Loreen

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Hannes84
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Re: Loreen

Postby Hannes84 » 30 Aug 2016, 11:29

So anyone heard her three new singles Paper Light & Paper Light revisited, I'm In It With You and Under Ytan? All amazing. She performed Nothing Compares To You cover last night at Notes for Peace concert in Sweden (check YT) and wow... Amazing.

Apparently she has had some disagreements with her label, Warner Music, and that's why she's taken so long to release another album. I truly believe she is one of the best artists around these days, very creative and truly talented. I hope the new album will come out soon.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 07 Sep 2016, 09:28

Loreen got very negative press this week in Finland. According to the two biggest tabloid papers, she had let down her fans and betrayed them by performing only one song during an official Eurovision cruise party. The organizer claims she was supposed to perform a 30-40 minute set, but instead only did Euphoria and left - leaving fans angry and disappointed. She has been called many names by the organizer and by the Finnish press. Diva, betrayer, selfish, even greedy. The party organizers plan on suing her due to breaching her contract.

Yesterday her PR-person released a statement stating she had only been signed up to do one song, and one song only. They said they were sorry if the organizer mislead Loreen's fans by letting them think she'd stick around for 30 minutes. They also released the full contract, in which it was very clearly defined that she would be performing one song: Euphoria.

The yellow press did correct themselves after the news from Loreen's team, but still called her a diva and a betrayer.

I feel it's such a shame that her name now has been perma-stained in Finland, as it was her biggest market. Of course nobody will care about the true nature of what really was agreed - only the headlines. I've met her and seen her live, and like so many others, I also know that she is the sweetest, nicest and most humble artist you can ever meet. She would never ever act like a diva. On stage, sure, as it is part of the act during some shows. But after the show - no.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 07 Sep 2016, 09:56

Anyways, here are some of her latest performances and songs:

Paper Light (Higher) -Pop version with the Revisited Version breakdown featuring Kazaky

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Paper Light Revisited Official Music Video 2015 - This is actually the original version of the song. Her label, Warner Music didn't approve, so they changed it to a pop version, instead. After the song failed to chart in most countries, Loreen got her way and released the "Revisited" version. This also did not chart. Beyonce actually wanted to put this song on her album, but Loreen refused to let her take it. As she put it, "We gave her a humble big fat no".

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I'm In It With You 2015

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Nothing Compares to You (Prince cover, live at Notes for Peace) 27th of August, 2016

Last edited by Hannes84 on 14 Sep 2016, 07:48, edited 1 time in total.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 09 Sep 2016, 09:54

Finnish press is the worst. I for one care if organisers fuck things up. It happened to me before several times and it's not an artist's fault.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 12 Sep 2016, 11:10

Stas wrote:Finnish press is the worst. I for one care if organisers fuck things up. It happened to me before several times and it's not an artist's fault.

Yep. And despite Loreen's PR-person releasing the full contract which proves she was only told to perform ONE song, the OGAE Finland page still calls her a drama queen and blames her for ruining the night. They've not issued any kind of statement nor apology. I hope she sues them.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 13 Sep 2016, 17:57

I think the original version of "Paper Light (Higher)" is MUCH better than the Revisited one. They made a good choice there!
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 14 Sep 2016, 07:49

Tiiger wrote:I think the original version of "Paper Light (Higher)" is MUCH better than the Revisited one. They made a good choice there!

I agree. Many fans were upset when she released a music video for the Revisited one. It's not a bad track, just sounds unfinished and is way too repetitive. The pop version that was performed live is much better.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 19 Sep 2016, 06:39

New single coming next Friday, 23rd. Some raw versions of the track have already been leaked but they're only demos and do not sound that great, so I'll just wait till the official release till I post it here :)
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 03 Nov 2016, 13:32

So, that new song got released. You can listen to both versions on Spotify (original and 1994 version - whateverthefuck that is all about). I can't really say I like it, other than for her vocals and I'm glad she's just a feature artist. Still nothing on new album, no new performances.. Just pics on her instagram in the studio. God only knows if we'll ever actually get to hear any of it. The beef she has with her label, and the continuing postponing of the album certainly does make things look dim but here's to hoping something will come through and she'll actually promote the music, as it deserves.

On the upside, she is the most successful artist to ever win Eurovision Song Contest. Her album was released over 4 years ago, but the winning song is still on iTunes and Spotify charts in many countries. She cracks the top 30 in several countries every now and then, and Euphoria is probably one of the longest running chart entry in this digital age; it simply refuses to die off. Kinda funny when you compare her chart positions to bigger, more known artists. She beats them hands down. Justin Bieber, Gaga, and Beyonce have their #1 run for a while but then disappear off the charts. Loreen is still up n down after 4 years but steadily in the top 100. Such a crazy thing.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 01 Dec 2016, 19:43

Loreen enters Melodifestivalen (Swedish pre-selection for Eurovision) for a 3rd time in 2017. Song is called 'Statements' and is written by Loreen, Anton Hård af Segerstad, Joy Deb and Linnea Deb. The co-writing trio already won the Eurovision Song Contest for Sweden in 2015 with 'Heroes' and Måns Zelmerlöw. :love:
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 08 Dec 2016, 15:13

Tiiger wrote:Loreen enters Melodifestivalen (Swedish pre-selection for Eurovision) for a 3rd time in 2017. Song is called 'Statements' and is written by Loreen, Anton Hård af Segerstad, Joy Deb and Linnea Deb. The co-writing trio already won the Eurovision Song Contest for Sweden in 2015 with 'Heroes' and Måns Zelmerlöw. :love:

Any idea when we'lll hear a preview of the song? I have a feeling (judging from the pics) it will be a ballad.
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 08 Dec 2016, 20:14

Hannes84 wrote:
Tiiger wrote:Loreen enters Melodifestivalen (Swedish pre-selection for Eurovision) for a 3rd time in 2017. Song is called 'Statements' and is written by Loreen, Anton Hård af Segerstad, Joy Deb and Linnea Deb. The co-writing trio already won the Eurovision Song Contest for Sweden in 2015 with 'Heroes' and Måns Zelmerlöw. :love:

Any idea when we'lll hear a preview of the song? I have a feeling (judging from the pics) it will be a ballad.

Last week of February.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 10 Feb 2017, 16:55

Snippet from the upcoming new album

Apparently the whole album will be punk/rock/grunge, and possibly hip hop. With all honesty, I am not a big fan of her decision, although I am a huge fan of hers. The problem is simply that this genre doesn't do her amazing voice any justice. I understand her need to evolve and try new things, but at the same time, the fan side of me says WTF is this and wants to punch her on the boob. Very similar to what P!nk did after she left LA Reid. If you listen to Can't Take Me Home and compare her vocals to the songs she is currently performing, there's a major difference; she sounds AMAZING on her first record, and then just OK with the later ones. Not to say that the songs were all that good, but her vocal abilities really got a chance to shine on that album. So, I'm kinda torn.
blink4rosie

Postby blink4rosie » 11 Feb 2017, 13:38

The stuff we've heard like Jupiter Drive, I'm In It With You, So Good It Hurts and Rise all sound fantastic. I heard she did some sessions with Tortuga but they weren't that great :(
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 11 Feb 2017, 21:34

blink4rosie wrote:The stuff we've heard like Jupiter Drive, I'm In It With You, So Good It Hurts and Rise all sound fantastic. I heard she did some sessions with Tortuga but they weren't that great :(

I'm in it with you was a single. but none of those will be on the album :(
blink4rosie

Postby blink4rosie » 11 Feb 2017, 21:41

Hannes84 wrote:
blink4rosie wrote:The stuff we've heard like Jupiter Drive, I'm In It With You, So Good It Hurts and Rise all sound fantastic. I heard she did some sessions with Tortuga but they weren't that great :(

Changing musical direction like that only after 1 album will be career suicide in my eyes (she's not Madonna); Loreen built up her fanbase and the dark synthpop of Heal... this supposed directional change would alienate those fans. The sessions with Tortuga were very synthscape driven.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 11 Feb 2017, 21:47

blink4rosie wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:

Changing musical direction like that only after 1 album will be career suicide in my eyes (she's not Madonna); Loreen built up her fanbase and the dark synthpop of Heal... this supposed directional change would alienate those fans. The sessions with Tortuga were very synthscape driven.

She's no Madonna but she can sings better than Madonna lol. IDK she has a cult-following, I'm sure she'll be fine. I'm meeting her soon in person so very excited!
blink4rosie

Postby blink4rosie » 11 Feb 2017, 21:51

Hannes84 wrote:
blink4rosie wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:

She's no Madonna but she can sings better than Madonna lol. IDK she has a cult-following, I'm sure she'll be fine. I'm meeting her soon in person so very excited!

I was making the Madonna comparison as she can change any genre and everyone will follow her. Would the Loreen fans really stick with rock punk hiphop?
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 12 Feb 2017, 10:03

blink4rosie wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:
blink4rosie wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:I'm in it with you was a single. but none of those will be on the album :(

I was making the Madonna comparison as she can change any genre and everyone will follow her. Would the Loreen fans really stick with rock punk hiphop?

She has a cult following of fans, who will love anything she decides to release. But she hasn't had a proper hit since Euphoria. Still, everyone KNOWS her album tracks like My Heart is Refusing Me or In My Head. The problem is that she hasn't had the right kind of promotion and the songs on Heal are nothing like Euphoria. The fans that she calls warriors, will love anything at all from her. But I don't see this album being succesful in terms of sales.
Last edited by Hannes84 on 13 Feb 2017, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
blink4rosie

Postby blink4rosie » 12 Feb 2017, 16:25

Either way I'm excited for new material. This track is a new song and was featured in a fashion show only days ago. Do you have any info on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLkfT5yPrnA
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 13 Feb 2017, 11:47

blink4rosie wrote:Either way I'm excited for new material. This track is a new song and was featured in a fashion show only days ago. Do you have any info on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLkfT5yPrnA

None so far. All I know is that she has stated the album will be rock/grunge music and that's that. Jupiter Drive & Dumpster most likely will not be included on the album, like Paper Light and I'm In It With You will not. I'm meeting her in person after melodifestivalen (when she's less busy and has time to sit down and talk), so I will make sure to ask what is going on. Obviously, she won't be able to tell me much but as you said, it's not a good move to change your direction like that. Nobody is expecting Euphoria part 2, but the pop/r&b/dance music is what she is known for, so I think rock will turn away many potential fans. This album will define whether she'll be remembered as the singer of Euphoria, or as a multi-talented artist that she is.

Heal did not do well anywhere but Sweden. Even the singles off the album didn't do well at all, not even in Sweden. This was suprising but I guess expected at the same time, as none of the tracks on the album sounded like Euphoria (which is not even on my top 10 of Loreen tracks). She was hanging by a thread with Warner Music at that stage, and by the time Paper Light came out it was obvious she got kicked out. She has a very small but very loyal fanbase, but if this album does not go anywhere, she is done. And I've come to the conclusion, that this is the main reason why it took her so long to record it anyway. She kept promising an album every year since 2014, but it never happened. She's worried and using Melodifestivalen as a free promo to launch her album. I just really hope it will do well, whether it fits my musical taste or not.
blink4rosie

Postby blink4rosie » 23 Feb 2017, 18:08

Loreen confirmed the previous singles will be on the new album AND a clip of Statements can be heard here...

http://www.svt.se/melodifestivalen/lyssna-pa-en-minut-av-bidragen-i-deltavling-fyra-i-melodifestivalen-2017

NEW Promo shots too
blink4rosie

Postby blink4rosie » 23 Feb 2017, 19:04

and a 30 second video of the rehearsal has been posted!

http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/12538338/sm ... statements
Aaron

Postby Aaron » 26 Feb 2017, 06:17

Poor Lauren.
Eurovision Winner to 3rd or even 4th place in her heat...
http://twitter.com/AaronCorbin - FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
tommie

Postby tommie » 26 Feb 2017, 10:15

Pretty blah entry and she tried to re-heat success. Good riddance!

I think Nano with Hold On is going to win and deservedly so.

Return to “Music”