Shania Twain

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Jer

Re: Shania Twain

Postby Jer » 17 Oct 2016, 16:29

Tiiger wrote:Don't be surprised y'all if she's launching a christmas album ...

no.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 17 Oct 2016, 19:17

SpiceWonderland wrote:Her albums are also being put out on vinyl this month!

Really?! :grin:
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 17 Oct 2016, 19:18

Jer wrote:
Tiiger wrote:Don't be surprised y'all if she's launching a christmas album ...

no.

ok.
roland_m1985

Postby roland_m1985 » 17 Oct 2016, 20:55

Tiiger wrote:
SpiceWonderland wrote:Her albums are also being put out on vinyl this month!

Really?! :grin:

That's nice. It would be awesome if they could rerelease all of her multi platinum albums and adding extra bonus material to it.
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 17 Oct 2016, 21:59

This is what I would love:

The Woman In Me - 20th Anniversary Edition

1-12. (original track listing)
13. God Bless The Child (Extended Version with Banjo)
14. You Win My Love (Mutt Lange Edit)
15. If You're Not In It For Love, I'm Outta Here! (Mutt Lange Mix)
16. Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under (Dance Mix)
17. (If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here! (Dance Mix)
18. Any Many Of Mine (Steel Guitarless Mix)
19. The Woman In Me Needs the Man In You (International Acoustic Edit)

Also, there were a bunch of leftover recorded tracks for her debut "Shania Twain" album, so they could always extend that one, too. Come On Over already had a ton of releases, and I highly doubt there's any leftover material. They'd have to package it with a remix album, same with Up. I already complained about it, but SO many of Shania's alternate versions and remixes have yet to join the digital age (i.e. hard to get legitimately).
SourSpice

Postby SourSpice » 18 Oct 2016, 00:20

Looks like Shania's actually going to the CMTs! It's on a Thursday, and she said she's excited for it - she said to tune in and put a little side eye emoji.

Is it too much of a reach to suspect there's actually a single coming this week?
Jer

Postby Jer » 27 Oct 2016, 20:19

Something is definitely happening. I suspect shes either announcing another tour, a vegas stint or launching a new single.
Jer

Postby Jer » 27 Oct 2016, 20:22

Shania Twain on 'New Musical Chapter': The Ram Report
Icon tells us new album is "coming out really soon" and explains how she chose producers

It's been 14 years since Shania Twain released an album of new material, the 2002 double-disc Up. And judging by our conversation with her at last week's CMT Artists of the Year event, the wait won't be much longer.

"I have new music coming out really soon, and I'm very excited about it," she told Rolling Stone Country on the red carpet. "There will be a new musical chapter."
She went on to explain that the upcoming album is her most diverse yet. That's a big statement, considering Twain is the biggest crossover success in country music history.
The superstar's new music has been in the works for several years but has hit a few roadblocks along the way. First, she had to have surgery to repair vocal cord damage caused by dysphonia. She also had to find a new producer, as all of her past albums were produced by her now ex-husband, Mutt Lange.

Twain told us last year she's working with "a couple producers," one of whom we now know is Jake Gosling, a British songwriter/producer best known for his work with Ed Sheeran, James Bay and One Direction, among many other acts. Twain's strategy in finding the right producers went way beyond Nashville's borders and instead focused on her personal tastes: "OK, who is responsible for that song that I love, or who is responsible for this record that I love or that sound that I love?" she told us of her thought process when approaching potential collaborators. "I'm narrowing it down that way, as opposed to by genre."
There's no word yet on when we'll hear the first single from the icon's long-awaited project.

- Rolling Stone
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 29 Oct 2016, 11:38

Please, no more Vegas. She needs to tour with the new album - all over the world.

I wish she was working with Max Martin and Shellback, I know they would make magic together.
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 30 Oct 2016, 04:35

Jer wrote:Shania Twain on 'New Musical Chapter': The Ram Report
Icon tells us new album is "coming out really soon" and explains how she chose producers

It's been 14 years since Shania Twain released an album of new material, the 2002 double-disc Up. And judging by our conversation with her at last week's CMT Artists of the Year event, the wait won't be much longer.

