Geri: Look At Me / Making of "SIYWGF" (complete)

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
Mythical

Re: Geri: Look At Me / Making of "SIYWGF" (updated)

Postby Mythical » 17 Mar 2011, 02:48

Wow, I love this. Cant wait for part 3, thanks for sharing! It also makes me miss Geri the solo artist so much!
Pieri_Halliwell

Re: Look At Geri / The Making of Scream If You Wanna Go Fast

Postby Pieri_Halliwell » 17 Mar 2011, 03:37

Andreas wrote:Yeah, it's the T4 documentary.

I don't recall her singing "If U Can't Dance" in it, though...

Oh, this is not the video that i saw anyway thanks for sharing :D, but the other video that im talking about for me was quite rare when i saw it in youtube, because i had never seen a SIYWGF making off and she sang IUCD, it was a part of the video cuz the user was selling the full tape in ebay and a few months later the video was removed dunno why :(
Falcon

Postby Falcon » 17 Mar 2011, 08:14

She musta been some girl back in those days :D all those demands she made to Nicki and she didn't have anything behind her - she obviously knew what she wanted. Also never knew she gave all the proceeds from her book (if only i take it) to breast cancer - musta been a huge amount :angel: was great to watch - cheers Andreas.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 17 Mar 2011, 10:27

You're welcome :)

There are 5 parts in total, I'll upload the last three today. In my opinion the documentary gets better after a little while, we've heard most of what's said in part 1 and 2 before.
faster84

Postby faster84 » 17 Mar 2011, 13:50

Thank you so much for these videos! It could be nice to get the original file via torrent. Can you upload it? We could share it via spicevideos

Can you? Thanks!
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 17 Mar 2011, 15:12

thanks a lot
<3
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
Drowned
Custom Title: Stupid cupid

Postby Drowned » 17 Mar 2011, 15:13

Oh God...
U can't imagine how much I miss Geri Halliwell the ambitious and succesfull solo star :love:
Those were the times!

Thank u so much Andreas! :$
alienvip

Postby alienvip » 17 Mar 2011, 15:31

Drowned wrote:Oh God...
U can't imagine how much I miss Geri Halliwell the ambitious and succesfull solo star :love:
Those were the times!

Thank u so much Andreas! :$

This. :love: :love: :cry: :shrug:
:devil: :angel: :D :despise:
Drowned
Custom Title: Stupid cupid

Re: Geri: Look At Me / Making of "SIYWGF" (complete)

Postby Drowned » 17 Mar 2011, 17:41

Thanks for the videos Andreas!
It was sad in a way but made me love her even more! Thx
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 17 Mar 2011, 17:54

Drowned wrote:Thanks for the videos Andreas!
It was sad in a way but made me love her even more! Thx

Then my mission is accomplished ;)
Archie
Previous username(s): Archie69

Postby Archie » 17 Mar 2011, 17:57

thank you so much for this documentary, very interesting and i miss her toщ(((( she could be the real queen of pop in Uk, even now... hope she really coming back to music with a lot of new interesting ideas
BATUMI
Custom Title: Heaven

Postby BATUMI » 17 Mar 2011, 20:04

I do not know////she marketed herself so well...and then such a sudden drop with PASSION?? Smth tells me she didi it deliberitly...did not care about fame and celebrity status anymore.....or she was way too tired of this everything??
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 17 Mar 2011, 23:00

BATUMI wrote:I do not know////she marketed herself so well...and then such a sudden drop with PASSION?? Smth tells me she didi it deliberitly...did not care about fame and celebrity status anymore.....or she was way too tired of this everything??

There are a lot of reasons as to why she "gave up"...

- Obviously she was disappointed that "Scream If You Wanna Go Faster" album and single + "Calling" didn't chart as high as she'd hoped. Which eventually lead to EMI not wanting to release an more singles off "Scream ...".

- As far as I'm aware she fled to L.A. and she was treated for her bulimia around the end of 2001/early 2002. Then she released "Just For The Record" (which again didn't meet the success of "If Only") and she tried out as a judge on Pop Idol in the UK and All American Girl in the US. Plus generally mocking about in LA trying to make a name for herself within Hollywood as an actress/hostess/presenter/entertainer.

- Another thing that never crossed my mind but must have made a huge influence with her relationship with EMI is that EMI underwent big changes in 2002/2003. This happened all over Europe. Lots of people who were very pop-friendly were fired and replaced. A Norwegian pop-artist who did very well around this time, Bertine Zetlitz, were to be launched officially in the UK in early 2003. She said that a lot of people in EMI in the UK and Norway were sacked and this ended up canceling her UK launch. This must have affected Geri when she returned to do "Passion".

