4th Album Thread | Recording new songs

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
User avatar
MAD
Posts: 970
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby MAD » 06 Sep 2016, 19:14

From what I read on social networks, several fans have the album. :Dizzy: Eliot what did you do? :dee:
Image
User avatar
SchizoScreamPassion
Posts: 47
Joined: 16 Dec 2015, 17:02

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby SchizoScreamPassion » 06 Sep 2016, 21:13

I know she is doing the GEM project but why can't she release her new solo album afterwards as well? I guess things will become clearer when GEM announce exactly what it is they are doing. Though I don't think GEM will go on forever with Emma and Mel B having other commitments so there is nothing really stopping Geri from releasing her own music unless she is really set on not releasing it for whatever reason.

I have a feeling that Geri would end up writing and recording again anyway after the whole GEM project and even if she scraps this finished album.

The question is will she ever release anything? and I think if she scraps this album that's ready to go then I'm afraid I will join the group who thinks she never will. I can't do this waiting forever. :sad:

2017 will be 12 years since Passion and many many years of teasing us about new stuff.

I am a Geri fan for life though but maybe I need to accept that we aren't going to get a 4th album from her and Schizo to Passion is her complete work. It's hard because I was really really excited for a new album from her. You have no idea guys. :hmm:
User avatar
schizophonic_spice
Posts: 41650
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Location: Scotland, UK

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby schizophonic_spice » 06 Sep 2016, 21:37

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Half of Me sprung out of nowhere.

Knowing there is a full recorded and mastered album out there which some people have heard is very painful though. :(
Image
spicefreak
Posts: 10552
Joined: 05 Oct 2005, 17:23
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Enjoy the show
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Leeds

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby spicefreak » 07 Sep 2016, 01:35

Javi wrote:^I partly agree. Like usual, I'm always split in the middle with opinions.

On one hand, she does look more mellow and it seems like she's hardly fame hungry anymore. She has hardly sold that much exclusives now that she's married, when she could've been selling a lot of stuff like Mel B does (or used to). And like you pointed, instead of releasing the camp album and pull some stunts to sell it, she shelved it and followed her gut.

But on the other hand, she probably knows that the GEM project will have more exposure than her solo album and, probably, be more successful too. So maybe it's not about sharing her limelight with the other two, but actually going for the project that is bound to be more successful.


I agree though that she has changed. In 1998 she left the Spice Girls so the spotlight would be on her, in 2016 she gave up on her solo spotlight to be a Spice Girl.



What solo spotlight? There is none whatsoever, never has been and even if she did release very unlikely to be any... :shrug: The Spice Girls will give her more spotlight. :laugh:
Image
spicefreak
Posts: 10552
Joined: 05 Oct 2005, 17:23
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Enjoy the show
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Leeds

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby spicefreak » 07 Sep 2016, 01:37

sammy01 wrote:I've said all along that Geri's album wont see the light of day, but if she wants to record and write music she has every right to.

If Melanie C was just about sharing music with fans she could give it away for free on her website, but she doesn't.

Both can do as they please, but don't think the sun shines out of Mel C's ass because she releases yet another album that the same 10 people will buy.



You have never said all along that she has every right to record music. I have never ever seen you write that. You have done nothing but slag her off, seriously your hypocrisy and change of opinion knows no end. :laugh:
Image
User avatar
sammy01
Posts: 12500
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 15:30

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby sammy01 » 07 Sep 2016, 01:39

spicefreak wrote:
sammy01 wrote:I've said all along that Geri's album wont see the light of day, but if she wants to record and write music she has every right to.

If Melanie C was just about sharing music with fans she could give it away for free on her website, but she doesn't.

Both can do as they please, but don't think the sun shines out of Mel C's ass because she releases yet another album that the same 10 people will buy.



You have never said all along that she has every right to record music. I have never ever seen you write that. You have done nothing but slag her off, seriously your hypocrisy and change of opinion knows no end. :laugh:


I'm not sure you read that properly, maybe re-read it, the 2nd comment after the comma isn't prefaced with 'I've said all along' as well. :death: :dizzy:

Still nice try to make a smart comment.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
spicefreak
Posts: 10552
Joined: 05 Oct 2005, 17:23
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Enjoy the show
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Leeds

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby spicefreak » 07 Sep 2016, 01:49

sammy01 wrote:
spicefreak wrote:
sammy01 wrote:I've said all along that Geri's album wont see the light of day, but if she wants to record and write music she has every right to.

If Melanie C was just about sharing music with fans she could give it away for free on her website, but she doesn't.

Both can do as they please, but don't think the sun shines out of Mel C's ass because she releases yet another album that the same 10 people will buy.



You have never said all along that she has every right to record music. I have never ever seen you write that. You have done nothing but slag her off, seriously your hypocrisy and change of opinion knows no end. :laugh:


I'm not sure you read that properly, maybe re-read it, the 2nd comment after the comma isn't prefaced with 'I've said all along' as well. :death: :dizzy:

Still nice try to make a smart comment.



