Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Suddenly the forum came, and then the fans came, and then the talking came, and all the drama came!
User avatar
Tiger
Posts: 9434
Joined: 27 Apr 2006, 23:05
Gender: Male
Custom Title: AKA Joe
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: "Emma Explores" - Emma's new show (Pilot filmed)

Postby Tiger » 12 Sep 2012, 16:50

I'd watch it because its Emma but thats it, seems like quite a boring show to be honest.

I'm also quite shocked that Emma is having her kids on the show as I thought she was quite commited to giving them a 'normal upbringing'?
Image
User avatar
VivaBaby
Posts: 971
Joined: 26 Oct 2006, 23:15
Gender: Female
Country: Belgium

Re: "Emma Explores" - Emma's new show?

Postby VivaBaby » 27 Sep 2012, 00:46

luvachii wrote:Hmm what a waste of time, but youll know id be watching it and loving it.

lol same here
Image
BoyV
Posts: 2177
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:55
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Thought I wasnt
Country: United_States
Location: Los Angeles

Re: "Emma Explores" - Emma's new show?

Postby BoyV » 27 Sep 2012, 02:50

VivaBaby wrote:
luvachii wrote:Hmm what a waste of time, but youll know id be watching it and loving it.

lol same here


I think everyone agrees! Lol
Image
Mumty
Posts: 166
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 22:37
Gender: Male
Country: Australia

Re: "Emma Explores" - Emma's new show (Pilot filmed)

Postby Mumty » 29 Sep 2012, 21:35

I can only echo what people have said, of course I'll watch it but the idea of "Emma exploring holiday destinations with her family" sounds awfully boring.
Image
User avatar
Vomiting Porpoise
Posts: 28329
Joined: 12 May 2005, 17:27
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: UK

Re: "Emma Explores" - Emma's new show (Pilot filmed)

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 30 Sep 2012, 00:03

I'd rather watch a show called Emma Explodes Image x
Image
User avatar
vitaminclouds
Posts: 1882
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Ireland
Location: ireland
Contact:

Re: "Emma Explores" - Emma's new show (Pilot filmed)

Postby vitaminclouds » 30 Sep 2012, 00:08

Emma visiting a farm??? Are Patsy and Edie actually managing her career in real life now? :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFdBpmAi99M
User avatar
RainbowNerdette
Posts: 4415
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 22:13
Custom Title: Spice Cadet
Country: Netherlands
Location: Amsterdam

Re: "Emma Explores" - Emma's new show (Pilot filmed)

Postby RainbowNerdette » 01 Oct 2012, 18:49

Vomiting Porpoise wrote:I'd rather watch a show called Emma Explodes Image x


If the concept was her visiting places with notoriously bad service/rude staff and then having a huge fit when they mess up I'd watch it :p
Image
.
. .
They say: "What don’t kill me will make me strong" and I’m not dead.
.
User avatar
Sman
Posts: 2805
Joined: 01 Nov 2008, 00:12
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Pop doodler
Location: London
Contact:

Re: "Emma Explores" - Emma's new show (Pilot filmed)

Postby Sman » 02 Oct 2012, 11:47

< Haha, now that would be a show! I have such a big stupid smile after that post! Very funny!
Image
Amaranthine18
Posts: 861
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 14:25
Gender: Male

Re: "Emma Explores" - Emma's new show (Pilot filmed)

Postby Amaranthine18 » 24 Jul 2014, 07:11

Any news on this?
Image
User avatar
TheBiatches
Posts: 28103
Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 19:08
Gender: Male
Location: Barcelona (originally from Naples, Italy)

Re: "Emma Explores" - Emma's new show (Pilot filmed)

Postby TheBiatches » 05 Nov 2014, 22:50

Amaranthine18 wrote:Any news on this?

Just updated the thread with some new info! Sadly the show will probably never air but we now have a clip of it.
Image
Mr.X
Posts: 8728
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Nowhere and Everywhere
Contact:

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby Mr.X » 06 Nov 2014, 00:12

Thank you for the update. It did look pish anyway :/
Image
User avatar
Vomiting Porpoise
Posts: 28329
Joined: 12 May 2005, 17:27
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: UK

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 06 Nov 2014, 00:39

"Oh no, this is going to be terrible."

