Spring/Summer 2017 Collection

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Sah

Re: Spring/Summer 2017 Collection

Postby Sah » 12 Sep 2016, 17:11

^Wonderful, Thank you. :)

WWD:

Victoria Beckham RTW Spring 2017
Amid moments of silence in observance of 9/11, Victoria Beckham showed a spring collection of easy, pretty clothes cut in interesting ways.

By Bridget Foley on September 11, 2016

Fashion prides itself on its place in the culture — entrenched and engaged. And it generally is. We live in a more, more, more, feeding-frenzy world and for better or worse, fashion has seized the moment. Our industry in all of its craziness can at times frustrate and overwhelm, but it seldom seems out of touch.

Yet just such a feeling made an uncomfortable appearance at Victoria Beckham on Sunday morning. Beckham held her show where she has for some time, at Cipriani on lower Broadway at 10 a.m. It just so happened that this show’s standing slot put it right in the middle of the 9/11 15th anniversary observance.

The fashion gathering felt less disrespectful than clueless — not Beckham, but all of us. She did all she could to be respectful, her camp e-mailing in advance that the 9:59 and 10:28 moments of silence would be observed.

For those who followed the excellent directions, also sent in advance, traffic was a breeze. If you didn’t know what was happening a stone’s throw away, you wouldn’t — there were no signs, no crowds, no excessive police presence, only flags at half-staff, if you happened to notice. You arrived at Victoria’s beautiful venue, sipped ice water and engaged in whatever conversation we all engage in during the preshow seated limbo. Then, an overall hush, the 9:59 moment of silence. Fashion chatter resumed. Soon, an announcement, and a moment of silence. Then more brief chatter, and show time.

Life goes on, thank God. Lower Manhattan is no longer a barren hole nor a gritty construction site, but a thriving epicenter of business, shopping and tourism, quiet away from the ceremony site, and Beckham’s show entrance, this Sunday morning. But at least for this reviewer, it felt a little off today, as this familiar activity of show-going came with a level of cognitive dissonance. Was right here, right now the time and place to be contemplating clothes?

The show itself proved a parade of loveliness, as she deftly infused interest into pretty, easy clothes.

Beckham loves a great dress, and has over the years swung between arch glam and more relaxed moods. Here, she upped the ante on languid, cutting dresses in interesting ways with twists, turns, angles and pleats. For these, she used unconventional fabrics, starting with panné velvets. In whites and wonderfully notice-me colors — lilac, aqua — they will lure the Beckham devotee even while challenging her a bit. A clever touch: big, charming cross-body bags. Shown in the same fabrics as the dresses, they added another layer of depth and intricacy to the silhouettes.

For Beckham, ease and sensuality are not either-or. A second major theme: bra constructions. She worked them into the dresses, and under jackets and pants cut with a hint of street for a dollop of appealing ying-yang.

Exiting the show, a street-style peacock did a bad job of pretending not to pose for photographers. Meanwhile, a double-decker tour bus drove by. Church bells rang in the distance.

http://wwd.com/runway/spring-ready-to-w ... am/review/
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 12 Sep 2016, 19:09

The full show
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9T5P78o9Dwk

I can't view it as it says "video not available"
Tony

Postby Tony » 12 Sep 2016, 23:14

https://www.businessoffashion.com/artic ... -418829617

No Compromises at Victoria Beckham
When Beckham made a big investment in crushed velvet for Spring, she knew she was taking a risk. Will it pay off?

NEW YORK, United States — Victoria Beckham’s Spring collection was gratifyingly peculiar: gratifying because it’s always interesting to see people defy expectations, peculiar because that defiance took such an…um…er… idiosyncratic direction.

“I’ve come into my own,” Beckham said during a preview on Saturday. “I’m challenging myself.” The risk with such an honourable yet wilful endeavour is that you might also end up challenging your audience to no good end. So, when Beckham made a big investment in crushed velvet for spring, she was taking a risk.

As much as she extolled the unprecedented lightness of the velvet she was using, all you could think about was the overwhelmingly oppressive humidity in the street outside, and wonder at how such a fabric would perform in such heat. Likewise her other choices, leather and washed satin, equally unseasonal at first thought.

Mind you, Beckham did use the velvet in extraordinary colours, also radiantly odd: a deep lilac, an orange so intense it was practically hazmat, an opalescent green that looked like the dream shade of a 19th century French decadent. She even knife-pleated this last one into a skirt, to compound its extraordinariness and paired it with a kimono-sleeved top in a print of wild roses, a hardy flower, not a pretty one. It fitted with the riskiness, the sense that Beckham feels she no longer needs to compromise on any level.

The same print decorated a leather skirt, also pleated, also paired with a wide-sleeved top. The outfit had a curious folkloric quality, which carried over into the accessories: the soft shoulder bag, in fabric to match whichever outfit it accompanied, the flat canvas boots. Without being exactly military, they left an impression of strong partisan women moving through mountains. Well, I did say idiosyncratic, and if that's how the Victoria Beckham woman fancies herself next spring, then the risk paid off.

