christmas Day yesterday.

Merry MKSmas, indeed.

Over the past few years, a few of the trio’s early sessions have already squeezed out from the archives, including the Ahmad-sampling “Back In The Day,” which dropped last year, and the highly anticipated “Boys,” which came just weeks ago.

As of now, there are seven previously unreleased MKS tracks in total: “Today,” “Love In Stereo,” “No Regrets,” “Summer of ’99,” “Too In Love,” “I’m Alright” and “Drum.” (You can listen to all of them over here streaming at the moment — I’m not hosting those files myself because I certainly don’t need Queen Mutya coming for me.)

Together with “Back In The Day,” “Flatline,” “Boys,” “Burnt Out” (which Tom Aspaul wisely went and saved for himself), their semi-cover of Kendrick Lamar in “Lay Down In Swimming Pools” and their previously live acoustic-only and still gorgeous “No Regrets,” we’ve got a complete MKS record; a bittersweet gift given the dubious status of the group’s alleged 2017 comeback.

The leaks highlight the myriad reasons that the Sugababes succeeded for so many years since “Overload” in all (well, most) of their incarnations: those impeccable heaven-sent melodies, the well above-average songwriting, their effortless genre-hopping ability, that deep-rooted emotion generated by a troupe that really did sound destined to sing together. It’s magic.

There are certain tracks — from the surprisingly rock-edged “Summer of ’99,” which feels like a nostalgic sequel to “About You Now,” to instant fan favorite “Drum,” a dizzying dance jam that sounds like something M.I.A. or Diplo might have cooked up with the girls — that are almost maddening: this sounds like the future of adult girl group pop, and these three were (are?) certainly the ones to blaze that trail.

They’re all top-notch tracks in various levels of finish: the MNEK-produced, drum and bass-infused “Today” deserves far more than “leaked demo” status (“feelings of yesterday, I can see them floating away…“), as does the tripping brilliance of resilience anthem “I’m Alright” and the ’80s retro-electro nod of “Love In Stereo.”

And, of course, the Dev Hynes-produced “Flatline” remains the Best Song of 2013 — and still perfect today.

The pop landscape for Western girl groups is especially bleak: All Saints, despite dropping a fantastic record earlier this year, are barely registering as a blip on the radar. Little Mix may very well be the sole remaining troupe in 2017 — and good luck booking that stage you speak of, Camila Cabello.

This leak could not be more necessary to prove that good, timeless girl group pop does still exist. Just…in a vault, somewhere, waiting to be freed by some overly trusting intern. Or Heidi.

It’s unclear whether the Suga-spillage will push the group’s management to make the move to release a follow-up in early 2017 or scrap the whole thing entirely, but one thing’s certain: MKS — the Sugababes, whatever they’re calling themselves now — are the best girl group still in existence today…if they still want to be.

This is all so so true! I hope they smash it next year!
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 27 Dec 2016, 06:22

Alberto! wrote:

'Alberto!, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.'

My approval took several months.
Alberto!

Postby Alberto! » 27 Dec 2016, 12:12

BootyliciousJosh wrote:
Alberto! wrote:

My approval took several months.

I know, but this is the message that's come up for the last solid year...
Melancholie

Postby Melancholie » 27 Dec 2016, 17:40

I was accepted on MM but I can never save the link and end up never going there.
Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 27 Dec 2016, 18:29

PM me if you are looking
Dom

Postby Dom » 27 Dec 2016, 18:36

I had no idea Back In The Day had a sample. The "back in the day when I was young, I'm not a kid anymore but somedays I sit and wish I was a kid again" part is lifted from a song by Ahmad of the same name. Mariah also sampled this song on Candy Bling, but with slightly amended lyrics.

According to a member on Pop Justice, MKS may have not got clearance for it.
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 27 Dec 2016, 23:10

The leaked tracks are amazing :love: they'd have slayed with this album :shrug:
guibonetto

Postby guibonetto » 28 Dec 2016, 02:37

Where can I get them?
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 28 Dec 2016, 08:10

lol
Last edited by The Spice Girls on 28 Dec 2016, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
guibonetto

Postby guibonetto » 28 Dec 2016, 11:23

The Spice Girls wrote:
Mr.X wrote:PM me if you are looking

Hiya, got a link to a leaked MKS album by any chance;)?

Thanks!

I want it too, please!!
Rocky

Postby Rocky » 28 Dec 2016, 14:02

They are on YouTube. I like them...however I am happier with the Leak of Nicola Roberts - Dating
Dom

Postby Dom » 28 Dec 2016, 15:48

Dating isn't new, it's been on Soundcloud for years. :p
tommie

Postby tommie » 28 Dec 2016, 22:47

USELESS SKANK WHORE SLUT SKANK JAMS POTATO STEALS TOO IN LOVE INSTRUMENTAL

i hoep muts claws him... 2 DEATH 4 dis crime

Dom

Postby Dom » 28 Dec 2016, 23:05

It's a shame that happened, as Too In Love is probably the most classic sounding Sugababes track out of the leaks.
Dom

Postby Dom » 28 Dec 2016, 23:21

On a similar note, Tom Aspaul (who produced Burnt Out) released his version of Burnt Out in October: https://soundcloud.com/tom_aspaul/tom-aspaul-burnt-out

I would love to hear their version with this updated production.
tommie

Postby tommie » 29 Dec 2016, 10:28

so vile,,, x
eduardo_

Postby eduardo_ » 29 Dec 2016, 15:34

I always found 1.0 a bit of a yawn, but, man, there are some great gems in this leak!
Their voices blend so well, they're amazing!

Return to “Music”