The Spice Girls Story: Viva Forever! Documentary

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
spicebrits

The Spice Girls Story: Viva Forever! Documentary

Postby spicebrits » 30 Nov 2012, 17:30

The Spice Girls Story: Viva Forever! is a documentary which takes a look back at the success of The Spice Girls

The Spice Girls Story: Viva Forever!
Classification: Documentary
Genre: Celebrities | Music
Network: ITV1 ( United Kingdom)
Airs: Mondays at 09:00 pm
Runtime: 90 Minutes
Premiere: December 24, 2012

http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-33656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sammy01

Re: The Spice Girls Story: Viva Forever!

Postby sammy01 » 30 Nov 2012, 17:38

I already posted it would be xmas eve in Emma's forum but was waiting for it to be confirmed. Should get big ratings as it is straight after Corrie which will be setting up their big dramatic storyline for xmas day. Will mean it misses gaining sales as xmas presents though for the GH.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 30 Nov 2012, 17:47

Least its not New Years eve like the last one, That really was the dumbest move by the BBC.
Gonnabe

Postby Gonnabe » 30 Nov 2012, 17:48

That is awesome not like giving you everything which was like 60 minutes. We're talking about 11 years of spice you can't do that in 60 minutes (about GYE which was released in 2007) I'm glad about the new documentary!!!
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 30 Nov 2012, 17:50

Hopefully will be good, and people could still download on iTunes after the programme, so the GHs will get a nice boost.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 30 Nov 2012, 17:52

Gonnabe wrote:That is awesome not like giving you everything which was like 60 minutes. We're talking about 11 years of spice you can't do that in 60 minutes (about GYE which was released in 2007) I'm glad about the new documentary!!!

That 90 minutes probaly includes ad breaks though so it probaly will be like 70 - 80 minutes in full.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 30 Nov 2012, 17:53

mel2vicem wrote:Hopefully will be good, and people could still download on iTunes after the programme, so the GHs will get a nice boost.

Well the week after Xmas sales fall away hugely, so if it gets a boost from xmas eve through to Jan it could re-chart pretty highly.
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 30 Nov 2012, 18:01

I can't wait to watch this! Hopefully it will be better than "Giving You Everything". Not that I didn't like that one, but the only worthy bits were the ones with the backstage footage in my opinion.
PopIsHot
Custom Title: Hotter Now

Postby PopIsHot » 30 Nov 2012, 18:01

At least its longer but ughhh! I don't think I could watch this right away because of my Christmas vacation!
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 30 Nov 2012, 18:06

Can't wait! Giving You Everything was dull and boring, apart from the backstage footage, this one will hopefully be far more interesting and entertaining.
Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » 30 Nov 2012, 18:15

VodkaMouth wrote:I can't wait to watch this! Hopefully it will be better than "Giving You Everything". Not that I didn't like that one, but the only worthy bits were the ones with the backstage footage in my opinion.

Agreed. I'm looking forward to see rare footage and their mom's interviews. The way the story was told and the interviews in GYE were very uninteresting...
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 30 Nov 2012, 18:18

I haven't really been following this, what will this docu cover? Is it about the musical? The SGs as a band?
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 30 Nov 2012, 18:29

Narrator wrote:I haven't really been following this, what will this docu cover? Is it about the musical? The SGs as a band?

There's been a couple of different descriptions. One said it'd follow the girls around while they prepare for the premiere of the musical, another said it'd focus on their story and success in their heyday, then there was an article that mentioned interviews with their mothers. I guess it's a bit of a look back on their career as a group, the impact their fame had on their families and some backstage footage of the Viva Forever launch in June, the Olympics reunion and the musical premiere.
Narrator

Postby Narrator » 30 Nov 2012, 18:39

TheBiatches wrote:
Narrator wrote:I haven't really been following this, what will this docu cover? Is it about the musical? The SGs as a band?

There's been a couple of different descriptions. One said it'd follow the girls around while they prepare for the premiere of the musical, another said it'd focus on their story and success in their heyday, then there was an article that mentioned interviews with their mothers. I guess it's a bit of a look back on their career as a group, the impact their fame had on their families and some backstage footage of the Viva Forever launch in June, the Olympics reunion and the musical premiere.

Woo, I'm curious to see it then! I hope there's a lot of backstage stuff at the Olympics and some interesting bits about the musical.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 30 Nov 2012, 18:44

Narrator wrote:
TheBiatches wrote:

Woo, I'm curious to see it then! I hope there's a lot of backstage stuff at the Olympics and some interesting bits about the musical.

Well we know they have been filming bits of them being interviewed because Mel B had hers the day after the Olympics so she might be a bit worse for wear in it haha
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 30 Nov 2012, 19:45

Why does it says "MondayS"? It's not just one episode but a serie of a few of them?
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
spicebrits

Postby spicebrits » 30 Nov 2012, 19:46

"As soon as I met the girls there was something very special immediately…we clicked straight away and it felt very comfortable from that moment."
Emma Bunton

The Spice Girls are undisputedly the biggest, best-selling all-female group ever and their mantra of Girl Power is currently taking London by storm all over again with the launch of new musical Viva Forever!

This brand new feature-length documentary will celebrate the Spice Girls’ music and their story as Girl Power is introduced to a new generation through the musical. It will explore the band’s stratospheric rise to fame, featuring exclusive new interviews with all five girls, and with the people who know them best and worked with them along the way.

