Sugababes

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
icecream

Re: Sugababes

Postby icecream » 31 Dec 2016, 03:13

I really hope all of the unreleased songs do all leak so us fans can enjoy. However im so greatful we got to hear the songs that are already leaked.
Does anyone know what the track is called which they worked with Shazney Lewis All Saints with?

Im still shocked finally after all these years we have some of their unreleased tracks. Such an amazing end to the year listening to their music.

I guess we will hopefully get official music out next year. Does anyone know who their signed with? Or is it all top secret for now?
Dom

Postby Dom » 31 Dec 2016, 03:43

Boys & Only You are the only Shaznay co-writes which have been confirmed.
ohmarkayam

Postby ohmarkayam » 31 Dec 2016, 16:00

Who has them????
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 31 Dec 2016, 16:12

I'm so happy we got these awesome tracks :love: I just hope they release something next year :angel: :Angel:
geribluebell

Postby geribluebell » 01 Jan 2017, 15:10

Help with Drum Lyrics
tommie

Postby tommie » 01 Jan 2017, 15:52

tommie

Postby tommie » 01 Jan 2017, 22:55

Randomly searched BMI and I've never seen the title My Life Is:

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?bln ... ype=WorkID

Looks like a 2.0 track produced by Xenomania... I wonder if this was one of the tracks that 4.0 tried to get access to?
icecream

Postby icecream » 02 Jan 2017, 13:55

tommie wrote:Image

It doesnt let me see picture what is it?
GZ10

Postby GZ10 » 02 Jan 2017, 14:10

The only song I don't like on this project is "Too In Love" - otherwise I'm having such a hard time picking my favorite! It's between "Love In a Stereo", "Drum", or "Back In The Day"!!
Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 02 Jan 2017, 15:26

GZ10 wrote:The only song I don't like on this project is "Too In Love" - otherwise I'm having such a hard time picking my favorite! It's between "Love In a Stereo", "Drum", or "Back In The Day"!!

Boys, Love in Stereo and Drum are the best on this whole thing! Honestly, all of three are perfection and would be perfect singles! Such a wasted opportunity...

I would have gone:

Lay Down in Swimming Pools - Initial buzz single

Boys - first single
Love in Stereo - second single
Drum - third single
Flatline - final single

The fact they had to wait for fucking The Saturdays is fucking stupid. Polydor haven't done anything decent with a girl band since Girls Aloud decided to go on a break after Out of Control.

There is plenty of room for a proper girl band to be around. I like Little Mix but they are quite basic overall. All Saints are amazing of course, but they are not really registering with the mainstream crowd (although Red Flag was amazing and the whole thing went better than anyone expected to be honest).

With these songs, the girls would have totally been platformed to be in a position to please young edgy crowd, as well as appealing to young pop and more adult pop.

Shame this wasn't meant to be!
GZ10

Postby GZ10 » 02 Jan 2017, 15:57

Mr.X wrote:
GZ10 wrote:The only song I don't like on this project is "Too In Love" - otherwise I'm having such a hard time picking my favorite! It's between "Love In a Stereo", "Drum", or "Back In The Day"!!

Boys, Love in Stereo and Drum are the best on this whole thing! Honestly, all of three are perfection and would be perfect singles! Such a wasted opportunity...

I would have gone:

Lay Down in Swimming Pools - Initial buzz single

Boys - first single
Love in Stereo - second single
Drum - third single
Flatline - final single

The fact they had to wait for fucking The Saturdays is fucking stupid. Polydor haven't done anything decent with a girl band since Girls Aloud decided to go on a break after Out of Control.

There is plenty of room for a proper girl band to be around. I like Little Mix but they are quite basic overall. All Saints are amazing of course, but they are not really registering with the mainstream crowd (although Red Flag was amazing and the whole thing went better than anyone expected to be honest).

With these songs, the girls would have totally been platformed to be in a position to please young edgy crowd, as well as appealing to young pop and more adult pop.

Shame this wasn't meant to be!

Polydor has always been a crappy label if you ask me. I remember what they did with Azealia Banks when they had her signed in 2012/2013. They kept making her record more and more material because nothing was "single worthy" from her album (bull if you ask me, the album had so many potential singles), thus leading them to put out the song "ATM Jam" with Pharrell to try and get a hit with his name attached. But nope, they literally did 0 promo for the song; then dropped her shortly after lol. Azealia didn't like the song and didn't buy it from the label because after not being able to get the samples cleared, it didn't sound anywhere as good as it should've. The demo version with the samples is out there though and it makes the song miles better. Luckily for her though she was able to buy the masters from the label when she left so she could still put out her album, but still, it was all so shady on Polydor's front.
icecream

Postby icecream » 02 Jan 2017, 18:50

I read in an article summer of 99 is a little like about you now.
Either way i luv summer of 99.

