Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
jezebelvictoria

Re: Spice Girls Random Discussion Thread

Postby jezebelvictoria » 18 Apr 2017, 05:47

Amaranthine18 wrote:
Mr.X wrote: After the disaster that were Headlines, Voodoo and Song for Her, I only really care for a new compilation with some unreleased tracks at this stage.

Are you trying to say that the unreleased tracks are better than Headlines, Voodoo and Song For Her? The girls even admitted that those songs that didn't make it to the album because they are not good enough. Melanie C said that the one of the songs such as "C U next Tuesday" is a "shit".

That means those songs are even worse than their released B-sides. If you think that Bumper to Bumper, Spice Invaders etc.. are better than Headlines, Voodoo and Song For Her then I rest my case.

For me, those songs should remain in the vault.

None of that makes sense. Why would I care what another person says about a song when it's subjective. Just because Melanie says something is shit doesn't mean it is, look at her albums. She's released songs that I think are shit but she thought otherwise to release. For all we know, some of those songs could be their best. An example for myself is 'Give You What You Want'; that's one of my favorites of theirs, above majority of their released material, yet that should have stayed in a vault according to you. No thanks, I'm glad it's not in a 'vault'.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 18 Apr 2017, 07:23

Another GH would be pointless. Unless they included a few re-recorded songs.

I'd rather have a compilation of unreleased material.
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 18 Apr 2017, 10:50

jezebelvictoria wrote:
Amaranthine18 wrote:
Mr.X wrote: After the disaster that were Headlines, Voodoo and Song for Her, I only really care for a new compilation with some unreleased tracks at this stage.

Are you trying to say that the unreleased tracks are better than Headlines, Voodoo and Song For Her? The girls even admitted that those songs that didn't make it to the album because they are not good enough. Melanie C said that the one of the songs such as "C U next Tuesday" is a "shit".

That means those songs are even worse than their released B-sides. If you think that Bumper to Bumper, Spice Invaders etc.. are better than Headlines, Voodoo and Song For Her then I rest my case.

None of that makes sense. Why would I care what another person says about a song when it's subjective. Just because Melanie says something is shit doesn't mean it is, look at her albums. She's released songs that I think are shit but she thought otherwise to release. For all we know, some of those songs could be their best. An example for myself is 'Give You What You Want'; that's one of my favorites of theirs, above majority of their released material, yet that should have stayed in a vault according to you. No thanks, I'm glad it's not in a 'vault'.

Give You What You Want, Pain Proof and A Day In Your Life were not released NOT because they are not good enough. They decided not put them on the 3rd album because they scrapped the Pop album idea and switched to RnB genre. They wouldn't fit in the album.
jezebelvictoria

Postby jezebelvictoria » 18 Apr 2017, 12:22

Amaranthine18 wrote:
jezebelvictoria wrote:
Amaranthine18 wrote:

Give You What You Want, Pain Proof and A Day In Your Life were not released NOT because they are not good enough. They decided not put them on the 3rd album because they scrapped the Pop album idea and switched to RnB genre. They wouldn't fit in the album.

Either way I don't care about someone saying something isn't good enough. As I said, some of their unreleased songs could be some of their best work. We don't know until we hear it. And I'll always want to hear it.
Kevsie

Postby Kevsie » 18 Apr 2017, 13:46

Song for her shouldnt have leaked, it was an experiment. So what you're saying isnt completely relevent
budhi

Postby budhi » 18 Apr 2017, 14:10

Kevsie wrote:Song for her shouldnt have leaked, it was an experiment. So what you're saying isnt completely relevent

It was you that leaked it but you executed it in such a way that it appeared as if you were trying to be set up by someone else. You're very clever Kevin, just as when you pretended to have a pizza delivery order to get into Geri's property. Or how you were send away at Mel B's father's funeral. You're an embarrassment.
kamel

Postby kamel » 18 Apr 2017, 14:13

budhi wrote:
Kevsie wrote:Song for her shouldnt have leaked, it was an experiment. So what you're saying isnt completely relevent

It was you that leaked it but you executed it in such a way that it appeared as if you were trying to be set up by someone else. You're very clever Kevin, just as when you pretended to have a pizza delivery order to get into Geri's property. Or how you were send away at Mel B's father's funeral. You're an embarrassment.

I dont think Kevsie was at Mel B's dad fenural, dont lie please!
budhi

Postby budhi » 18 Apr 2017, 14:15

Why would the person I heard that from make it up? So random
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 18 Apr 2017, 14:16

Unreleased songs were scrapped for a reason. I do not think all of them have to be crap, but I'm guessing in a twelve-song album we could get maybe two which are official-release-quality. Most of the leaked songs are nice to have, but I think fans appreciate them so much because we're desperate for new material and anything new is a breath of fresh air. I'd rather have them write something more current and of better quality.

Song For Her was never meant to see the light of day, so we can't judge them for it more than we could judge them for Strong Enough or Don't Wanna Be. Those songs were awful, but they ended up releasing Spice. What's the difference between them? None of them was meant to be released. As for Headlines and Voodoo, we can't assume anything from now on can't be good because those songs were not. Everything around that time was rushed, as we now. I think they could still release a good album if they tried.
kamel

Postby kamel » 18 Apr 2017, 14:18

budhi wrote:Why would the person I heard that from make it up? So random

Maybe he lied to you?
OnYourRadar

Postby OnYourRadar » 18 Apr 2017, 15:07

kevinsie you shouldn't have gone to Mel B's dads funeral thats kinda personal
Fly like an angel, heaven sent to me... :Angel:
JimmyLo

Postby JimmyLo » 18 Apr 2017, 16:14

budhi wrote:

Wait... these are facts? Did Kevsie actually do those things?

I get so confused with people here. First they say "people who have stuff should leak them for all of us to share, it's not fair to hold onto stuff!"

Then in the next breath they say "how dare you leak that stuff, you're an embarrassment!"

This is why if anyone has ROTSG full show we will never get it. It'll turn political and half the people will say "shame on you!"
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 18 Apr 2017, 16:28

^I think one thing is a consequence of the other. Especially since, 1: some people love to gloat when they have something they know so well other people want, and then 2: the girls themselves were extremely disappointed that the songs leaked.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 18 Apr 2017, 16:31

DannyDirnt wrote:Unreleased songs were scrapped for a reason.

That would make sense with other acts but not with the Spice Girls. Let's not forget we're talking about Emma, that thought 'Close Encounter', 'Invincible' and 'So Long' were b-side material and didn't include them on her albums... Melanie C that left 'Follow Me', 'Love To You', 'Living Without You', 'Stronger', 'Already Gone', 'Rising Sun', etc out of the albums too. We can also talk about Geri's 'Breaking Glass' or the fact that Victoria thought the Telstar sessions songs weren't good enough so she kept on recording more songs.

Like it or not, those girls have peculiar tastes and while 'Spice' and 'Spiceworld' did include the best songs of each era on each album, solo wise they have constantly shown us that on a lot of occasions their taste was quite poor when picking album tracks.

So as far as we know, the few unreleased songs that might exist from 1996-1997 could be great songs.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 18 Apr 2017, 17:11

^I think I remember Dale asking Geri about "Breaking Glass" at the An Audience with Geri, and Geri said that Breaking Glass was finished after the album was released, and therefore included it as a b-side. Same thing happened to Destiny (b-side on Calling), which was a ballad before it turned into the dance-track.

As with songs not being good enough for albums, I don't know about the girls and Virgin, but I know that other artists- like Björk- record 12-15 songs and then hand them over to her record label, and the label chose tracklist for the album, singles (the Spice Girls decided their own singles), send songs to various DJ's for remixes and chose which mixes to include on the official releases, and b-sides.

I know that the Spice Girls chose their own singles but do we know they chose the tracklist for the albums by themselves, or were those chosen by Virgin? Because if that's the case then there might be songs that Virgin didn't find suitable for inclusion (which I think was the case with "Step To Me", it didn't really fit the feel of the album and even though it was recorded during the Spice-album sessions, it was released on Japanese editions of SpiceWorld) that is left in their vaults...
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 18 Apr 2017, 18:11

We can all agree that solo-wise, they music choices have not been the best

I know lots of people like "Reason" but it was so many bland tracks when she had so many stronger songs as b-sides...

But anyway... it would be great to get previously unreleased tracks and new material... but that's just dreaming
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 18 Apr 2017, 20:54

Elle wrote:"I like to have fun and I think that often surprises people.”

Victoria then gave an example of one such fun night, when she was in the Maldives for a Christmas holiday and found old Spice Girl pal Mel C had been booked to give the New Year’s Eve performance at the resort.

“By total coincidence Melanie C was performing, so obviously I got up and joined in,” said Vic.

“The place we were staying at had hired Melanie to sing on New Year’s Eve. It was reported that it was my party and I’d hired her, which wasn’t quite right."

"I got up and sang with Melanie. We had the best night because all the kids were there. David was there and a few friends, too.”

Source
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 18 Apr 2017, 21:27

That puts to rest rumours that it was VB's party and that she invited only Mel C to play at her party... :D
Thom
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 18 Apr 2017, 21:46

Andreas wrote:^I think I remember Dale asking Geri about "Breaking Glass" at the An Audience with Geri, and Geri said that Breaking Glass was finished after the album was released, and therefore included it as a b-side. Same thing happened to Destiny (b-side on Calling), which was a ballad before it turned into the dance-track.

from 7:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsCl-K55tsE
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 18 Apr 2017, 22:18

Red Boy wrote:

Victoria then gave an example of one such fun night, when she was in the Maldives for a Christmas holiday and found old Spice Girl pal Mel C had been booked to give the New Year’s Eve performance at the resort.

“By total coincidence Melanie C was performing, so obviously I got up and joined in,” said Vic.

“The place we were staying at had hired Melanie to sing on New Year’s Eve. It was reported that it was my party and I’d hired her, which wasn’t quite right."

"I got up and sang with Melanie. We had the best night because all the kids were there. David was there and a few friends, too.”

Source

What a coincidence!

Right... :laugh:
kamel

Postby kamel » 18 Apr 2017, 22:51

Fenrik wrote:
Red Boy wrote:

Source

What a coincidence!

Right... :laugh:

She is lying :p
RichieUK

Postby RichieUK » 18 Apr 2017, 23:30

I don't see the huge problem people have when things leak?

If an unreleased song is leaked, why is it an issue? It will never become an official part of their discography, no money will ever be made from them by the girls or Virgin etc. They literally just sit on someone's hard drive forever and ever. The girls might think they're shit,virgin might think they're shit; but if they're not going to be on an official album or release, what's the issue when they leak this long later? Some fans will enjoy them and love having an extra bit of Spice history.

I was glad SFH leaked. It might have just been an experiment by the girls, but theyve said themselves it was never going to be released. So why can't fans have the chance to listen to it and enjoy it for themselves.

When money is to be made, I agree that leaked songs from new albums etc is wrong and should wait for official releases. But if they're going to sit unfinished, unpolished in a safe for eternity, I think it's a waste and fans like me will still enjoy them in our own way.

I'm more than happy to hear other people's opinions on the matter, and mine is definitely not right by any means, it's just my personal feelings. I love the girls and all the work they've done as the Spice Girls. I might not have liked some specific songs, but I can still appreciate the work that has gone into it and it is apart of Spice History.
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 18 Apr 2017, 23:56

They are all so full of bullshit. If the studio really was their happy place, you'd think they would have tried to spend more than 2 days in there in the last 10 years. They were recording for a reason and the wheels were turning behind the scences. The project was scrapped, yes, but a producer wouldn't get so hyped up on social media about having a future hit in his hands if they were really experimenting.
If only they would get their act together and actually DO SOMETHING. You'd think they are the only busy former popstars in the world! :despise:
Kevsie

Postby Kevsie » 19 Apr 2017, 01:11

Wow. People are absolutely disgusting.
Kevsie

Postby Kevsie » 19 Apr 2017, 01:16

(I can't believe I feel I need to even defend myself but I have never ordered any pizza to Geris house or turned up at ANY funeral. Wow!)

Return to “Spice Girls”