Random Beckham News

Talk about Becks here
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Sah

Re: Random Beckham News

Postby Sah » 05 Feb 2017, 19:27

^ 3 YEARS?!!! What on earth!! Who bitches through emails with their friends, and advisers anyway!! You are not a high school gossip girl, Jesus!!!

I use email mostly for work, and few exchanges with my sisters or mom, but those are mostly done through texts!!!

And please, as if she would be spared, the uk press probably going through the emails as we speak, to have a new batch in time for her show on Sunday, ugh! Victoria is in NY already.
Suki

Postby Suki » 05 Feb 2017, 20:32

I have thought about that they have come out with this now because it is one week until her show.

So guyes what do you think. Has he written those e-mails like they have printed it or do you think that he as written something along the lines and they have changed it up so that it apears worth than it really is?
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 05 Feb 2017, 21:20

Suki wrote:I have thought about that they have come out with this now because it is one week until her show.

So guyes what do you think. Has he written those e-mails like they have printed it or do you think that he as written something along the lines and they have changed it up so that it apears worth than it really is?

I'm not sure. I'm sure there's some truth in some of it but not all of it.

Jonathan Ross has already come out to say the email about him being told to ask David questions on his chat show about a Knighthood is a load of rubbish. I don't see why he would lie about that.
nona

Postby nona » 05 Feb 2017, 23:06

^No talk show host would ever admit they were told what to ask. It makes them looks bad. Does anyone remember what was he promoting on this show (other than the knighthood, I mean :satan: )?

As for truth - it's not black and white. I hate reading any articles about hacking material because they are always riddled with half truths taken out of context. And while there are some things person should never, ever say no matter the context (that's why the "banter" is usually a shit excuse), there are things we all say in our private circle, but would refrain from saying "publicly".

Link to The Sun article is broken. Have they removed it?
Sah

Postby Sah » 05 Feb 2017, 23:34

^ Wow they indeed removed the article, it's not on their site anymore, but still plenty of others articles mentioning the leaks, so that is weird!

I did wonder if David had legal basis to sue since these are illegal, hacked documents, and all of these major newspapers published them.
nona

Postby nona » 06 Feb 2017, 00:17

^I thought that might be the reason this wasn't all over front pages this morning, the fact that documents were illegally obtained.

Btw, DM has an article about celebrity getting a super injunction against Sunday Times for something they were gonna publish today. The article is placed right next to articles they have on these leaks so they might be insinuating something. I think it's interesting since Sunday Times is not the kind of paper to concern themselves with Big Brother contestants and that type of celebrity so it's probably someone "big". Like, Beckham big. But, on the other hand, both of them have had a good relationship with Sunday Times these past few years and they have enough media experience to know that super injunctions don't work.
Sah

Postby Sah » 06 Feb 2017, 00:57

I really don't think that is him taking the injunction against Sunday Times, but Daily Mail has him (that shot wtih VB lol) as the cover again tonight, with some serious silly headlines that are not all that scandalous, except for their font, lol. They seem to be the only ones still going ahead with this.
gugette

Postby gugette » 06 Feb 2017, 01:19

Ooh, according to the mirror the hackers tried to blackmail the firm late last year and they refused, so they've known about this for a while.
raqueldbab

Postby raqueldbab » 06 Feb 2017, 01:31

I obviously live in another planet because I knew nothing about this untill....I saw it in press preview in Skynews. Shocked and this is made to ruin Victoria. He better hide away for a month.
Thank you for the heads up on the Poppy photos, they made me sick... people that drunk can't be alone without.... :dizzy:
Anyway, I started as VB fan, then DB more, now I'm VB all the way. He's been partying non stop since retirement, very little charity work!!
HE BETTER NOT DAMAGE VB BRAND! She works her but off and HE parties around, bastard.
I'm really upset especially since I'm blocking DM since brexit, Trump happened, France might not care If Le Pen happens and now bloody beckham is a prick. Seriously I thought it was another cheating scandal, so I'm glad it isn't that, but still how will the boys face school. They might move again If this gets big. :death:
Sah

Postby Sah » 06 Feb 2017, 01:50

^ Hahaha, lol, this is defo not that big, it's just him being embarrassing, and throwing a hissy fit over being denied the honor! But he could have used sexist, or racist language, THEN it would be game over! Also the records show he has raised almos 4.3 million pounds for his charity with UNICEF, and they have a clear way where the money went, to schools in Bangladesh.etc

gugette wrote:Ooh, according to the mirror the hackers tried to blackmail the firm late last year and they refused, so they've known about this for a while.

OMG, wow, that makes it a whole different ball game! Good for them for not allowing anyone to blackmail them, even this getting out is better than paying those assholes, wow!
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 06 Feb 2017, 10:26

Of course the Hate Mail is going on and on about it with rumors and "source says". But really nothing that hasn't been alleged before. Remember only a few weeks ago they reported that the Beckhams pay £20k a day to the taxman. So they need to stick to one angle.
grace4

Postby grace4 » 06 Feb 2017, 11:16

Sah wrote:I really don't think that is him taking the injunction against Sunday Times, but Daily Mail has him (that shot wtih VB lol) as the cover again tonight, with some serious silly headlines that are not all that scandalous, except for their font, lol. They seem to be the only ones still going ahead with this.

It may well be him. Both the Sun and the Times are owned by News UK. An article published by the Sun is just tabloid fodder. But when published by the Times, its a whole different ball game.
Margaret

Postby Margaret » 06 Feb 2017, 12:11

Let's hope nothing 'personal' comes out next...
Margaret

Postby Margaret » 06 Feb 2017, 12:14

It's disgusting that Victoria still gets the blame, I just read some comments on the DM site. :puke:
Sah

Postby Sah » 06 Feb 2017, 13:57

Michael they paid over 8 million pounds in taxes for 2015, their records are public and show that. DM is implying he wasn't as forhcoming with his taxes back in 2013 (they lived in LA few months before that, so of course his tax returns would be different), and it's one of the reasons he got blocked! But you can also see what he wrote in the email; "i have always paid my fucking taxes". :D

grace4 wrote:It may well be him. Both the Sun and the Times are owned by News UK. An article published by the Sun is just tabloid fodder. But when published by the Times, its a whole different ball game.

Now DM is saying it was indeed him who took the injunction over the Times. Today they have 5 different of their columnists writing super nasty take downs on them, smh! They are obsessed with this!
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 06 Feb 2017, 14:58

I think the DM need to realize that people don't care really. Everyone in Britain knew he was pretty desperate to get knighted. And the tax avoidance scheme rumors have been going around for years. His fans aren't going to desert him because of this, his followers on Instagram have increased.
Sah

Postby Sah » 06 Feb 2017, 15:13

^ And the thing is, they really never went out of their way to avoid taxes. No Panama set ups for them, he got invovled in the movie investing firm, that was a bit shady, but as records show for 2015 theire taxes are in full order now, and he pays them in millions!
nona

Postby nona » 06 Feb 2017, 20:30

Sah wrote:Now DM is saying it was indeed him who took the injunction over the Times. Today they have 5 different of their columnists writing super nasty take downs on them, smh! They are obsessed with this!

DM went ballistic when it was announced VB is getting an OBE. They were moaning for days. It's like they were training for this. I expect Donald's buddy will get his turn tomorrow.

Super Injunction is intriguing. Do they ever actually work or is it just a way to temporary stop the flood and "regroup".

Btw, I (am being super cynical and) think the fact hackers tried to blackmail him might actually help with public opinion. This way he's the brave guy putting his neck on the line fighting against mean thieves who want to make money off of someone and might came after anyone. If they didn't try blackmailing him than they would be presented as smart, determined people trying to unmask rich, privileged man scheming to get more money and privileges. Basically, public loves seeing someone trashed and humiliated, but the don't like money to be involved, because that makes it dirty. Or maybe I'm watching too much TV. :D
Sah

Postby Sah » 06 Feb 2017, 20:37

^ Oh yeah, look at Pig Morgan's twitter feed, he has been going on about this even harder than usual, the man is despicable! Surprised he didnt write an article already!

Yeah, by now everyone can agree injunctions are only to buy time, and do not work! However i do agree with you that the fact he was blackmailed first is a good angle to work lol! This way in future interviews he has an angle where he can say he would rather be embarrassed by the content of leaked emails, than give in, and pay those people the blackmail money! I would work that HARD if i was his adviser now haha!
King

Postby King » 06 Feb 2017, 22:26

Maybe we'll get that SG 5-piece reunion afterall...
do-it

Postby do-it » 07 Feb 2017, 17:38

These leaks really lift the lid on all the PR fakery behind Brand Beckham. It's all so cynical. I don't know if this will damage him/them longterm, but hopefully it will open a few people's eyes to what's really going on.
Suki

Postby Suki » 07 Feb 2017, 18:44

Finaly a decent article which puts everything in the right perspective.

In defence of David Beckham: We should be careful about attacking people's kindness in this world
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -kindness/
Sah

Postby Sah » 07 Feb 2017, 21:29

^ Aw at least ONE nice article, i am shocked, thanks for posting!
simby

Postby simby » 08 Feb 2017, 12:29

King wrote:Maybe we'll get that SG 5-piece reunion afterall...

I hope so!
simby

Postby simby » 08 Feb 2017, 18:19

Do you think this will or already have damaged the "Beckham Brand" or just David Image?
Thanks

Return to “David Beckham”