The collection was on much more solid ground with the knitwear, Beckham’s top-selling category. The hipslung slouch of some dresses, the bias-draped, scarf-pointed languor of others, seemed much more in tune with the confident woman who took her bow at show’s end, someone who has indeed come into her own.
Tony

Postby Tony » 12 Sep 2016, 23:40

The show looks great in the video.
Sah

Postby Sah » 13 Sep 2016, 00:10

^ It truly does, i actually love this collection! She had a great year, because i was certain she wouldn't top the FW season! But this was so light, easy, and refreshing, the materials look stunning in the video, and it was an upgrade from the Feb show! (that crushed silk evolved, and addition of the velevet this time).

Do have to say; now that i seen it in motion, some of the impressions i got from the pictures were wrong (dammit, it always happens once i see things in motion lol)!! HATE the canvas flat boots, HATE! They did not work well when the girls walked, i actually liked them in photos, but seeing the video i feel like they stifled some of the looks! Those messenger bags were so cool, i can't get over how much i like those looks. And the elements of the lingerie were PERFECT in this collection! She used it before, but it looked new here with those bags!

Speaking of bags; i am a die hard structured bags woman! But she is seriously selling me those pouched soft bucket esque bags, they were sublime and so easy going, also the flower was a perfect little detail. Its been a while since i liked her bags this much.

Every single silk look that went down that runway i loved (that suit), the velvet even looked nice. Disliked some print looks, but what i like about this collection is that there are pieces that can be used, and transformed for day OR eveningwear. Once the runway styling is broken down, you get so much room to play, and make it your own. Especially the knit pieces looked so appealing, and luxurious!

And i can't finish without mentioning the STUNNING colours, they were delicious, and her best colour palette since FW11 collection, still one of my favorites!

Was there anything you especially disliked Tony?
Andre

Postby Andre » 13 Sep 2016, 22:36

This tune is gonna punish you....
zayra26

Postby zayra26 » 14 Sep 2016, 21:02

Lovely dress. I love the print
Andre

Postby Andre » 15 Sep 2016, 17:09

gugette

Postby gugette » 15 Sep 2016, 17:17

The prints look so good. Looks like the commercial pieces will be a hit.
Sah

Postby Sah » 15 Sep 2016, 17:23

Andre wrote:More unseen pieces

https://instagram.com/p/BKYWs9DA8ht/

Wow, thanks for posting, that is stunning! I wasn't a fan of the print on the ruwnay, but it looks fantastic here!
spiceboy83_au

Postby spiceboy83_au » 17 Sep 2016, 06:30

When is the Victoria by Victoria Beckham show scheduled?
Andre

Postby Andre » 17 Sep 2016, 23:13

Check the back.... There are heels in her collection not only flats...
Sah

Postby Sah » 17 Sep 2016, 23:22

spiceboy83_au wrote:When is the Victoria by Victoria Beckham show scheduled?

No exact date known, but in coming days, last year she showed it later in the week.
gugette

Postby gugette » 18 Sep 2016, 00:02

Andre wrote:Image

Check the back.... There are heels in her collection not only flats...

I think the model is wearing the heel, so I wouldn't get excited :satan:
Andre

Postby Andre » 19 Sep 2016, 22:20

VVB SS17

mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 19 Sep 2016, 22:39

Don't like the clown shoes but the clothes look well done. VVB has come a long way from those print dresses and t-shirts from season 1
Sah

Postby Sah » 19 Sep 2016, 22:54

Yeah, it really feels like a nice evolution of her main line. All coats, and jackets are so fantastic!
gugette

Postby gugette » 19 Sep 2016, 23:36

Who would have thought that her best outerwear would come from VVB.
zayra26

Postby zayra26 » 20 Sep 2016, 01:33

I don't like the shoes but I really love the clothes very fresh and cassual
gugette

Postby gugette » 21 Sep 2016, 02:45

I really like this VVB collection minus the stupid xtra long pants. One of the coolest collections she's done! What happened to the 'look' side of her site?
Andre

Postby Andre » 21 Sep 2016, 12:02

Can i just say that she looks so beautiful at this event.... way better than all her NYC outfits! Makeup and hair are very beautiful! Well done!
Sah

Postby Sah » 21 Sep 2016, 12:54

^ She tweeted that the models are wearing SS17, wtf!!

Looking at the VVB collection, its actually good enough to have its own runway show!
Andre

Postby Andre » 22 Sep 2016, 03:32

Sah wrote:^ She tweeted that the models are wearing SS17, wtf!!

Looking at the VVB collection, its actually good enough to have its own runway show!

No she didn't! She said she is wearing VVB ss17

Thank u @esteelauder team for all your amazing work! Ladies looking beautiful in my #VBxEsteeLauder city looks! Wearing my new #VVBSS17 x VB

Return to “Victoria Beckham”