BBC2 Documentary "Geri's Nineties - My Drive to Freedom"

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
CarlosAlmeida

Re: BBC2 Documentary "Geri's Nineties - My Drive to Freedom"

Postby CarlosAlmeida » 12 Mar 2017, 16:19

Geri’s 1990s- My Drive To Freedom BBC Documentary 2017 - English Subtitles
https://vimeo.com/208002072
dentistologo

Postby dentistologo » 12 Mar 2017, 17:30

Craig-Rogers wrote:It took awhile to upload but here is is HD 2gb version of the show -

https://mega.nz/#!RNQkiRBA!NOZM8WX1nrv- ... CzmTt6sr90

Enjoy!

p.s if you share it please credit me!

Thank you so much!!
Thank you, my ladies! Keep spicing it up! :D
Imageimagenes gratis
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 12 Mar 2017, 18:27

just watched and it was good.
such a ncie splash in the 90s....i miss them
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
iaintiffin

Postby iaintiffin » 12 Mar 2017, 19:10

THE 90's was an amazing decade!
kamel

Postby kamel » 12 Mar 2017, 20:24

She said after visiting Nelson Mandela, she decided to leave the band
Bubble_Butt
Previous username(s): Irish_Eyes
Custom Title: OxyMORON

Postby Bubble_Butt » 12 Mar 2017, 23:00

kamel wrote:She said after visiting Nelson Mandela, she decided to leave the band

Yes she seemed to suggest that Princess Diana's death was the reason she left. She said something like after reflecting upon her death and returning from her meet with Mandela that she decided to leave, even though both events were months apart.

In If Only (I've only read the book once when it was released in 1999) she mentioned that she was talking to her friends in November 1997 and said she was done and had left the band but did go back again. I wonder if the whole 2 years were SUCH blur due to their schedule that it all feels like it happened around the same time?
Bubble_Butt

Postby Bubble_Butt » 12 Mar 2017, 23:01

Bubble_Butt wrote:
kamel wrote:She said after visiting Nelson Mandela, she decided to leave the band

Yes she seemed to suggest that Princess Diana's death was a factor in her reason for leaving. She said something like after reflecting upon her death and returning from her meet with Mandela that she decided to leave, even though both events were months apart.

In If Only (I've only read the book once when it was released in 1999) she mentioned that she was talking to her friends in November 1997 and said she was done and had left the band but did go back again. I wonder if the whole 2 years were SUCH blur due to their schedule that it all feels like it happened around the same time?
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 12 Mar 2017, 23:31

It was really amazing :love: I enjoyed it a lot loved her scenes with her mother so cute and the solo scenes reminded me of how big she was :love: I'm glad she's gonna make more music again .
kamel

Postby kamel » 12 Mar 2017, 23:36

Bubble_Butt wrote:

Yes she seemed to suggest that Princess Diana's death was the reason she left. She said something like after reflecting upon her death and returning from her meet with Mandela that she decided to leave, even though both events were months apart.

She seems to think she left the band in 97 after meeting Nelson, she said the day after i met him i decided to leave at age of 25 :confused:
Bubble_Butt

Postby Bubble_Butt » 13 Mar 2017, 00:32

kamel wrote:
Bubble_Butt wrote:

She seems to think she left the band in 97 after meeting Nelson, she said the day after i met him i decided to leave at age of 25 :confused:

Yes, quite strange of her. So in her view, she didn't partake in any of the world tour then lol
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 13 Mar 2017, 01:07

She probably meant she first had it in her mind to leave after those events not that she actually left then. She says those events made her reflect her own path in life which meant she decided she was going to leave the group.

However she does also say they were on tour when Blair got in power so she probably doesn't have all the dates molded into her memory like us diehard fans. :$
scrabbles

Postby scrabbles » 13 Mar 2017, 01:20

I just watched it - it's really good.

That sort of format for the BBC really suits her. I think she's constantly underestimated - she's so intelligent and well-spoken, and therefore a good fit for the show - great!
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 13 Mar 2017, 01:39

Geri has forever changed the narrative of why she left to what suits the story she is telling at the time.