I couldn,t have put it better myslef x
Image
Emmel C fan
Posts: 2101
Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 15:30
Gender: Female
Custom Title: fan of SG since 1996
Country: Denmark
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby Emmel C fan » 06 Nov 2014, 14:09

It looks good from what I'm seeing would love to the the full show so I hope the air it :)
Mr.X
Posts: 8728
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Nowhere and Everywhere
Contact:

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby Mr.X » 06 Nov 2014, 14:57

Emmel C fan wrote:It looks good from what I'm seeing would love to the the full show so I hope the air it :)


Image
Image
User avatar
TheBiatches
Posts: 28103
Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 19:08
Gender: Male
Location: Barcelona (originally from Naples, Italy)

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby TheBiatches » 06 Nov 2014, 15:09

I would have been happy with it, to be honest. The more I see of Emma, the better.

Image
Image
Gonnabe
Posts: 5121
Joined: 04 Nov 2006, 13:34
Gender: Male
Country: Greece
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby Gonnabe » 06 Nov 2014, 15:18

Thank the universe this wasn't released. She had time to do that but not record new music...
For me, I'd rather they sat in their houses and never go public again than making idiotic reality tv. Personally I don't watch TV and if I (a fan) couldn't care less about these things, why would anyone else care?
User avatar
TheBiatches
Posts: 28103
Joined: 02 Apr 2006, 19:08
Gender: Male
Location: Barcelona (originally from Naples, Italy)

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby TheBiatches » 06 Nov 2014, 16:06

Gonnabe wrote:Thank the universe this wasn't released. She had time to do that but not record new music...
For me, I'd rather they sat in their houses and never go public again than making idiotic reality tv. Personally I don't watch TV and if I (a fan) couldn't care less about these things, why would anyone else care?

1) She filmed this with her family, she wouldn't record music with her family, and her family is her #1 priority
2) Most of us don't give a shit about Victoria's clothes, but many non-fans care
3) The same could be said about Emma's radio shows, yet tons of people listen to them

We got It's A Scary World which was painfully scripted and incredibly unfunny yet many people watched it and no one complained. I would much rather have this because 1) it featured my favourite Spice Girl and 2) it looks real, and I hate scripted reality TV

Mind you, I hate reality TV just as much as you, but with Emma I'll take anything these days since you hardly ever see her.
Image
Gonnabe
Posts: 5121
Joined: 04 Nov 2006, 13:34
Gender: Male
Country: Greece
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby Gonnabe » 06 Nov 2014, 16:18

TheBiatches wrote:
Gonnabe wrote:Thank the universe this wasn't released. She had time to do that but not record new music...
For me, I'd rather they sat in their houses and never go public again than making idiotic reality tv. Personally I don't watch TV and if I (a fan) couldn't care less about these things, why would anyone else care?

1) She filmed this with her family, she wouldn't record music with her family, and her family is her #1 priority
2) Most of us don't give a shit about Victoria's clothes, but many non-fans care
3) The same could be said about Emma's radio shows, yet tons of people listen to them

We got It's A Scary World which was painfully scripted and incredibly unfunny yet many people watched it and no one complained. I would much rather have this because 1) it featured my favourite Spice Girl and 2) it looks real, and I hate scripted reality TV

Mind you, I hate reality TV just as much as you, but with Emma I'll take anything these days since you hardly ever see her.

The thing is that such programs tent to kill our idols. I have never watched any reality with Mel B. Unfortunatelly I watched There's smt about Geri... and OMG did I laugh with VB coming to America. But this type of show would be boring. I wouldn't watch it even if Angelina Jolie was in it, even if she dressed up as Lara Croft while presenting it. Sorry.
Plus, Emma could record music with her Family, Victoria did it, Mel B has done it, Melanie C keeps on doing it and Geri does it (Both are single parents) She could release an album Just for the fans with no big promotion. Nobody is asking a world tour. Just new music.
Mr.X
Posts: 8728
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Nowhere and Everywhere
Contact:

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby Mr.X » 06 Nov 2014, 16:26

Gonnabe wrote:
TheBiatches wrote:
Gonnabe wrote:Thank the universe this wasn't released. She had time to do that but not record new music...
For me, I'd rather they sat in their houses and never go public again than making idiotic reality tv. Personally I don't watch TV and if I (a fan) couldn't care less about these things, why would anyone else care?

