'Hold On' (feat. Alex Francis) ☆ Music Video now on YouTube

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
King

Re: Alex Francis Interview: Hold On, new UK single, out in April

Postby King » 02 Mar 2017, 18:12

I think this is definately what she needs right now, extra exposure, she had a nice exposure with Loving You. He also says the song will be featured extensively on radio, maybe there will be some extra push with the song being featured in some show or commercial.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 02 Mar 2017, 18:18

King wrote:I think this is definately what she needs right now, extra exposure, she had a nice exposure with Loving You. He also says the song will be featured extensively on radio, maybe there will be some extra push with the song being featured in some show or commercial.

Who is he though? This seems another Cool as you (which I remember people were saying the guy she did that with was going to blow up and become big) rather than another Loving You.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
bryand

Postby bryand » 02 Mar 2017, 19:01

felx wrote:I cant believe some of you thinks HO is radio friendly.......it is repetitive.....nice track.....but that's it.....
there is at least 3 tracks on the album that are more radio friendly...and more electronic.....

RFL is loved by 90% of her fans...

and everyone who is comparing Hold on to Loving you...is listening a different song.....:D

It's mad how we all think of songs so differently isn't it. Makes it interesting though. Yer I think Hold on is radio friendly! Needs a few tweaks here and there, more of a bigger build up after the middle 8 perhaps. Also I think RFL is great as well. I just don't get the hype for Loving You better. It's ok but not a single option imo. :)
felx

Postby felx » 02 Mar 2017, 19:10

bryand wrote:
felx wrote:I cant believe some of you thinks HO is radio friendly.......it is repetitive.....nice track.....but that's it.....
there is at least 3 tracks on the album that are more radio friendly...and more electronic.....

RFL is loved by 90% of her fans...

and everyone who is comparing Hold on to Loving you...is listening a different song.....:D

It's mad how we all think of songs so differently isn't it. Makes it interesting though. Yer I think Hold on is radio friendly! Needs a few tweaks here and there, more of a bigger build up after the middle 8 perhaps. Also I think RFL is great as well. I just don't get the hype for Loving You better. It's ok but not a single option imo. :)

yep funny how tastes are so different...:)

I just listened to Hold On again.......it is a nice track.....not bad at al... but for me it is not single material....if there are better songs on the album :shrug:
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 02 Mar 2017, 22:26

This new era is a snoozefest, I couldn't be less interested in Melanie's current projects even if I tried. :sad:
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 02 Mar 2017, 22:54

I haven't listened to Hold On yet, but I doubt it's as radio friendly as Room For Love , Escalator, Loving You Better. This seems like and odd move to release a song not included in the album. I had faith for this era, but after Dear Life's video, I have less hope.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 02 Mar 2017, 23:30

Having finally got around to listening to Hold On, I feel like it's a catchier and "easier" song for radio to get behind, more so than anything else remaining on the album actually.
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 03 Mar 2017, 00:31

I actually love the verses and the middle 8, but the chorus lacks momentum. Let's see where this goes...
SomeonesBaby

Postby SomeonesBaby » 03 Mar 2017, 00:45

Just listened to Hold On (my deluxe VOM copy arrived) and it sounds great. I can see it being played on the radio.

Still holding out hope for Loving You Better to get some more attention.
Sam Rogers-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Sam Rogers-Bennett » 03 Mar 2017, 02:48

The only thing I find weird is she was so happy with the album and didn't comprise. Then recorded new songs for the German release. Now though one of those new songs is being released as a single.

I could understand if it was a lot better than anything on the album or if it was Alex ft. Melanie C as anything side release but it's not. Even if a re-release of the album is coming it's not really strong enough to sell an album that's already not selling.

Maybe this Alex will become huge. He's related to James Bay so this could be the cleverest move possible at the minute.

I think One Minute is more single worthy than Hold On
tommie

Postby tommie » 03 Mar 2017, 12:03

Samuel-Bennett wrote:The only thing I find weird is she was so happy with the album and didn't comprise. Then recorded new songs for the German release. Now though one of those new songs is being released as a single.

I doubt Hold On was recorded post-album sessions - if anything I think this was the plan all along. The German label obviously wanted something extra to release it there, so she held off (pun not intended) Hold On from the initial release.