Fair enough. However my point still stands. You've done nothing but have a go at her for recording, not releasing, going more country/chilled... every single little thing. Now its "she has every right to" simply because now it suits you to say something positive.

It's like Rihanna who can do no wrong and makes you change your tone on every statement you pretty much make, because it then suits you to praise someone being out there and different / not commercial, experimenting with different styles, doing a record just for herself not the general public, releasing a club banger for the public, getting a surefire hit, not being a sell out, doing it because she knows there is demand.... Then any other act you slate them for the things you wouldn't dream of saying about Ri Ri...
Image
User avatar
sammy01
Posts: 12500
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 15:30

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby sammy01 » 07 Sep 2016, 01:57

spicefreak wrote:
sammy01 wrote:
spicefreak wrote:
sammy01 wrote:I've said all along that Geri's album wont see the light of day, but if she wants to record and write music she has every right to.

If Melanie C was just about sharing music with fans she could give it away for free on her website, but she doesn't.

Both can do as they please, but don't think the sun shines out of Mel C's ass because she releases yet another album that the same 10 people will buy.



You have never said all along that she has every right to record music. I have never ever seen you write that. You have done nothing but slag her off, seriously your hypocrisy and change of opinion knows no end. :laugh:


I'm not sure you read that properly, maybe re-read it, the 2nd comment after the comma isn't prefaced with 'I've said all along' as well. :death: :dizzy:

Still nice try to make a smart comment.



Fair enough. However my point still stands. You've done nothing but have a go at her for recording, not releasing, going more country/chilled... every single little thing. Now its "she has every right to" simply because now it suits you to say something positive.

It's like Rihanna who can do no wrong and makes you change your tone on every statement you pretty much make, because it then suits you to praise someone being out there and different / not commercial, experimenting with different styles, doing a record just for herself not the general public, releasing a club banger for the public, getting a surefire hit, not being a sell out, doing it because she knows there is demand.... Then any other act you slate them for the things you wouldn't dream of saying about Ri Ri...


The thing with Rihanna is when she release a 'commercial' song like This is what you came for it does its job and sells and when she releases a more true to her album like Anti she has and it is high quality.

If you make music for either of those purposes that is ok but at least make it either sell or have quality.

Geri has every right to do anything she likes, doesn't mean I liked any of the clips I heard or thought it was either commercial or really her or what she was good at.

Shock horror Rihanna is actually good enough to do both and pull off both, one of the very few artists who can.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
User avatar
Jer
Posts: 18043
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Canada
Location: Vancouver
Contact:

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby Jer » 07 Sep 2016, 05:31

Bloody hell are we talking about Rihanna is this topic too?!

Image
User avatar
AcidBurn
Posts: 6251
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three
Country: Norway
Location: Bodø

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby AcidBurn » 07 Sep 2016, 08:50

schizophonic_spice wrote:Knowing there is a full recorded and mastered album out there which some people have heard is very painful though. :(

Oh, I know. I hope that if indeed nothing gets released, that someone leaks it so that us unpriveleged peasants get to listen to it as well. I wouldn't be surprised if that never happens, though.
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 32957
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby Javi » 07 Sep 2016, 12:00

AcidBurn wrote:
schizophonic_spice wrote:Knowing there is a full recorded and mastered album out there which some people have heard is very painful though. :(

Oh, I know. I hope that if indeed nothing gets released, that someone leaks it so that us unpriveleged peasants get to listen to it as well. I wouldn't be surprised if that never happens, though.

Don't know what makes you think it will leak. None of Victoria's unreleased albums leaked until there was a campaign for them... So I don't expect Geri's to leak either and considering the album comes directly from the producer, I'm not even that sure a campaign will happen cause whoever sent it to all those users on first place will be in trouble.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'd better get used to the fact that Geri's album and A Song For Her will remain unreleased forever. You know, those fans need that exclusive music to access the holy doors of Heaven when they die.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
User avatar
James
Posts: 19536
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Custom Title: Legacy member

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby James » 07 Sep 2016, 12:27

Is there anymore concrete evidence on this than Geri meets a group of Italians, who translate what she's said into Italian for a group, which has then been translated back into English?

I haven't a clue how competent those who met Geri are with the English language, but surely there's a chance things could be lost in translation.
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 32957
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby Javi » 07 Sep 2016, 12:38

James wrote:Is there anymore concrete evidence on this than Geri meets a group of Italians, who translate what she's said into Italian for a group, which has then been translated back into English?

I haven't a clue how competent those who met Geri are with the English language, but surely there's a chance things could be lost in translation.

True.

I honestly don't see this album coming anytime soon (never have, really). But I also don't see Geri being so sure about the album never getting a release, like "I'm doing this GEM project and then I'll die, so no more music from me, sorry". :D

She probably said something like "I don't think the album is coming cause I'm focusing on the Spice Girls reunion" and fans assumed the album wouldn't be out.

But, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what she said... IF (huge bold letters) the album is released after the Spice Girls reunion, it's bound to be re-worked again, so what we might officially have and what currently some fans have will probably be two different albums with such a few songs in common, imo.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
User avatar
MAD
Posts: 970
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby MAD » 07 Sep 2016, 13:13

Javi wrote:
James wrote:Is there anymore concrete evidence on this than Geri meets a group of Italians, who translate what she's said into Italian for a group, which has then been translated back into English?

I haven't a clue how competent those who met Geri are with the English language, but surely there's a chance things could be lost in translation.

True.

I honestly don't see this album coming anytime soon (never have, really). But I also don't see Geri being so sure about the album never getting a release, like "I'm doing this GEM project and then I'll die, so no more music from me, sorry". :D

She probably said something like "I don't think the album is coming cause I'm focusing on the Spice Girls reunion" and fans assumed the album wouldn't be out.

But, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what she said... IF (huge bold letters) the album is released after the Spice Girls reunion, it's bound to be re-worked again, so what we might officially have and what currently some fans have will probably be two different albums with such a few songs in common, imo.

That's exactly what I wrote in my previous post.

Another italian fan that met her in Monza wrote that she simply said that there are no plans for her solo album because she is focused on the reunion. And he added that she didn't mention Mel C and Victoria.
But spice fans like drama and hysteria so these words don't have the same relevance as the NEVER quote.
Image
User avatar
-Raul-
Posts: 2381
Joined: 26 Apr 2005, 16:57
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby -Raul- » 07 Sep 2016, 15:17

I had made this album cover in case it didn't get released and leaked, but I guess I'll never get to use it...

Image

Geri Horner "Man On The Mountain"

01 Love And Light 3:52
02 Humanity 2:47
03 Man On The Mountain 4:07
04 Beautiful Life 4:04
05 Deep Down 3:07
06 If You Love Someone Tell Them 3:34
07 Miracles 3:41
08 Phenomenal Woman 2:58
09 Sheriff
10 I'm Older Now
11 I Got A Name
12 Without Love
13 Get Involved (Bonus track)

14 Back In Business (Unreleased)
15 Fuck Me (Unreleased)
Last edited by -Raul- on 23 Nov 2016, 13:52, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Narrator
Posts: 10552
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: elephant in the room
Location: Inside

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby Narrator » 07 Sep 2016, 15:29

I really really wanna hear "Love and Light" and "Beautiful Life" so much.
Image
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 32957
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby Javi » 07 Sep 2016, 15:33

I wanna hear all of them tbh.


Love that cover! Not too fond on the Geri logo but the rest is beautiful.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
User avatar
-Raul-
Posts: 2381
Joined: 26 Apr 2005, 16:57
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby -Raul- » 07 Sep 2016, 15:41

Yeah, it's the ugly Half of me font lol
The Spice Girls
Posts: 3174
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby The Spice Girls » 07 Sep 2016, 16:03

Cover looks gorgeous, so professional! But I'd rather see her release it under simply 'Geri' and not Horner. Btw you put Horner on the cover but Halliwell on the tracklist:D
User avatar
Kevsie
Posts: 11927
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby Kevsie » 07 Sep 2016, 16:55

That cover is amazing I love it
Last edited by Kevsie on 07 Sep 2016, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Narrator
Posts: 10552
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: elephant in the room
Location: Inside

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby Narrator » 07 Sep 2016, 17:08

Javi wrote:I wanna hear all of them tbh.

Well, yeah, that goes without saying :p ahah
But those two I mentioned are the ones I'm most curious about. "Love and Light" because it's supposed to be the lead single and was described as a quirky and upbeat kinda song. Along with the kid's choir I'm really curious as to what it sounds like...
And "Beautiful Life" because I just love the little clips we got from her Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/BAXVK3APlmy/ . https://www.instagram.com/p/BAXU5vuvlmL/) and people (Kevsie I think?) have said that it's one of her best songs vocally.
Image
User avatar
-Raul-
Posts: 2381
Joined: 26 Apr 2005, 16:57
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby -Raul- » 07 Sep 2016, 17:09

Thank you guys.
Kevsie, would that cover fit the overall album theme sound?
Fingers crossed I'll get to hear them someday!
The Spice Girls
Posts: 3174
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby The Spice Girls » 07 Sep 2016, 17:13

-Raul- wrote:Thank you guys.
Kevsie, would that cover fit the overall album theme sound?
Fingers crossed I'll get to hear them someday!


I bet it would as this was used as the iTunes cover picture on screen shot of one of the people who got the album actually.
User avatar
Narrator
Posts: 10552
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: elephant in the room
Location: Inside

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby Narrator » 07 Sep 2016, 17:14

Kevsie - What does she sound like in "If you love someone" in the album? A lot of people didn't like the way she sounded in the little clip we got. Does it work in the full song?
Image
ForeverSpiceBoy
Posts: 2639
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Chile
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)
Contact:

Re: Album #4 Thread

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 07 Sep 2016, 17:17

Geri posted a pic in Instgram with caption: "Hello, wrote a song today. Just left studio. Feels good to be creative."
Doesn't say if it's solo song or GEM song, but guess she's been reading here and trying to calm fans down.
Image

Return to “Geri Halliwell”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests