Victoria's Random News #2!

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Sah

Re: Victoria's Random News #2!

Postby Sah » 09 Sep 2016, 14:50

I watched it last night. I really liked it, a lot of people on Twitter hated it, but i thought the fact the director was such an outsider was a refreshing perspective, and he was far too nice to Alex, and the Vogue girls!!

It's super slow paced, and Shulman is fully in control to the point where creativity, and original content is overlooked for business, that is sad, but i guess to be expected. Wintour is way more open than Alex it seems.

And VB's bit is at the start, first 5 minutes, i think. Alex visits her at the NY office, which looks sprawling, busy, and beautiful. The short bit they showed, they really get a long, and Victoria was such a pro showing her the collection!! She looked lovely, and at one point even brushed Alex's cheek to remove her liptsick when she kissed her haha. But VB bit is super short.
Andre

Postby Andre » 10 Sep 2016, 01:10

Corinne Fisher , i think she is a comedian and a VB fan.

Just passed by Anna Wintour's office. I am officially one degree of separation from @victoriabeckham!!!! WILL THIS BE THE YEAR?!?!!
This tune is gonna punish you....
Andre

Postby Andre » 13 Sep 2016, 03:50

Ken Paves tweeted
Stunning @victoriaBeckham tonight @sethmeyers @NBC
12:35pm EST/11:35c #funny
#hair @kenpaves
#makeup @jeanniamakeup

Wow!!!
Andre

Postby Andre » 13 Sep 2016, 03:53

https://instagram.com/p/BKRwWsXhTyg/

Have tou guys seen this cute video... VB dancing in Times Square!!!
gugette

Postby gugette » 13 Sep 2016, 04:43

Andre wrote:https://instagram.com/p/BKRwWsXhTyg/

WTH? :confused: Soo random.
Sah

Postby Sah » 13 Sep 2016, 11:43

Lmao!! What was that? LOOL! Cute haha,she is loving it in NY this season haha! :laugh: I wondered if she filmed some sketch, but no cameras seen on IG shots, it seems it was after she filmed left Seth's show, haha.
Tony

Postby Tony » 13 Sep 2016, 22:10

Is this new? I just saw it today and love it

http://www.wallpaper.com/design/victori ... feedburner

Victoria Beckham’s transformation from pop celebrity and tabloid icon to the force behind a covetable fashion line is an extraordinary one. Indeed, when the Spice Girls burst onto the cultural landscape in 1996, it would have seemed unlikely that 20 years later she would be presiding over a label now fêted for its sleek, restrained lines.

But to hear Victoria Beckham tell it, she didn’t have ‘any grand expectations’ when making the transition from music to fashion. ‘I was just focused on creating clothes that I felt proud of and passionate about,’ says Beckham of launching her eponymous line in 2008. ‘The fact that the brand has since taken off in the way it has has been very humbling.’

Now, the label boasts its own handsome flagship store on London’s Dover Street, counts Net-A-Porter, Liberty and Barneys among its many stockists, and recorded a turnover of £34m in 2014.

But the signals that Beckham had an affinity for design were there at the start. She was the stylish Spice Girl who stood out amid her flashier bandmates. As her and her husband David’s fame grew, they embraced their roles as fashion plates with a mutual fondness for Gucci and Versace.

'I always knew that fashion was something I wanted to pursue,’ says Beckham. ‘After the Spice Girls, I had time to think about what I wanted to do next. I was raising a young family and supporting David in his career. But while I was doing that I was laying the foundations for my fashion business, working with brands and learning everything I could.’

After testing the waters by collaborating with denim label Rock & Republic in 2004, Beckham’s own denim line followed in 2007. She then unveiled her Victoria Beckham brand in September 2008, winning rave reviews. American Vogue predicted it would sell ‘not on the power of [Beckham’s] name but the sophistication of [the dresses’] cut and fit.’

While the designer’s first collections – created, like her current output, with a team based at her Battersea atelier – put the focus on corseted, constructed dresses that hugged the body, in recent seasons her designs have conveyed a more understated polish, with softened, relaxed lines. Her autumn 2016 collection, in a palette of navy and dark green with flashes of orange, spotlights slip dresses with bubble hems, oversized wool coats in houndstooth check, polo-necks in optical stripes, and pointy-toed, flat monk shoes.

‘I think, like a lot of women, my style has changed as I’ve got older and grown in confidence,’ says Beckham. ‘I’ve loosened up, I want to wear pieces that are easy and effortless. I dress for myself these days, I’m not trying to impress anyone else.’

And as a household name, the designer has seen the nature of being a celebrity undergo seismic changes in her 20-year career. Indeed, Beckham no longer has to turn to the media to tell her story. Now, her Instagram feed, peppered with images of her collections, her four children and famous husband, and goofy Snapchat selfies, provides her customers – and fans – with a peek into the world of brand Beckham. ‘I still find it incredible to think I can reach millions of people across the world at the touch of my finger,’ she says.

The designer has also managed to make a bold statement with the arresting Dover Street flagship. Beckham says that she chose to work with architect Farshid Moussavi on the space, which is housed in an imposing Georgian building, as she was drawn to the architect’s ‘inspiring’ and ‘fresh’ perspective.

Rendered in a palette of grey concrete, stainless steel and glass, with touches of pale gold and walnut to soften the lines, the store’s uncompromising mood is emblematic of Beckham’s own aesthetic evolution. ‘I wanted the retail spaces to be very distinctive, so I’m really thrilled that we were able to translate my design DNA into the store,’ she says. A second flagship has since been opened in Hong Kong, also designed by Moussavi.

The gallery-like London space has also quite literally taken on that purpose, playing host to a number of British artists’ works. ‘Art is a real source of inspiration for me,’ says Beckham. ‘It could be something as simple as a colour or a pattern, but it can often provide a fresh influence, or [an] idea that pushes you onwards when you’re embarking on the creative design process each season.’

Last year, British artist Eddie Peake created an installation for the store, daubing its unblemished white walls with blue acrylic paint. And for a party to mark the store’s first anniversary last September, Martin Creed created a custom installation of his Work No 2497: Half the air in a given space. Creed crammed the store’s entrance with scores of white balloons, so that guests had to wade through them to enter the party.

But despite earning recognition from the art and fashion worlds, Beckham isn’t resting on her laurels. She has now moved into beauty products, with a limited edition make-up collection with Estée Lauder that launched in September. The designer was particularly excited about dreaming up the packaging. ‘I went into the Estée Lauder archives and what we have created is inspired by their original 1950s packaging. If it’s in your handbag I want you to feel good about it,’ she says, describing the product design as ‘very cool, very sleek, luxurious and desirable’.

And while Beckham is enjoying this new challenge, she won’t stop there. ‘I’m looking forward to growing the brand even further – expanding into new markets, with new retail spaces. I’m very focused on building a label that’s going to be around for decades to come.’ Given that Beckham’s steely focus has already propelled her from pop product to a fashion authority, that wouldn’t be a surprise. 

Victoria Beckham is one of our 20 Game-Changers. Read about the other 19 here

As featured in the October 2016 issue of Wallpaper* (W*211)

Read more at http://www.wallpaper.com/design/victori ... U9FCdXL.99
Sah

Postby Sah » 13 Sep 2016, 22:25

^ It's new, from their October issue, a very nice write up. They had a "Game Changers - The Transformational Figures of the last Two Decades" feature, and she is one of the 20 people they included, its an honour. They used the Vogue Korea full shot from inside, as the photo with the article. Thanks for posting.
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 14 Sep 2016, 02:17

anyone got the full video of yesterday's interview on Late Night with Seth Meyers ?
Emma Station |
pinkbecca12

Postby pinkbecca12 » 14 Sep 2016, 10:08

tiagohm wrote:anyone got the full video of yesterday's interview on Late Night with Seth Meyers ?

http://uploadrocket.net/ql5kfcj1zz8c
Andre

Postby Andre » 14 Sep 2016, 19:10

Is she still in NYC??? Based on the last Instagram pic.....usually she says goodbye NYC.....

So the next is LFW....
Andre

Postby Andre » 15 Sep 2016, 00:47

tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 15 Sep 2016, 01:26

pinkbecca12 wrote:
tiagohm wrote:anyone got the full video of yesterday's interview on Late Night with Seth Meyers ?

http://uploadrocket.net/ql5kfcj1zz8c

thank you :lovers:
Emma Station |
Sah

Postby Sah » 15 Sep 2016, 12:21

That and the mint green vevlet one, is my favorite skirt she has worn in NY! Such great volume, and the leather looks so light, and gorgeous!
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 16 Sep 2016, 09:54

Andre wrote:https://instagram.com/p/BKRwWsXhTyg/

I understand now in context. The full video is on Brooklyn's IG with music from Bee Gees Stayin Alive.
Official Spiceworld
Custom Title: Spice Girls Net

Postby Official Spiceworld » 10 Oct 2016, 18:18

Victoria on the cover of VOGUE Australia October 2016. Out October 17th

SPICE GIRLS NET - Twitter|Facebook|Blog|Instagram
Sah

Postby Sah » 10 Oct 2016, 18:27

^ WOW, she is on FIRE! Great cover, similar to Vogue Korea (&Sylist) because its a profile shot, but i LOVE the masthead here, and the white shirt!

Thanks for posting!
gugette

Postby gugette » 10 Oct 2016, 18:32

Geez, wasn't she just on their cover? or was that last year? Nice shot.
simby

Postby simby » 10 Oct 2016, 18:45

Last year
Sah

Postby Sah » 10 Oct 2016, 18:57

gugette wrote:Geez, wasn't she just on their cover? or was that last year? Nice shot.

She was in 2015! They seriously LOVE her haha, but to be serious, what they love is the fact she sells for them, its just how it is with fashion mags. They wouldn't touch her if she bombed on her previous covers for them! :whistle:
do-it

Postby do-it » 10 Oct 2016, 19:23

"I want to inspire women to be the best version of themselves... Victoria Beckham talks to Vogue about being empowered"

:D :D :D
Lah
Custom Title: I love Hugh Dancy

Postby Lah » 11 Oct 2016, 14:15

She looks amazing on the cover! She is on Vogue fire :D
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Oct 2016, 14:54

^ Lovely to see you around Lah. :hug:

I JUST saw the storie you retweeted about Geri being pregnant. Aw, how lovely, i had no idea. So happy for her, she looks beautiful, and its already showing, bless.
Lah
Custom Title: I love Hugh Dancy

Postby Lah » 11 Oct 2016, 15:59

Sah wrote:^ Lovely to see you around Lah. :hug:

I JUST saw the storie you retweeted about Geri being pregnant. Aw, how lovely, i had no idea. So happy for her, she looks beautiful, and its already showing, bless.

Yes, she is! Bless her" :)

Return to “Victoria Beckham”