POLL: Would you support a 3-piece 'Spice Girls'?

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.

Would you support a 3-piece 'Spice Girls'?

Yes
54%
Yes, but I would prefer if they released new music under another name
17%
No
29%

Total votes: 157
felx

Re: POLL: Would you support a 3-piece 'Spice Girls'?

Postby felx » 18 May 2016, 16:52

schizophonic_spice wrote:I just can't imagine Melanie C not being involved she has no reason not to be. If this was ten years ago in 2006 and the three of them entered a recording studio without her I would absolutely believe they were doing it without her (Victoria would definetly have been involved then though)

I think the three of them probably make up the bulk of the song and Melanie will either add her part/s later or ad lib over the finished track ala Say You'll Be There or Who Do You Think You Are

On a side note if this was a three piece project and it reached number 1 Melanie would have missed out on her three piece number 1 record that she needs lol

She is not missing anything, If she joins them it wont be 3 piece.....:D...one girl have to go then instead Melanie :D
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
animarc

Postby animarc » 18 May 2016, 16:56

yes, still under the name spice girls is fine, but then they shouldn't go on tour ; just a song/album. Live SG songs without Mel C would be pointless!!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 18 May 2016, 17:07

felx wrote:
schizophonic_spice wrote:I just can't imagine Melanie C not being involved she has no reason not to be. If this was ten years ago in 2006 and the three of them entered a recording studio without her I would absolutely believe they were doing it without her (Victoria would definetly have been involved then though)

I think the three of them probably make up the bulk of the song and Melanie will either add her part/s later or ad lib over the finished track ala Say You'll Be There or Who Do You Think You Are

On a side note if this was a three piece project and it reached number 1 Melanie would have missed out on her three piece number 1 record that she needs lol

She is not missing anything, If she joins them it wont be 3 piece.....:D...one girl have to go then instead Melanie :D

Yeah I know I would just find it ironic if that happened without her being one of the three. :$
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 18 May 2016, 17:40

Nope WTF :dizzy: I can't imagine spice girls without Mel C or Emma they're the voice of the spice girls .
Fanatik
Previous username(s): Marcito

Postby Fanatik » 18 May 2016, 17:43

Blond Pharaoh wrote:Nope WTF :dizzy: I can't imagine spice girls without Mel C or Emma they're the voice of the spice girls .

THIS!!!
----------------------------------------------
See my music collection at

http://www.discogs.com/user/marcio.miotto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sman
Custom Title: Pop doodler

Postby Sman » 18 May 2016, 18:23

sammy01 wrote:I think everyone is over reacting, I think at worst it is a 3 piece track recorded for the Ab Fab soundtrack. Eliot tweeted about 20 years, then tweeted he was doing a lot of things 20 years ago. Then when Mel B let the cat out the bag and the pap pics came out he pretty much confirmed it. He then tweets the words 'ab-fab' when referring to their 2nd stint in the studio and to me that wasn't coincidence even if he then straight away again claimed it wasn't.

Eliot has a big mouth and has to keep back tracking to me.

If it is a 3 piece bonus song under the name of the spice girls for a sound track then bring it on. If the tour is still 4 piece then all is good.

I personally think we will get a mixture of 3/4/5 piece stuff this reunion. They will probably all do as much as their schedules will allow, which for Mel C probably meant she couldn't do the soundtrack song but seen as it is just an extra for the reunion it is all good.

Think we might get a 5 piece interview or photoshoot or documentary so Posh has done her bit and a 4 piece tour.

This is exactly what I've been thinking Sammy re the new song. I think (assume) it is for Ab Fab and only features the three girls. I just can't think that Melanie wouldn't be there for the recording if she really was a part of it. If this is the case, I really don't mind. It's these three girls that I want to hear the most as we've been waiting on new solo music from them forever (in comparison to Melanie who has obviously released so much more). Completely biased but it's Emma's voice which is always the key ingredient to any Spice song, so her plus Mel and Geri still have huge potential to make this brilliant. Though it will still be a shame and bizarre if Melanie has chosen not to do it.

As for touring I really think they need Melanie onboard.
Sman
Custom Title: Pop doodler

Postby Sman » 18 May 2016, 18:26

And just to add I think it's perfectly fine for them to use the name even if it's only three. They are the Spice Girls!

If Melanie isn't doing this, I do hope we get an explanation.
iaintiffin

Postby iaintiffin » 18 May 2016, 19:03

No sir! SG wouldnt be the SG with just 3.
Savanna

Postby Savanna » 18 May 2016, 19:28

I would support any line-up.
Flavia
Custom Title: TOPAZIA

Postby Flavia » 18 May 2016, 22:28

In the unlikely event of a 3 piece reunion, no, I would not support them.
Dreamland47

Postby Dreamland47 » 19 May 2016, 23:35

Yes I would support a 3 piece of the spice girls.
7eleven

Postby 7eleven » 20 May 2016, 15:16

That's a no for me.
Mack

Postby Mack » 20 May 2016, 17:33

I'd check out anything that any combination of the girls released, but I wouldn't be thrilled if it was as a 3-piece (unless it was Victoria, Geri, and Mel B, which will never happen).
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 20 May 2016, 23:44

I'm not sure they'd be bold enough to do a full on tour with only three of them - minus arguably their strongest singer. I reckon like others have said we might get a few bits here and there from 2 or 3 of them, which would be fine with me. The musical stuff was mainly Emma, Melanie and Geri and that was still good (imo!).

I suppose it would be like when we support them separately as well as when they're a complete group.
FLORIOT

Postby FLORIOT » 21 May 2016, 00:09

they are going on the same way of "Take That"
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 21 May 2016, 07:00

Okay, why is everyone so convinced that Melanie isn't participating in this reunion or even the recording? I mean, I haven't really been paying much attention, because I know the Internet has a tendency to overthink these things, but isn't it just possible that she could be putting down her vocals later like she did with Forever and Headlines?
megzluvsmelc
Custom Title: Beautiful Mind

Postby megzluvsmelc » 21 May 2016, 07:30

Brandamn wrote:Okay, why is everyone so convinced that Melanie isn't participating in this reunion or even the recording? I mean, I haven't really been paying much attention, because I know the Internet has a tendency to overthink these things, but isn't it just possible that she could be putting down her vocals later like she did with Forever and Headlines?

Yes this!
Suzanne
Custom Title: Addicted to shopping

Postby Suzanne » 21 May 2016, 08:39

No, but I also wouldn't support a 4 or 5 reunion.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 30 May 2016, 15:19

Suzanne wrote:No, but I also wouldn't support a 4 or 5 reunion.

Lol. So stupid:D what are you doing here then;)?
Suzanne
Custom Title: Addicted to shopping

Postby Suzanne » 30 May 2016, 15:28

The Spice Girls wrote:
Suzanne wrote:No, but I also wouldn't support a 4 or 5 reunion.

Lol. So stupid:D what are you doing here then;)?

Stupid?
I love the Spice Girls and I'll always love them. But it's good as it is. I don't want new music. I want to remember them for the music that I liked when I was 10. The Olympics was great and for me that was the final reunion.
Sergiospice
Custom Title: El chico latino

Postby Sergiospice » 30 May 2016, 16:02

^ So boring!
MisterMiamiSpice

Postby MisterMiamiSpice » 01 Jun 2016, 16:24

There's a lot of negativity about "damaging the legacy" of the Spice Girls by having a reunion consisting of anything less than all five girls. I personally think it would be exciting to see what the Girls could come up with, regardless if all are involved or not. It could give them the chance to be more experimental. What if they teamed up with a different producer for a new sound? I would love to see what the Girls could do with a producer like Max Martin, his songs are instant radio-gold, or maybe Stuart Price who helped make Kylie Minogue's "Aphrodite" album a glittery disco fantasy. I would rather hear more from the Girls than less, to automatically threaten to turn your back on new music because your terms aren't met seems like a silly move for any true fan.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 01 Jun 2016, 16:25

Like I have a choice. Of course, I will.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 15 Jul 2016, 00:52

I don't think this question would have so many NO ticks these days?!
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 15 Jul 2016, 01:25

I'm all for supporting a 3 piece now

I shocked me at first but what can you do. I wanna enjoy everything that comes with this

Return to “Spice Girls”