Victoria Beckham Fall/Winter 2017 Collection

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
nona

Re: Victoria Beckham Fall/Winter 2017 Collection

Postby nona » 12 Feb 2017, 17:46

Look no.7 is so wonderful. I love it and want it.
Sah

Postby Sah » 12 Feb 2017, 17:54

^ Oh yeah, all knits actually looked amazing. Seeing it in full, wow, this is a seriously kick ass collection. Powerful, but wearable, amazing.

The grey coat in look #22 is pure perfection, i want it, and did anyone else LOVE the gloves over the sweaters, as much as i did?
gugette

Postby gugette » 12 Feb 2017, 17:55

This feels very NY with a sprinkle of Parisian feel. Not sure how I feel about it. The proportions are too big/long which limits who can wear. I'm curious to see he commercial pieces.
nona

Postby nona » 12 Feb 2017, 17:56

^It will be interesting to see her in some of this. I can't imagine her wearing one of those blazers, they are huge and boxy.
gugette

Postby gugette » 12 Feb 2017, 17:58

I hate all the coats, too 80s.
The dresses are the best part of the collection. I spy the Ramsey girls and Anthony and Denise in he back, nice.
Last edited by gugette on 12 Feb 2017, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
TOKYO

Postby TOKYO » 12 Feb 2017, 18:07

I also love the gloves, so elegant. The knits are amazing.
mogli

Postby mogli » 12 Feb 2017, 18:08

can someone post a link or pics please
nona

Postby nona » 12 Feb 2017, 18:11

King

Postby King » 12 Feb 2017, 18:43

I have a feeling she peaked with her first collection, everything after that was just a letdown after letdown, this one being her worst.
Sah

Postby Sah » 12 Feb 2017, 18:47

nona wrote:^It will be interesting to see her in some of this. I can't imagine her wearing one of those blazers, they are huge and boxy.

I think she will go for those amazing sweaters, so i would love to see her rock the gloves like it was styled on the runway. The Blazers are defo more for the Fashion message on the runway, i don't think even she would attempt that, but lol who knows with her these days! She is wearing track pants in public, after all. :D

Great review from Fashionista:

Victoria Beckham Breaks Into the Boys' Club for Fall 2017
This might be the sexiest menswear-inspired collection ever.
By Tyler McCall

Is there anything Victoria Beckham can't do? She's already nailed down the super-feminine and the cool-sporty looks, and for Fall 2017, she's reminding everyone that she's damn good at making menswear-inspired clothes, too.

The collection, shown at Cipriani 25 Broadway on Sunday morning, was chock-full of references to the gentlemen's clubs that dominate London. From oversized outerwear and suiting to buckled brogues and boxy bags, there were plenty of nods to menswear on the runway. But this is Victoria Beckham we're talking about, which means it was also very sexy: Many of the looks were backless, and the stiffer wools were paired with floaty chiffons. Plus, there's something undeniably appealing about the opera-length leather gloves slid up under coat sleeves or pushing up against a knit midi-length dress.

As far as accessories go, the shoes were real standouts. The aforementioned brogues were sharp, with pointed toes and stud detailing. But it was the wedge boots that everyone will be reaching for come fall: Perfectly slouchy, they gave a lovely '70s touch to flowy gowns and wide-leg pants alike. These girls were ready to take over the boys' club — and look chic as hell while doing it.

http://fashionista.com/2017/02/victoria ... um=twitter
BostonBeebs81

Postby BostonBeebs81 » 12 Feb 2017, 20:26

I literally love every single look. Everything is so elegant and wearable straight off the runway. Really well done.
Sah

Postby Sah » 12 Feb 2017, 20:32

The Telegraph:

Victoria Beckham on her polished New York Fashion Week collection: 'It’s always fundamentally about what I like to wear'
By Bethan Holt, Digital fashion editor, at New York Fashion Week Caroline Leaper, Fashion News and Features Editor
12 February 2017 • 6:10pm

“It’s always fundamentally about what I like to wear,” said Victoria Beckham ahead of her AW2017 New York Fashion Week show. But as we know well by now, more often than not that wish translates into pieces grown-up women looking for elegant, easy pieces will want to add to their wardrobes, too.