Victoria Beckham says of the band’s success: “It was such a whirlwind, it was really quite overwhelming. And we were so tired. We were working really, really hard. I mean the record company would have us at the airport sometimes at five o’clock in the morning. We’d fly somewhere, we’d be working all day, we’d get in super, super late, we’d have a couple of hours sleep and then we’d go off again the next day.” Melanie C says: “Everything we touched turned to gold. It was ridiculous.”

More than 15 years since they took the pop world by storm, this documentary provides the definitive portrait of a band which sold more than 75 million records worldwide and examines the story of the five girls whose music, look, attitude and success had such a profound, era-defining impact on the 90s and whose influence in British pop culture is still felt.

We examine how their relationships with each other have evolved over time, the truth behind the rumours, and how the five girls now juggle individual projects and roles as working mothers.

Mel B says of her Spice persona: “Every woman gets a little bit scary now and again…I liked my name. It kind of put a barrier up because when somebody would first meet me they would think I was going to be horrible. And actually I picked and chose whether I was going to be nice or not nice!”

Geri recalls the story behind her infamous Union Jack dress at The Brits: “I remember the stylist at the time told me not to wear it. I literally got “don’t wear that”. And I was going, “but I like it. I like it”…For me that dress symbolises what the Spice Girls is about.”

As the highly anticipated musical is launched in the West End this December, we look at the creative process behind it, see the girls in the lead up to its premiere and go behind the scenes leading up to opening night, providing the perfect opportunity to reflect on the music that made the Spice Girls’ success.

Melanie C explains: “I think us girls have always felt that our songs were quite theatrical, you know. And you know, there’s great subject matter in there. There’s quite a lot of storytelling within the songs as well. So it was something we’d talked about for years and years and years.“

This is an opportunity to tell their story first-hand, revealing the extent of their ambition, their aims, their creative partnerships, their music and their legacy. Victoria says: “I’m really proud to be Posh. I’m so proud to have been in the Spice Girls and to have achieved everything I have. I’m the luckiest girl in the world, I really am. No-one knows that more than me.”

The documentary also includes interviews with the writer of the musical Jennifer Saunders and its producer Judy Craymer. Jennifer says: “For a long time…if I’ve written it, I’ve always been in control of how it went on. So this is a massive collaboration where I’m just not allowed to be as bossy as I would like to be. So it’s kind of terrifying.”

Other new and exclusive interviews featured include two of the Spice Mums - Victoria’s mum Jackie and Melanie C’s mum Joan, plus Richard E Grant, Perez Hilton and Dawn French.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/spicegir ... fault.html
spicebrits

Postby spicebrits » 30 Nov 2012, 19:48

really? Perez Hilton? LOL
spice_of_life

Postby spice_of_life » 30 Nov 2012, 20:04

It was/is always Victoria saying how tired they all were. Of course it's exhausting being world wide Popstars travelling the world to earn millions upon millions.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 30 Nov 2012, 20:10

sounds amazing! hopefully will be online really quick for everyone abroad

would be nice to see backstage at the press conference and the interaction with mel b and victoria (if there was any)... can't wait!
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 30 Nov 2012, 20:45

spice_of_life wrote:It was/is always Victoria saying how tired they all were. Of course it's exhausting being world wide Popstars travelling the world to earn millions upon millions.

Well at least she continued to the end
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 30 Nov 2012, 20:58

spice_of_life wrote:It was/is always Victoria saying how tired they all were. Of course it's exhausting being world wide Popstars travelling the world to earn millions upon millions.

That's the most stupid thing I've ever read. Just because you earn music doing what you like it doesn't mean it's not tiring and exhausting. I'd like to see you doing a tour for 5 months with 3 or 4 shows per week + promotion + interviews + recording sessions + photoshoots + rehearsals + video shoots + advert shoots.

It doesn't matter how many money they made and how famous they were, being a Spice Girl or working for the Spice Girls back in 1997/1998 was indeed exahusting.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 30 Nov 2012, 21:01

spicebrits wrote:“It was such a whirlwind, it was really quite overwhelming. And we were so tired. We were working really, really hard. I mean the record company would have us at the airport sometimes at five o’clock in the morning. We’d fly somewhere, we’d be working all day, we’d get in super, super late, we’d have a couple of hours sleep and then we’d go off again the next day.”

Ch-ch-ch-chaaaaanging tunes, ch-ch-ch-chaaaanging tuuuunes. The record company would work you THAT hard, Victoria? Are you sure? Not the manager who was sacked because he would work you way too hard and because he was having an affair with Emma but you will never ever admit it?
Victoria’s mum Jackie and Melanie C’s mum Joan, plus Richard E Grant, Perez Hilton and Dawn French.

So I guess no interview with Mel B's mum then? And Perez fucking Hilton?!

Aaaanyway, apart from Posh talking crap (as usual) and the presence of a non-entity being interviewed as if we were in 2007 and he was actually somewhat relevant this sounds very interesting! I'm loving all the backstage stuff they mentioned, that's what I really really want. :$

Oh and good to know Victoria knows she wouldn't be where she is if it wasn't for the Spice Girls. ;)
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 30 Nov 2012, 21:26

I take things at face value, stories will always change over time given where the girls are in life and as time goes on remembering details becomes fuzzy. Looking forward to anything from behind the scenes, stuff we haven't known/seen basically.
Narrator

Postby Narrator » 30 Nov 2012, 21:27

sammy01 wrote:Well we know they have been filming bits of them being interviewed because Mel B had hers the day after the Olympics so she might be a bit worse for wear in it haha

And probably still in her golden catsuit :p

Return to “Spice Girls”