Emma takes part in new US reality series "Boyband"

Suddenly the forum came, and then the fans came, and then the talking came, and all the drama came!
gingerboy

Re: Emma takes part in new US reality series "Boyband"

Postby gingerboy » 11 Jul 2017, 12:41

Craig-Rogers wrote:
SomeonesBaby wrote:
Emmel C fan wrote:Anyone have and will screencapture the episodes ? :)

Here are official, HQ photos.

Some are 'screen grabs,' some are promotional.

http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/shows ... nd/photos/

I can't believe it, not 1 picture of Emma :despise:

Yesterday I found an article saying that one member from jury was going to leave the show to join on the American Idols panel. Maybe that´s the reason of no photos from Emma

http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/06/29/whi ... ck-carter/
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 11 Jul 2017, 14:33

Well Idol is linked to Simon Fuller so you never know
rusty_nail

Postby rusty_nail » 12 Jul 2017, 07:47

gingerboy wrote:
Yesterday I found an article saying that one member from jury was going to leave the show to join on the American Idols panel. Maybe that´s the reason of no photos from Emma

http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/06/29/whi ... ck-carter/

The article's quoting some unnamed insider...so who knows how much of this is accurate. But. Let's say for fun that it is. There's an usual suggestion in there that Emma, Nick, and Timbaland could ALL make the new Idol panel.

Two schools of thought on this.

On one hand...it'd make sense in terms of money spent for the show's personalities. Katy's making an outrageous amount of money as a judge. Seacrest is also taking a chunk of change. It's well-known the rest of the panel would cost far less. Emma, Nick, and Timbaland would fit the bill. Could Boyband just be an opportunity to build chemistry between the judges...and get the audience familiar with them behind a panel? Was this the plan all along?

On the other hand...Boyband is crashing and burning. Would Idol really want to restart with so much negative stigma from Boyband?

Regardless, I *suppose* Idol could be a good opportunity for Emma. The show's returning waaay too early after talking up their finale so much. Also, while I like Katy, I don't know that she's going to guarantee the ratings they're hoping to get with that paycheck. It's not a knock on her. The show just hasn't been gone long enough to miss it.
King

Postby King » 12 Jul 2017, 09:32

IF its someone from Boyband, then it's Timbaland, both Emma and Nick are NO names and Idol is too big for them.
rusty_nail

Postby rusty_nail » 12 Jul 2017, 13:16

King wrote:IF its someone from Boyband, then it's Timbaland, both Emma and Nick are NO names and Idol is too big for them.

I wouldn't say Nick and Emma would be more unusual than someone like Harry Connick Jr...and certainly not more unusual than Kara Dioguardi. And they're not really "no names" in the US. Both belong to groups with major nostalgia factor. BSB is literally one of the best selling US acts ever (not a fan...just stating a fact). Mel B's been very successful as a judge. Why not another Spice?

More important is this. Variety (a reputable source) is claiming Katy's making over $25 million...65% of the budget for talent. Seacrest is making $10 million in addition to that. So. Do the math on what's left for the remaining two/three judges. It'd still be a decent payday. But. There will not be another major current star sitting up there. Plus...it's going to have to be people who are humble enough to accept basically fourth or fifth what Katy's making. So. That article's suggestion of Christina's out of the question.
King

Postby King » 12 Jul 2017, 23:30

rusty_nail wrote:
King wrote:IF its someone from Boyband, then it's Timbaland, both Emma and Nick are NO names and Idol is too big for them.

I wouldn't say Nick and Emma would be more unusual than someone like Harry Connick Jr...and certainly not more unusual than Kara Dioguardi. And they're not really "no names" in the US. Both belong to groups with major nostalgia factor. BSB is literally one of the best selling US acts ever (not a fan...just stating a fact). Mel B's been very successful as a judge. Why not another Spice?

More important is this. Variety (a reputable source) is claiming Katy's making over $25 million...65% of the budget for talent. Seacrest is making $10 million in addition to that. So. Do the math on what's left for the remaining two/three judges. It'd still be a decent payday. But. There will not be another major current star sitting up there. Plus...it's going to have to be people who are humble enough to accept basically fourth or fifth what Katy's making. So. That article's suggestion of Christina's out of the question.

Mel B worked her ass off to get to where she is now. Emma can't just become an Idol judge, she never did anything solo in America (except those Frego commercials and FM mini promo, and both went unnoticed). She's not tested to audiences. Remember when Simon Cowell pushed Cherly Cole to the US? :laugh:
ep7210

Postby ep7210 » 13 Jul 2017, 05:47

King wrote:
rusty_nail wrote:

Mel B worked her ass off to get to where she is now. Emma can't just become an Idol judge, she never did anything solo in America (except those Frego commercials and FM mini promo, and both went unnoticed). She's not tested to audiences. Remember when Simon Cowell pushed Cherly Cole to the US? :laugh:

What's the reception in the US so far?
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 13 Jul 2017, 09:39

Cheryl Cole was unknown in the USA and so were Girls Aloud. Emma Bunton might not be famous over there on her own but the Spice Girls were and still are. So it's not the same situation at all.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
kamel

Postby kamel » 13 Jul 2017, 12:51

King wrote:
rusty_nail wrote:

Emma can become an idol judge, the SG were huge in the US, she is not from Girls aloud :p
Spicegirls120507

Postby Spicegirls120507 » 13 Jul 2017, 21:08

I hope Emma is able to jump off this sinking ship onto American Idol.
King

Postby King » 13 Jul 2017, 22:01

Spicegirls120507 wrote:I hope Emma is able to jump off this sinking ship onto American Idol.

She probably has a contract to finish Boyband, no? She can't just quit it...

It would be amazing if she did Idol, but i doubt it.
alex87{EmmaBunton}

Postby alex87{EmmaBunton} » 14 Jul 2017, 21:26

Craig u have a new episode ?
Peter

Postby Peter » 16 Jul 2017, 11:37

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWmIShdh7ue/?hl=en

So there are those boyband rejects I guess who are hating on Emma instagram posts just because they got eliminated I guess. Or maybe it's just one person with few ig accounts or some "friends"? I don't know. But it's not funny. At all.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWkizz7lA4p/?hl=en

Look at all those snake emojis and rude comments. Some people should have their Internet cut off.
felx

Postby felx » 16 Jul 2017, 11:59

The Spice Girls wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BWmIShdh7ue/?hl=en

So there are those boyband rejects I guess who are hating on Emma instagram posts just because they got eliminated I guess. Or maybe it's just one person with few ig accounts or some "friends"? I don't know. But it's not funny. At all.

Look at all those snake emojis and rude comments. Some people should have their Internet cut off.

many of YOU (sg fans) did the same and even more worst for Melanie C.......just remember last year......
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 16 Jul 2017, 18:34

Emma Station |
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 16 Jul 2017, 19:24

:D That's hilarious, I wondered what all the snakes were about! Little girls and boybands = a lethal combination.
Craig Rogers-Bennett
Custom Title: Craig R-B

Postby Craig Rogers-Bennett » 18 Jul 2017, 00:17

tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 19 Jul 2017, 02:19

Emma Station |
Rafael_XCX

Postby Rafael_XCX » 20 Jul 2017, 01:02

Peter wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BWmIShdh7ue/?hl=en

That's not his official instagram... this is: https://www.instagram.com/wesisthename/
So that's just a troller... wouldn't be surprised if it was somebody from here tho. :rolleyes:
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 20 Jul 2017, 01:21

felx wrote:

many of YOU (sg fans) did the same and even more worst for Melanie C.......just remember last year......

Will you please stop bringing Sporty Spice into all the threads in here :Dizzy:
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 20 Jul 2017, 02:05

Last edited by tiagohm on 20 Jul 2017, 04:10, edited 1 time in total.
Emma Station |
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 20 Jul 2017, 04:05

Emma Station |
pinkbecca12

Postby pinkbecca12 » 20 Jul 2017, 10:10

tiagohm wrote:

thank you for the updates Tiagohm :hug:
tiagohm