Instyle US cover

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Sah

Re: Instyle US cover

Postby Sah » 15 Mar 2017, 17:00

^ Several months back, i believe she did a special thread. Hopefully when she comes on, she can link.
jezebelvictoria

Postby jezebelvictoria » 15 Mar 2017, 17:33

Why yes I do have a few covers. Lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81918996@N06/

Unfortunately this hasn't been updated since September of 2013 and my collection has grown a lot since. I've gotten at least 50 or so magazines since.
Gramq

Postby Gramq » 16 Mar 2017, 01:39

Sah wrote:^ Welcome, she has done some other HBs around the world; Indonesia, Singapore, China, UK and Australia!

Gramq wrote:From the US she has now covered: InStyle, W, Allure, Marie Claire, Elle, Harper's Bazaar and Galmour (missing any?)
Vanity Fair Uk, Spain and Italy
Vogue UK, France, Germany, Australia, China, Turkey, Russia, India and Spain
She's missing V and Cosmopolitan US magazines though.
Besides Cosmo Girl Turkey and Cosmopolitan Australia, has she covered any other Cosmo covers? Wondering....

Listed the USA covers before your post. I'm not bothered by Cosmo, its really not her market (it isn't a Fashion magazine even :x ), so she does not make sense for them. But hasn't she been on UK Cosmo? V is more like an indy magazine, defo not as top commercial title like those she has covered by now. Basically just Vogue left, which i don't think she will ever get, and has already been with the girls, so whatever! But she has more Vogue covers in total than that, 19 to be exact! I would love to see her get the cover of New York magazine (they do Spring & Fall Fashion Issues), not as mainstream, but they got great content!

Will be interesting to see how many editions of InStyle reprint this cover!

No, she hasn't been on the cover of Cosmo UK. V has done some great and edgy shoots! Would love to see something from V.
It would also be great to see her cover TIME magazine's Style & Design edition. Though it's really hard to score.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 16 Mar 2017, 02:51

Gramq wrote:
Sah wrote:^ Welcome, she has done some other HBs around the world; Indonesia, Singapore, China, UK and Australia!

Gramq wrote:From the US she has now covered: InStyle, W, Allure, Marie Claire, Elle, Harper's Bazaar and Galmour (missing any?)
Besides Cosmo Girl Turkey and Cosmopolitan Australia, has she covered any other Cosmo covers? Wondering....

Listed the USA covers before your post. I'm not bothered by Cosmo, its really not her market (it isn't a Fashion magazine even :x ), so she does not make sense for them. But hasn't she been on UK Cosmo? V is more like an indy magazine, defo not as top commercial title like those she has covered by now. Basically just Vogue left, which i don't think she will ever get, and has already been with the girls, so whatever! But she has more Vogue covers in total than that, 19 to be exact! I would love to see her get the cover of New York magazine (they do Spring & Fall Fashion Issues), not as mainstream, but they got great content!

No, she hasn't been on the cover of Cosmo UK. V has done some great and edgy shoots! Would love to see something from V.
It would also be great to see her cover TIME magazine's Style & Design edition. Though it's really hard to score.

Time and Newsweek would be both cherries on the top I think as they're most prestigious and opinionated magazines in the entire world. If she'd score them that'd mean she's a global/social icon, not only fashion one;)
Last edited by The Spice Girls on 16 Mar 2017, 03:07, edited 1 time in total.
Gramq

Postby Gramq » 16 Mar 2017, 02:57

The Spice Girls wrote:
Gramq wrote:

Time and Newsweek would be both cherries on the top I think as they're world's most prestigious and opinionated magazines in the entire world. If she'd score them that'd mean she's a global icon, social icon, not only fashion one;)

The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 16 Mar 2017, 03:06

jezebelvictoria wrote:Why yes I do have a few covers. Lol

Unfortunately this hasn't been updated since September of 2013 and my collection has grown a lot since. I've gotten at least 50 or so magazines since.

