Mel B jamming to Spice Girls songs on her IG

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
Savanna

Re: Mel B jamming to Spice Girls songs on her IG

Postby Savanna » 18 Mar 2017, 19:32

Melanie missed a great opportunity when she went solo to tour and perform Spice songs live. She has a solo line on every Spice song (I'm pretty certain of this). She essentially is the lead on "Wannabe". Her debut album was so mismanaged. Oh well.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 18 Mar 2017, 20:09

So, Melanie B can do this and be praised but Melanie C sings Spice Girls songs and is slated for it and Victoria can't use Spice Up Your Life in her campaign without negativity either? Interesting...
Savanna

Postby Savanna » 18 Mar 2017, 20:11

Jamie wrote:So, Melanie B can do this and be praised but Melanie C sings Spice Girls songs and is slated for it and Victoria can't use Spice Up Your Life in her campaign without negativity either? Interesting...

Difference is Melanie B is not trying to separate herself from the Spice Girls while at the same time using the group for their own PR.
Savanna

Postby Savanna » 18 Mar 2017, 20:11

Jamie wrote:So, Melanie B can do this and be praised but Melanie C sings Spice Girls songs and is slated for it and Victoria can't use Spice Up Your Life in her campaign without negativity either? Interesting...

Difference is Melanie B is not trying to separate herself from the Spice Girls while at the same time using the group for her own PR.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 18 Mar 2017, 20:12

Neither Melanie or Victoria are 'distancing' themselves, they just don't want to do another reunion. There's a huge difference.
Savanna

Postby Savanna » 18 Mar 2017, 20:15

Jamie wrote:Neither Melanie or Victoria are 'distancing' themselves, they just don't want to do another reunion. There's a huge difference.

I don't see much of a difference.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 18 Mar 2017, 20:21

Distancing themselves would be them disowning what they did. Pretending it didn't happen etc. Neither do that - they both still use Spice music and talk fondly of the other girls, they just both believe they'll never top the Olympics and want to leave on a high rather than doing a GEM style mess.
Savanna

Postby Savanna » 18 Mar 2017, 20:28

Jamie wrote:Distancing themselves would be them disowning what they did. Pretending it didn't happen etc. Neither do that - they both still use Spice music and talk fondly of the other girls, they just both believe they'll never top the Olympics and want to leave on a high rather than doing a GEM style mess.

Yeah I agree to an extent, but it usually comes at the prompting of someone or something else (they have something to promote). It seems they both feel pressured to be Spice-positive because they know people are going to blame them for holding up any chance of a reunion.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 18 Mar 2017, 20:50

This was nice of Mel B because there was no reason to do it bar wanting to. She doesn't gain anything from it, it is just Mel B having fun and embracing that she is/was a spice girl and that is why we loved them all to start with.

She didn't do it because it would get her extra exposure for a TV advert or perform them on a TV show or at a festival or something because that is the only way she would get that gig.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 18 Mar 2017, 21:12

Savanna wrote:She has a solo line on every Spice song (I'm pretty certain of this).

'Wasting My Time' says hi. :wave:
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 19 Mar 2017, 09:03

I thought I read an article that VB or Simon said something that she knew ALL ALONG how she always wanted to be a designer... or something like that...

Isn't that denying your past in a way? Rewriting history to suit her?

She's in her right, but still
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 19 Mar 2017, 10:54

sammy01 wrote:This was nice of Mel B because there was no reason to do it bar wanting to. She doesn't gain anything from it, it is just Mel B having fun and embracing that she is/was a spice girl and that is why we loved them all to start with.

She didn't do it because it would get her extra exposure for a TV advert or perform them on a TV show or at a festival or something because that is the only way she would get that gig.

I couldn't agree more. She is doing this for fun and for herself. Not to promote an album or anything. One thing I admire about Mel B, Geri and Emma is they are not hypocrites.
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 19 Mar 2017, 11:19

Amaranthine18 wrote:
sammy01 wrote:This was nice of Mel B because there was no reason to do it bar wanting to. She doesn't gain anything from it, it is just Mel B having fun and embracing that she is/was a spice girl and that is why we loved them all to start with.

I couldn't agree more. She is doing this for fun and for herself. Not to promote an album or anything. One thing I admire about Mel B, Geri and Emma is they are not hypocrites.

Sorry this is the same person who has lied constantly over the years about how the girls are all reuniting every year for a new tour or album for attention... :rolleyes:

Then there is the rubbish she has churned out non-stop about her solo album... :rolleyes:

Mel B uses the girls to further her own career just as much as the rest, she is not stupid.

Also Amaranthine you are the most hypocritical irritating person I have ever seen on here... goodbye pot.
bryand

Postby bryand » 19 Mar 2017, 11:19

Amaranthine18 wrote:

She's recorded it and posted it on social media therefore is self promoting. There's nothing wrong with that but it's still self promoting. Im sure they all sing the Spice Girls songs in private. Mel C said she sings the songs at home often with her daughter. That's not promoting, that's embracing. Also when she does sing a SG song as part of a set she has every right. She also has every right to not commit to a reunion tour. It's all so simple. Don't get me wrong, I wish she would do the reunion but I am capable of respecting her decision.
As for Geri I think you'll find she's the Queen of hypocrisy lol.
bryand

Postby bryand » 19 Mar 2017, 11:34

Jamie wrote:Neither Melanie or Victoria are 'distancing' themselves, they just don't want to do another reunion. There's a huge difference.

Exactly!!!! People just can't digest this or are rather blinkered lol
Maurice
Custom Title: Dutch Music Freak

Postby Maurice » 19 Mar 2017, 12:48

Have you all not read what Jay said in the other topic?! Can this Mel C/Victoria vs GEM bickering please stop and I mean from both sides! Can't read a topic here or someone is complaining or being negative for the sake of it.
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 19 Mar 2017, 12:54

spicefreak wrote:
Amaranthine18 wrote:

Sorry this is the same person who has lied constantly over the years about how the girls are all reuniting every year for a new tour or album for attention... :rolleyes:

Then there is the rubbish she has churned out non-stop about her solo album... :rolleyes:

Mel B uses the girls to further her own career just as much as the rest, she is not stupid.

Also Amaranthine you are the most hypocritical irritating person I have ever seen on here... goodbye pot.

Calling the attention of Jay. You know what to do.
Hannes84
Deactivated by request
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 19 Mar 2017, 13:25

spicefreak wrote:
Amaranthine18 wrote:

Don't forget her solo career lies. She announced she'd be dueting with Janet Jackson (which Janet shut down right away). :satan:
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Savanna

Postby Savanna » 19 Mar 2017, 19:56

Javi wrote:
Savanna wrote:She has a solo line on every Spice song (I'm pretty certain of this).

Well, she not on "Wasting My Time" at all. :p
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 19 Mar 2017, 20:11

Mel doesn't have a solo line in Naked though you can make out her voice during the bridge and chorus.
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 19 Mar 2017, 21:12

It is truly fascinating how something as undeniably positive like this, can be turned in to something negative. It just blows my mind.
Peter

Postby Peter » 20 Mar 2017, 00:21

Savanna wrote:
Javi wrote:

Well, she not on "Wasting My Time" at all. :p

That's why you've been answered with that;)
Peter

Postby Peter » 20 Mar 2017, 00:23

AcidBurn wrote:It is truly fascinating how something as undeniably positive like this, can be turned in to something negative. It just blows my mind.

Where did you find negativity in this topic? Except of one of users' responds that Mel's miming all the comments are positive?!
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 20 Mar 2017, 22:02

schizophonic_spice wrote:Mel doesn't have a solo line in Naked though you can make out her voice during the bridge and chorus.

She does share a solo line with Emma. I guess it counts.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 20 Mar 2017, 22:25

The Spice Girls wrote:Where did you find negativity in this topic? Except of one of users' responds that Mel's miming all the comments are positive?!

I'm not referring to the Instagram thing itself, which you are right has been getting good feedback, but more how people manage to turn even this into yet another mindless discussion about Mel C and Victoria vs GEM.

Return to “Spice Girls”