Spring/Summer 2017 Collection

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
gugette

Re: Spring/Summer 2017 Collection

Postby gugette » 11 Sep 2016, 19:09

Sah wrote:She is still doing press backstage, wow, very busy this season. But its smart to get EL promos in there before next week.

Seems the lunch at Balthazar is also EL related. Someone posted a Balthazar menu and note from VB.
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Sep 2016, 19:11

^ Oh interesting, didnt see that. She is now about to do another Facebook Q&A with Lisa from Telegraph. Lisa posted a SUPER cute video of VB noticing her, and saying hi, go check it out.

I just have to say that the flat sandals she is rocking today are FANTASTIC, so simple, and cool. I would rock these!
gugette

Postby gugette » 11 Sep 2016, 19:14

Sah wrote:^ Oh interesting, didnt see that. She is now about to do another Facebook Q&A with Lisa from Telegraph. Lisa posted a SUPER cute video of VB noticing her, and saying hi, go check it out.

I just have to say that the flat sandals she is rocking today are FANTASTIC, so simple, and cool. I would rock these!

I'm on their facebook page but don't see anything about it.
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Sep 2016, 19:19

^ They said on Twitter its about to start shortly, her press must have delayed her.

Business of Fashion:

No Compromises at Victoria Beckham
When Beckham made a big investment in crushed velvet for Spring, she knew she was taking a risk. Will it pay off?
by Tim Blanks

NEW YORK, United States — Victoria Beckham’s Spring collection was gratifyingly peculiar: gratifying because it’s always interesting to see people defy expectations, peculiar because that defiance took such an…um…er… idiosyncratic direction.

“I’ve come into my own,” Beckham said during a preview on Saturday. “I’m challenging myself.” The risk with such an honourable yet wilful endeavour is that you might also end up challenging your audience to no good end. So, when Beckham made a big investment in crushed velvet for spring, she was taking a risk.

As much as she extolled the unprecedented lightness of the velvet she was using, all you could think about was the overwhelmingly oppressive humidity in the street outside, and wonder at how such a fabric would perform in such heat. Likewise her other choices, leather and washed satin, equally unseasonal at first thought.

Mind you, Beckham did use the velvet in extraordinary colours, also radiantly odd: a deep lilac, an orange so intense it was practically hazmat, an opalescent green that looked like the dream shade of a 19th century French decadent. She even knife-pleated this last one into a skirt, to compound its extraordinariness and paired it with a kimono-sleeved top in a print of wild roses, a hardy flower, not a pretty one. It fitted with the riskiness, the sense that Beckham feels she no longer needs to compromise on any level.

The same print decorated a leather skirt, also pleated, also paired with a wide-sleeved top. The outfit had a curious folkloric quality, which carried over into the accessories: the soft shoulder bag, in fabric to match whichever outfit it accompanied, the flat canvas boots. Without being exactly military, they left an impression of strong partisan women moving through mountains. Well, I did say idiosyncratic, and if that's how the Victoria Beckham woman fancies herself next spring, then the risk paid off.

The collection was on much more solid ground with the knitwear, Beckham’s top-selling category. The hipslung slouch of some dresses, the bias-draped, scarf-pointed languor of others, seemed much more in tune with the confident woman who took her bow at show’s end, someone who has indeed come into her own.

https://www.businessoffashion.com/artic ... compromise
Last edited by Sah on 12 Sep 2016, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
gugette

Postby gugette » 11 Sep 2016, 19:41

kittie

Postby kittie » 11 Sep 2016, 19:42

^love it!
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Sep 2016, 19:48

Can't find the Q&A, they messed it up, ugh!

Rocking the floral two piece!
nona

Postby nona » 11 Sep 2016, 19:53

Nice outfit. So many people on the street. Is it possible they were just passing by or were they waiting for her?

Nice article in Vogue UK, plus surprising praise for David's LEFT foot. :D
nona

Postby nona » 11 Sep 2016, 19:58

http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spri ... ia-beckham

To study paparazzi pics of Victoria Beckham in the weeks leading up to her show gives you a good idea about the direction her collection will take. Over the summer, Beckham sported looks with more volume. At a preview a couple of days ago she wore slouchy pajama-style pants and flats. Feeling relaxed, then? The theory bore fruit on her runway this morning. She continues to distance herself from her wiggle dress early days. For Spring, she made a point about ease by washing and crushing precious silks and velvets, deconstructing clingy knit dresses so necklines exposed the clingy knit bras underneath, and sending most looks out with flat knee-high boots made from canvas and leather. Bras, in general, were a big story, standing in for shirts under a couple of silk suits, and pairing with skirts that came out from hip bones. These might prove too relaxed for ladies of a certain age, or anyone over a size 4.

The collection’s undisputed selling point was its luscious color. The peppermint and lilac of her crushed silk velvet, which she also used for unstructured cross-body bags, has an almost iridescent quality, and the orange of a ribbed knit dress fairly pulsated. Elsewhere, she printed white leather with delicate floral motifs. The sleeper hit just might be a navy dress in multiple layers of chiffon so light Beckham and co. have taken to calling it sea foam. That’s the kind of relaxed a woman could really get into.
gugette

Postby gugette » 11 Sep 2016, 20:02

nona wrote:Nice outfit. So many people on the street. Is it possible they were just passing by or were they waiting for her?

Nice article in Vogue UK, plus surprising praise for David's LEFT foot. :D

People were waiting for them. Balthazar and the show location are tourists attractions now on her show days smh. Someone posted on ig about it.
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Sep 2016, 20:12

Seeing her in that dress, really makes me want to see retail pieces. So much of what she shown, will be toned down, and modified for retail!
gugette

Postby gugette » 11 Sep 2016, 20:40

um, is David wearing a corduroy suit? :dizzy:
gugette

Postby gugette » 11 Sep 2016, 20:46

with a Vogue Thialand editor
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 11 Sep 2016, 21:25

Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Sep 2016, 21:40

^ That is Beyonce & Jay-Z level of crazy. Balthazar called the Police because they couldn't control the crowd, smh!

gugette wrote:um, is David wearing a corduroy suit? :dizzy:

He sure is, yuck! I seen it when he arrived at her show! :nono:
gugette

Postby gugette » 11 Sep 2016, 21:47

Sah wrote:^ That is Beyonce & Jay-Z level of crazy. Balthazar called the Police because they couldn't control the crowd, smh!

gugette wrote:um, is David wearing a corduroy suit? :dizzy:

He sure is, yuck! I seen it when he arrived at her show! :nono:

lol no wonder Anna looked a bit pinched when he came to take his seat. I wonder if he'll head to tennis.

That's soo silly. It's NYFW, there're celebs on every corner but people are waiting around to catch a glimpse of the Beckhams?
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 11 Sep 2016, 22:15

I love her and as a bag designer I think she's doing a good job with accessories but overall I feel her latest collections very boring.
I am glad she's so successfull but actually I miss the popstar, I have much better designers to idolize

Let's hope her children will push her to reunite with the girls in the next couple of years :D
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
kamel

Postby kamel » 11 Sep 2016, 22:19

Fulvio84 wrote:I love her and as a bag designer I think she's doing a good job with accessories but overall I feel her latest collections very boring.
I am glad she's so successfull but actually I miss the popstar, I have much better designers to idolize

Let's hope her children will push her to reunite with the girls in the next couple of years :D

Maybe she will reunite with GEM for 25th anniversary of wannabe.
Tony

Postby Tony » 11 Sep 2016, 23:48

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/201 ... shion-week

Victoria Beckham steers a clever course through New York fashion week
Not many designers have navigated the tempestuous new world of fashion week like the former pop star

New York fashion week is a tempestuous place to be: it is at the mercy of tyrannical celebrity egos, as evidenced by Kanye West’s two-hour catwalk spectacle, which saw a model faint in the heat. And it has undergone a rapid shift from being an insider’s world of seating plans and civilised four-month lead times into being a consumer-facing Disneyworld of clothes which are on sale as well as on show, in full-sized funfairs (Tommy Hilfiger) and pop-up sweet stores (Alexander Wang).