I see what the person meant as in Mutya Keisha sing the leads and Siobhan the last part like about you now. Im so glad originals got to sing these songs.

I like burnt out demo aswell.

I think the least songs im listening to is too in love and love in stereo. Although i like the chorus to love i stereo i reckon it might grow on it later.

My favorite at the moment
is summer of 99, Boys,Today, Regret Drum.
Burnt out is great especially for a Demo.
Started to listen to back in the day again.

I havent listened to Flatline for a longtime.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 02 Jan 2017, 23:55

Is there a download link somewhere like it was in Geri's case or do I need to get them one by one off YouTube?
tommie

Postby tommie » 03 Jan 2017, 00:09

The Spice Girls wrote:Is there a download link somewhere like it was in Geri's case or do I need to get them one by one off YouTube?

There are download links (but I don't have them atm) :p
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 03 Jan 2017, 21:52

The Perfect Track-list :music:

1- Boys
2- Lay Down In Swimming Pool
3- Love In Stereo
4- Drum
5- Flatline
6- Today
7- No Regrets
8- I'm Alright
9- Summer Of '99
10 -Too In Love
11- Back In The Day
12- Burnt Out
Last edited by Blond Pharaoh on 03 Jan 2017, 23:38, edited 3 times in total.
ohmarkayam

Postby ohmarkayam » 03 Jan 2017, 22:57

Singles:
Boys
Summer of 99
Flatline
Love in stereo
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 03 Jan 2017, 23:36

Singles :
Boys
Drum
Love In Stereo
Flatline
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 04 Jan 2017, 20:51

i can't believe they thought there were no single material in the songs they recorded and then decided to release Flatline, the most un-catchy and boring song of the bunch...
GZ10

Postby GZ10 » 04 Jan 2017, 21:27

For singles I'd choose:

Boys
Promo single: Back In The Day
Love In Stereo
Drum
Summer of '99
Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 04 Jan 2017, 22:13

TeddyBear wrote:i can't believe they thought there were no single material in the songs they recorded and then decided to release Flatline, the most un-catchy and boring song of the bunch...

FLATLINE IS FUCKING AWESOME AND DESERVED THE SINGLE TREATMENT but I agree that it shouldn't have been the first single to launch the project :Angel:
icecream

Postby icecream » 04 Jan 2017, 22:36

Mr.X wrote:
TeddyBear wrote:i can't believe they thought there were no single material in the songs they recorded and then decided to release Flatline, the most un-catchy and boring song of the bunch...

FLATLINE IS FUCKING AWESOME AND DESERVED THE SINGLE TREATMENT but I agree that it shouldn't have been the first single to launch the project :Angel:

They should of released Boys,Today,Regret,then summer of 99 in this order as singles.

Flatline I like it but don't think its single material I don't think the video helped they should of kept it non blurry. The whole project of choosing flatline was a disaster especially when they had better songs.
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Jan 2017, 22:38

I love Flatline!

Summer of 99... eh, I don't know. It sounds too "Disney" for them? It's not a bad song, just not what I would want them to be singing.

Personally... I do love I'm Alright and think it fits nicely with Run For Cover and Stronger. Not as a first single, but as a single at one point.
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 04 Jan 2017, 22:49

Love In Stereo would have been the perfect first single and comeback .
icecream

Postby icecream » 04 Jan 2017, 22:50

I think with me and many other fans, I was just happy that they came back so in that sense when I first heard flatline I liked it and even if it wasn't single material I tried very hard to like it. But one thing because they did the Boys Accapella before flatline came out I was just hoping Boys will be next and do good.
I took flatline as a promo song as to let everyone know their out. I honestly thought the label will spend a lot of money and make Boys as a first official single.

Example look at Michael Jackson when this is it track came out the track wasn't a single material but fans were emotional attached to the song since he passed.

I think when Flatline came out I was in that happy state that sugababes are back together.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 05 Jan 2017, 12:14

I loved (and still do) 'Flatline', I think it was a great come back single. The problem wasn't the song, was the lack of support from radios. The video was terrible, tough.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.

Return to “Music”