Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Re: Spice Girls Random Discussion Thread

Postby Andreas » 16 Apr 2017, 11:28

^I don't think that'll be much of an issue. My husband listens to Heart FM and she's constantly on holiday, having someone to replace her.
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 16 Apr 2017, 12:44

Andreas wrote:^I don't think that'll be much of an issue. My husband listens to Heart FM and she's constantly on holiday, having someone to replace her.

:D This is very true.
kamel

Postby kamel » 16 Apr 2017, 12:50

Emma on SG reunion
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3323600 ... appen-now/
“At the moment, it’s so difficult to go: ‘Right!’ Geri has had her baby, and of course has to take that time.

“It’s about finding the perfect time. We want to make it right for our fans. But it would be a shame not to do something.

“We’re always talking about it. I think it would be amazing, so I’m on the case and Geri’s the same.”

“I think it would be great to bring out another album, maybe with our hits on. It would be lovely to show us performing to a whole new generation. But we can’t wait too much longer, as we’re all getting on a bit!”

he only time Emma’s trademark megawatt smile is on the verge of slipping is when asked what odds she would give on the likelihood of all five reuniting.

“Oh my goodness!” she squeals in horror.

“[To her PR] Help me out on this! Erm... I think, obviously. Er... I’m not a betting girl.

Not so, insists Emma.

“I’m very much each to their own and have your own time. So, for me, there was never any [tension].

“I’m the same. If I’m going to go off and do something that I’ve been dreaming of, then that’s what you do. No one is ever going to know or feel what the five of us went through. We only have each other. So they are always going to be my buddies that I go to, for all those reasons.”

pinkbecca12

Postby pinkbecca12 » 16 Apr 2017, 13:23

"Another album with our hits on"

wow! doesn't she know there's already a greatest hits album?
tommie

Postby tommie » 16 Apr 2017, 13:58

pinkbecca12 wrote:"Another album with our hits on"

wow! doesn't she know there's already a greatest hits album?

She,s a lesbian licking vagina makes people confused x
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 16 Apr 2017, 14:09

I wouldn't be against a re release of the greatest hits with a new song or two tacked on the end. :$
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 16 Apr 2017, 14:15

schizophonic_spice wrote:I wouldn't be against a re release of the greatest hits with a new song or two tacked on the end. :$

Not to mention proper artwork. Their ABBA Gold-esque GH cover left a lot to be desired.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 16 Apr 2017, 14:18

Andreas wrote:
schizophonic_spice wrote:I wouldn't be against a re release of the greatest hits with a new song or two tacked on the end. :$

Not to mention proper artwork. Their ABBA Gold-esque GH cover left a lot to be desired.

It is the best option for a cover, a new pic of them in 2007 would have dated by now and a pic of them from their peak would have seemed cheap. I think what they should have done was a slip case with each of them individually on it (as in collect all 5) as an exclusive to HMV or something.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 16 Apr 2017, 14:25

It looked dated when it came out. As if someone has done it in MS Paint. So whichever way you look at it the cover is dated.

Imo a great group photo from their heyday would've been best option. Or one of the ones they did with the red background and black outfits I'm 2007.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 16 Apr 2017, 14:45

The GH artwork (well, the cover) was perfect. It was very clever to use the iconic logo. It's timeless. They could release the same GH cover this year and it would still be a good option graphic wise.

And saying it looks like it's made on Paint... Excuse me, but it's ignorant. The cover does look professional and, as a graphic designer, I can guarantee you that it's impossible to make those graphics with Paint. It wasn't a 5 minute rushed work at all.

The picture they used for the booklet looked dated even on release week because Victoria wasn't blonde anymore, so I can only imagine how dated would a picture on the cover have looked. And using an old picture would only made the compilation look like an unofficial low cost release.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 16 Apr 2017, 14:46

Andreas wrote:It looked dated when it came out. As if someone has done it in MS Paint. So whichever way you look at it the cover is dated.

Imo a great group photo from their heyday would've been best option. Or one of the ones they did with the red background and black outfits I'm 2007.

I dont think it looked dated back then. And I dont think it looks dated now.
People just moan about there not being pictures in the letters because that´s what they did 20 years ago. :Dizzy:

Like, if they used a picture from 2007, we would have Victoria with blonde hair and HUGE titts all over her letter, Mel C with her (not so popular) fringe, a pregnant Emma, Geri with her "awful" hair (i think she looked great, btw!) and probably Mel B would also splash her titts all over her letter to compete with Vic.
So, I think A LOT of people would hate that cover today, 10 years later.

And like someone else said, using an old picture from the 90s would look SUPER cheap, imo. And people would probably slam them for that as well.
Calling them lazy etc.

They could never win with this either way.

Oh and btw, it´s just a cover! :laugh:
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 16 Apr 2017, 15:01

Yep the cover is pretty much perfect. Maybe just maybe having each girls signature colour/print in the letters might have been great too, Union Jack for Geri, diamonds for posh, baby pink for Emma, adidas stripes for Mel C and leopard print for Mel b.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 16 Apr 2017, 15:35

I remember back in 2007 when the cover was released there was a whole thread (with several pages) where people wanted them to be in each letter SO MUCH that they actually could see the girls in them. Someone even lined them out! :laugh:
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 16 Apr 2017, 15:58

The standard version of the GH is pretty spot on, right cover, right tracklisting, which I think is why it sells pretty decently today. Maybe Step to me could have been added but for anyone casual, the front cover let's you know exactly what you are getting and the tracklist is to the point and hit after hit.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 16 Apr 2017, 16:13

I guess people have a different perception of what "classic Spice" is.

The GH artwork is pretty much #NEXT.
mrvb_19

Postby mrvb_19 » 16 Apr 2017, 16:43

Emma keeps on saying that it's such a shame they aren't doing something. Well work your butt off honey!
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 16 Apr 2017, 18:24

mrvb_19 wrote:Emma keeps on saying that it's such a shame they aren't doing something. Well work your butt off honey!

She can't do it alone!
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 16 Apr 2017, 18:29

sammy01 wrote:Maybe Step to me could have been added but for anyone casual, the front cover let's you know exactly what you are getting and the tracklist is to the point and hit after hit.

Exactly. That's why STM shouldn't be on there. No one knows it, it wasn't a hit single (like every other song except the new ones) nor a smash from an ad well known in the whole entire world like MO.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 16 Apr 2017, 18:31

I think another GH would be the cheapest move ever. We've been hearing the same old songs for 20 years, and as much as I love them I find that they need something new to work with. After all, what would be the interest in buying yet another GH? Two new songs? Lol. They should record either a whole new album or an LP with 5-7 new songs. As for the cover, they should try to take back the one-girl-per-letter mechanic as long as they are at least four. Even if they don't have Victoria, there are some really nice attempts for a four-piece Forever cover made by fans.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 16 Apr 2017, 18:35

DannyDirnt wrote:I think another GH would be the cheapest move ever. We've been hearing the same old songs for 20 years, and as much as I love them I find that they need something new to work with. After all, what would be the interest in buying yet another GH? Two new songs? Lol. They should record either a whole new album or an LP with 5-7 new songs. As for the cover, they should try to take back the one-girl-per-letter mechanic as long as they are at least four. Even if they don't have Victoria, there are some really nice attempts for a four-piece Forever cover made by fans.

Completely new album or a compilation of their unreleased tracks, I don't see a different option. Either way I'd be happy;)
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 17 Apr 2017, 13:01

TROTSG could have been much better. I only care for five or six videos to leak. As a whole it wasn't good.
On both nights I attended, Geri was bored to death and showed it. The Melanies were super enthusiastic. Victoria seemed to enjoy it although I think she only performed for her family and Emma was flawless as always.
But the clothes were poor and just 15 spice girls songs? Istanbul had that amount...
Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 17 Apr 2017, 13:25

The Spice Girls wrote:
DannyDirnt wrote:I think another GH would be the cheapest move ever. We've been hearing the same old songs for 20 years, and as much as I love them I find that they need something new to work with. After all, what would be the interest in buying yet another GH? Two new songs? Lol. They should record either a whole new album or an LP with 5-7 new songs. As for the cover, they should try to take back the one-girl-per-letter mechanic as long as they are at least four. Even if they don't have Victoria, there are some really nice attempts for a four-piece Forever cover made by fans.

Completely new album or a compilation of their unreleased tracks, I don't see a different option. Either way I'd be happy;)

After the disaster that were Headlines, Voodoo and Song for Her, I only really care for a new compilation with some unreleased tracks at this stage. No new material, as it has been below par since they reunited. If it is good, great I will invest in it, if it is on the same level as those 3 tracks, I wont care for it.

For me, they should release an Anthology with unreleased tracks and do a small tour with the 4 of them as a celebration. Then leave it for ever. It would be an easy and cool thing to do and where most non-hardcore fans would be supporting them as well.

Most of the public doesnt really care for new material - the reaction to Headlines and Song for Her shows that. And for a new album, they would have to pick up almost from scratch again to gain the interest of the public as it is mainly all about nostalgia at this stage.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 17 Apr 2017, 15:19

Mr.X wrote:Most of the public doesnt really care for new material - the reaction to Song for Her shows that. And for a new album, they would have to pick up almost from scratch again to gain the interest of the public as it is mainly all about nostalgia at this stage.

What are you talking about? The leak of SFH was a huge news worldwide and its YouTube views at the time showed how much of the public's interest is still over there for them. They even played it on the radios around the world, what other unreleased track had that much power?
Tea_Leaf
Custom Title: iHeart AudreyHepburn

Postby Tea_Leaf » 17 Apr 2017, 15:47

Anyone notices VB's ig story??? ...background voices sounded like GERI & MELB were talking
[ben]
Custom Title: dere n ara deg ata i

Postby [ben] » 17 Apr 2017, 15:51

^ wouldn't it be lovey if they'd gone to visit her for her birthday

Return to “Spice Girls”