Meanwhile, brands less brave or brazen continue to stage traditional catwalk shows to polite but dwindling audiences, ploughing on like the band on the Titanic.

Victoria Beckham is one of the select few brands successfully steering a level course through this storm. The status of the Beckham show as one of the established must-sees on the fashion week schedule is quite a turn-up for the books, when you consider the scepticism with which the former pop star’s fashion career was initially greeted, but that is the fickleness of fashion for you.

With her collection for spring, Beckham once again showed a deft touch in putting a palatable, glossy spin on styles which have been hovering at the more intimidating edges of fashion. Right now, fashion’s cutting edge is all about oversized, louchely loose clothes, and this collection was a prettily coloured take on the unstructured, dressed-down silhouette. Asymmetrically panelled skirts and loose, low-slung trousers were balanced by pretty botanical prints and flashes of skin at the ribs and spine. A crushed-velvet dress in peppermint green was an instant standout. Flat boots underlined the cool, unfussy tone.

The breadth of appeal of the Victoria Beckham brand was clearly evident on her front row. There are not many catwalk shows which attract high-profile millennials and their parents, but David Beckham and Anna Wintour were flanked by their children, 17-year-old Brooklyn Beckham and 29-year-old Bee Shaffer. The Beckham brand bridges the fashion divide, underpinned both by a very modern social media power base – Brooklyn’s Instagram video of the above-mentioned mint green dress had been watched 250,000 times within an hour of the show – and by a rather old-fashioned work ethic and sense of propriety.

“It’s a free spirited look – but not in a bohemian way, if you know what I mean. It’s about clothes that are loose and easy, but still flattering,” Beckham said. The relaxed structures of the clothes put the fabrics in the spotlight, and her team “worked hard to take traditional fabrics and evolve them in new ways. Like taking velvet and washing it and pleating it, so that you come up with something fresh,” she said.

Key to the Victoria Beckham appeal is how it combines new-season fashion with old-fashioned vanity, in a marketplace where many brands require you to choose one or the other. The look has evolved from the dresses of early seasons, but “my silhouette is always very flattering. That is a signature for me. But loose and easy can be flattering,” Beckham said.

Well aware that her own outfit will be as scrutinised as any of her models’, she underscored this message by taking her bow in loose-fitting trousers and flat shoes. “I have always tried to focus attention at the show on the collection,” said Beckham the day before the show. “That’s why other than David and the kids I have never had celebrities at the show. I want the focus to be on the product.”

The show began on a sombre note. In Lower Manhattan on the 15th anniversary of the September 11 attacks, the run-up to the show coincided with the minutes of silence marking the times at which the two towers fell. At the show, American Vogue’s Wintour and Grace Coddington, along with David Beckham, took the lead in standing to observe the silences.
Tony

Postby Tony » 11 Sep 2016, 23:51

Tony

Postby Tony » 12 Sep 2016, 00:07

Sah

Postby Sah » 12 Sep 2016, 11:27

Thank you so much Tony for posting those. :)
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 12 Sep 2016, 11:30

I hope the video of the full show is posted today. On Vogue Twitter there is a clip showing the official runway footage so it must be ready.
Sah

Postby Sah » 12 Sep 2016, 12:00

Tony wrote:Great backstage pics here - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/new- ... ek-show-h/

Can someone post these photos, it's not letting me view them. :despise:
Lah
Custom Title: I love Hugh Dancy

Postby Lah » 12 Sep 2016, 16:44

Sah wrote:
Tony wrote:Great backstage pics here - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/new- ... ek-show-h/

Can someone post these photos, it's not letting me view them. :despise:

They are all here: http://www.zigazig-ha.com/zgallery/thum ... lbum=10749 (backstage HQs)

Return to “Victoria Beckham”