Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

From UK to LA, Todays The Day To Post Away
User avatar
Snapple Spice
Posts: 2442
Joined: 06 Aug 2006, 02:10
Gender: Female
Country: United_States
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby Snapple Spice » 07 Feb 2017, 02:54

rebelheart wrote:I so want to watch it. I'm here in NYC, visiting solo. I don't know anyone who would want to watch with me. :(


You should go! Why not see it on your own?
~I Love Melanie C :)~
User avatar
rebelheart
Posts: 7223
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: viva la vida
Country: Philippines

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby rebelheart » 08 Feb 2017, 18:42

Snapple Spice wrote:
rebelheart wrote:I so want to watch it. I'm here in NYC, visiting solo. I don't know anyone who would want to watch with me. :(


You should go! Why not see it on your own?


Yes I will. She will be the 3rd Spice Girl I will see in person. Only Baby and Ginger left. :D
You know you'll never be lonely,
No, you'll always be loved,
And maybe, you never need more than that.
But for the surplus that loves,
What's to become of us?
Does it even register on your conscience?

- Half Life by Imogen Heap
besospice
Posts: 469
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 03:09

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby besospice » 14 Feb 2017, 15:27

I'm reading all this and I'm so excited!
I'm waiting in line to get rush tickets for valentines... and I can't wait!!!!
I've never met a spice girl... I saw them in concert 3 times when they came to ny! And that's the only time I saw them.
Hopefully I can't snap a pic! :)
Image
amyabsolut
Posts: 85
Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 18:56
Gender: Female
Country: United_States
Location: Medford, NY
Contact:

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby amyabsolut » 14 Feb 2017, 15:47

Despite my love for the Spice Girls I'm no longer an active member on this forum, just thought you guys would like an update from Mel B at the Chicago show omg did she blow me away. I live on Long Island so I'm about an hour and a half train ride to the city, I wouldn't say I frequent Broadway but I've seen quite a few shows - unfortunately missed Mel in Rent as I was going to school in LA during that time. Went on Saturday at 2:30 the first time and couldn't believe how amazing she was - now I've never seen the show before or the movie so I wasn't sure what to expect, so I don't know how Roxy is really supposed to act, anyway I am totally biased but Mel was absolutely amazing. I had such a high after seeing that performance I went right online and bought tickets for Monday that ended up being second row seats! Even more amazing right before the show they handed out cards that said for Valentine's day Mel will be doing a special talk back after the show! I almost died! She came out with her two youngest daughters and addressed questions of the audience! She answered quite a few and then when the guy started to cut it off- she was like "wait! the man back there has his hand up". She did mention what a great experience being in the show was and that she got on easier than with some of the cast in Rent (at least thats what she implied), she also mentioned how much more nervous she is to do Broadway as opposed to performing with the Spice Girls because of how they were like family and it wasn't a huge deal if one of them made a mistake on stage. After they announced she would sign autographs outside which was totally even more amazing so I went to wait outside. I brought a Mel B doll with me (cheesy, I know) but her daughter Madison kept pointing at it! She was right in front of me - she said she didn't have a doll of her mom! I handed it right over happily although Madison questioned the missing boot (fell off somewhere during the show) :laugh: I was like three double jugs of wine in because I was so nervous to go to the talk back, but when she came out I was like "MELLLLL PLEASE be in a selfie with me" and she happily seemed to oblige. OMG and she mentioned during the talk back - the guy comes out and says to Mel "Did you see theres a spice girl doll in the audience?" And she goes "You know someone did mention that backstage they were like Mel someone has a doll of you " :laugh: Silly to bring it but I remember from ROTSG when I was in the front Mel pointed right at my doll and showed one of the other girls and it was definitely one of the highlights of that tour for me! Anyway I thought she was phenomenal I wish I could have got some real footage but it's so hard to record Broadway! did get some short clips I will be uploading to youtube in a few so I'll post the link. Anyone who hasn't made it to Chicago who can, def go see it, she's only there another week, thinking about going for a third time! breaking the bank! I came home with all sorts of souvenirs and now have like 4 Chicago travel mugs which is what they sold the wine in (what am I going to do with these) :confused: ?
Image
besospice
Posts: 469
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 03:09

