Geri Reacts to friend, George Michael's, Death

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
The Spice Girls

Re: Geri Reacts to friend, George Michael's, Death

Postby The Spice Girls » 20 Mar 2017, 02:10

kamel wrote:
Geri Halliwell will read at George Michael's funeral

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... e-10055520

"The choice has raised eyebrows among some of his friends as the two weren't close when he died."

It's such a shame they didn't make up before he died:/
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 20 Mar 2017, 03:11

I don't know why but I have the feeling that that line "The choice has raised eyebrows among some of his friends as the two weren't close when he died" has been added just to add controversy.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 20 Mar 2017, 13:51

PeruvianSpice wrote:I don't know why but I have the feeling that that line "The choice has raised eyebrows among some of his friends as the two weren't close when he died" has been added just to add controversy.

It definitely has. Besides even if they weren't as close anymore why does that mean she can't do that?
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 20 Mar 2017, 15:05

schizophonic_spice wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:I don't know why but I have the feeling that that line "The choice has raised eyebrows among some of his friends as the two weren't close when he died" has been added just to add controversy.

It definitely has. Besides even if they weren't as close anymore why does that mean she can't do that?

I've read it at least couple of times before in previous Geri/George combined articles. I think there has to be something in it.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 20 Mar 2017, 15:29

^And so what? They definitely had fun together at the Olympics party, so clearly they made up. George wasn't close to anyone towards the end, he was very much keeping to himself and a very limited number of people.

And even though, Geri wasn't the single one to blame for them growing apart. He publicly made fun of her because she said a couple of times that the reason why she chose "Calling" as the third single was because he liked it. After George and Kenny broke up, Geri was mostly with Kenny as he lived in L.A. as well.

And again, they clearly made up and enjoyed each other's company but were in different stages of life to hang out the way they used to. It's not unusual that childhood friends hold speeches in funerals of their friends even if they haven't seen each other in 30-40 years, because they shared a special time together. And that's the whole point of that, Geri remembers George because he helped her through a particularly hard time. If anyone has a problem with her honouring that, and saying a final farewell to her friend, she's not the problem. They are.
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 20 Mar 2017, 22:19

People raise their eyebrows at everything these days. From what I've gathered it will be a small ceremony with very few people attending, and if the family invited Geri to give a speech, she's clearly considered worthy to do so.
Jer

Postby Jer » 29 Mar 2017, 23:59

It appears that Geri wasn't at the private funeral for George: 'Beloved Son, Brother and Friend' George Michael Finally Laid to Rest 3 Months After His Death
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 30 Mar 2017, 10:15

/\ maybe they just didn't mention her name? It's not stated there that "Geri Horner wasn't there".
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 30 Mar 2017, 10:49

"Close friend and former Spice Girl Geri Horner, 44, is believed to have done the eulogy. An intimate wake has also been arranged."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4360756/Fadi-races-cemetery-George-Michael-s-funeral.html
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 03 Apr 2017, 16:07

I really respect her for keeping it private. I always assumed she used their relationship (and sometimes she had) but the way she handled the whole thing proves she's grown and she is not the same woman she was.

Return to “Geri Halliwell”