Why did Victoria give up her singing career?

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Sparrow

Re: Why did Victoria give up her singing career?

Postby Sparrow » 20 Sep 2016, 22:29

Alexpc wrote:Because she is weak, and she doesn't have respect for music and the incredibly big chance she got.

There are a lot of people out there (including some of the other Spices) that received a lot of critics too, but they were strong enough to carry on and believe in themselves enough to pursue their music dreams even if the press and the critics were against it.

She is a superficial woman with no self esteem, and she needs people to tell her she is good to feel confident. She even said that in her autobiography, so now people and critics say she is good in fashion, so she feels confident on that field. Sad.

If music really was her passion, she would certainly talk about it with resentment and how she likes/misses singing/recording/performing and thats exactly the opposite. Look at Emma. She stopped recording and, yet, she still says she loves singing - it's a passion of hers. As for fashion, instead, Victoria's been saying she loves it since 1996.

And what incredibly big chance are you talking about? Did you honestly see a future for her in music?
She wasnt incredibly talented as a music artist to begin with, she was just a girl who sang - no real passion for the production, writing, etc.
She does have a lot more to contribute in fashion than in music and she has the right to want to be successful.
Alexpc

Postby Alexpc » 21 Sep 2016, 07:42

Sparrow wrote:
Alexpc wrote:Because she is weak, and she doesn't have respect for music and the incredibly big chance she got.

There are a lot of people out there (including some of the other Spices) that received a lot of critics too, but they were strong enough to carry on and believe in themselves enough to pursue their music dreams even if the press and the critics were against it.

She is a superficial woman with no self esteem, and she needs people to tell her she is good to feel confident. She even said that in her autobiography, so now people and critics say she is good in fashion, so she feels confident on that field. Sad.

If music really was her passion, she would certainly talk about it with resentment and how she likes/misses singing/recording/performing and thats exactly the opposite. Look at Emma. She stopped recording and, yet, she still says she loves singing - it's a passion of hers. As for fashion, instead, Victoria's been saying she loves it since 1996.

And what incredibly big chance are you talking about? Did you honestly see a future for her in music?
She wasnt incredibly talented as a music artist to begin with, she was just a girl who sang - no real passion for the production, writing, etc.
She does have a lot more to contribute in fashion than in music and she has the right to want to be successful.

Right, she is not incredibly talented, same as Geri, JLo, Kesha, Selena Gomez, Lana del Rey and many more... (Before you mention they are talented songwriters, there is Britney Spears, Justin Bieber, etc) And they are all succesful in music.

Pop music is not all about having a good voice or writing good songs, for some popstars it's more about image, personality and charisma.
Victoria was one step ahead, she was already famous, she had already sold 70 million records when she started her solo career. (That's the incredibly big chance I am talking about BTW)
Geri made it, Victoria could have too, only she didn't have the drive and the strength to go for it.
Syd

Postby Syd » 24 Sep 2016, 19:58

In my opinion her passion is being successful. I've seen interviews (first solo record era) where she says she wants to succeed no matter what and that she would keep trying... Never heard her talk about her love for making music being her priority (if that were the case she'd still do it even if she didn't sell much.)

I never really cared about her as a part of the Spice Girls but she should be the poster child for the concept of "Re-inventing oneself", especially when she's being much more successful (notoriety, money, respect from peers) than the first time around. This Victoria I like, she seems to have found her element.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 25 Sep 2016, 10:42

Anyway it's very sad that Victoria didn't release her last double album, I would love to have the songs in proper studio version!
Savanna

Postby Savanna » 25 Sep 2016, 18:13

I agree with most of the posts in this thread. I think the biggest reason is..
There was no real financial gain for her, in fact she was probably losing money. I would imagine the label was putting a lot of money into the recording, filming videos, and promoting her because she is a big name, but they likely weren't really seeing any of it back.
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 14 Oct 2016, 17:40

Honeslty I don't understand those girls.
They have been all very weird with music carrer, apart of Mel C who still go on on her way, all the others stop just for a so called flops, like the end of the World and start to believe is impossible for them to release any new music as they ar just a XFactor OneHitWonder, instead of the icons they actually are. Ya, as solo they can sell much less then as group, doesnt mean is a reason to stop doing it. I feel so sad about it, I really miss to get new music from them, just Mel C is not enough, I'd need at least geri and emma...
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
tommie

Postby tommie » 14 Oct 2016, 22:52

Obviously, she got the most ridicule, the one that couldn't sing, the untalented one... then to burn through two record contracts and pretty much recording three albums (but only one released) - who wouldn't be discouraged. Then she started getting successful in fashion, so why go backwards?
Jer

Postby Jer » 29 Nov 2016, 19:43

Jamie

Postby Jamie » 29 Nov 2016, 21:00

What a disgusting person you are.
alexgirardii
Custom Title: back in business

Postby alexgirardii » 30 Nov 2016, 00:32

Vomiting Porpoise wrote:
Alexpc wrote:Because she is weak

She is a superficial woman with no self esteem

This is the perfect image for this:
Spice Girls feat. Indigno Kid
Spice_addict

Postby Spice_addict » 30 Nov 2016, 01:19

People saying she is weak is full of shit. She was fighting so hard to get any kind of credit as a solo artist. The press never gave her a chance. She was always gonna be the Spice Girl who couldn't sing, no mater what she would have released.
mrvb_19

Postby mrvb_19 » 30 Nov 2016, 03:37

Im not sure why she was called the spice girl who cant sing. Was it because she sang less verses than the other three? Having a number one record or a hit doesnt guarantee that you can sing
VivaMGMVE
Previous username(s): VBrocks!

Postby VivaMGMVE » 30 Nov 2016, 08:05

Honestly, I feel like the Open Your Eyes album would have really been a critical and commercial success at the time of its release. Its a shame that she gave up. I think timing and the economics of it all were against her. The comments earlier about recording all that material to fill two full albums is costly and given Telstar and RocWorld (or whatever Damon Dash was calling his non-US focused label) were small, it seems like a ton of capital was spent on the albums that surely she saw the pressure mounting and then all that David/Rebecca Loos stuff happened and it all went a bit sideways. Can you imagine her embarking on album/additional singles promo in 2004? It would have been way over exposure like the VB album but in a very different way and her family life was being dragged up publicly.

Its so sad because, for me, the OYE album has aged so well and there are some really nice tracks on there that could have made an impact in the US at the time. If Dash and 19 could have come to an arrangement for release stateside, and the Loos thing not happened when it did, I think we could have had a very different career trajectory for VB. Alternately, Im not sure I believe that Dash had her interests in mind at all. He just wanted to make money...but his reputation at the time could have done good for her in the US with the OYE album.

I can totally see that it would feel as if everything was going terrible in 2004. Makes sense to me why she bagged it. Damn shame tho.
Alexpc

Postby Alexpc » 04 Dec 2016, 05:23

Spice_addict wrote:People saying she is weak is full of shit. She was fighting so hard to get any kind of credit as a solo artist. The press never gave her a chance. She was always gonna be the Spice Girl who couldn't sing, no mater what she would have released.

Don't come at me with insults because I don't share your opinion. It says a lot about you.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 04 Dec 2016, 13:26

Alexpc wrote:
Spice_addict wrote:People saying she is weak is full of shit.

Don't come at me with insults because I don't share your opinion. It says a lot about you.

"Because she is weak (...) She is a superficial woman with no self esteem"

That says a lot about you too, then.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Hannes84
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 05 Dec 2016, 17:23

Spice_addict wrote:People saying she is weak is full of shit. She was fighting so hard to get any kind of credit as a solo artist. The press never gave her a chance. She was always gonna be the Spice Girl who couldn't sing, no mater what she would have released.

It's kinda sad, cause you see people like Dannii Minogue having hits every now and then, and it's not like she can actually sing that well either. Victoria sounds fine, especially on Let Your Head Go. It sounds like a Dannii Minogue song, and had she done it, it would've been a huge hit. She's got potential, a lot of it, but just doesn't wanna use it. If big internationally successful DJs want to work with her, she should do it. But its not in my hands ofc.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Jer

Postby Jer » 07 Dec 2016, 21:17

Alexpc wrote:

Unfortunately, "opinions" don't have credence if they aren't delivered with TACT.
Alexpc

Postby Alexpc » 29 Dec 2016, 07:06

Javi wrote:
Alexpc wrote:
Spice_addict wrote:People saying she is weak is full of shit.

"Because she is weak (...) She is a superficial woman with no self esteem"

That says a lot about you too, then.

I was being asked "Why did Victoria give up her singing career?" in the post's tittle, I didn't insult her by calling her weak or superficial, I told what I think is the reason why she gave up. "Full of shit" on the other hand is a straightforward insult.

Jer wrote:Unfortunately, "opinions" don't have credence if they aren't delivered with TACT.

TACT???
Doesn't ring a bell...

Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 29 Dec 2016, 20:51

sorry but lol

"being full of shit" isn't a straightforward insult, it's just a way of saying "people speaking their arse about things they don't know about" or "haters". Saying someone is weak and with no self esteem is a lot worse thing to say about someone (specially someone you don't know), that's even closer to bullying. "being full of shit" is way more generic and less insulting than directly attacking someone's supposed weakness and lack of self esteem.

That's like saying "you're a freaking bipolar" is softer than saying "oh, fuck off". The words might look worse (shit, fuck), but the meaning and the intentions are a lot worse when you're attacking someone's state of mind and personal issues.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.

Return to “Victoria Beckham”