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby besospice » 14 Feb 2017, 15:56

^ omg I'm so happy to have read this. I can't wait for tonight !!!!
Image
amyabsolut
Posts: 85
Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 18:56
Gender: Female
Country: United_States
Location: Medford, NY
Contact:

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby amyabsolut » 14 Feb 2017, 16:08

Here are the clips I got, sorry for poor quality and lighting and I wasn't able to get any of her singing - it's seriously so hard to record there! The last clip is her and her daughters on stage during the talk back!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp6lICg_Hvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw0Ju9dGneA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXxrGcN-72A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIztykzx-O4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j_mqGHyKcw
Image
amyabsolut
Posts: 85
Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 18:56
Gender: Female
Country: United_States
Location: Medford, NY
Contact:

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby amyabsolut » 14 Feb 2017, 16:17

Image
Image
amyabsolut
Posts: 85
Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 18:56
Gender: Female
Country: United_States
Location: Medford, NY
Contact:

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby amyabsolut » 14 Feb 2017, 16:23

want to go back but I don't think I could top this experience again! and I think I'm starting to get a little crazy haha I hope you so enjoy tonight's performance!
Image
Macibi
Posts: 86
Joined: 04 May 2011, 18:38
Gender: Male

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby Macibi » 14 Feb 2017, 17:26

amyabsolut wrote:Here are the clips I got, sorry for poor quality and lighting and I wasn't able to get any of her singing - it's seriously so hard to record there! The last clip is her and her daughters on stage during the talk back!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp6lICg_Hvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw0Ju9dGneA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXxrGcN-72A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIztykzx-O4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j_mqGHyKcw


Thank you sooooo much! :love: :love: :love: :love: I would love to go, but yeah... i'm on the other part of the world :D
User avatar
sammy01
Posts: 12558
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 15:30

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby sammy01 » 14 Feb 2017, 20:03

Amy your posts and pic are adorable.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
besospice
Posts: 469
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 03:09

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby besospice » 14 Feb 2017, 21:35

yaaas!!! thank you so much for sharing!! i will share my pics later tonight :)
Image
Mario
Posts: 2224
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Location: Paris (France)
Contact:

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby Mario » 15 Feb 2017, 17:10

amyabsolut wrote:Despite my love for the Spice Girls I'm no longer an active member on this forum, just thought you guys would like an update from Mel B at the Chicago show omg did she blow me away. I live on Long Island so I'm about an hour and a half train ride to the city, I wouldn't say I frequent Broadway but I've seen quite a few shows - unfortunately missed Mel in Rent as I was going to school in LA during that time. Went on Saturday at 2:30 the first time and couldn't believe how amazing she was - now I've never seen the show before or the movie so I wasn't sure what to expect, so I don't know how Roxy is really supposed to act, anyway I am totally biased but Mel was absolutely amazing. I had such a high after seeing that performance I went right online and bought tickets for Monday that ended up being second row seats! Even more amazing right before the show they handed out cards that said for Valentine's day Mel will be doing a special talk back after the show! I almost died! She came out with her two youngest daughters and addressed questions of the audience! She answered quite a few and then when the guy started to cut it off- she was like "wait! the man back there has his hand up". She did mention what a great experience being in the show was and that she got on easier than with some of the cast in Rent (at least thats what she implied), she also mentioned how much more nervous she is to do Broadway as opposed to performing with the Spice Girls because of how they were like family and it wasn't a huge deal if one of them made a mistake on stage. After they announced she would sign autographs outside which was totally even more amazing so I went to wait outside. I brought a Mel B doll with me (cheesy, I know) but her daughter Madison kept pointing at it! She was right in front of me - she said she didn't have a doll of her mom! I handed it right over happily although Madison questioned the missing boot (fell off somewhere during the show) :laugh: I was like three double jugs of wine in because I was so nervous to go to the talk back, but when she came out I was like "MELLLLL PLEASE be in a selfie with me" and she happily seemed to oblige. OMG and she mentioned during the talk back - the guy comes out and says to Mel "Did you see theres a spice girl doll in the audience?" And she goes "You know someone did mention that backstage they were like Mel someone has a doll of you " :laugh: Silly to bring it but I remember from ROTSG when I was in the front Mel pointed right at my doll and showed one of the other girls and it was definitely one of the highlights of that tour for me! Anyway I thought she was phenomenal I wish I could have got some real footage but it's so hard to record Broadway! did get some short clips I will be uploading to youtube in a few so I'll post the link. Anyone who hasn't made it to Chicago who can, def go see it, she's only there another week, thinking about going for a third time! breaking the bank! I came home with all sorts of souvenirs and now have like 4 Chicago travel mugs which is what they sold the wine in (what am I going to do with these) :confused: ?


Thank's for your feedback,

I had the same high after I saw the show last month, she is doing such a good job, very hilarious and she nailed every single songs. My favorite part was "We both reach for the gun" scene, with Mel as a puppet, so so hilarious and I had goose bump when she sang the first lines of "Nowadays" by herself on stage with that velvety voice of her, it was very beautiful.
I was second row as well and I was wearing a leopard print santa hat that all the cast (Mel included) noticed at some point, and at the end of the first act she just stared at me until the curtains were completely down. And during the signing session after the show, she came right at me and told me that she spotted me in second row that she loves the hat and that I was funny, and I had my selfies as well.

Image

I was so proud of me that night, and it's a very great memory which I'm still cherishing to this day.

Image
Image
avamac84
Posts: 516
Joined: 19 Jan 2005, 07:10
Location: NEW YORK
Contact:

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby avamac84 » 15 Feb 2017, 21:50

Soooo I went to see Chicago on Valentines day with my boyfriend. I was so excited to see Mel B.
Honestly, I am being very biased cuz it's freaking scary spice haha. I am a big musical theater geek. I've seen so many shows, so I can see how she's not at the level of musical theater professionals, but that didn't really matter. Mel B was great! Everyone in the theater was happy and laughing and enjoying the show. My boyfriend liked her a lot.
At the end of the show, we waited for her. I was petrified. It was the first time I was meeting a spice girl!!! I've been crazy for them since they came out with wannabe. My boyfriend had to say some words on my behalf cuz nothing was coming out. She was nice enough to exchange a couple of words with us, and then we took a picture, and that was it :)

I also recorded the audio of the whole show if you guys want to listen to it. I'll post two links on Youtube. It's not the best quality, but I hope you like it :)

Image


ACT 1




ACT 2

MUSICAL THEATER!!!
Image
User avatar
AcidBurn
Posts: 4897
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three
Country: Norway
Location: Bodø

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby AcidBurn » 15 Feb 2017, 22:46

Wow, thanks for the clips and the audio. She sounds surprisingly decent vocally. At times, she's even quite good. Colour me impressed!
amyabsolut
Posts: 85
Joined: 10 Feb 2008, 18:56
Gender: Female
Country: United_States
Location: Medford, NY
Contact:

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby amyabsolut » 16 Feb 2017, 03:07

omg you are literally my favorite person ever, that's all I've wanted since I've left the show - the audio! thanks so much for that
Image
avamac84
Posts: 516
Joined: 19 Jan 2005, 07:10
Location: NEW YORK
Contact:

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby avamac84 » 16 Feb 2017, 16:32

amyabsolut wrote:omg you are literally my favorite person ever, that's all I've wanted since I've left the show - the audio! thanks so much for that


You are very welcome ;)
MUSICAL THEATER!!!
Image
User avatar
...FunkyFresh...
Posts: 7888
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: MB World
Country: United_States
Location: ...funky town...
Contact:

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby ...FunkyFresh... » 16 Feb 2017, 17:20

avamac84 wrote:I also recorded the audio of the whole show if you guys want to listen to it. I'll post two links on Youtube. It's not the best quality, but I hope you like it :)

Image


ACT 1




ACT 2



you are a saint, thank you!

so glad everyone has been having great experiences.
Image
Josh 7
Posts: 119
Joined: 22 Mar 2006, 18:19

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby Josh 7 » 16 Feb 2017, 22:31

