Spice girls and animal skins

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Re: Spice girls and animal skins

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 18 May 2017, 15:06

spice96 wrote:Were they wearing skin animal clothes?
Did any of the girls ever wear fake skin animal?

MelC is the only one she never wore animal skin?

Because PETA never criticized the spice girls having so much fame, and if to other celebrities? I think it rare...

PETA never did critisize them because they never took them seriously. What do you mean by animal skin? Leather is animal skin. So every girl has. If you mean fur, all the girls have. If you mean indangared species like snakes, crocodiles, Tigers etc then Victoria has worn animal skin several times and Mel B too.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 18 May 2017, 15:39

There's a thing called synthetic fur. Just because they are wearing fur in pictures it doesn't mean it's real. In order to know if it's real or synthetic, you'd have to ask them or check the coat's tag / guess the designer piece.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Madame de Saint-Just

Postby Madame de Saint-Just » 18 May 2017, 17:47

From 2005:

VICTORIA BECKHAM IN FUR MISUNDERSTANDING VICTORIA BECKHAM almost became a target for the People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) after they mistook her false fur gillet for a real animal pelt. The former SPICE GIRL had a number of faux fur outfits recreated from designs she had seen at a Roberto Cavalli fashion show earlier this year (05), and after realising their mistake, PETA are now praising the singer for her leading example. YVONNE TAYLOR from PETA says, "On fur farms, animals are electrocuted or have their necks snapped for their pelts. "Victoria is proof that you can get this season's killer looks without having to kill animals. "Victoria has let PETA know that not only is she supportive of its high-profile anti-fur campaigns, she has pledged never to work with fur in any of her own fashion collections."

Though she used alligator skin in one of her collections which isn't any better or more ethical than using real fur. As for Geri only wearing second hand fur, she is still wearing the skin and fur of a brutally tortured animal. I think they are both hypocrites in this matter, especially Victoria who is supposed to be vegetarian from what I understand. I love them, especially Victoria, but as an ethical vegan I find it hard to stomach celebrities wearing real fur as they set an example which says that vanity is worth torturing animals. I am really glad though that Victoria's collaboration with Estee Lauder isn't tested on animals as Estee Lauder is supposedly cruelty-free.
Hannes84
Deactivated by request
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 18 May 2017, 22:11

PETA is not really relevant, they are such hypocrites. It's like when P!nk whined about sheep wool and how the animals are treated, and then week later was wearing a wool hat on her head. Like.. wtf.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 18 May 2017, 23:05

Victoria is a pescaterian and the Geri second hand quote is from the 90s. Not because she was sensitive but cheap. She wears real fur all the time.
But leather is animal skin.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 18 May 2017, 23:46

spice96 wrote:The worst thing is that with certain animals. The process of removing theis skin, they do when the animal is alive. On youtube you can see many animals screaming enormously while they remove their skin. It is terrible...

I don't understand why some animals... They are alive and screaming when they removed their skin... And because with other animals they remove the skin being dead...

Sorry my English... I know that if you have no imagination it is possible that you don't understand what I have written... I don't know how to express good in English

All creatures feel pain.
Fur has to be removed while the creature is alive because once it's dead, it immediately starts decaying. But most made in China jackets with fur around the hood are dog or cat fur. So it's not some animal over the other. You can't be compassionate to animals and not be vegetarian. And it's not very trendy. Otherwise some spice girls would def try it.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 19 May 2017, 21:45

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:Victoria is a pescaterian and the Geri second hand quote is from the 90s. Not because she was sensitive but cheap. She wears real fur all the time.

Erm, no. Geri was confronted about her wearing fur in 2001, 2003 and in 2004 (and i do believe she's said it later also), and she stated that she does not wear real fur apart from the 2nd hand fur coats she's got. Stop spreading lies.

And yes, while I agree fur is fur, as a vegetarian I think that anything is better than supporting the fur-industry today. Buying 2nd hand fur doesn't do that.

These days the faux fur looks so realistic, there's really no excuse to wear genuine fur. Ask Stella McCartney.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 20 May 2017, 00:41

Andreas wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:Victoria is a pescaterian and the Geri second hand quote is from the 90s. Not because she was sensitive but cheap. She wears real fur all the time.

Erm, no. Geri was confronted about her wearing fur in 2001, 2003 and in 2004 (and i do believe she's said it later also), and she stated that she does not wear real fur apart from the 2nd hand fur coats she's got. Stop spreading lies.

And yes, while I agree fur is fur, as a vegetarian I think that anything is better than supporting the fur-industry today. Buying 2nd hand fur doesn't do that.

These days the faux fur looks so realistic, there's really no excuse to wear genuine fur. Ask Stella McCartney.

Geri has said the same thing in the 90s about buying fur coats at second hand stores. As a vegetarian you should know better. Second hand fur is still fur. People are still making money of death.
Geri unfortunately still wears fur. You don't need to find an excuse for her simply because you love her. Like you said she could wear faux. She chooses not too. I'm pretty sure she's pro fox hunting too.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 20 May 2017, 09:08

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Andreas wrote:

Geri has said the same thing in the 90s about buying fur coats at second hand stores. As a vegetarian you should know better. Second hand fur is still fur. People are still making money of death.
Geri unfortunately still wears fur. You don't need to find an excuse for her simply because you love her. Like you said she could wear faux. She chooses not too. I'm pretty sure she's pro fox hunting too.

LOL at the sad attempt of shaming! :rolleyes: Me, as a vegetarian, I'm concerned about what I do. I do not support the fur or meat industry, and I talk about it constructively to those who do. But I do not judge them on their choices. I do not decide for them. I'm sure you are a vegetarian and outspoken PETA-supporter, since you think you can (try to) shame me like that :rolleyes:

Why don't you prove your words instead of spreading inaccuracies and lies. It's not the first time you presented a "fact" not having the substantial evidence to back it up. Just because it's your opinion doesn't make it a fact.
SomeonesBaby

Postby SomeonesBaby » 26 May 2017, 18:49

Nice to see Victoria using faux fur for some of her latest handbags.

Melanie C might not wear fur coats, but you'd have to confirm on the tag of each of her jackets & footwear to make sure nothing is made of authentic leather, suede, wool.
Poshboy78

Postby Poshboy78 » 28 May 2017, 10:20

During the band's heydays is was faux fur for sure!

As for recent years, they might have worn real fur, otherwise they would have said something about that topic, which has always meant great exposure.

Return to “Spice Girls”