UN Ambassadorial Work

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
grace4

UN Ambassadorial Work

Postby grace4 » 25 Sep 2014, 10:53

So VB is in New York to speak at a press conference at the United Nations General Assembly. She is being made a UN Goodwill Ambassador (or has already been made one). Thought it would be good to have a separate thread for this.
grace4

Re: UN Ambassadorial Work

Postby grace4 » 25 Sep 2014, 11:09

Victoria Beckham jets into New York to speak during the United Nations General Assembly... on the same day as her flagship store opening in London

Her very first retail store might be opening its doors on London's trendy Dover Street on Thursday, but it seems that Victoria Beckham may not in fact be there for it.

On Wednesday, the popstar-turned-fashion designer jetted into New York, seen making a stylish arrival at JFK Airport ahead of addressing a press conference at the United Nations General Assembly the following morning.
The fashionista looked oh-so-stylish as she strutted through the terminal, head down and sunglasses firmly covering her eyes.
The 40-year-old hit all the right notes in a pair of low-rise slim-fitting charcoal tailored pants that finished just above the ankles.

A crisp white collared shirt was tucked in and rolled up at the sleeves, unbuttoned to reveal just a hint of cleavage that added a much-needed touch of femininity to the overall look.
She wore a matching blazer shrugged casually over her shoulders, while she kept her hands planted firmly in her trouser pockets as she hotfooted it in a pair of pointy black stilettos.
Her long brunette tresses were worn in a sleek style down over one shoulder, her face framed by some shorter tendrils.

She was nicely made up from the flight, a generous bronze covering blending in perfectly with her allover tan, her cheeks defined and accentuated, a sweep of soft pink blush on the apples and a subtle nude shade on her lips.
With her store opening its doors the following day, one would imagine the hands-on star being present to oversee the final touches, though that apparently isn't the case.

On Wednesday morning, she informed fans that she was headed for New York in her capacity as a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for their UNAIDS campaign.

Indeed, according to the official schedule, the mom-of-four is set to take to the podium at 10.30am alongside Michel Sidibé, the Executive Director of UNAIDS.

While she could well hop straight on a plane and be home in time to celebrate with her A-list pals on Thursday evening at her swish flagship store, it's anyone's guess if she'll make it in time.

Taking to Twitter once more upon arrival in New York, she seemingly hinted that she may not in fact make it in time as she sent her best wishes to her team ahead of the big day.

'Good luck to the team for my first store opening tomorrow @VBDoverSt! X vb #VBDoverSt,' she wrote.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ondon.html
Last edited by grace4 on 25 Sep 2014, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
Tony

Postby Tony » 25 Sep 2014, 11:10

Do we have any more into on this? All I have seen is her tweet. Would love to read more.
gugette

Postby gugette » 25 Sep 2014, 11:39

wow so she's speaking? with everything she has going on, having to fit a UN speech prep in it must have been crazy! Fingers crossed for her that it goes well.
Sah

Postby Sah » 25 Sep 2014, 12:27

OMG she is speaking? Wow, that is a bit fast (usually a new Ambassador is first introduced) to throw her into it, omg she must be terrified, i am TERRIFIED for her!!!

I hope it all goes well, and she comes across beautifully, this is a huge responsibility role for her to overtake, and a huge honor.

That DM article is so idiotic, why should she be there if there is no party, and knowing VB all final details were sorted before she left, they always bring the stupid!
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 25 Sep 2014, 15:24

Can't wait to see Geri and Victoria doing UN work together! :p
Sah

Postby Sah » 25 Sep 2014, 16:46

You can see it live here, she is SO Lovely:

http://webtv.un.org/live-now/watch/pres ... 1748553001
gugette

Postby gugette » 25 Sep 2014, 16:51

^ can't watch now, whats she wearing??
Tony

Postby Tony » 25 Sep 2014, 16:52

A blue tuxedo blazer and white top. Surprised she didn't wear a AW14 dress.
gugette

Postby gugette » 25 Sep 2014, 16:53

^ thanks. took a peek and she looks great! nice her and very animated.
kamel

Postby kamel » 25 Sep 2014, 16:54

Wow thank u im watching it now she is so cute :love:
raqueldbab

Postby raqueldbab » 25 Sep 2014, 16:58

This is surprising... it`s nice to see she has always a lot going on, it is never just one goal. I like the multi/tasking part of running a brand. Anyway, the DM is so dumb who would turn down the UN to open a shop?
Sah

Postby Sah » 25 Sep 2014, 16:59

That is a tough crowd, yes sir! All top Political journalist i recognize from CNN and Skye News, wow! But she handled it so well, LOVE seeing her like this. She was sincere, lively, and funny. The whole thing felt "serious", but her personality came through because what can you reply when someone asks you if you plan to be "UK version of Angelina Jolie"? lmao She probably expects a bit of skepticism for this role, but i hope she puts the work in, and proves them wrong, the president is a rascal as well, he laughed so hard at her little snippets.