Thank you so much for posting the audio - I've just listened to the whole thing start to finish, and felt like I was right there with you! Really really enjoyed that - Mel might not be the best singer or actress on Broadway, but listening to that, she definitely still has that magic as a performer, and her presence and personality alone really bring Roxie to life and steal the show. Loved it, thank you again!
avamac84
Posts: 516
Joined: 19 Jan 2005, 07:10
Location: NEW YORK
Contact:

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby avamac84 » 16 Feb 2017, 22:37

Josh 7 wrote:Thank you so much for posting the audio - I've just listened to the whole thing start to finish, and felt like I was right there with you! Really really enjoyed that - Mel might not be the best singer or actress on Broadway, but listening to that, she definitely still has that magic as a performer, and her presence and personality alone really bring Roxie to life and steal the show. Loved it, thank you again!



You're very welcome!!! sorry for the loud laughs and the screams!! we loved yelling YAASSS!! hahah :angel: :love:
MUSICAL THEATER!!!
Image
Josh 7
Posts: 119
Joined: 22 Mar 2006, 18:19

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby Josh 7 » 16 Feb 2017, 22:59

^^Haha, please don't apologise - I loved your chuckling, it was all part of the experience! :)
User avatar
Craig Rogers-Bennett
Posts: 1757
Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 23:38
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Craig R-B
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Clacton-on-Sea
Contact:

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby Craig Rogers-Bennett » 17 Feb 2017, 13:29

thank you so much for the audio :)
Travis
Posts: 140
Joined: 04 Mar 2007, 06:42
Gender: Male
Country: United_States
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby Travis » 18 Feb 2017, 06:55

YES! Thank you so much for the audio! You are amazing for contributing this to the community! And this is a great way to remember my visit to NY!
User avatar
rebelheart
Posts: 7223
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: viva la vida
Country: Philippines

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby rebelheart » 18 Feb 2017, 08:47

I just saw Mel B after the show. We waited for almost an hour in the cold but it was so worth it. She was super nice. She's the first Spice Girl I had a selfie with plus an autograph. I was so proud for her. Her theatre background really shines in the stage. I think Imma watch her on the last day hahaha
You know you'll never be lonely,
No, you'll always be loved,
And maybe, you never need more than that.
But for the surplus that loves,
What's to become of us?
Does it even register on your conscience?

- Half Life by Imogen Heap
simby
Posts: 4917
Joined: 23 Apr 2006, 09:48
Location: casa beckham

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby simby » 18 Feb 2017, 11:18

rebelheart wrote:I just saw Mel B after the show. We waited for almost an hour in the cold but it was so worth it. She was super nice. She's the first Spice Girl I had a selfie with plus an autograph. I was so proud for her. Her theatre background really shines in the stage. I think Imma watch her on the last day hahaha


I'm happy for you!
Did you ask her about SG?
User avatar
rebelheart
Posts: 7223
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: viva la vida
Country: Philippines

Re: Mel B in Chicago Musical (Broadway NYC)

Postby rebelheart » 18 Feb 2017, 21:17

simby wrote:
rebelheart wrote:I just saw Mel B after the show. We waited for almost an hour in the cold but it was so worth it. She was super nice. She's the first Spice Girl I had a selfie with plus an autograph. I was so proud for her. Her theatre background really shines in the stage. I think Imma watch her on the last day hahaha


I'm happy for you!
Did you ask her about SG?


Aww thanks. No, I didn't ask her. I just asked her how she was and she said she was doing great. I was basically speechless and couldn't believe my luck. I come from far away and to have this opportunity with 1/5 of the most iconic girl band was such a treat. The one thing I wanted to ask was if she and VB talked to each other recently but figured it wasn't appropriate. VB was here in NYC during the NYFW but I guess they were both too busy to meet up. Or are they even friends?

She was very lovely in person and super nice towards us fans. She took her time and made sure everyone got their photo and autograph. I stayed after I got my selfie and just observed her. I'm not creepy LOL I was just really mesmerized by Mel B. :inlove:
You know you'll never be lonely,
No, you'll always be loved,
And maybe, you never need more than that.
But for the surplus that loves,
What's to become of us?
Does it even register on your conscience?

- Half Life by Imogen Heap

Return to “Melanie B”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests