Victoria Beckham Fall/Winter 2017 Collection

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Sah

Re: Victoria Beckham Fall/Winter 2017 Collection

Postby Sah » 13 Feb 2017, 20:06

^ I checked and DM only has photos of them at JFK airport, leaving NY. And they assuming they are heading back home, but kids have school off, and usually they fly to LA for a short vacation.

Vogue Paris:

"This season's girl is chic, fresh, intelligent and positive" the designer told us backstage. Victoria Beckham prioritized optimism in a collection founded on self confidence, identity and comfort.

Since day one, Victoria Beckham's collections have been all about style and well-being. Her looks center on her own impeccable look, eternally chic and very wearable. The raison d'être behind her fashion has always been to create a beautiful and strong silhouette for the individual. As usual, there was no clear inspiration for Victoria's Fall/Winter collection. Instead, it paid homage to English heritage with variations on the suit, playing with tailoring and menswear references. Everything was fluid and easy to wear with the jersey and mesh hugging the lines of the body and the skirts floating in the wind. Meanwhile the oversized blazers were upgraded with a rounded sleeve for an air of delicacy that was coupled with 70s prints complimenting the rose-tinted nude makeup pallet, red lip and blue eyeshadow. "It was all about creating a beautiful and strong woman," the designer said backstage. "I wanted to design a silhouette that protected the woman whilst being sexy but strong, all with a sense of optimism because we have to be positive in this day and age."

http://en.vogue.fr/fashion/fashion-news ... show/40808
Last edited by Sah on 14 Feb 2017, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.
TOKYO

Postby TOKYO » 13 Feb 2017, 22:23

is there a video from the show?
Sah

Postby Sah » 13 Feb 2017, 22:33

^ Still nothing, usually it takes them few days before it's uploaded to her YT channel.
gugette

Postby gugette » 13 Feb 2017, 22:43

^ That always baffles me. It's not like the show needs to be heavily edited so I don't get why they're so slow to post it. I assume they get all the music rights stuff sorted before putting it in the show but who knows...
Andre

Postby Andre » 14 Feb 2017, 02:54

She posted some pictures of the show and the video!!

https://youtu.be/gvIfv2JgkT0
This tune is gonna punish you....
TOKYO

Postby TOKYO » 14 Feb 2017, 14:34

Andre wrote:She posted some pictures of the show and the video!!

https://youtu.be/gvIfv2JgkT0

Thanks a lot!
jezebelvictoria

Postby jezebelvictoria » 14 Feb 2017, 15:52

I almost feel like I'm being played by Victoria. Like she's reading the forum and seeing me bitching all time about how much I want a heel and how much I dislike her shoes so far. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm clearly joking but now with the release of her first pump, I'm just going to try and not even think about a damn heel from her. I mean seriously, what is that even? It looks like an arched slipper with a peg in it, from the back/side and from the front/side it looks like an elf shoe. Over it.

Dramatics aside, I'm really like this season. I'm so getting a pair of gloves.
mrvb_19

Postby mrvb_19 » 14 Feb 2017, 16:04

She's Featured on Vogue's Show of Strength segment.
Andre

Postby Andre » 14 Feb 2017, 17:14

I really like thia interview with 10Magazine

http://www.10magazine.com/womenswear/10 ... ia-beckham
This tune is gonna punish you....
gugette

Postby gugette » 14 Feb 2017, 17:45

Andre wrote:I really like thia interview with 10Magazine

http://www.10magazine.com/womenswear/10 ... ia-beckham

Nice interview, she seems to have a nice relationship with 10. That shoot she did with them is one of my faves and I loved that hilarious video with Sophia.
Sah

Postby Sah » 14 Feb 2017, 20:30

Loved seeing the collection in motion. This time i like it less after seeing the video, it needed more sex appeal imo. The Nash inspired prints are not to my liking. But all the coats are epic, and those geometric knits are soo lush! And JezbelVictoria i defo saw some high heeled boots in the video, the bright red ones? They had a major heel!

Also did not notice, until the video, she even her her own scarfs this season, they looked amazing!

mrvb_19 wrote:She's Featured on Vogue's Show of Strength segment.

Where? I can't find anything.
gugette

Postby gugette » 14 Feb 2017, 20:40

Yes! The prints did not look luxe at all, its like something you'd see at any of those large discount chains.
I now love the coats and blazers. Still its a pretty forgetable collection for me. Im curious about the commercial pieces.
Sah

Postby Sah » 14 Feb 2017, 23:43

^ Thank you, i thought it was a video. I seen this in my digital issue, and its so amazing how supportive US Vogue is of her. The fact she was included on that list is such an honour! There is also Amber Valetta wearing her SS look in the magazine.

gugette wrote:Yes! The prints did not look luxe at all, its like something you'd see at any of those large discount chains.
I now love the coats and blazers. Still its a pretty forgetable collection for me. Im curious about the commercial pieces.

Yes, totally! The print was no good, but in the video i realized that the balzers were fantastic. I hated the plaid ones, but seeing them in motion they were well done with stunning sleeve detail!
Sah

Postby Sah » 15 Feb 2017, 01:19

jezebelvictoria wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:Ahhh, ok, thanks for explaining! I guess it's a big difference for ladies especially to have a proper VB perfume;)

Not just that but for the label as well. The perfume industry is huge and a release for her label could be massive and I'm hoping that since she's already dabbled into the fragrance department with a partnership with Coty that she won't do a collaboration with anyone for the perfume and it's strictly under 'Victoria Beckham'. I'm kind of shocked a perfume hasn't come out yet.

Aaah!! Get excited, girl!!! In US Vogue March issue profile (mrvb_19 linked it), it is mentioned she is going to release a fragrance (coming soon they say!!)!! Wow, finally!!! :dee: :music: :dee:

When i got my digital issue, i didn't read her profile straight away (its a huge ass issue), so reading now i almost fell of my chair at the mention of the fragrance plans! :grin:
jezebelvictoria

Postby jezebelvictoria » 15 Feb 2017, 07:40

Sah wrote:
jezebelvictoria wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:Ahhh, ok, thanks for explaining! I guess it's a big difference for ladies especially to have a proper VB perfume;)

Not just that but for the label as well. The perfume industry is huge and a release for her label could be massive and I'm hoping that since she's already dabbled into the fragrance department with a partnership with Coty that she won't do a collaboration with anyone for the perfume and it's strictly under 'Victoria Beckham'. I'm kind of shocked a perfume hasn't come out yet.

Aaah!! Get excited, girl!!! In US Vogue March issue profile (mrvb_19 linked it), it is mentioned she is going to release a fragrance (coming soon they say!!)!! Wow, finally!!! :dee: :music: :dee:

When i got my digital issue, i didn't read her profile straight away (its a huge ass issue), so reading now i almost fell of my chair at the mention of the fragrance plans! :grin:

So I wonder what this means. I'm guessing this year by the way they have it. I'm getting excited now. :dee: :dee: :dee: I'm hoping something is announced soon!
Sah

Postby Sah » 15 Feb 2017, 12:41

^ I am not so sure, just because if it was to come out this year, she would already announced it on Sunday, no? She usually does that at her shows, talk about future projects. But given how not a single review mentioned the fragrance, i think they are working on it, possibly for next year release... Let's see, it's out of the bag now they told US Vogue about it, and she will sooner or later say more. :dee:
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 15 Feb 2017, 13:12

She didn't mention Target in the interviews though and didn't talk about a new store
Sah

Postby Sah » 15 Feb 2017, 14:12

^ Not about Target (although even that was anounced way way before the launch date), but her store was defo announced upfront, and she talked about working on it, I remember that, even her HK one was announced in Feb, a year ago. Hopefully i am wrong, and the fragrance happens sooner, but i am happy it's happening at all, at last!
Sah

Postby Sah » 22 Feb 2017, 01:02

Whoa at this, and here i was bitching how little she been posting this season:

Beckham, Kors and Hilfiger Score Highest in Digital Engagements on Show Day
Rounding out the top 10 were Sherri Hill, Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein, Tory Burch, Coach and Alexander Wang.
By Lisa Lockwood on February 17, 2017

Tory Burch, Coach and Alexander Wang.
By Lisa Lockwood on February 17, 2017

Victoria Beckham, Michael Kors and Tommy Hilfiger took the top three spots in digital engagement on their respective show days, according to research by ListenFirst Media.

ListenFirst tracks digital engagement data from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Wikipedia and Google + on the designers’ respective show days.

Beckham, who showed Feb. 12, ranked first with 1.5 million engagements that day, more than the next three top ranking fashion brands combined. The success on Beckham’s show on social is attributed to her content strategy — posting more content on Feb. 12 than any other New York Fashion Week brand, and having the No. 1 most popular posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, according to ListenFirst.

Kors, which showed at Spring Studios on Feb. 15, came in second place, with nearly 968,000 digital engagements. While 90 percent of those engagements were earned on Instagram, the brand dominated multiple channels relative to his NYFW cohorts that day, driving 21 percent of all engagements earned by the set on Feb. 15 and posting the day’s most engaging NYFW related posts across Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Effective content included behind the scenes photos of celebrities and models and live streams of the runway shows across social. Kors’ engagement was boosted by such front row faces as Blake Lively, Amanda Peet, Emily Ratajkowski, Jourdan Dunn and Harley Viera-Newton.

Hilfiger, which came in third place with 837,951 engagements, took his “see now buy now” show to Los Angeles this season, staging his second Tommy x Gigi collection, a collaboration with Gigi Hadid. The show, which took place on Venice Beach, had a boardwalk theme and drove 42,000 mentions across social and 772,000 content interactions. Hilfiger’s published content also ranked as the most engaging NYFW-related content published by any brand in the fashion week brand set that day, across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Hilfiger, of course, had the advantage of showing on the eve of NYFW when few other New York designers showed.

Rounding out the top 10 were Sherri Hill, which came in fourth place with 754,192 digital engagements, followed by Ralph Lauren (422,745), Marc Jacobs (404,090), Calvin Klein (401,372), Tory Burch (183,289), Coach (178,548) and Alexander Wang (108,374).

http://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-sco ... -10807988/
gugette

Postby gugette » 22 Feb 2017, 02:06

How in the world did that happen? :Dizzy:
gugette

Postby gugette » 05 Mar 2017, 18:33

One of the commercial looks. Love it. This must be from the Paris showroom
gugette

Postby gugette » 09 Mar 2017, 02:28

I'm in love with her commercial pieces! We need a better look at the smaller bags.

Sah

Postby Sah » 09 Mar 2017, 14:24

^ Gorgeous, no wonder the retailers put her collection as one of top ten for WWDs list this season! We defo didn't get close ups of those bags, but i saw on IG a great shot of the one she carried in Milan, and it was in white, looked super luxe.

So happy to see structured bags back, they were all over PFW, too!

Return to “Victoria Beckham”