I'm also unsure if we'll get a major re-release of Version of Me - if anything it'll just be quietly added to future UK editions of it without much fanfare and that'll be that.
felx

Postby felx » 03 Mar 2017, 12:29

tommie wrote:
Samuel-Bennett wrote:The only thing I find weird is she was so happy with the album and didn't comprise. Then recorded new songs for the German release. Now though one of those new songs is being released as a single.

I doubt Hold On was recorded post-album sessions - if anything I think this was the plan all along. The German label obviously wanted something extra to release it there, so she held off (pun not intended) Hold On from the initial release.

I'm also unsure if we'll get a major re-release of Version of Me - if anything it'll just be quietly added to future UK editions of it without much fanfare and that'll be that.

we know she recorded something before German release!......
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 03 Mar 2017, 12:51

'Hold On' was definitely written during the 'Version of Me' sessions.

Source: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=222894&p=4099327l#p4099327
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 03 Mar 2017, 14:49

felx wrote:
tommie wrote:

we know she recorded something before German release!......

It could be 'One Minute'.

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 03 Mar 2017, 14:57

tommie wrote:

I really hope she releases Version of Me in Vinyl.
I remember an interview that she was saying that after the release of Version of me, she was in discussions of a Deluxe Version (which happened) and also a Vinyl Release.

Maybe she will re-release Version of Me with Hold On on the tour, as it can be promoted at the same time, but the time is running and I don't see any news :'(

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
kamel

Postby kamel » 03 Mar 2017, 16:27

she should make a sexy video with some kissing, it will get some attention in the media
Masterpiece
Custom Title: Immune

Postby Masterpiece » 04 Mar 2017, 17:39

A song like Room For Love would sell shitloads with a sexy video, like a woman rediscovering herself and her sensuality.
felx

Postby felx » 04 Mar 2017, 17:44

Masterpiece wrote:A song like Room For Love would sell shitloads with a sexy video, like a woman rediscovering herself and her sensuality.

+1

Now tell that to Melanie.....

sadly after dear Life video....I cant see her doing anything interesting or sexy or unexpected in her videos......
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Mar 2017, 20:08

Masterpiece wrote:A song like Room For Love would sell shitloads with a sexy video, like a woman rediscovering herself and her sensuality.

Uh, no. It's still Melanie C we're talking about here.
Hannes84
Deactivated by request
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 04 Mar 2017, 20:35

Something for the Fire is the ONLY track that should be a single right now
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Hannes84
Deactivated by request
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 04 Mar 2017, 20:45

carlojosegomez8 wrote:I am starting to feel lost with Version Of Me... I thought this will be an electronic dance album since Numb and Anymore were the first songs introduced. Well obviously not because they are the only two upbeat songs on the entire album... Then Dear Life became a single. It's a good ballad song and it's being electronic made it extra special but all the acoustic performances do not give this song justice especially Anymore. Then One Minute and Hold On were included on the Deluxe Edition of Version Of Me. Another set of ballad songs which are good songs but now Hold On will be released as a single? So I think it's okay to assume that more acoustic performances are coming our way...

So true. I was super excited when I heard Numb. Anymore is OK but Numb is far superior. Then when I listened to the album I was like.. wtf happened? This is boring and the album is NOT a grower. The only track I really like is Something for the Fire, but even that is just a continuation of Why & Home. She always has that one super depressing track on each album lol
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 04 Mar 2017, 20:52

^ The album is a HUGE grower. How many times have you listened to it?
Masterpiece
Custom Title: Immune

Postby Masterpiece » 05 Mar 2017, 02:55

tommie wrote:

I know. That's why the album will never really fly. Sex sells.
kamel

Postby kamel » 05 Mar 2017, 03:00

Masterpiece wrote:
tommie wrote:

I know. That's why the album will never really fly. Sex sells.

If she will do a sexy video it will get a backlash from the media and twitter because Mel C did bash Little Mix for being so sexual in their videos
Raphael
Custom Title: Blow Your Mind

Postby Raphael » 05 Mar 2017, 12:43

I'm here for it

GP is obviously not waiting for the popular sound from melanie. I mean both TAI and Anymore are proof that didn't work out for her. As much as I love RFL and Escalator I dont Think it'll make a difference. SFTF and VOM are way too moody. which imo leaves us Hold On and LYB. I think those are great choices

http://www.britneyboards.org --> referral: Raphael

JOIN :D

Return to “Melanie C”