Beckham had resolved to move away from “showpieces” (the statement items often created especially for the catwalk which rarely translate to real-life) focussing instead on “a reality… which is very important for me.”

The tailoring was a finely executed example of the attention to detail which is paid to every design. An update on the double-breasted jacket came with a modernising folded-back detail while coats featured voluminous, sculptural sleeves.

“I love the baggy pants,” she added (she was wearing a black pair herself), at pains to reassure that “there’s a flattering way of doing that. I think it’s about getting the cut right, getting the weight of the fabric right.”

Colour has become one of the designer’s strongest suits. She called the oxblood, grey and navy tones a “gentleman’s club” palette which was then enhanced with pops of raspberry and a soft pale blue.

The collection’s graphic, abstract prints came to Beckham after visiting Tate Britain’s recent Paul Nash retrospective, and were shown most powerfully on breezy chiffon skirts and sleek jersey dresses.

The accessories underscored the meeting of masculine and feminine influences which ran through each look. A new monk strap brogue spoke to Beckham’s recently rekindled love of flats while the knee-high, slouchy, wedge-heeled boots “are intended to make you feel strong and empowered rather than too ladylike.”

There’s a new bag on the cards too, inspired by her beauty collaboration with Estee Lauder, the second collection of which was unveiled this week. “I had the idea of a vintage vanity case and how it would be cool to bring that back.”

The VB Vanity Box is at once classically refined and roomy enough to fit phone, keys, wallet, lipstick and a few other essentials. “Secure, feminine, strong, empowered,” is how we’ll feel carrying said bag, according to Beckham. It’s a proposition her global customer base are bound to adore.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/new- ... -children/
kittie

Postby kittie » 12 Feb 2017, 21:30

No pictures of them going to the restaurant?
Sah

Postby Sah » 12 Feb 2017, 21:33

Guardian:

Victoria Beckham's New York show restores some sparkle to family brand
Her catwalk show is now enough of a event that it can’t be overshadowed by the scandal over her husband’s hacked emails

Brand Beckham has had a rocky time of late. At New York fashion week, it fell to the fashion branch of this modern family empire to restore some sparkle, after the hacked emails that threatened David Beckham’s clean cut image.

It is a reflection of how serious a player she has become in the fashion industry that – rather than being overshadowed by the scandal – a Victoria Beckham catwalk show is now enough of an event to help shore up the family image.

“These are not easy times,” Beckham said during a preview of the collection at her East Village atelier, leaving it ambiguous as to whether she referred to her own life, or to uncertain times in the world at large. The porous boundaries between Victoria Beckham the woman and Victoria Beckham the brand are, of course, deliberate. This way, clothes that look tricky to wear when seen on the New York fashion week runway can be brought to life by Beckham herself, wearing them at Heathrow Terminal 5.

“I have always been about empowering women, and that’s never felt more relevant than it does this season,” said Beckham. “With everything that’s going on right now, it’s not easy to be a woman today. We need to be optimistic, but we also want to feel secure, and that’s what I tried to achieve this season.”

The result was a collection that remained very much within the tramlines of the narrow-but-fluid silhouette which has replaced the original fitted dresses to become Beckham’s signature. “It’s not about body con any more, it’s about consciousness of the body,” as the designer put it.

Beckham described the collection, shown on the catwalk under the 60ft ceiling of the Cunard Building’s original ticketing hall in downtown Manhattan, as “emancipation with optimism” and “feminine with a practical streak”. It offered a chic take on comfort-blanket dressing in the form of sweaters with ribbed necks high enough to tuck a chin into, stretch jersey dresses and high-heeled wedge boots (“there’s a strength in a boot, I think”). Fluid dresses in rippling chiffon or semi-transparent mesh were anchored by tailored blazers.

There was no game-changing new look here, but instead a convincing argument for the look Beckham has been developing over recent seasons. Strongest elements were the featherlight skirts, sculpted-sleeve coats and sumptuous knitwear. The style plotline was further developed this season with a stronger English accent, with prints inspired by the Paul Nash exhibition at Tate Britain and shades of oxblood and powder blue borrowed from classic Englishman’s style.

There was, of course, one distinctively stylish Englishman on the front row. David Beckham, who had spent the previous day taking the couple’s four children to the Natural History Museum while his wife prepared for her show, took his usual spot next to Anna Wintour, with Harper on his knee and her three brothers next to him.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/201 ... CMP=twt_gu
Last edited by Sah on 12 Feb 2017, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
Sah

Postby Sah » 12 Feb 2017, 21:34

US Vogue:

“I’ve never really worn a blazer with a skirt,” Victoria Beckham said in the midst of fittings a day before her show. For a designer searching for a creative spark, that’s just about the best reason to try something—you simply haven’t done it before—and it proved a worthwhile exercise for Beckham this season. She paired her structured, slightly oversize blazers and sheer chiffon skirts with slouchy, knee-high leather boots. The look was a world away from where she started eight and half years ago—pulled together, yet relaxed, with versatility built in. Sometimes the billowy skirt came with a generously proportioned turtleneck sweater (gorgeous in a raspberry and claret color combination). Other times she put a full pantsuit together, but she retained the easy attitude with full, hip-slung trousers and martingales that pulled the jackets partially back, as if the models had just encountered a strong breeze.

Though she’s expanded well beyond the hero dress, Beckham is still plenty cognizant of its one-and-done appeal, so there was no shortage of options. That brilliant raspberry reappeared on a long-sleeved, high-necked, peekaboo-backed chiffon midi. It’s an of-the-moment silhouette, highly wearable in its covered-upedness, but with a surprise flash of skin. A Paul Nash exhibition at the Tate Britain provided inspiration for the graphic patterns that appeared on similarly cut styles in jersey, as well as on color-blocked knits, like a matching turtleneck and tube skirt.

In counterpoint to the ease of the tailoring and dresses, her new season bags are quite structured. The square styles the models clutched to their hips were modeled after a vanity case, inspired, she said, by her Estée Lauder partnership. Beckham’s power women would probably prefer something that will fit an iPad; she has those, too.

http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall ... al_twitter
Sah

Postby Sah » 12 Feb 2017, 23:16

UK Vogue:

Victoria Beckham has been making a point about ease for a few seasons now. Long gone are the days of her zip up “sucky-sucky” dresses, the hit that she built her brand on. For affirmation, you only have to look at what she was wearing during a preview: white Adidas sneakers, black Adidas tracksuit trousers, a cosy sweater and her own mannish coat, with one of her cross-body saddle bags sat low on her hip, and her hair, loose with a natural, lived-in looking wave. It’s how she, and her customers, want to dress now.

“I like to empower women and to make it easy for them,” she says, talking through winning ideas like newly relaxed tailoring comprising slouchy trousers and a jacket with a softer shoulder line; jersey pieces (it’s the first time she has worked with the fabric); and her best-selling sweaters. “I don’t think it’s about show pieces anymore, it’s about beautiful luxury clothing that women can feel secure in.” She described the palette - navy, oxblood and grey - as gentlemen’s club colours, while her abstract prints were inspired by a visit to the Tate Britain where British surrealist painter Paul Nash had a retrospective. “There is a real Britishness to this collection I think; it comes through in the fabrics too like houndstooth."