1) She filmed this with her family, she wouldn't record music with her family, and her family is her #1 priority
2) Most of us don't give a shit about Victoria's clothes, but many non-fans care
3) The same could be said about Emma's radio shows, yet tons of people listen to them

We got It's A Scary World which was painfully scripted and incredibly unfunny yet many people watched it and no one complained. I would much rather have this because 1) it featured my favourite Spice Girl and 2) it looks real, and I hate scripted reality TV

Mind you, I hate reality TV just as much as you, but with Emma I'll take anything these days since you hardly ever see her.

The thing is that such programs tent to kill our idols. I have never watched any reality with Mel B. Unfortunatelly I watched There's smt about Geri... and OMG did I laugh with VB coming to America. But this type of show would be boring. I wouldn't watch it even if Angelina Jolie was in it, even if she dressed up as Lara Croft while presenting it. Sorry.
Plus, Emma could record music with her Family, Victoria did it, Mel B has done it, Melanie C keeps on doing it and Geri does it (Both are single parents) She could release an album Just for the fans with no big promotion. Nobody is asking a world tour. Just new music.


Yeah I see what you are saying and to honest I agree with you.

I would rather not have Emma - Credible Spice! - doing shit like this. I am glad it never took off to be honest, as it looks even worse than I thought it would.

I only watched bits of Mel B's show and Victoria's and I have to say that the reason I didnt watch more is cos they reeked of shitness. I hate these things. I even hate the X-Factor and that Mel is doing this type of bullshit nowadays.

Fine, it gave them a new level of visibility at the time, but I am not here for that.

Emma has plenty of talent and she could easily pull off another album, do small venues touring, just like Mel C does - and god knows that Mel's latest efforts were nothing more than average and she has never been particularly liked by media or public in general - which would not take her away from her family too much.

My guess is that 19 Entertainment dont want her to do music cos it is not profitable enough. They are that type of management, from what I am guessing. Emma should follow her talent, she was the one with the best potential post-Spice and apart from Victoria, she is the one most people like nowadays and the one with the best position to release new music, even if it doesnt set the charts on fire.
Image
Andrew bunton
Posts: 234
Joined: 15 Mar 2008, 20:31
Gender: Male

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby Andrew bunton » 06 Nov 2014, 18:22

Agree 19 Entertainment has not done much for the career of Emma.
She should change management.
Image
User avatar
Tiger
Posts: 9434
Joined: 27 Apr 2006, 23:05
Gender: Male
Custom Title: AKA Joe
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby Tiger » 07 Nov 2014, 11:35

Andrew bunton wrote:Agree 19 Entertainment has not done much for the career of Emma.
She should change management.


To be honest its not 19, its her. When Simon Fuller did that radio 2 interview Annie Lennox had some sound bites about how he doesn't force her to do something if she doesn't want to, it can be over a decade between albums and hes fine with that.
Image
User avatar
WhatTheHell
Posts: 3160
Joined: 04 May 2012, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby WhatTheHell » 09 Nov 2014, 00:47

People, Victoria Coming to America was very funny, and intentionally scripted (and well acted). The fact that they stated in the credits that her assistant is an actress says it all.
It's a Scary World is also funny (less than Vic) and scripted but not so well acted. But it has Angel who steals the show everytime she's on camera.

This Emma reality looks really boring. We won't see anything music related, in fact not even with her real life. Well, at least we see the children. Maybe if they add some scripted parts in the style of It's a Scary World with funny situations it have worked.
User avatar
Vomiting Porpoise
Posts: 28329
Joined: 12 May 2005, 17:27
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: UK

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 09 Nov 2014, 15:12

WhatTheHell wrote:Well, at least we see the children.


:death:
Image
blackilicious
Posts: 2203
Joined: 24 Oct 2007, 11:25
Gender: Male
Country: France
Location: Paris/ France
Contact:

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby blackilicious » 10 Nov 2014, 15:51

Vomiting Porpoise wrote:
WhatTheHell wrote:Well, at least we see the children.


:death:


VP: :hug:
Image
User avatar
VodkaMouth
Posts: 8140
Joined: 24 Jun 2012, 02:01
Gender: Male

Re: Sky1's reality show Emma Explores - UPDATE with video

Postby VodkaMouth » 10 Nov 2014, 20:55

I might be biased or something, but I enjoyed that clip!

I must admit it doesn't look like the most interesting show ever, but it would be the first time in ages that we would have the chance to just see her going around with a camera filming everything :p
Image

Return to “Emma Bunton”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests