Spice Girls Random Discussion Thread | Victoria: "There won't be a reunion" [Page 664]

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
BostonBeebs81

Re: Spice Girls Random Discussion Thread | Victoria: "There won't be a reunion" [Page 664]

Postby BostonBeebs81 » 20 Mar 2017, 18:20

I think what we have to remember too is that while yes, they were global icons and conquered the world as Spice Girls, it was a very short period of time. 1996 to 1998 (Globally, I don't count Forever, sorry.) Victoria has been a successful fashion designer longer than she was a successful Spice Girl.

Heck, Geri, Melanie C. and Emma have released the same or more solo albums than they did as Spice Girls.

Mel B. has been a successful TV Personality longer than she was a Spice Girl.

Yeah, these successes don't elevate to the level of success they had when they were a band but in all reality... it was a very small period of time. Can we really expect these women to relive two years of their lives over and over and over?
Xander21

Re: Spice Girls Random Discussion Thread | Victoria: "There won't be a reunion" [Page 664]

Postby Xander21 » 20 Mar 2017, 18:25

In the other interview last week... you hear her whisper about the spice girls... that was very nice. When the camera goes on she rolls right into her colder designer shtick. I bet she is still the same... but the five piece spice girls seems definately over.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 20 Mar 2017, 21:16

Let's take some things into consideration

(Even if some fans will like them to reunite EVEN when they're dead) It's not like we're all crazy daydreaming.

Most "reunion"-talk comes because the girls themselves tease us! (Yes, they know there's demand cause we long for it)... but they keep on teasing us, never give us a transparent,, truthful answer.

Dunno if VB likes the idea, will plan on sueing or whatever, but don't think so.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 20 Mar 2017, 21:31

I'm pretty much over the idea of a five-piece reunion. To be fair, I think the other four could do a reunion invoking Satan to the beat of Wannabe and Victoria wouldn't care. She's a designer now, unfortunately (for us).
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 21 Mar 2017, 02:36

Emma Station |
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 21 Mar 2017, 02:47

/\ So i guess it's really truth about GEM, sadly:/ at this point I would love a song of Emma and Mel B then, they would spice uped my life enough;)
ForeverSpiceBoy
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 21 Mar 2017, 05:40

The Spice Girls wrote:/\ So i guess it's really truth about GEM, sadly:/ at this point I would love a song of Emma and Mel B then, they would spice uped my life enough;)

Thank God there is an official confirmation that GEM is over. Thank God they're all coming to their senses.
They've moved on, and we should too :)
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 21 Mar 2017, 05:59

This is no news for us but it is a confirmation.
By the way, they mistake MelB and Mel C at the end of the text.
Agent_Spice
Custom Title: Escrow Spice

Postby Agent_Spice » 21 Mar 2017, 06:26

tiagohm wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/geri-horner-interested-reuniting-spice-girls-quintet-article-1.3003457

From the article:
Mel B who spends most of her time serving as a judge on “America’s Got Talent,” showed up in London on Thursday to sing Spice Girls hit “Wannabe” during a performance of the hit musical “School of Rock. Just last month, she went on an Australian TV assuring reunion hopefuls, “I’m trying, everyone, I’m trying.”

I'd prefer to hear confirmation directly from one of the GEM girls that nothing's happening as this article cites "sources" and then mixes up Mel B with Melanie C which to me undermines its credibility and basic fact checking.

I also think that given that Geri gave birth less than 2 months ago, GEM can be allowed a little slack. I do think they should make a statement just to put things to rest either way. Truthfully, I'm not expecting anything, but it's telling that two members who have nothing to do with a three piece reunion have weighed in more than the participating members.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 21 Mar 2017, 06:53

I don't expect anything already... it's' all so sad
BostonBeebs81

Postby BostonBeebs81 » 21 Mar 2017, 15:11

GEM isn't happening. It was never going to happen.
iaintiffin

Postby iaintiffin » 21 Mar 2017, 19:52

Im so glad we can put it to bed now..it was beyond tedious and tiresome!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 21 Mar 2017, 20:08

At least we got Song For Her even if it wasn't the finalised version.

Still one of the best songs they've put out since 1998 for me.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 21 Mar 2017, 20:26

I'm sure Geri has realised doing it as a 3 piece would be very hard work, they would have to put in a lot of effort to convince people about it. I'm sure if Mel C hopped on board things would change.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
budhi

Postby budhi » 21 Mar 2017, 20:38

I respect Victoria's decision. I hope GEM Still has a future! Life is too short. Have some fun girls.
bombie

Postby bombie » 21 Mar 2017, 21:55

Just another time they spoke before they really thought about it.... I kind of think of the current state of the Spice Girls to be like the nights you have a couple too many glasses of wine, and all of a sudden you are planning trips to the Bahama's, and posting it all over facebook... Only to wake up the next morning and come to your sense...

I do think its awful they have continued to drag us on and on, and we keep falling for it... It's such a shame that nothing was done for the 20th.. They really let their fans down, and I am not just meaning because nothing happened... But rather that they led us to believe something would... If they would have been honest and said "You know what, it's just not working out..." Steps have said it took them 2 years to plan the reunion/comeback/celebration, and that's with all five members on board... Lesson learned: Melanie B can't tell the truth, Geri can't make up her mind, Emma is a follower, Melanie C continues to use the band to promote herself, but has no intentions of returning, and Victoria is just done, and has been for along time! You truly can't blame one, without blaming all of them... They all have at some point led us on, with the exception of Victoria... I can't believe I am saying this, but I think Victoria might be the only one not to blame for getting our hopes up.. Shes been pretty concrete on her feelings, and always has been up front.
budhi

Postby budhi » 21 Mar 2017, 22:01

The Spice Girls were 5 very different personalities, and this is what you end up with. Which is sort of ironic. I am sure they are still friends, but lead very different lives.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 21 Mar 2017, 22:32

Well, you're right. VB has never led us to think they would reunite...

It's the other 4 girls' fault...

I can't believe how undedicated they've been to planning, organizing...

I'm disappointed in all of them... one more than others
Hannes84
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » Yesterday, 12:50

It's time to move on. :dee:
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » Yesterday, 13:38

PeruvianSpice wrote:Well, you're right. VB has never led us to think they would reunite...

If VB had said yes, we have a reunion by now.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » Yesterday, 14:16

Amaranthine18 wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:Well, you're right. VB has never led us to think they would reunite...

If VB had said yes, we have a reunion by now.

We'd also have a reunion by now if they didn't insist so much in the "five or nothing" idea when they perfectly know it's not going to happen. It's not Victoria's fault if she's got other priorities. The thing is that if they really wanted to do it they'd carry on with or without her and wouldn't make up silly excuses like "it wouldn't do the band justice" or "the Olympics was the peak of our career". It's very easy to use Victoria as an easy excuse because they know she won't change her mind, but I'm sure that if she was up for it something else would come up.
kamel

Postby kamel » Yesterday, 15:04

Hannes84 wrote:It's time to move on. :dee:
spiceworldforever

Postby spiceworldforever » Yesterday, 15:14

So I see that you have all gone full circle, and back to bashing Victoria. She's made her decision. It is sad in a way, but it's time to move on.
James
Custom Title: Legacy member

Postby James » Yesterday, 15:16

I'm largely pleased that GEM was a non-starter, but Song For Her was a nice touch. I do think Spice 20 could/should have been acknowledged in some way - even if they all did separate video messages à la the GEM video we did get, it would have been something. The "Bluebell edits a quick iPhone video" approach for the anniversary didn't really do it justice.

It's very easy to blame Victoria but as others have said, she's been consistent all along - she's never once given us any kind of false hope. Melanie C justified herself by saying doing it as a four seemed like a good idea after the Olympics, but as the time came closer she started having her doubts. A girl's allowed to change her mind - but I do think we as fans have a right to feel let down after such a build-up. I suspect a lot more went on behind the scenes than we are privy to.

Personally, I don't see how going out as a four is doing any less justice to the band than singing Wannabe with a load of schoolkids, but I do agree that without all five it isn't quite the same. It's interesting that we're already at the 21st anniversary pretty much, and it won't be long before the 25th anniversary rumour mill kicks in. The demand will always be there, regardless of how many times they say it's not happening.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » Yesterday, 15:59

/\ and am sure they will start to tease us again and again and it all will go a full circle. Am already tired for all that /\

Return to “Spice Girls”