Oh sweet Jesus, you're crazy!!!
That's the biggest Victoria collection I've ever seen (and you're saying it's not updated for ages!!!)!
I'd never thought she's been on so many mags covers and had so many parfums and so many editions of the dolls! I understand that you got 8 Girl Power VB dolls as they're all slightly different to another, yeah? What are the differences? Seen some details/markings on boxes but is that it or...? What do you reckon is the most valuable item in your collection? VF VB edition or some of them clothes? How many pairs of jeans you have, lol! Are you actually wearing them are they just to be looked at? What's the #1 VB item you're hunting for now?
I don't even think Liz Smith got as enormous VB collection?! Well done and congratulations, hope it will be growing and growing;)
jezebelvictoria

Postby jezebelvictoria » 16 Mar 2017, 18:46

The Spice Girls wrote:
jezebelvictoria wrote:Why yes I do have a few covers. Lol

Oh sweet Jesus, you're crazy!!!
That's the biggest Victoria collection I've ever seen (and you're saying it's not updated for ages!!!)!
I'd never thought she's been on so many mags covers and had so many parfums and so many editions of the dolls! I understand that you got 8 Girl Power VB dolls as they're all slightly different to another, yeah? What are the differences? Seen some details/markings on boxes but is that it or...? What do you reckon is the most valuable item in your collection? VF VB edition or some of them clothes? How many pairs of jeans you have, lol! Are you actually wearing them are they just to be looked at? What's the #1 VB item you're hunting for now?
I don't even think Liz Smith got as enormous VB collection?! Well done and congratulations, hope it will be growing and growing;)

There's 7 of the 'Girl Power' for Victoria. The 1st one was used outside of North Ameria. The 2nd one was distributed by a company called Famosa and has three different languages on the box. The 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th doll are a standard body, the most common of the dolls but Victoria's doll was released in two different arm angles. (They actually did that for the 'Girl Power', 'On Tour', and 'Spice It Up!' sets, Geri and Melanie C. had the same 90° arm angle and while Emma and Mel B. had the same 125° arm angle; Victoria had both). So the same tracking down had to be done twice because the reason there's 4 is because there was also a Canadian edition that followed the same arm pattern which is the 5th and 6th doll. The 7th has conflicting stories. Some say it's a an actual doll released by Galoob and some say it's a bootleg. I say it's a bootleg. There's really no question about it. Out of all the dolls and variations; the only one I'm missing is the Canadian edition of the 'On Stage' set. I've literally never seen one sold online.

I'm not sure what the most valuable item is as I do own a dress from her first collection (dress #5 'Evol') that retailed for $3,500 but that means nothing really. Lol

I have worn a pair of her jeans. The pair with the paint om them are ironically my favorite pair of jeans ever. I've worn them many times. I've worn the Marc Jacobs shirt a bit too. But I can't really fit the rest right now. I bought most of them planning on it but it hasn't quite worked out yet. Haha

As for an update since this is from 2013; as I said about 50 magazines aren't there. She's been on quite a few since then and I've also obtained some editions for the previous years. I've also gotten another pair of sunglasses. I do wear those. I got one of her handbags. It's a yellow Liberty tote. I was excited to get one of her dress 'garment bags' and even came with a Victoria Beckham brand hanger. I keep the dress in it. I recently bought the eye kajal off her website. And I also got one of her keychains. The seller was someone who went to one of her meeting in New York and the gift bag which consisted of a Victoria Beckham shopping bag from her store and a signed card thing and the keychain which is actually ingraved with her 'xVB' thing and was housed in a box and ribbon and in a little Victoria Beckham dust bag, all that she does at her store. Her packaging is amazing, her name is on everything. Lol

I'm not rich/wealthy by any means so most the stuff I get is because it was a catch but I've gotten very lucky somethings with my finds. My sought after item that has nothing to do with her fashion (since I'm always wanting certain pieces but I'll literally never have) would be a magazine cover she did and seems to be the rarest; she was on the cover of a magazine called 'Stureplan' in 2006 and I've never seen it put up in the time I started looking (2008). I had one user years ago say they were going to sell me a copy buy it never came to fruition. I was sad. Lol
I'll have to take pictures sometime soon.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 16 Mar 2017, 19:05

/\ Woah, thanks for your reply! You're a real Victoria lover, I wonder how would she react seeing your collection?!

Have you got a picture of the magazine you're looking for, was it a nice photoshoot or nothing special? What country is it from anyway, have you tried to contact fans from that country maybe and ask them to look at their national auction websites? I guess it would be good option for you;)
tisha

Postby tisha » 17 Mar 2017, 21:15

I picked up my copy today.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 17 Mar 2017, 21:17

/\ how is it? interesting interview?
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 23 Mar 2017, 12:50

The interview is short and sweet. Nothing too interesting, really. I didn't even know about the magazine until I accidentally saw it. Plenty of ads for her Target line in it, too.
Gramq

Postby Gramq » 10 Apr 2017, 23:42

Does anyone know if there have been any re-prints yet?
Sah

Postby Sah » 10 Apr 2017, 23:48

^ Not yet, no.

Return to “Victoria Beckham”