"I have new music coming out really soon, and I'm very excited about it," she told Rolling Stone Country on the red carpet. "There will be a new musical chapter."
She went on to explain that the upcoming album is her most diverse yet. That's a big statement, considering Twain is the biggest crossover success in country music history.
The superstar's new music has been in the works for several years but has hit a few roadblocks along the way. First, she had to have surgery to repair vocal cord damage caused by dysphonia. She also had to find a new producer, as all of her past albums were produced by her now ex-husband, Mutt Lange.

Twain told us last year she's working with "a couple producers," one of whom we now know is Jake Gosling, a British songwriter/producer best known for his work with Ed Sheeran, James Bay and One Direction, among many other acts. Twain's strategy in finding the right producers went way beyond Nashville's borders and instead focused on her personal tastes: "OK, who is responsible for that song that I love, or who is responsible for this record that I love or that sound that I love?" she told us of her thought process when approaching potential collaborators. "I'm narrowing it down that way, as opposed to by genre."
There's no word yet on when we'll hear the first single from the icon's long-awaited project.

- Rolling Stone

She said the release of her album is imminent several years ago. She is slower than Geri.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 04 Nov 2016, 21:42

Come On Over was released on 4th of November in 1997. Happy 19th birthday to best selling album of a female artist EVER! :love:

What's everyone's favourite song from this album?
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Nov 2016, 21:59

Hopefully Adele's 21 will pass this soon x
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 04 Nov 2016, 22:02

^ If you're not in here for love - GET OUTTA HERE!
eduardo_

Postby eduardo_ » 04 Nov 2016, 22:03

Tiiger wrote:
Come On Over was released on 4th of November in 1997. Happy 19th birthday to best selling album of a female artist EVER! :love:

What's everyone's favourite song from this album?

It's hard to pick only one, but I'd say my favourite is "When".

And I wish more artists would release the huge amuount of singles she did with this album.
12 songs released from one single record is simply amazing *-*
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Nov 2016, 22:04

* (If You're Not In Here) For Love (Get Outta Here!)
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 05 Nov 2016, 19:22

^That one's from The Woman In Me. My favourite from Come On Over would have to be Whatever You Do, Don't. Also, iTunes has been cleaning out her library. All of the bootlegs are gone and an EP (with live tracks) of Party For Two was added.
HermeSpice
Custom Title: Hot n Cold

Postby HermeSpice » 06 Dec 2016, 18:21

That's a fabulous article. And she deserves all the praise
Jer

Postby Jer » 07 Dec 2016, 01:47

So it sounds like this album is FINALLY finished. Interesting that she has worked with Matthew Koma.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 12 Dec 2016, 20:37

Got these today, I'm over the moon excited! They are perfect. Now I only wish to have the second edition of 'Come On Over' on vinyl too.
Jer

Postby Jer » 12 Dec 2016, 23:48

Tiiger wrote:Got these today, I'm over the moon excited! They are perfect. Now I only wish to have the second edition of 'Come On Over' on vinyl too.

Still such a fan of her Shania Twain and The Woman in Me Covers :inlove:
HermeSpice
Custom Title: Hot n Cold

Postby HermeSpice » 13 Dec 2016, 00:33

I thought the come on over cover was different. Well. Mine is ..
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 13 Dec 2016, 09:43

HermeSpice wrote:I thought the come on over cover was different. Well. Mine is ..

The other cover was for the international version.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 13 Dec 2016, 18:30

Jer wrote:
Tiiger wrote:Got these today, I'm over the moon excited! They are perfect. Now I only wish to have the second edition of 'Come On Over' on vinyl too.

Still such a fan of her Shania Twain and The Woman in Me Covers :inlove:

Agree. Can we talk about the Up! cover though? Is it even her? I never liked it.

The second edition is far better (once again...):

Return to “Music”