- And it was EMI who told Geri to come back from L.A. and get on with her 3rd album. Geri never took initiative to start that, even tho she always claimed she did. But as we can see in the "There's Something About Geri" documentary, she was not in a happy place in 2004, she was obviously under a lot of stress/pressure. Her management was a mess around the time she released "Ride It", she changed at least once if not twice between that and "Desire". When she had finished what would have been "Disco Sister" (working title of her 3rd album) EMI wasn't satisfied and pushed the release date, allowing her to use more time coming up with new songs.

- "There's Something About Geri" aired, didn't help her image/reputation with the british public, the gap between "Ride It" and "Desire" was too big, and when "Desire" flopped EMI pulled the plug on the album, saying they would not finance any promoting once it was released.

Obviously all this lead to the demise of her solo career. No-one can blame her tho. I think she did pretty well in the end. Even tho "Passion" wasn't a success, it's her best album out of the three. I give her credit for actually going through with it even tho she didn't have to.
Which is why I don't think she's working on solo stuff now, rather than for this girl group she's supposedly managing. I may have to eat my words tho, perhaps Sarah Jean knows something, she met Geri in London today apparently.
BATUMI
Custom Title: Heaven

Postby BATUMI » 17 Mar 2011, 23:26

Andreas wrote:
BATUMI wrote:I do not know////she marketed herself so well...and then such a sudden drop with PASSION?? Smth tells me she didi it deliberitly...did not care about fame and celebrity status anymore.....or she was way too tired of this everything??

There are a lot of reasons as to why she "gave up"...

thank you for what u wrote...did not know that much. I used to think it was her who lost interest in everything....indeed she had tried more than I could imagine....I swear having watched these documentary...and having read what you have written ...all those good feeling sof Geri came back....somehow I feel she can do it again!!! Really want to bring times back....soon Melanie C is back....and let GERI do the same....but she knows it better :))
Jill_Tina_Tyrell

Postby Jill_Tina_Tyrell » 18 Mar 2011, 00:21

Thanks so much for uploading this, Andreas - Great little documentary.

She really was a brilliant popstar back in the day wasn't she.

Also, I have been trying to find Geri's Labour Party cameo for years so.. thanks!
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 18 Mar 2011, 00:53

Thanks for posting the videos :)
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 18 Mar 2011, 11:38

BATUMI wrote:Really want to bring times back....soon Melanie C is back....and let GERI do the same....but she knows it better :))

Who knows, if MC has success with her next album (which from what i gather is going to be alot more mainstream than her previous albums) it might spur Geri on to think "if she can do it, maybe i can too?"

Thanks for uploading the documentary it was really nice to see something Geri related that was positive (apart from the weight loss thing thing) its been a while since i've heard things from the media be so pro-Geri so was refreshing :)
gay4geri
Custom Title: JUST SO GAY 4 GERI

Postby gay4geri » 18 Mar 2011, 13:11

Wow! thanks so much for this, when/where is it from??
Gonnabe

Postby Gonnabe » 18 Mar 2011, 13:24

okay I can't understand how scream if you wanna go faster did not go number 1. I can understand with calling and ride it. but scream is an amazing song. it is short of wannabe or spice up your life for me. it always gets me up! and the amazing video and huge promotion. It is one of my fave solo spice songs ever. I can't accept that it's raining men did number 1 for two weeks and this one didn't.

thank you such a great little documentary. Geri should have milked us the way the spice girls did back in the day and relese dvd's with making of her videos. I would have loved everything. she was such a fun pop fantastic and her videos are maybe a bit tacky today but back on the day they were amazing!
off to see all her videos on youtube!
Falcon

Postby Falcon » 18 Mar 2011, 21:03

Well after seeing all 5 parts i sorta feel bad about expecting more music from her :D She really put alot of hard work and dedication into her music :angel: Great documentary and she truely was 'unique' :)
inked_boy
Custom Title: XXX

Postby inked_boy » 19 Mar 2011, 04:26

Thanks! I hope the editor of that documentary was fired though, the captions are annoying. I had to stop it and go back several times because I was actually watching the video and not paying attention to the bottom of the screen.
NCLS

Postby NCLS » 19 Mar 2011, 06:10

Can NOT believe it's been 10 YEARS since this! :Dizzy:
NCLS

Postby NCLS » 19 Mar 2011, 07:56

After watching the whole thing, I feel kind of sad to realise that that was the end of her "successful" career.

I will always love Geri though. She is the ultimate popstar x
herman22j

Postby herman22j » 19 Mar 2011, 08:56

real ginger :P
NUFF SAID
b_fAsTeR

Postby b_fAsTeR » 19 Mar 2011, 13:35

very nice video
i'd like to see the making of "cream" photoshoot

Return to “Geri Halliwell”