I'm sure 'I wanted to be the Robbie Williams of the Spice Girls not the Gary Barlow' was far closer to the truth than she will ever admit.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 13 Mar 2017, 02:33

Great show! It was lovely of her to talk about the success of Schizophonic and the writing/recording process.

Bubble_Butt wrote:
kamel wrote:
Bubble_Butt wrote:

Yes, quite strange of her. So in her view, she didn't partake in any of the world tour then lol

She even mentioned how they were "on tour" during 1997.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 13 Mar 2017, 02:54

I must say am really disappointed. Not that I didn't like it - I did but really hoped it will be something else, with more look into the story of Spice Girls and her solo career, I really didn't get all those rave parts and politics and sports - I know it was about the decade in general, that what made her the person she was back then but thought it would be something else. I enjoyed much more her first documentary - "Geri". But at least she came across as a nice and intelligent person and not that cocky biatch from "There's something about Geri". I loved scenes with her mum and I must admit that I love how naturally beautiful she looks! I love her image nowadays, she glows health and self con, too. I just hoped they'd show how big the Spice Girls were and how it affected her and her life.
It was a nice little film but nothing special, could be better;) am happy at least we had something OFFICIAL Spice related and really hoped she really means the release the album soon! Shame about the death of GEM though!

I really liked that part about Princess Diana, Prince Charles and Nelson Mandela clips and especially that happy birthday for Prince Charles, too:) also some of the previously unreleased (?) footage of her first tv shows like that presenting job etc. I really thought she looked hot and pretty in that Turkish show!
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 13 Mar 2017, 03:01

Ps: I forgot to add if anyone is fancing an online HD stream of the doco it's available from BBC player:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08jg8nk/geris-1990s-my-drive-to-freedom
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 13 Mar 2017, 06:07

I actually liked it!

Of course we as fans would've preferred more SG story but I think it's a great way to bring her back to the spotlight. Little by Little and showing she's not crazy...

AS for the reasons she left, it could all be true, just that she's telling her story from different points

Maybe she DID have a meeting that at the next day made her want to leave.

Maybe the Mandela thing made her think about life and that's when she started taking into account other things which, months later lead to her departure
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 13 Mar 2017, 06:53

Just listened to the interview. I'm very sad that GEM project is really dead.
Bubble_Butt

Postby Bubble_Butt » 13 Mar 2017, 14:21

BootyliciousJosh wrote:Great show! It was lovely of her to talk about the success of Schizophonic and the writing/recording process.

Bubble_Butt wrote:
kamel wrote:
Bubble_Butt wrote:

She even mentioned how they were "on tour" during 1997.

I think she maybe meant promotional tour rather than concert tour. Although, I don't know if that is true or not. Maybe foreign promo for WDYTYA or back to the US as their album was number 1 following their original trip there earlier in the year?
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 13 Mar 2017, 14:46

Craig-Rogers wrote:It took awhile to upload but here is is HD 2gb version of the show -

https://mega.nz/#!RNQkiRBA!NOZM8WX1nrv- ... CzmTt6sr90

Enjoy!

p.s if you share it please credit me!

thanks!
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 13 Mar 2017, 15:39

Amaranthine18 wrote:Just listened to the interview. I'm very sad that GEM project is really dead.

So am I. They cheated on us. Again.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 13 Mar 2017, 17:41

The Spice Girls wrote:
Amaranthine18 wrote:Just listened to the interview. I'm very sad that GEM project is really dead.

So am I. They cheated on us. Again.

Which interview? What did she say?
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 13 Mar 2017, 18:33

Where did you hear this?

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite confident the GEM thing is long dead but she didn't say that in this TV special...
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 13 Mar 2017, 18:46

I'm surprised that people don't realise the bubble the girls lived in. Everything they did was spice-related. Everything. The world they walked revolved around them.

It's not strange at all that she gets dates, months, even years mixed up. It's most definitely all a blur. It's not hard to imagine. They hardly stayed put, this is the reason why they sacked Simon!

I mean, honestly :rolleyes:
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 13 Mar 2017, 18:48

And to me it's pretty obvious she doesn't think she left the band the day after they met Nelson Mandela. That was when she seriously started to think about it. Visiting him made her reflect. Again, it's not rocket science.

People in this place needs to get out of their bubble and reflect from a different point of view.

Return to “Geri Halliwell”