Her new bag is shaped like a vanity box; she’s had cosmetics on the mind lately having just announced her second make-up collection, Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder, which was originally launched last year. Several pieces are cleverly trans-seasonal, like those flippy and sliced sheer-but-not-too-sheer midi skirts that look as good with a sweater, a blazer and long boots now as they will with a lightweight blouse and sandals come summer; it’s the kind of item you can keep in your wardrobe all year round, another point she said she considered. “I don't think it’s really about those huge distinctions between summer and winter anymore, apart from wearing a coat or not. I don't really dress any differently between the seasons and I think most women are the same. I like the idea of versatility, pieces that you can adapt to a season just with the addition of a couple more layers.”

She is yet to embark on the see-now, buy-now approach, preferring, she says, to make sure that her deliveries in store chime with the weather outside. “What’s so bad about waiting for something to arrive? I grew up constantly waiting for things - I was always told "You’ll get that at Christmas," and "Wait until your birthday" - doesn't it make you want it all the more?” Lots to want here.
By Sarah Harris

http://www.vogue.co.uk/shows/autumn-win ... a-beckham/

InStyle UK:

Victoria Beckham Re-Styles Girl Power at New York Fashion Week
Girl power signs at the ready ladies!
by Josh Newis-Smith

Victoria Beckham stuck to what she knows so well today at New York Fashion Week: girl power. But this wasn't the girl power of 1997, the Victoria Beckham woman for Autumn/Winter 2017 is still a tough bad ass with heavy stomping boots but she has now acquired a taste for tailoring and georgette dresses.

Speaking backstage after the show exclusively to InStyle UK Victoria told us that this is very much a uniform required for now, given the political context we are in. Given her long time patronage of feminism security for this politically aware VB woman came via the classic tailored jackets but her flair for femininity- which is always apparent- appeared via chiffon dresses in bright red and sheer skirts. And boy is this a girl who loves to roll her sleeves up and get her leather gloves on for action.

Always her own brand's greatest ambassador, Victoria certainly gave us a taste of what was to come via her well-chosen outfits this week. Alas there was no track pants with oversized tailored coats here, but instead we had a more lux approach to loungewear, namely the softest of knits.

Whilst many look to the designer for the garments well tailored to the body, her pairings of jumpers with flowing printed skirts (inspired by Paul Nash's retrospective at the Tate Britain) was a move away from a, "silhouette that is not body conscious, but conscious of the body.” The designer very much made a move away from show-stoppers towards positioning herself as very much a ‘ready-to-wear brand,’ which were in places layered expertly together for the perfect seasonal uniform.

The clothes themselves weren't the only part of the VB brand to take on a new direction her money making bags cashed in on the newness too. Inspired by her work with Estée Lauder the designer unveiled a new vanity case, which was as hard and tough as it's owner.

With her young daughter, Harper sat front row with her father, David and her three brothers this was a very strong feminist message for all ages.

http://www.instyle.co.uk/fashion/news/v ... how-review
Sah

Postby Sah » 13 Feb 2017, 00:33

Financial Times:

Girl Power: Victoria Beckham’s brand message never changes, but the cut sometimes does
Blazers, boots, and a bolder shoulder all star in the British designer’s AW17 show
By Jo Ellison

“I’ve always embraced the message of body-con,” said Victoria Beckham shortly before her AW17 show near Wall Street, New York, on Sunday morning. “But this time it’s about a consciousness of the body.”

Female empowerment has always been an integral message of Victoria Beckham’s outlook. In the late nineties, as part of an all-star all-girl line-up that made up pop music’s estrogen-fired Spice Girls, the view was fairly crude. But it was effective: just watch the lately retrieved YouTube footage of the band members castigating a video producer for being a “sexist pig” if you want evidence of how brilliant they were at dealing with the casual chauvinism of the music industry early in their careers.

Today, of course, Beckham’s point of view is more refined. But her decision to harness those same ideas of strength, femininity and equality for her AW17 collection, was a timely reminder of just how long she’s been beating a drum for those sisters doing it for themselves. Her collection of soft, tailored, oversized blazers, baggy pants, and organza shirting was businesslike and flattering, in “gentleman’s club” colours of oxblood, navy and grey. Rib-knit sweater dresses were long and body skimming, falling to the calf and dressed up in blocky wedge-heeled boots that climbed to the knee. Many of the looks were worn with soft leather gauntlets. Very slick.