And see this was, like i expected, an introduction of her as an Ambassador, what an honor. And on a shallow note, she looked great, hair was good, make-up looked fine as well, and i thought the long coat was perfect.

raqueldbab wrote: Anyway, the DM is so dumb who would turn down the UN to open a shop?

They would be the FIRST ones to call her out on it, and make a big deal if she did that, but she proved she has her priorities in order! So Proud of her today!
[Onur]
Custom Title: aka. realspice

Postby [Onur] » 25 Sep 2014, 17:05

so proud of her.
grace4

Postby grace4 » 25 Sep 2014, 17:15

oh I totally missed this. Is a clip available anywhere?
Sah

Postby Sah » 25 Sep 2014, 17:16

^ It will be eventually i think,

From their site:

UNAIDS appoints Victoria Beckham as International Goodwill Ambassador

GENEVA/NEW YORK, 25 September 2014—The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) has appointed leading fashion designer Victoria Beckham as UNAIDS International Goodwill Ambassador. The announcement was made at a special event held during the 69th United Nations General Assembly in New York.

“I dream of a generation free from HIV and I know that Victoria’s support will help us to achieve this shared goal,” said Michel Sidibé, Executive Director of UNAIDS. “Her creativity, innovation and outreach will amplify our efforts and bring us one important step closer towards ending the AIDS epidemic.”

In her new role as an Ambassador for UNAIDS Mrs Beckham will work towards ensuring that all children are born free from HIV and that children and women who are living with and affected by HIV have access to medicines and care.

“This is the beginning of an important journey for me. As a woman and a mother I have a responsibility to support other women,” said Mrs Beckham. “I am proud and honoured to be working with UNAIDS in this new role to help to raise resources and awareness to support and empower women and children affected by HIV.”

In February this year Ms Beckham visited HIV clinics in Cape Town, South Africa, where she learned about the importance of antiretroviral therapy and about how children are being left behind in accessing treatment.

Antiretroviral therapy can reduce the risk of a mother living with HIV passing the virus to her child to below 5%. However, in 2013, one third of pregnant women living with HIV did not have access to the life-saving medicines and 240 000 children became infected with HIV.

In 2013, less than half of all children who were exposed to HIV were tested for the virus within the optimum three-month period and only 24% had access to life-saving treatment. Without treatment, half of all children born with HIV will die by the age of two and the majority will die by the age of five.

Over the past five years providing access to antiretroviral medicines for pregnant women living with HIV has helped 900 000 children to be born free from HIV. UNAIDS and partners are working to ensure that all children, everywhere are born free from HIV and have access to the medicines, care and support they need.

UNAIDS

http://www.unaids.org/en/resources/pres ... 40925prvb/
Sah

Postby Sah » 25 Sep 2014, 17:19

Love this quote:

"There was only one place I knew I had to be when I received the invitation [to be Int. Goodwill Ambassador]. w/@UNAIDS "

https://twitter.com/UNAIDS/status/515150019184586752
Sah

Postby Sah » 25 Sep 2014, 17:45

Some photos:

Tony

Postby Tony » 25 Sep 2014, 17:48

This is amazing.
gugette

Postby gugette » 25 Sep 2014, 17:48

VB news galore today. I like. thx
Sah

Postby Sah » 25 Sep 2014, 17:59

This outfit just cracks me up, i know that is the last thing we should be discussing, and its so not what matters, but she is giving me major Hilary Clinton REALNESS with this suit:

gugette

Postby gugette » 25 Sep 2014, 18:02

^ Biatch!! Hilary rocks her pantsuits.
Sah

Postby Sah » 25 Sep 2014, 18:11

gugette wrote:^ Biatch!! Hilary rocks her pantsuits.

Hahah yeah, she got nothing on Hilary!

Love these shots, maybe not most flattering in your face close-ups, but when have we seen her "chatty"like this in last decade?!!

posh_girl

Postby posh_girl » 25 Sep 2014, 18:12

more pix at newscom

Return to “Victoria Beckham”