Prints, inspired by the recent Paul Nash exhibition at the Tate, came in bold-print chiffons in a palette of muted Farrow and Ball colourways. A structured handbag found its origins in Estee Lauder compact she reissued as part of her best-selling make-up collection with the beauty brand last September. “It’s just a beautiful thing,” she explained. (And a gentle reminder that the next make-up collection will come out shortly, and a double-sized range launched later this year.)

Many of the ideas seen on her catwalk have been percolating through collections in the past two seasons. The power shoulder first seen at Balenciaga has no doubt inspired the spike in structured tailoring we are now seeing across the catwalk collections. There has been an emphasis on polished professionalism across the industry: the suit is having a day. They looked good here, if not entirely original. Beckham is a great editor of trends, and her instinct to focus on luxury items rather than deliver “show pieces” was a good one. “The clothes have to be beautiful, and make a woman feel strong and secure,” she explained of her collection whose sharper silhouettes she had softened with organza, chiffon and silky layers. “It needs to feel positive and optimistic.” It looked good.

Shortly before the show, it had been announced Lacoste is quitting the New York schedule to move to Paris. They follow Rodarte and Proenza Schouler who are also heading across the Atlantic. Is Beckham considering a similar shift? “I’m keeping an eye on things,” said Beckham. “And seeing what the industry is doing. But for the moment, it makes sense for our business to stay where we are. And New York has always made me feel welcome.”

https://www.ft.com/content/cb2001c4-f15 ... 4e55513608
Sah

Postby Sah » 13 Feb 2017, 12:55

WWD:

Victoria Beckham RTW Fall 2017
With all that's going on in the world, the designer thought now is the time to make clothes to empower women.
By Jessica Iredale on February 12, 2017

Victoria Beckham didn’t make any loud political pronouncements with her fall runway show, a beautifully smart lineup of tailoring, softness and a modest celebration of the female form, but she wanted it to be known that she’d been thinking about the state of the world while designing. “I look at what’s happening in the world, and for me, it was not about show pieces,” said Beckham backstage. “It was about offering my woman really beautiful clothes…. The truth is, there has never been a time when it’s been more relevant to empower women.”

By using rich-but-grounded colors, like navy, oxblood, red and orange, and reworking classic men’s tailoring with square blazers and full-leg trousers, Beckham sent a subliminal message of strength. A woman in a sharply cut burgundy coat over fluid pants with a dashing foulard swishing under the coat is dressed to be taken seriously. Even rounder, curvier and more fluid stuff, such as a red chiffon dress under a navy blazer, a navy sweater with sculpted sleeves and tie-waisted trousers, and body-skimming jersey dresses in graphic swirled prints inspired by Paul Nash, had a determined air. Likewise, the impressive shoes: pointy flats with double buckles and sturdy boots — wedges and high heels. “You stomp in those shoes,” said Beckham. “You feel like a strong woman.” But a feminine one, too. The structured, vanity-case handbags, complete with built-in mirrors, were inspired by her Estée Lauder collaboration.

She also noted that she played up her own heritage in the lineup, via tartans, herringbones, English tailoring and a sophisticated school-uniform vibe. “It’s a very British collection, but with a global outlook,” she said. Asked how it was global, Beckham replied, “My business is global.”

http://wwd.com/runway/fall-ready-to-wea ... am/review/
Sah

Postby Sah » 13 Feb 2017, 13:03

Showstudio:

Ashley Simpson reports on the Victoria Beckham show
by Ashley Simpson

Victoria Beckham started with a simple point for her A/W 17 collection: a blazer and a skirt. She said she had never worn them together before and apparently, framed her latest collection around this pairing.

What transpired was polished but relaxed. A sheer flowing black chiffon skirt, hitting just above the ankles, fit with a neatly tailored blazer; a crimson number, also sheer with a lining; a deep blue and dust red plaid blazer; and other options, including a tiered silk cherry-hued midi skirt, popped up. These skirts weren’t exactly what you would expect—they were loose to the body and felt, if anything, comfortable and free. Beckham is still a polished womenswear designer, but she might just be loosening up a bit. It felt like a progression: even the most professionally put-together dresser can add a bit of carefree contrast to her wardrobe.

Geometric patterning was another focus - the colour-blocked shapes were inspired by the work of Paul Nash, whose exhibition at the Tate caught Beckham’s attention. Nash held an obsession with ancient Britain and looked to coastal Southern England, the phases of the moon and the country’s natural environment in his early practice. His surrealist paintings of moons and landscapes played reference for Beckham’s swirled, colour weaving dresses. The dresses covered the body. Like the rest of the collection, they felt very grown-up. Only their bright colours and subtle nods to surrealism took away from their discretion.

http://showstudio.com/collection/victor ... ckham_show
Sah

Postby Sah » 13 Feb 2017, 13:19

Another good review from Business of Fashion:

Victoria Beckham: Conscious of the Body, Rather than Body-Conscious
The career dressing she offered was simple, but unfailingly effective — and something any woman can aspire to as “real."
By Tim Blanks
February 13, 2017 01:52

NEW YORK, United States — When a designer invokes a “real” woman, it often comes across as one of those vaporous fashionisms that doesn’t really bear scrutiny. When is a woman not “real?" When she’s Evan Rachel Wood in "Westworld?" There did, however, seem to be a consensus from women (all of them real) after Victoria Beckham’s show on Sunday morning that the reality she embraced in her show notes defined the life of someone who was raising a family, holding down a job, and not feeling particularly satisfied by the way the fashion industry was addressing her professional needs.

Beckham to the rescue! She insisted she was tired of the word “empowerment," but it was a pretty accurate shorthand for the kind of career dressing she was offering: the precise structure of scaled-up coats and double-breasted jackets, softened by the flou of chiffon skirts or the floppy capaciousness of oversized trousers.

A simple formula, but unfailingly effective, acknowledging strength, sensuality and a subtle hint of please-yourself subversion. Hey, it worked for Katharine Hepburn, who hovered here and there as a presiding spirit. That was one reason the collection felt touched by the 1940s. The other was its patterns and colours, inspired, said Beckham, by an exhibition at Tate Britain of the work of Paul Nash, whose most famous paintings were made during WWII.

Once upon a time, Beckham, slight, shy-ish and shoe-horned into a bodycon dress, rolled in the slipstream of fashion’s other favourite Hepburn, but here, in her navy rollneck and big slouchy pants, she looked as comfortable in her own skin as Kate the Great. And that spoke volumes about how far Beckham has come, both professionally and personally. She herself nailed one clear stylistic evolution. Her silhouette now flows and flatters, conscious of the body, rather than body-conscious. The strength is in confident attitude, rather than hyper-seamed sexiness. And maybe, in the end, that is what any woman can aspire to as “real."

https://www.businessoffashion.com/artic ... -conscious
Andre

Postby Andre » 13 Feb 2017, 14:29

Only great reviews.... is one of her strongest collection!! I sure we will see some signature bodycon dresses on press days!! And evening gowns!

So no time dor parties. The Beckhams left NYC already!!!
This tune is gonna punish you....
Sah

Postby Sah » 13 Feb 2017, 15:35

^ I wonder where they left for, London or LA?! Kids have the school off, i think.
Andre

Postby Andre » 13 Feb 2017, 15:41

Bof with Tim Blanks

https://youtu.be/I5Q9WrrHeeY
This tune is gonna punish you....
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 13 Feb 2017, 17:20

Sah wrote:^ I wonder where they left for, London or LA?! Kids have the school off, i think.

They're back in London, DM has pics.

Return to “Victoria Beckham”